Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Has anyone ever shot at Anfield?

  1. #1

    Default Has anyone ever shot at Anfield?

    Alowed to bring telephoto in?
    What length? Or just forget it?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Has anyone ever shot at Anfield?

    Hi, I've been there but not watched a match (but did at both Old Trafford and City of Manchester Stadium ). I think will be good idea to bring along a wide-angle (outside stadium and general inside stadium shots). You can try the telephotos but unless you're sitting all the way to the front, you may be disappointed with the shot (when you're used to those newspaper-published ones). I opted for compacts on both match occasions, and I will continue to do the same. The crowd can be overwhelming, and if you're a foreign face, you may be a target of fun.
    Picture technologist
    Flickr Homepage

  3. #3

    Default

    Never been inside Anfield (should have booked the stadium tour before hand), but since it's smaller than Old Trafford (from what is seen from TV) so the shots could be slightly nearer than those taken at OT.

    Had no issues with 18-200mm at OT, so those range should be fine. I think the 400mm or 600mm might have issue?

    Anyway, u might too caught up with the game to be taking photos - I was. Then again, it was a 4-0 match against Aston Villa - got a lot of action in that match...

    Talking about this makes me wish for another visit..

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpc
    Never been inside Anfield (should have booked the stadium tour before hand), but since it's smaller than Old Trafford (from what is seen from TV) so the shots could be slightly nearer than those taken at OT.

    Had no issues with 18-200mm at OT, so those range should be fine. I think the 400mm or 600mm might have issue?

    Anyway, u might too caught up with the game to be taking photos - I was. Then again, it was a 4-0 match against Aston Villa - got a lot of action in that match...

    Talking about this makes me wish for another visit..
    Cool. Will heed ur advice. They don't prohibit 200mm lenses then, cool

  5. #5

    Default Re: Has anyone ever shot at Anfield?

    I'm english........you'd prob get in ok with an SLR but not a huge lens like the 70-200 2.8. 18-200 would prob be fine, it's just more about the size rather than the focal length (they wont study it).

    Bear in mind though that the view will differ massively depending on where you sit......also that you'll be surruonded by people and if you just sit there with an SLR taking photos you may block and piss off some people who go to just watch the match

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zurisnap
    I'm english........you'd prob get in ok with an SLR but not a huge lens like the 70-200 2.8. 18-200 would prob be fine, it's just more about the size rather than the focal length (they wont study it).

    Bear in mind though that the view will differ massively depending on where you sit......also that you'll be surruonded by people and if you just sit there with an SLR taking photos you may block and piss off some people who go to just watch the match
    Thanks! Just came back and had a blast. Pity I had to go with my 5d and not my 50d so at best I could reach up to about 1/3 of the field. I was on row 2!!!!! Great game!

  7. #7

    Default Re: Has anyone ever shot at Anfield?

    Quote Originally Posted by mengwei11 View Post
    Thanks! Just came back and had a blast. Pity I had to go with my 5d and not my 50d so at best I could reach up to about 1/3 of the field. I was on row 2!!!!! Great game!
    Glad to hear you had a good time there... Your 1/3 of the field was much better than mine! I was way up in the stands that I could only take "wide" view.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Has anyone ever shot at Anfield?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpc View Post
    Glad to hear you had a good time there... Your 1/3 of the field was much better than mine! I was way up in the stands that I could only take "wide" view.
    What about 75-300mm with 2x converter on row 3? Will that be sufficient to get a good view of the players faces?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default Re: Has anyone ever shot at Anfield?

    I have never been to Anfield but it's my lifelong dream to visit since I have supported Liverpool for 30+ years... My advise is this... just enjoy the match.. For photos, I will probably just take whatever is convenient as it's unlikely to have any shots that is really good (in terms of close up action).

  10. #10

    Default

    Actually I think my shots turned up pretty well. If only I knew how to post a photo, I'll share some. Ha ha. Suarez is awesome!

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohjialong

    What about 75-300mm with 2x converter on row 3? Will that be sufficient to get a good view of the players faces?
    I am not sure how you could attach the 2 x converter to a 75-300mm. It should give you greater close up than without if it is possible. As long as the surrounding light is sufficient, you should be able to get some face shot from row 3 without any issue.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpc

    I am not sure how you could attach the 2 x converter to a 75-300mm. It should give you greater close up than without if it is possible. As long as the surrounding light is sufficient, you should be able to get some face shot from row 3 without any issue.
    Thanks for the info

  13. #13

    Default Re: Has anyone ever shot at Anfield?

    i've had been to Anfield, Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford and Wembley (the new one) to watch matches. i used Fuji F30 and Powershot A70 at the matches, there were no issues.

    However, my fren went to Old Trafford with a bridge camera, a Sony H1, the security prevented him from bringing it into the stadium. But at Wembley, there wasnt any issue.

    Based on my experience, the main thing is to enjoy the atmosphere at the stadium. I think that it would best for your to bring a compact mega-zoom camera for your matches, 24mm end would be very useful. And ard 200-300mm (35mm equivalent) would be good enough for on the pitch pics like the following:



    Nikon D300

  14. #14

    Default Re: Has anyone ever shot at Anfield?

    just to add, this was what i could get with my Fuji F30 @ 75mm (35mm equivalent) at Anfield. I was sitted at Row M of the Paddock Enclosure.

    Nikon D300

  15. #15

    Default

    Sheesh tried to upload my pics thru my iPad, but can't seem to do it. Oh well.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Has anyone ever shot at Anfield?

    Wait, someone carrying Sony H1 got stopped - as in Sony DSC H1!?!?! Wow, that's weird. I got in with my DSLR without any issue! But then again, how did he bring it in? My cam was in my bag when I pass through the entrance. Went to the allocated seat, sit there, absorb the visual view from the seat, then started to take out my cam and then take some shots.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Has anyone ever shot at Anfield?



    Ok I'm still trying to see how to upload a picture. Hope you guys can see this.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Has anyone ever shot at Anfield?

    [IMG][/IMG]

  19. #19

    Default Re: Has anyone ever shot at Anfield?

    http://gallery.clubsnap.com/showphot...small/cat/500][img]http://gallery.clubsnap.com/data/500/thumbs/IMG_0701a-small.jpg

  20. #20

    Default Re: Has anyone ever shot at Anfield?

    ok i give up! the picture is super blur. Sorry for wasting the last 4 posts. Administrators, feel free to delete my last four posts. Uploading a picture is just too difficult. But it's prob cos I'm not the brightest in these things!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •