Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Thread: getting a new cam

  1. #21

    Default Re: getting a new cam

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Hmm actually your 18-55 is very suited for that, unless you find the 18mm too tight and need to get a uwa.
    A UWA and prime best fits for his budget since he's GOT a budget

  2. #22

    Default Re: getting a new cam

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz View Post
    A UWA and prime best fits for his budget since he's GOT a budget
    Hmm TS seems like he's interested in a body more but yea, $1500 can get him a Tokina 11-16 and a 35mm f1.8. Would suggest 50mm f1.8 and 85mm f1.8 but he can't AF on his D3000.

  3. #23

    Default

    Thank to all of ur suggest. I think I will get a tool and try it out and do more research on it.

  4. #24

    Default Re: getting a new cam

    Quote Originally Posted by FantasyWill View Post
    Thank to all of ur suggest. I think I will get a tool and try it out and do more research on it.
    try renting equipments for a day. You'll know how it feels like on your existing camera and you can revise on what are the good and bad points at the end of the day.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86

    Hmm TS seems like he's interested in a body more but yea, $1500 can get him a Tokina 11-16 and a 35mm f1.8. Would suggest 50mm f1.8 and 85mm f1.8 but he can't AF on his D3000.
    Neither could the 11-16 tokina. The lens has no motor wor...
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  6. #26

    Default Re: getting a new cam

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    Neither could the 11-16 tokina. The lens has no motor wor...
    Oh... right... Thanks for the reminder, I forgot all the Tokina lenses have no motors.

  7. #27

    Default Re: getting a new cam

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    Neither could the 11-16 tokina. The lens has no motor wor...
    Maybe he can get the Sigma 10-20mm since budget is tight. and 35mm f1.8 for portraits/streets

  8. #28
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: getting a new cam

    TS, 1.5k budget? Buy the D90 kit. Then sell the D3000 kit for $500. Use the $500 to get a 50/1.8 and a 35/1.8.

  9. #29

    Default

    I think I will not buy a new wan 1st. Try some tools and get to know more about it 1st.

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz

    try renting equipments for a day. You'll know how it feels like on your existing camera and you can revise on what are the good and bad points at the end of the day.
    Renting equipment ? At where.?

  11. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FantasyWill

    Renting equipment ? At where.?
    Look in the mass sales section, there are a few rental services

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86

    Look in the mass sales section, there are a few rental services
    Commercial service. Camera rental. It's all there. Just to point you to a convenient place, opposite central (Clarke quay), shop houses, level 3
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  13. #33

    Default Re: getting a new cam

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    Commercial service. Camera rental. It's all there. Just to point you to a convenient place, opposite central (Clarke quay), shop houses, level 3
    Service there very good. Went there afew times.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz

    Service there very good. Went there afew times.
    Like J3:16 that does rental.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  15. #35

    Default Re: getting a new cam

    john 3:16 does rental?

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default Re: getting a new cam

    Quote Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
    john 3:16 does rental?
    No they dun of cos. But the service quality of those helpers inside the rental shop are of J3:16 calibre. Great services, patient, polite and friendly.

  17. #37

    Default Re: getting a new cam

    opps..

  18. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    628

    Default Re: getting a new cam

    D3000 is rather good already, considering how high-tech entry-levels are now compared to the D40 era. but if you insist on buying a new one, then maybe save up more and go for an amateur-level instead? Nikon gives some pretty low quality for entry-level bodies, though i heard it quite some time ago. plus you're still quite new now (considering you wanted the effects the D5100 gives). effects aren't anything much. your typical editing software like GIMP can do the job

  19. #39

    Default Re: getting a new cam

    Im selling my D300S ... PM me ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •