Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Please give comment on my photo. Macro-shot

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    801

    Default Please give comment on my photo. Macro-shot

    Hi Everyone,

    I really need some comment on my photo, please guide me, thank you!
    I use either F2.8 or F.3.2
    Please click on the link to view my photo, thankyou.

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...hers/Photo.jpg

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...thers/blur.jpg
    Last edited by Flyingpig; 17th August 2004 at 02:18 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,522

    Default

    Hmm.. whats ur subject? the soft-toy, clorets or ricola? Both shots look more like close-up than macro. I can't gauge the size of the soft-toy.

    Erm, you got lots of stuff in the background.. distracting.

    PS. resize ur photos, then can hot-link. no need click here click there.
    Last edited by foxtwo; 17th August 2004 at 04:48 PM.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    Hmm.. whats ur subject? the soft-toy, clorets or ricola? Both shots look more like close-up than macro. I can't gauge the size of the soft-toy.

    Erm, you got lots of stuff in the background.. distracting.

    PS. resize ur photos, then can hot-link. no need click here click there.
    true and i agree - no "focus" there in the picture...

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Sorry but i don't know how to link it to here, can you teach me? Oh the bear is the main subject that i want to focus, the sweets behind is the one that should be blurred.

  5. #5

    Default

    use the "img" tag (or more simply click on the picture of the mountain with the "sun" and the yellow background when composing your forum entry)

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,522

    Default

    Why did u include the sweets at the background?

    Might I suggest that u try shooting the bear by itself instead, the more stuff you have in the frame, the harder to shoot.

    Set up a clean background, have a lightsource over your subject & explore ur angles. Experiment. Top-down, bottom-up, etc...

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    801

    Default



    Hey jfl, Thanks alot !!!

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    Why did u include the sweets at the background?

    Might I suggest that u try shooting the bear by itself instead, the more stuff you have in the frame, the harder to shoot.

    Set up a clean background, have a lightsource over your subject & explore ur angles. Experiment. Top-down, bottom-up, etc...
    Thanks for your comments! But what if when i wanted to have a macro shot but it happen to have many things behind, example on people? What should i do.

  9. #9

    Default

    it doesn't seems like a macro to me... more like... a close up? aperture is 2.8? hmmm the background dun seems to blur that much... well... i am not a pro.. but just some of my tots...

    anyway.. focus more on the bear for the better composition.. unless u are trying to add scale to ur bear by adding sweets??

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingpig
    Thanks for your comments! But what if when i wanted to have a macro shot but it happen to have many things behind, example on people? What should i do.
    Open ur aperture for min DOF. Ur not using an slr system rite? otherwise the option would be to change to a long lens to "compress the background"...

    U just have to wait for a clear moment. There's no getting past some things.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingpig
    Hey jfl, Thanks alot !!!
    sure... just... treat me to the sweets in the box after u're done! lol...

    ps. what's the definition of a macro shot anyway?

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jfl
    ps. what's the definition of a macro shot anyway?
    tat qn is worth an entirely new thread for discussion. lolz. There's a thread in general, reviews & tech-talk which touches briefly on what macro is to certain peoples.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Central
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Don't look like a macro to me. Just a normal shot of a soft toy with largest aperture.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    Open ur aperture for min DOF. Ur not using an slr system rite? otherwise the option would be to change to a long lens to "compress the background"...

    U just have to wait for a clear moment. There's no getting past some things.
    My min is F2.8, what is slr... sorry i'm really new to this.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    tat qn is worth an entirely new thread for discussion. lolz. There's a thread in general, reviews & tech-talk which touches briefly on what macro is to certain peoples.
    thanks. You mean this one? doesnt look like it leh.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingpig
    My min is F2.8, what is slr... sorry i'm really new to this.
    slr -> single lens reflex. actually this is just extra information, at ur level it's ok to ignore it. lolz.

    what i was trying to ask was if ur camera can change lense or is it fixed?

    And since what ur doing is actually not macro, but close-up, i think u can try zooming in. firstly it'll eliminate most of the empty space, secondly it'll help compress ur background. But again I dun know how much ur lense allow u to zoom...

    You got money? Buy close-up filters lah... lolz

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jfl
    thanks. You mean this one? doesnt look like it leh.
    U go read the whole thing lah. lolz. I agree with what the fella defines as macro. It's how I shoot macro too.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    You got money? Buy close-up filters lah... lolz
    aiyah no need - put simple little magnifying glass in front of camera can already...

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    slr -> single lens reflex. actually this is just extra information, at ur level it's ok to ignore it. lolz.

    what i was trying to ask was if ur camera can change lense or is it fixed?

    And since what ur doing is actually not macro, but close-up, i think u can try zooming in. firstly it'll eliminate most of the empty space, secondly it'll help compress ur background. But again I dun know how much ur lense allow u to zoom...

    You got money? Buy close-up filters lah... lolz
    Well i'm using fujifilm S5000, so if i want to have macro shot, i should have simple background and zoom in until very close?

    What does slr do?

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingpig
    Well i'm using fujifilm S5000, so if i want to have macro shot, i should have simple background and zoom in until very close?

    What does slr do?
    i'm not familiar with S5000. (ok, actually i'm not familiar with ANY digital camera ) Does the S5000 have a macro function? If yes, use that instead. Otherwise u're stuck with zooming in, or moving in real close.

    This is pretty much what I can advise on,

    slr? Eh... It's a complex camera system involving mirrors.... lolz. pls google.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •