Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 621262930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Singapore Botanic Gardens Outing

Default so many filters

[QUOTE=Flyingpig]Then for the ND..when will it be useful when taking photos? Also the polorizer too.. Not familar with all this filters...is there any website where they explain all kinds of filter?

there are so many diff. filters. UV and SKYLIGHT is the most common.
    some gives you stronger colours to yr pics.
    some to shoot through glass n water.
    some gives u a darken sky....so many more....

u can go to a book shop n look up on filters for more details.
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

Quote Originally Posted by justarius
    A ND is useful when you want to get slower shutter speeds in bright conditions (as in chunger's 1s waterfall exposure to get the silky flowing effect).

A polariser is used to increase colour saturation and cut out reflections and glare (e.g from glass, watersurface, foliage).

Wow, that is really easy to understand. I was trying to read up on very detail and technical article on this. Thanks to your layman term explanation, now i know the different

hey flying ?," dont like to call u that"

COME next outing , look for me , and i give u a CATALOG about filters and u can learn a bit of ideas from there. thats how i learn when i shoot only in film.......
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

By the way, I saw a catalogue from Hoya explaining about all filters. Maybe u can go down to a camera shop and ask for it.. Should be free of charge...
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

Default free when u buy something from them...

Quote Originally Posted by nickmak
    By the way, I saw a catalogue from Hoya explaining about all filters. Maybe u can go down to a camera shop and ask for it.. Should be free of charge...
    some shops dont mind giving one to u , if u buy something else loh...

forget the spending , i give u one. i got mine free, so its nice to pass it to someone who wants to learn more about it...

yeah, it is free.

given to me by my dad....
    gee.... it has been years man.... and no new update / change in the catalogue

BTW, below are my version of
    1) 22 Aug 04 SBG Invasion
    and
    2) Super Motard & Cub Prix, 22 Aug 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingpig
    Then for the ND..when will it be useful when taking photos? Also the polorizer too.. Not familar with all this filters...is there any website where they explain all kinds of filter?

Sorry to ask so much.
    erh, there's a plenty of websites explaining it. U got to search for them dude.

here's one for easy reading.

hoya product list for ur graphical examples.

Hehe,can also go library to read about filters and cameras and stuff too!

LOTS and TONS of things to learn!

Hey guys, thanks all for helping! Oh foxtwo, thanks for the webbie, it's really great!!

If have chance to go outing with you guys..Geno, i'm gonna find you first!! btw i'm Zongkun
    Last edited by Flyingpig; 24th August 2004 at 07:53 AM.

Want to go on another trip... but sadly have to go back to Bangkok this thursday. Anyways, finally I get to meet some of you guys and really realise what a friendly bunch you guys are. Hope to go again soon!

Cheers!
    Yo bro Nick. I will be there next week the week after. But going for work though. May not have time to jalan jalan. It would be nice to meet up and have coffee and go visit MBK to survey their camera stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by chunger
    Hahahaa... not really lah. Coz his orginal pic is facing somewhere else and the lighting direction is not similar. So can spot it easily . Too bad I dun have so much time to try and error on these.
    Halo brudder. I was standing up on the left and now I am sitting down on the left. Half my body is gone

Quote Originally Posted by jbma
    Yo bro Nick. I will be there next week the week after. But going for work though. May not have time to jalan jalan. It would be nice to meet up and have coffee and go visit MBK to survey their camera stuff.
    Aiyah, if you are there in 2 weeks I'll be in US for business trip... sian... Tell me the dates of your stay ain bangkok and then maybe might be able to meet up with u!
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

Quote Originally Posted by kohweekuan
    this is a link to my SBG photos.
    taken with A80 and no PS done (dunno how to lei ).

and this is my shoots at Sky Dive .
    taken at esplanade there and had to zoom all the way into digital in order to capture (so pardon me that the pictures not very clear ).

Cause i never see ppl post and so i just thought of sharing the moment with the rest of you.

Enjoy!
    Wah for the sky dive photos, you were so far away ah?

Aiyah, if you are there in 2 weeks I'll be in US for business trip... sian... Tell me the dates of your stay ain bangkok and then maybe might be able to meet up with u!
    Ok. I'll be staying either at the Oakwood Apartment or the Marriott Spa. I prefer the Marriot as I can take the hotel's boat to Takshin's pier and then the train right to MBK. Ok we'll see if we can meet. If not then have a nice trip to the US.

Lol, i was at the esplande too, but with my normal zoom..i can only see ants falling down from the sky..

Hey anyone interested for a ubin shoot on sunday ??? always miss the chance to join u guys .... a sunday morning walk around ubin WILL be very nice !!

Quote Originally Posted by poohbear
    Hey anyone interested for a ubin shoot on sunday ??? always miss the chance to join u guys .... a sunday morning walk around ubin WILL be very nice !!
    Ai ya... i'll be in US by then... sighzz...

Hmm... at the rate this thread is going.......... I can see the mods moving it soon.....

Well, we always welcome people (regardless of pros or newbies) in the "Newbies" Outing Chit-Chat thread... You know the saying if you can't beat them, join them..

Ai ya... i'll be in US by then... sighzz...
    Lucky you, I will be wearing "green" surrounded by greenery protecting the country . There is an Ubin feeling lingering around too, the only minus pt is I will not have a camera with me hahahha

Quote Originally Posted by alechim
    Lucky you, I will be wearing "green" surrounded by greenery protecting the country . There is an Ubin feeling lingering around too, the only minus pt is I will not have a camera with me hahahha
    haha... hey, but you still get to shoot rite? haha... Good luck!

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 621262930313233 ... LastLast