Thread: Newbie Canon 550d

Default Newbie Canon 550d

Hi all. Been using Canon 550d (18-55) for a year. Tried wide convertor/macro for 3 mths. Thinking of signing up for photography courses. What are ur points??

Default Re: Newbie Canon 550d

Quote Originally Posted by Apple Chip View Post
    Hi all. Been using Canon 550d (18-55) for a year. Tried wide convertor/macro for 3 mths. Thinking of signing up for photography courses. What are ur points??
    Take the course, throw away the adapter ... far away ...
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Apple Chip
    Go for the course, adaptor use as paperweight. Don't go find out how much the adaptor really cost, you will regret.

Any recommendation??

Recommendation is to check out the internet, there are many online video tutorials for shooting AND post processing available for free, where you can learn stuff. My suggestion is that after reading or viewing stuff about photography, go out and shoot and practise the tips you learn. Photography workshops cost money, and probably give you the chance to ask questions when you want to, but you can always ask them here (provided you have tried whatever you can do yourself before asking).

For Youtube videos, you can try searching for Jared Polin, Dom Bower and Gavin Hoey, they have lots of videos on shooting and post processing. You can also check out Lightroom Killer Tips for post processing tips, and strobist.blogspot.com to learn how to manipulate light. Those can keep you occupied for a very long time.

Any recommendation??
    Yes, I recommend the following:

1. Go to the forum home: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/forum.php
    2. Look for the box in the top-right that has a big orange "Go" button. This is the SEARCH.
    3. Type in "photography course" and click "Go"
    4. Start reading.

as for your convertor lenses, i hope you did not pay more than 30SGD for them, because that's the most they are worth.
    Alpha

Any recommendation??
    Try the photographic society of Singapore, they provide basic courses for photography. Or you can make friends here and go out for shoot, to learn and practice at the same time.

Thanks alot ppl! As for the convertor... Im nt sure of the price bt i gt it as a gift. ;') by the look im sure it doesnt cost dat muh either. Btw... any recommendation for speedlite??

Thanks alot ppl! As for the convertor... Im nt sure of the price bt i gt it as a gift. ;') by the look im sure it doesnt cost dat muh either. Btw... any recommendation for speedlite??
    Depends on your budget, for original maybe you can consider 430EXII or 580EXII, third party maybe Nissin Di622 Mark2 or Di866

Any recommendation??
    There is an entire section for courses and workshops.
    EOS

Join randomers!! Lol
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka