Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Tether Your DSLR Camera to an Apple iPad

  1. #1

    Default Tether Your DSLR Camera to an Apple iPad

    Does this work... anyone tried before ?

    http://www.dslrphoto.com/dslr/3-easy...pad,17026.html

    Seems like a very good way to interact with your subjects... also zoom in out to see picture sharpness and DOF

  2. #2

    Default Re: Tether Your DSLR Camera to an Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by DM101 View Post
    Does this work... anyone tried before ?

    http://www.dslrphoto.com/dslr/3-easy...pad,17026.html

    Seems like a very good way to interact with your subjects... also zoom in out to see picture sharpness and DOF
    Yes, it work. I have done it under the EyeFi review.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Tether Your DSLR Camera to an Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post
    Yes, it work. I have done it under the EyeFi review.
    Thanks for confirming !

  4. #4
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975

    Yes, it work. I have done it under the EyeFi review.
    Do you need to jail break your iPad? Seems to be some confusing info about this on the web. Thanks.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Tether Your DSLR Camera to an Apple iPad

    Posting some resources for all members reference

    Eye-Fi Explore X2 8 GB Class 6 SDHC Price
    http://www.amazon.com/Eye-Fi-Explore...2479043&sr=8-4

    Camera Compatible List
    http://www.eye.fi/how-it-works/camera-compatibility

    Models of CARD Available
    http://www.eye.fi/products/connectx2

  6. #6

    Default Re: Tether Your DSLR Camera to an Apple iPad

    seems like you need a Macbook as well, according to the video.. just to tether to an iPad?

    any way around that? now only if Samsung could get it to work without needing a medium on the Galaxy Tab

  7. #7

    Default

    The latest IOS for iPad should have wifi hotspot enable. Just turn that on and config eyefi to it.

  8. #8
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975
    The latest IOS for iPad should have wifi hotspot enable. Just turn that on and config eyefi to it.
    Both my iPhone 4 and iPad (3G+WiFi) don't have hotspot option leh. I using Singtel and both are at iOS 4.3.1. How to configure har?

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai

    Both my iPhone 4 and iPad (3G+WiFi) don't have hotspot option leh. I using Singtel and both are at iOS 4.3.1. How to configure har?
    4.3 should have.

  10. #10
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Re: Tether Your DSLR Camera to an Apple iPad

    New model announced. No need to pay another US$16 for that what stitch app. Plus they lowered the price of the Pro version.

    http://www.dpreview.com/news/1104/11...fimobilex2.asp

  11. #11

    Default Re: Tether Your DSLR Camera to an Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post
    The latest IOS for iPad should have wifi hotspot enable. Just turn that on and config eyefi to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Both my iPhone 4 and iPad (3G+WiFi) don't have hotspot option leh. I using Singtel and both are at iOS 4.3.1. How to configure har?
    personal hotspot is not available on iPad, it's only for iPhone 4. You can enable it from Settings > Personal Hotspot

  12. #12
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d3vilZ

    personal hotspot is not available on iPad, it's only for iPhone 4. You can enable it from Settings > Personal Hotspot
    Nope. Option not available on my iPhone 4 (with iOS 4.3.1). I believe it has to be enabled by my service provider, I.e. Singtel.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai

    Nope. Option not available on my iPhone 4 (with iOS 4.3.1). I believe it has to be enabled by my service provider, I.e. Singtel.
    I'm on SingTel network and the option is there.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Tether Your DSLR Camera to an Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    New model announced. No need to pay another US$16 for that what stitch app. Plus they lowered the price of the Pro version.

    http://www.dpreview.com/news/1104/11...fimobilex2.asp
    Where to get Eye-Fi in Singapore ? I google shows no shopn carrying this...

  15. #15

    Default Re: Tether Your DSLR Camera to an Apple iPad

    no one carry in eye-fi. You can try buying from oversea and ship to SG. Some CSans try before lao. Or alternative you can try using local brand "Flu card" which i suggest skipping this card due the lots of limitation.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Tether Your DSLR Camera to an Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post
    no one carry in eye-fi. You can try buying from oversea and ship to SG. Some CSans try before lao. Or alternative you can try using local brand "Flu card" which i suggest skipping this card due the lots of limitation.
    thanks for sharing. More info on the FREE Eye-Fi apps here http://www.eye.fi/products/iphone?postTabs=0

  17. #17
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d3vilZ

    I'm on SingTel network and the option is there.
    Can liow. I called Singtel and they made me do a reset. Lost my settings but gained the personal hotspot thing. Thanks!

  18. #18

    Default Re: Tether Your DSLR Camera to an Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post
    Yes, it work. I have done it under the EyeFi review.
    If I shoot RAW + JPEG does it mean the RAW stays on the card and only the JPG is uploaded ? I checked the new MOBILE cards can be shipped from AMAZON !

  19. #19

    Default Re: Tether Your DSLR Camera to an Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by DM101 View Post
    If I shoot RAW + JPEG does it mean the RAW stays on the card and only the JPG is uploaded ? I checked the new MOBILE cards can be shipped from AMAZON !
    Only the Pro X2 cards can upload RAW files. Here to compare --> http://www.eye.fi/products/compare-cards

  20. #20

    Default Re: Tether Your DSLR Camera to an Apple iPad

    My Photoshop app crashes on my iPad when I try to edit images directly form my camera. They come out too big for the iPad to handle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •