Page 91 of 197 FirstFirst ... 41668186899091929396101116141 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 3924

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

  1. #1801

    Default

    Sad to say but Chelsea is going to dominate the EPL with $$$.

  2. #1802
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venom81
    Sad to say but Chelsea is going to dominate the EPL with $$$.
    not forgetting with a brillant and young manager.

    well, we do have rafa!!! pretty young too.
    manutd have their sir...
    arsenal have their 'professor' who had gone bad.. hahaha

    all with a common trait and that is no $$ to spend!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  3. #1803
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    West Coast of sunny Singapore
    Posts
    1,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venom81
    Sad to say but Chelsea is going to dominate the EPL with $$$.
    you're right man... money does make the world go round.

    but it's kinda suicidal path to take. check out their player salaries... if abramovich ever leaves, they'll be another leeds.

  4. #1804
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,529

    Default

    Chelsea had a record loss of 88m. yet..it does not bother them at all..the club is at its most healthy financial status.

    and I am sure if we are willing to let go Gerrard and Arsenal to let go henry, Chelsea would have no problem to folk out another 50m..

    The only way Chelsea to be destroyed...only if a barrel of oil drop to USD20 from the current price of USD50.

  5. #1805
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    not forgetting with a brillant and young manager.
    I can't remember the number of times people have responded to "Chelski are buying the Premiership" with the response that they do have a great young manager too in Jose Mourinho which helps.

    Are we forgetting what got Mourinho there in the first place? A big fat paycheque and an even fatter blank chequebook to sign players with. That's all part of the buying their way to the Premiership thing.

    Would be a real laugh. I vote for Abramovich to leave in March, Chelsea to go into administration and be docked 10 points, and still seal the title by April

  6. #1806
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,911

    Default

    Also, their £77 million per year wage bill (!!!) means that by 20xx they will have more debt than the third world put together :P

  7. #1807
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    West Coast of sunny Singapore
    Posts
    1,439

    Default

    abram may have the dough now, but if he has a shady past and if it catches up to him, he'll be plucked out of there and chelsea will have to claw money from the sky, or pray for another russian billionare.

  8. #1808
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    West Coast of sunny Singapore
    Posts
    1,439

    Default

    anyway, pool's back to their winning ways again.

    i was telling my friend, it's only a temporary dip. the top teams will always spring back.

    and i'd predicted that they will win their carling cup match against watford, and i was right.

  9. #1809
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    i think roman made his millions and billions through steel and oil?

    wow... all that money! imagine the no. of D2X and AFS200-400 u can buy for ur players as win bonus!!
    hahaa!!

    never thought about their wage packets or should i say a huge liability in the near future. chelski can only fall by their own actions and seriousl.y i can't see them losing the title.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  10. #1810
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    Chelsea had a record loss of 88m. yet..it does not bother them at all..the club is at its most healthy financial status.

    and I am sure if we are willing to let go Gerrard and Arsenal to let go henry, Chelsea would have no problem to folk out another 50m..

    The only way Chelsea to be destroyed...only if a barrel of oil drop to USD20 from the current price of USD50.

    I don't think he cares if the oil price drop drastically and, even if it does, it is not going to bankrupt Chelsea. Afterall, he already has billions in his bank account and probably making the money work for him by investing in other things.

  11. #1811
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jed
    I can't remember the number of times people have responded to "Chelski are buying the Premiership" with the response that they do have a great young manager too in Jose Mourinho which helps.

    Are we forgetting what got Mourinho there in the first place? A big fat paycheque and an even fatter blank chequebook to sign players with. That's all part of the buying their way to the Premiership thing.
    Although I dun respect him (due to his attitude),I must admit that Mourinho is a great manager.

    He understudied Robson in Portugal and followed him to Bacerlona.

    I salute him to win CL and beat MU with Porto player...But it is nothing much special for him to win EPL and beat MU with Chelsea Player. Who does not expect them to win EPL after throwing more than 200m into the club by the boss.


    I don't think he cares if the oil price drop drastically and, even if it does, it is not going to bankrupt Chelsea. Afterall, he already has billions in his bank account and probably making the money work for him by investing in other things.
    Without the backup of the oil tycoon, Chelsea would have gone into administraion next year even if they win EPL and CL..Their wage bill and record loss is too much for the club to absorb. but 88m million loss is nuts.
    Abramovich could have drop that money when he search his pocket for the handkerchief.

  12. #1812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by obviousdude
    anyway, pool's back to their winning ways again.

    i was telling my friend, it's only a temporary dip. the top teams will always spring back.

    and i'd predicted that they will win their carling cup match against watford, and i was right.
    well... they haven't played any games since mickey mouse cup... (i think)
    so you can't say that yet...

  13. #1813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    not forgetting with a brillant and young manager.

    well, we do have rafa!!! pretty young too.
    manutd have their sir...
    arsenal have their 'professor' who had gone bad.. hahaha

    all with a common trait and that is no $$ to spend!!
    A good manager with no $ to spend is bad. Look at Keegan, he's a good manager. He produce results when he was at Newcastle, now at Man City the best result he got was winning Chelsea 1-0.

  14. #1814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    Although I dun respect him (due to his attitude),I must admit that Mourinho is a great manager.

    He understudied Robson in Portugal and followed him to Bacerlona.

    I salute him to win CL and beat MU with Porto player...But it is nothing much special for him to win EPL and beat MU with Chelsea Player. Who does not expect them to win EPL after throwing more than 200m into the club by the boss.

    Without the backup of the oil tycoon, Chelsea would have gone into administraion next year even if they win EPL and CL..Their wage bill and record loss is too much for the club to absorb. but 88m million loss is nuts.
    Abramovich could have drop that money when he search his pocket for the handkerchief.
    You give $200m to any other manager, he can also produce results.

  15. #1815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ibitemynails
    well... they haven't played any games since mickey mouse cup... (i think)
    so you can't say that yet...
    What you mean?

  16. #1816
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    .........
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom81
    A good manager with no $ to spend is bad. Look at Keegan, he's a good manager. He produce results when he was at Newcastle, now at Man City the best result he got was winning Chelsea 1-0.

  17. #1817

    Default

    Look at Keegan, only can win Chelsea 1-0. A very good win. Only team to beat Chelsea till now in EPL. But still..... they can lose to any clubs. If given $200m to Man City, they can be as good as Man Utd.

  18. #1818
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venom81
    Look at Keegan, only can win Chelsea 1-0. A very good win. Only team to beat Chelsea till now in EPL. But still..... they can lose to any clubs. If given $200m to Man City, they can be as good as Man Utd.
    Give Jurong FC $200M, they can also beat any club in the EPL. Chelsea is not going to be in financial probs in the near future. Although they made a loss, they did not owe any money to anyone. And with financial expert Peter Kenyon, they are in good hands. Just signed a new deal with adidas as kit sponsor.
    Last edited by afbug; 1st February 2005 at 02:36 AM.

  19. #1819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Give Jurong FC $200M, they can also beat any club in the EPL. Chelsea is not going to be in financial probs in the near future. Although they made a loss, they did not owe any money to anyone. And with financial expert Peter Kenyon, they are in good hands. Just signed a new deal with adidas as kit sponsor.
    Haha. Jurong FC with $200m. Can't imagine.... Kezman in Jurong jersey.
    You can own the S.League if you have S$1m.

  20. #1820
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Keegan is a bad example.... He's a seriel spender and underachiever.

    He's good at bringing the best out of players, esp those take needs to be pampered. However, most of his teams are built with LOTS of money. He's spent a british record of 15m pound on Shearer (most players costs less than 5m pounds) and bought Asprilla to Newcastle to strengthen the squad when they lead Man U by 10 points i think. Ended up, it affects the team and they ended 2nd to Man U.

    He spent loads of Al Fayed money in bringing fulham up from Div 2 by buying EPL players to play in DIv 2 and subsequently Div 1. In fact, when he get them into EPL, he changed the whole team again.

    He went to Man City and again spend a lot on players like Anelka, Fowler, Wanchope, Trevor Sinclair amongst others. All he achieved is occasionally winning against some top teams when his players like Anelka is in the mood....

    Hence, Keegen is definitely a spender and underachiever.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •