Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cameron Highlands

Default Re: Cameron Highlands

Bros,
    Sg - Ipoh not that far la...6 hour plus can reach. Assuming you start sg very early morning, you'll reach Ipoh around early lunch. From Ipoh up to Tanah rata only 45 min - 1 hour nia. The last major rest area before simpang pulai is Tapah. so you can freshen up, makan etc.

If you come from NSH, exit at the Simpang Pulai toll. Turn right and when you reach first traffic light (i think), turn right and the road will lead you past some marble quarries and then gradually up to Kampung Raja and then down to Brinchang (equatorial hotel). from there the road leads you down to Tanah rata & then ringlet. So if you drive from Sg, i think take this new road is better...faster, not so much turns hence not so tired. Coming back to sg, you can take the old road down to ringlet which you'll then lead you out to Tapah and just follow the signs to NSH.

I agree that at Brinchang is the highest and the Boh tea plantation at Sungai Palas (in that area) is very nice!. I know cos I took my wedding photos there ...or you can drive to another boh tea plantation lower down in somewhere past tanah rata area. I think it's near Ye Olde Smokehouse.

A word of advice, if you go weekends or school holidays, be prepared to wait and have traffic jams up in that area...my friend's car got stuck in that traffic jam and it was all the way uphill and his engine overheated!...

Tanah Rata is THE main town area with lots of restaurants and shops and cars and stuff....Brinchang rather quiet and ringlet has LOTS of flies....dunno why.

but it's a nice place to take a few days of R&R..
    Hua Hee tu hou la...Happy can liao

Cool Re: Cameron Highlands

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Cameron Highland is huge and my advice to drive there.....going by public transport is a little retrictive unless you join tour package....as usual.....you can go tea plantation....hiking etc.....also recommend to go towards weekend as there is a nice pasar malam....

If you read chinese, I have posted my trip in here...check it out http://fotolah.com/thread-525-1-1.html
    beautiful photos! enjoyed looking at your trip pics. r u on facebook too?

I went there last year, I think best is not to drive up there, the long hour drive is one thing, the going up hill is one of the challenge as well. If you don't mind can just join the tour...
    If you going just with your wife, then a bit hard for you to book the van that will drive you around, coz it cost quite a bit.
    The main highlight there should be the green carpet and the strawberries farm and the cooling and fresh air.

I went there last year, I think best is not to drive up there, the long hour drive is one thing, the going up hill is one of the challenge as well. If you don't mind can just join the tour...
    If you going just with your wife, then a bit hard for you to book the van that will drive you around, coz it cost quite a bit.
    The main highlight there should be the green carpet and the strawberries farm and the cooling and fresh air.

Hi, I intend to drive up to Tanah Rata town and staying in Carnation Apartment.
    On Saturday itself, I have planned to visit Tea & Strawberry plantation, the waterfall. Do I still have enough time for other place of interest? What's your recommendation? I will be visiting the night market on Friday night when I reaches there.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by ProSeow2010; 16th April 2011 at 12:40 PM.

The best thing about going to Cameron Highlands is driving up the long and windy road from Tapah exit up. A chance to practice your skills. BTW I just went up last Friday and drove down the windy road at 9.30 pm and reach Tampines 4pm. 6.5 hours later.

Just do a search on all the paid guided tours and you will see all the attractions for first timers to see. For second timers, no point following tours already so you dont get tied down to be led around.

I have been there close to 10 times past few years, and all self drive, staying at Lakehouse. Since lakehouse is much nearer going by Tapah, and I once tried going the IPOH way, what a waste of time ....
    7D . 10-22 . 17-55 . 50 1.8 . 18-200 . 70-200 2.8 II . EX580 II
    潜水高尔夫球手 Sunchaser

I passed the Lakehouse and it looked very nice with the tranquil lake. I wondered when will I be able to afford to stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by scubagolfer View Post
    The best thing about going to Cameron Highlands is driving up the long and windy road from Tapah exit up. A chance to practice your skills. BTW I just went up last Friday and drove down the windy road at 9.30 pm and reach Tampines 4pm. 6.5 hours later.

Just do a search on all the paid guided tours and you will see all the attractions for first timers to see. For second timers, no point following tours already so you dont get tied down to be led around.

I have been there close to 10 times past few years, and all self drive, staying at Lakehouse. Since lakehouse is much nearer going by Tapah, and I once tried going the IPOH way, what a waste of time ....
    Yeah I concur with you.
    The road is certainly much faster (ie speed that you can drive), but it's SOOOooo much longer. Brinchang to the NS highway entrance (was it at Simpang Pulai? I forgot) took ages. Then after that, quite a long drive till I passed Tapah exit.
    Even if I stay at Brinchang, I think I will go via the old road. The waterfall is a nice and relaxing break
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Daoyin View Post
    I passed the Lakehouse and it looked very nice with the tranquil lake. I wondered when will I be able to afford to stay there.
    It's expensive but not that terrible ba... About S$200+/night, which is cheaper than most hotels in Singapore.
    It's really a nice place.
    Exploring! :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12