Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need simple help here

Default Re: need simple help here

Quote Originally Posted by ahseng79 View Post
    thanks for the tips, i will try take 1/30 or faster but i am only using built in flash, as i cant power the flash, the only thing i can do is to cover with white card or something.. so just try it,, thanks again
    Why not try to take the picture with AV mode? You can control the iso and aperture, and let the camera to decide the suitable sputter spd as you are taking portrait when sputter speed is not of a priority. Just pick a aperture value and check that the shutter speed is not slow to prevent handshake blur. And of cause, I am not trying to say you cannot use TV mode... You need to see which mode you are more comfortable with.

Other than Aperture and Shutter, few things if u may also want to check other settings as well:
    1) ISO (Bump it up)
    2) Exposure Compensation EV (make sure it is not at -EV... increase to a positive +EV for more exposure)
    3) Flash compensation (if you are using flash, you need to set the correct compensation to properly expose your subject)

Quote Originally Posted by xtunbox View Post
    Why not try to take the picture with AV mode? You can control the iso and aperture, and let the camera to decide the suitable sputter spd as you are taking portrait when sputter speed is not of a priority. Just pick a aperture value and check that the shutter speed is not slow to prevent handshake blur. And of cause, I am not trying to say you cannot use TV mode... You need to see which mode you are more comfortable with.

Other than Aperture and Shutter, few things if u may also want to check other settings as well:
    1) ISO (Bump it up)
    2) Exposure Compensation EV (make sure it is not at -EV... increase to a positive +EV for more exposure)
    3) Flash compensation (if you are using flash, you need to set the correct compensation to properly expose your subject)
    thanks. i have tried to use AV too.. is good but the object is moving, very hard for me to use AV i want to take a very nice moment, i tried to ask the person to stay, but the shutter is long so too bad,, i cant get a nice one. thanks for the tips

If the background is brighter than the person. What I do is using AE Lock. So the person will not look dark and the background is bright. Firstly you aim your center AF point on the person. Than press the AE Lock * button which is next to the AF-ON button to lock the exposure on the person. Than you can recompose your frame and press the shutter button take the shot. So the exposure will priority on the dark person not on the background. Another way you can do is try setting the metering mode to partial or spot metering. See which method is best for you.
    | 5D Mark III | 24-70mm F2.8L MK II | 70-200mm F2.8L IS MK II | 600 EX-RT | Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG (A) |

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ahseng79

thanks. i have tried to use AV too.. is good but the object is moving, very hard for me to use AV i want to take a very nice moment, i tried to ask the person to stay, but the shutter is long so too bad,, i cant get a nice one. thanks for the tips
    TS, turn your camera to P mode, pop up the flash, switch metering to evaluative/matrix meter. Picture should come up more or less ok.

TS - my suggestion is to still post up the pictures.

Until you post it up, all is just talk based on postulation of what happened, instead of what really happened. There's a subtle difference, unless we can read your mind from between computer screens and behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBaby View Post
    If the background is brighter than the person. What I do is using AE Lock. So the person will not look dark and the background is bright. Firstly you aim your center AF point on the person. Than press the AE Lock * button which is next to the AF-ON button to lock the exposure on the person. Than you can recompose your frame and press the shutter button take the shot. So the exposure will priority on the dark person not on the background. Another way you can do is try setting the metering mode to partial or spot metering. See which method is best for you.
    this is a good method of using AE lock... had tried and help abit great great, thanks alot.. never think of doing that too

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    TS, turn your camera to P mode, pop up the flash, switch metering to evaluative/matrix meter. Picture should come up more or less ok.
    have not tried the "P" mode, will try it.. thanks alot

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    TS - my suggestion is to still post up the pictures.

Until you post it up, all is just talk based on postulation of what happened, instead of what really happened. There's a subtle difference, unless we can read your mind from between computer screens and behind them.

oook.. i will find something to take but in my previous post was the person reguest not to do so, i will and take some photo with the same problem and post it up.. thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12