Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 520252829303132 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 678

Thread: Singapore Botanic Gardens Outing

  1. #581
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chunger
    Finally got time to finish process the pic. Well, felt like playing cheat a bit lah

    But, my limited zoom and macro can only get me normal picture. So some of them i use PS to make it look a bit nicer (a lot) and some jsut crop (can't zoom) and sharpen.

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=89250
    You've got very nice pic! I like the waterfall! And tips for that?

  2. #582
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by illustrious
    put me into pic leh!! :P
    Can of coz... just take one similar lighting and pose one.. then pass to me lor hehe

  3. #583
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    2,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingpig
    Will you be coming back??
    I will be coming back for sure... Most likely in October and definitely in December... Have to go for health checkup with MINDEF! Going to NS next year this time.. sigh...

    Before going to NS, I wanna go to as many trips as possible... remember I'm still organizing that trip to climb mount kinabalu in december or maybe another holiday!

    Cheers
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

  4. #584
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingpig
    You've got very nice pic! I like the waterfall! And tips for that?
    Well, that one I manage to get 1 sec exposure with the help of a poloraizer (from tunster) and ND +1 filter from (Latmo). So long exposure can be done with those two filter cutting down a few F stop.

    The pic also PS to look a bit blur and glowing.

  5. #585
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    2,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chunger
    Well, that one I manage to get 1 sec exposure with the help of a poloraizer (from tunster) and ND +1 filter from (Latmo). So long exposure can be done with those two filter cutting down a few F stop.

    The pic also PS to look a bit blur and glowing.
    By the way chunger, MD means microdrive. Was too lazy to type so sorry about that.
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

  6. #586
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickmak
    I will be coming back for sure... Most likely in October and definitely in December... Have to go for health checkup with MINDEF! Going to NS next year this time.. sigh...

    Before going to NS, I wanna go to as many trips as possible... remember I'm still organizing that trip to climb mount kinabalu in december or maybe another holiday!

    Cheers
    I see, oh no 2 more years before i enter NS Where is Kinabalu? Can newbie go?

  7. #587
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chunger
    Well, that one I manage to get 1 sec exposure with the help of a poloraizer (from tunster) and ND +1 filter from (Latmo). So long exposure can be done with those two filter cutting down a few F stop.

    The pic also PS to look a bit blur and glowing.
    What is the purpose of poloraizer? And what is ND?

    Gosh i'm real newbie.

  8. #588
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    2,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingpig
    I see, oh no 2 more years before i enter NS Where is Kinabalu? Can newbie go?
    Kinabalu is Mount Kinabalu, 13,500 foot mountain in Sabah (I think..) Went up there once with a film camera... only to realise my shutter did not open the whole trip... so in the end i kao peh until I came to CS and ask anybody wants to join. Anybody can join, and flyingpig, good for you to prepare for NS too!

    But seriously, this trip is going to be done and I really hope more people could go... so far not many... Anybody from the SBG trip also can come!
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

  9. #589
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickmak
    Kinabalu is Mount Kinabalu, 13,500 foot mountain in Sabah (I think..) Went up there once with a film camera... only to realise my shutter did not open the whole trip... so in the end i kao peh until I came to CS and ask anybody wants to join. Anybody can join, and flyingpig, good for you to prepare for NS too!

    But seriously, this trip is going to be done and I really hope more people could go... so far not many... Anybody from the SBG trip also can come!
    I see, going overseas...i really hope that i can go..

  10. #590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chunger
    Well, that one I manage to get 1 sec exposure with the help of a poloraizer (from tunster) and ND +1 filter from (Latmo). So long exposure can be done with those two filter cutting down a few F stop.

    The pic also PS to look a bit blur and glowing.

    mike, it was ND +4

  11. #591
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    2,358

    Default

    Guys and girls,

    I will be deleting the original group photo of the SBG group tomorrow at around 12 pm because of its huge file size. I will keep the smaller file on my pbase account. So if you haven't got the big picture you can download it off my gallery at www.pbase.com/nickmak

    Cheers!
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

  12. #592
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kohweekuan
    mike, it was ND +4
    Oh hehehe i think I heard wrongly lah.

    Nick : Too bad, my camera dun support MDs ( Canon A80)

  13. #593
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Aiyo then what is ND??

    Wow this thread gotta 5 stars..lol

  14. #594
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingpig
    Aiyo then what is ND??

    Wow this thread gotta 5 stars..lol
    ND= neutral density filter

    kinda act as sunglasses for your camera. cut down light tranmission

    sidenote: nice meeting you all (some of you again! )! The timing wasn't too good though I feel, went too late, and the sun was too strong. Maybe we can do another one....at 7am!

  15. #595

    Default

    wah, such a long thread liao, can compete with the newbie thread.

    btw, my pic still havent process

  16. #596
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quekky
    wah, such a long thread liao, can compete with the newbie thread.

    btw, my pic still havent process
    I haven't process mine too! Still have around 10 frames left, so I took my camera out just now when I went for dinner with my gf. Finished that 10 frames + 1 more roll , so going to develop tomorrow....

  17. #597

    Default

    this is a link to my SBG photos.
    taken with A80 and no PS done (dunno how to lei ).

    and this is my shoots at Sky Dive .
    taken at esplanade there and had to zoom all the way into digital in order to capture (so pardon me that the pictures not very clear ).

    Cause i never see ppl post and so i just thought of sharing the moment with the rest of you.

    Enjoy!

  18. #598
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justarius
    ND= neutral density filter

    kinda act as sunglasses for your camera. cut down light tranmission

    sidenote: nice meeting you all (some of you again! )! The timing wasn't too good though I feel, went too late, and the sun was too strong. Maybe we can do another one....at 7am!
    Then for the ND..when will it be useful when taking photos? Also the polorizer too.. Not familar with all this filters...is there any website where they explain all kinds of filter?

    Sorry to ask so much.

  19. #599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chunger
    Can of coz... just take one similar lighting and pose one.. then pass to me lor hehe
    no lah. just kidding. will have chance again one of these day...
    Find me at Claudia.sg and I work at 24seven

  20. #600
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingpig
    Then for the ND..when will it be useful when taking photos? Also the polorizer too.. Not familar with all this filters...is there any website where they explain all kinds of filter?

    Sorry to ask so much.
    A ND is useful when you want to get slower shutter speeds in bright conditions (as in chunger's 1s waterfall exposure to get the silky flowing effect).

    A polariser is used to increase colour saturation and cut out reflections and glare (e.g from glass, watersurface, foliage).

Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 520252829303132 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •