Thread: I did it again...picked up a stray...kitten this time...

Default I did it again...picked up a stray...kitten this time...

Anyone up for adopting this cute little dear? She's really sweet and has the most beautiful pair of clear blue eyes, which unfortunately, do not show up in the pictures below...was struggling to keep my dog away from her...

That's her tongue sticking out after lapping up some milk.

"Please bring me home. I'll be good, I promise. Home, please, home?"

It is really nice of you. Have you tried any pet forum? You might have better luck there? good luck.

cute little rascal. hope she's found a home now?

hahaha.... sooo adorable. thats very nice of u TRiShnDaisy...

The cat seems to be quite skinny. =)

Quote Originally Posted by jonlou
    thats very nice of u TRiShnDaisy...
    U prob want to take that back
    I couldn't find anyone to foster her in time so I had to release her back on the streets. I couldn't even sterilise her before that

Angry

That is so irresponsible. You took her away from her mother, then dump her. Now the little poor thing has to fend for herself, and have to face threats from other bigger cats. Somemore you own a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Yildun
    That is so irresponsible. You took her away from her mother, then dump her. Now the little poor thing has to fend for herself, and have to face threats from other bigger cats. Somemore you own a pet.
    Dear Yildun,

I concede, on hindsight, that I would probably have done better to just leave the kitten alone in the first place.
    I had only wanted to try to help but I guess it didn't work out with my limited resources.
    If there's any consolation, I returned her to the exact spot where I found her and watched her for some time to make sure she was ok before I left. For the record, she looked happy and was off exploring the premises almost immediately.
    As a matter of fact, I was in touch with the Cat Welfare Society and SPCA and deliberated for an entire night before acknowledging that I had no choice but to release her. You can still choose to think of me as being irresponsible but I guess the people who know me in the pet community know better.

Regards,
    TRiSh
    Last edited by TRiShnDaisy; 20th August 2004 at 11:12 AM.

i m sure if the mother was around, trish wouldn't take the kitten away. she was just being kind, took care of the kitten and considered finding a home for it. don't think that's irresponsible.

Quote Originally Posted by renegade
    i m sure if the mother was around, trish wouldn't take the kitten away. she was just being kind, took care of the kitten and considered finding a home for it. don't think that's irresponsible.
    It is often this first reaction of picking up cute animals, either from the streets or from a petshop, that resulted in all these problems. To me, that is an irresponsible action itself. A pet owner should have known better.

If I am an alien, pick you up from bed one night, spend two hours on my spaceship, then return you to bed without anyone knowing, do you not think that that is going to make a difference to your life? In that two hours, you would be forced to adapt to a new environment, not knowing what the future holds.

To the kitten, you are the alien.

It is often this first reaction of picking up cute animals, either from the streets or from a petshop, that resulted in all these problems. To me, that is an irresponsible action itself. A pet owner should have known better.

If I am an alien, pick you up from bed one night, spend two hours on my spaceship, then return you to bed without anyone knowing, do you not think that that is going to make a difference to your life? In that two hours, you would be forced to adapt to a new environment, not knowing what the future holds.

To the kitten, you are the alien.
    okie i rest my case. u win liao.

Daisy, why wouldnt u want to keep her (from the look, shd be a female cat)...she will be a nice friend to you for many years to come. Keep her lah