Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please give comment on my photo. Macro-shot

Yes it do have macro function, thank alot for all your tips!!! I'll try to take some better shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingpig
    Yes it do have macro function, thank alot for all your tips!!! I'll try to take some better shot!
    then why didn't u use it at first?

Using macro function should solve ur background problems. Don't try fitting ur entire bear in the frame this time, macro doesn't work like that!

its pretty difficult to explain macros haha...

imho....ya's was juz a bear bear shot.... macros are stuff tt are really small then u need lens wif super magnification pwr to get it big enough yet wif u being close enuff u see haha....

the s5000's macro mode uses the inbuild system to achieve the macro lens effect if i am not wrong...tt's y digicam's macro modes never match up to tt of a macro lens....

perhaps to take a macro of something....u can try something small...like a ring(or the diamond on it....) keep the background simple....macro mode dun mean tt it has to be at f2.8.....large aperture only means faster shutter and more blur to me...

e.g.

I did use macro function on that pic..so i just shoot abit where it can only see abit on the bear?

hehe...i took so long to type the next thread came out...hope ti helps anyway...

[QUOTE=Witness]its pretty difficult to explain macros haha...

imho....ya's was juz a bear bear shot.... macros are stuff tt are really small then u need lens wif super magnification pwr to get it big enough yet wif u being close enuff u see haha....

the s5000's macro mode uses the inbuild system to achieve the macro lens effect if i am not wrong...tt's y digicam's macro modes never match up to tt of a macro lens....

perhaps to take a macro of something....u can try something small...like a ring(or the diamond on it....) keep the background simple....macro mode dun mean tt it has to be at f2.8.....large aperture only means faster shutter and more blur to me...

I see, you have got more simple explanation where i can understand more easily , Does it means macro are more suitable on small object and would be nicer on simple background, i had see the the Macros-Close up category and i notice alot of those macros photo had simple background like greenish, brownish, ect ect.

Is it very important to have a close up for macros? Thank you in advance and sorry to ask so much.

eh its not....haha but scientifically speaking....if u say MACRO....its a blow up of a small object....so i guess ya bear doesnt qualify ...

if i took the ring as it was....it wount be so big in the picture....but i used some macro technique to achieve the size....tt could hav been done by juz cropping and blowing it up....but the image quality would not be the same...

eh.....simple background is not a must....but it helps in macros....i dun normally surf the macro section coz its always on bugs ...and i not too keen on those hahah....

close up lens only allow u to take pictures more closely.....at the end of the day....a macro lens rocks....but its true that the close up lens can allow u to "blow up" a small object while still being near it....note:close up lens only work "close up" they dun increase ya zoom power or anything....

if u really hav to stick to ya s5000...find out the minimum distance u can achieve wif ya camera....and stick to tt distance...close up's only help....imho....they are not a must...

at the end its ya creativity to make do wif wat u have tt counts..

Thank you so much for all your tips!!! Finally i get to know some things on macro =) I'll practice more, last question, btw do you know whether if there is close up lens for s5000..

u need to get the tele/macro/wide adaptor first...fit it on then buy the close up lens tt fit the adaptor....my take get the macro adaptor if there is one...though i dun tink so.....so get the tele adaptor??

to find out more u could always join in on outings ....during outings u learn lots of stuff....and you dun restrict yourself to juz taking macros....landscapes, architecture ...people.....candids....there are a gazillion opportunites....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12