Thread: Helicopter ride in Nepal?

Default Helicopter ride in Nepal?

Hey guys,

I'm planning a trip to Nepal around the end of this year, and I'm starting to do my research now. Trying to find other things to fill the itinerary besides the usual trekking.

Just wondering if any of you have ever taken a helicopter ride there before? How was it? Any photos to share? Also, which of the rides would you recommend and how was the cost like?

Looking around, seems most of them are like at least 2k+, don't know if it'll be worth the cost. Might be a once in a lifetime sort of experience though!

Default Re: Helicopter ride in Nepal?

hi there! i went to nepal last year November... on the way back from Lukla to Kathmandu, all planes were grounded due to fog, and we were forced to take a heli ride. costed 550 USD per person for a 30 min ride or so... obviously not much of a view coz of the fog haha. but the views would have been really nice that's for sure, the mountain ranges were a treat! I had a good view on the plane ride to Lukla when the skies were crystal clear... heli tours are quite common but really expensive, i wouldn't pay that kind of money but that's just me =)

my photos from nepal are here if your interested =)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/melvin_...7625289398589/

Default Re: Helicopter ride in Nepal?

Thanks for the tips!
    Ah so it was $550 for a one way from Lukla to Kathmandu? Hmmmm.....thats bout 10 times the price of the plane ticket i think. Do you happen to remember what sort of heli it was? How many people on it?

Great looking photos too!