Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oxley Rise ban from taking photo?

Default Re: Oxley Rise ban from taking photo?

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    you should try the old bulldog security guard at the Ballas Center and Synnagouge at Waterloo Street
    experienced before le

Dont know about oxley rise.

I took this in public at holland village, in full view of our men in blue
    this & this

Nobody told me to put my camera down or no photography allowed....

Just outside coffee bean.

Quote Originally Posted by Royale With Cheese View Post
    Sometimes I get quite tickled when people reply "Read up such and such ... ... before you ask/do something something."

Also, why assume that Jews are sensitive to photographer because of wars in middle east? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacificslite View Post
    Sometimes I get quite tickled when people reply "Read up such and such ... ... before you ask/do something something."

Also, why assume that Jews are sensitive to photographer because of wars in middle east? ?
    Yup... After all, the biggest photography shops in the world are run by Jews.

So really, if that Ang Mo tells you to stop shooting and calls the guard on you, turn to the guard and say "Eh bro! Tell her to stop shouting! This is public road!"

If the guard nicely asks you to stop, then smile at him and nicely say "No".

If the lady gets mad, tell her to go home and build a big wall. You have every right to be there, and she has no right to stop you. Just don't take a picture of her house, that will just provoke her.

On a side note... I smell a great opportunity for a mass photo outing to Oxley Rise!!!
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Pacificslite View Post

lol!

ok, was about to type something but I think I'll keep my comments to myself.

lol!

ok, was about to type something but I think I'll keep my comments to myself.
    I actually typed a few paragraphs...but trim it down to 2 lines...hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post

So really, if that Ang Mo tells you to stop shooting and calls the guard on you, turn to the guard and say "Eh bro! Tell her to stop shouting! This is public road!"

If the lady gets mad, tell her to go home and build a big wall. You have every right to be there, and she has no right to stop you. Just don't take a picture of her house, that will just provoke her.

On a side note... I smell a great opportunity for a mass photo outing to Oxley Rise!!!
    So that there will be photographers taking photograhs of residents shouting at photographers taking photographs?

Sounds interesting...LET's DO it! )

Dont know about oxley rise.

I took this in public at holland village, in full view of our men in blue
    this & this

Nobody told me to put my camera down or no photography allowed....

Just outside coffee bean.

oooo ... someone i know in the 2nd pic.

Wha lau, first Hollang V, now Oxley R. I have the same experience in Sentosa Cove. Luckily i told the guard that my friend owned a few bungalows there, and I was upgraded to the High Class citizen, even I was wearing a T, and a short!

Wtf with the people living in this tiny red dot!
    This will be the problem with too many luxury apartments in the future.
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    Wtf with the people living in this tiny red dot!
    This will be the problem with too many luxury apartments in the future.
    A friend of mine was photographing block number sign outside his flat (HDB), half an hour later, a neighbourhood police knocking on his door because a neighbour call in the police to complain.

... I smell a great opportunity for a mass photo outing to Oxley Rise!!!
    Let's make it a Photographers No Pants Day and march to Oxley Rise to shoot!

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Let's make it a Photographers No Pants Day and march to Oxley Rise to shoot!
    Got female photog or not? Otherwise just count me out defend your own rights

wanted to ask something....but i think better not...
    Last edited by shiruikage; 7th April 2011 at 09:09 PM.
    おれのflickrださ

Quote Originally Posted by shiruikage View Post
    wanted to ask something....but i think better not...
    dun be shy, just ask

TS should be fortunate that the squad of Gurkhas stationed there didn't drag him to somewhere and start whopping him upside down.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

BTW, being on a public area still does not mean you can happily shoot into gazetted protected places.

Try holding a DSLR on the overhead bridge at Napier Road beside Gleneagles Hospital and see what will happen to you.

CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images
    BTW, being on a public area still does not mean you can happily shoot into gazetted protected places.

Try holding a DSLR on the overhead bridge at Napier Road beside Gleneagles Hospital and see what will happen to you.
    Instead of Gurkha, I'm guessing NSA or CIA agents will be doing the whooping instead ...

Arrow Re: Oxley Rise ban from taking photo?

This is Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post

that one is different, that one is clearly marked "no photography" (besides, we know those are protected places, british council, australian high comm, former police qtr, US embassy.. those are known places where photography is not allowed.. but oxley road? hhmm, i don't think so..
    - troubled undergrad -
    Olympus XA/Canon QL17 GIII flickr

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast