Page 9 of 197 FirstFirst ... 4789101114193459 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

Quote Originally Posted by zapline
    Mister Brian Clough has just passed away peacefully today at the age of 69.
    My condolences to his family. He will be missed by all...

http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/New...890586,00.html
    No wonder the english players are wearing black armbands in the man utd vs liverpool match.

Oooo they're leading 1 nil

John Oh'sh1t!

we'll come back stronger!!!

need to work on defending of set pieces!!

next round at Anfield...
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

abit unlucky to concede the second goal actually. But we were lucky with our goal as well. 2nd half's performance was way better. Hope Stevie G's injury isn't serious.

ya, agreed that the call for a corner that lead to the 2nd man utd goal was dubious. anyway, i remain hopeful! go LIVERPOOL!!

just hope that stevie will return to action very soon!!

The first half has to be worst half i have ever seen liverpool dish out. We were slower to every ball, less committed to the cause, couldnt keep ball, passing was poor, ball control was terrible, no movement....NO NOTHING! Everyone just looked half hearted.

ALthough the manure goals came from dubious decisions, but we cannot hide the fact that this shows there is still a looooooooong way to go for LFC. We made manure look good... grrrrr.

right on.

man utd were the hungrier side this morning. i thought that they played really well, which wasn't a huge surprise.

perhaps we really need alot more time to gel and to get things right.

as for the next game, GO LIVERPOOL GO!!!

i watched the first 40 minutes and decided to go to bed. terrible performance.

take the 1st goal for instance. before the corner kick was taken, 2 liverpool players started to move away from the man u ones and away from the goal (?). then as the ball comes in, all the liverpool players move towards the ball leaving silvestre alone to head the ball in. what is going on?

overall i thought liverpool were rather panicky when in posession. the players seem to be in a hurry to release the ball. more often that not the passes get intercepted by manu.

what a disappointment.

Agreed that Man Utd was the hungrier side this morning. Stevie G may be injured up to 2 months

I think that Kewell was crap. He has never reproduced the form he had when he was with Leeds. Fortunately, we did not spend a lot of money on him. I wish that Pool will sign Joaquin on the right and Duff on the left. What a prospect that will be. Drool Drool.

Our strikers and forwards do not look that sharp in front of goal though. A bit worrying. Thought wif Cisse that will change but looks the same. Always trying to play the long thru ball.

On the bright side, Josemi and Alonso (Xabi) were good and looks like they are adapting well to the EPL. We'll wait and see how this season unfolds for us. Keeping fingers crossed.

I think manure is hungry and also very lucky as both goals came from nothing as the freekick is not a freekick and the corner is deflected out of ryan giggs.

As for Gerard's injury, apparently it is the metarsaral (not sure of the spelling) bone (england's curse? beckham, rooney and now gerard!) and he will be out for 2 mths.

I thought rafael should have replaced kewell with baros and played garcia behind the front two this morning for the last 20mins. Nothing to lose anyway.

One thing i must say is Alonso and Josemi seems to be playing very well now. Not forgetting Finnan ( I think he will be a regular on the right wing) and Hamann when he came on.

As i mentioned in an earlier thread, we need central defenders. I am still not convince of Carragher as a CD but rather he play as as RB or LB as and when required. And Hypia seems to be 2 steps slower this season. I am pretty sure Hypia cannot recapture the form of 2 years ago when we won all the trophies

oh well, we didn't play well at all but it happens. man u is a good team and they had something to proof. wouldn't mind the loss but wished the team played better. anyway, early days and as long as the team shows spirit and plays positively, they'll never walk alone.
    sad that gerard is out but may be a good thing cos we are too dependent on him. gives biscan a chance to prove himself. kewell works hard but never showed the penetrative runs he made in the past. hope he picks up soon.

Next up Norwich. Hopefully we won't stumble, i would expect nothing less than a comprehensive victory over the canaries.

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit
    Next up Norwich. Hopefully we won't stumble, i would expect nothing less than a comprehensive victory over the canaries.
    Better not too optimistic as i think Norwich is definitely the best of the 3 promoted sides and Robert Green is one of the best young goalkeepers in the premiership.

However, if we play to our potential, Norwich shouldn't pose too much a problem.

And i agree that Kewell can play much better as he proved last season in glimpses. In fact, he was our no 2 or 3 scorer despite playing well for bits and pieces!

Keeping this thread going for my beloved LFC!

Is Norwich going to upset Liverpool without Gerard?

In previous game...during 2nd half...hamann and Alonso partnership seemed to be better than Gerrard and Alonso.

Of course we will miss the driving force Gerrard...take this opportunity for Alonso to settle down in midfield.

Benitez insist on zone defending...although we sucked and let Silveter scored twice from setpieces without any man marking on him ....

Nothing much to comment much on this...just hope that the current squad can pick up "zone defending" as soon as possible.

Indeed it is tiring for man-marking defending in EPL...the player move so fast and the game is running the whole 90minutes. And there is no way u can man mark henry the whole game... Most of the Italy team use zone defending and italy defenders are well known.

AC Milna adopting zone defending...yet they were CL Champion 2 seasons ago. Nothing wrong with the system...just see how fast can the player adapt the new tactics...

I never buy anything from Sharp brand. If Norwich upset Liverpool..I will sell my Gen 2 this Sunday although I just get it less than 1 month ago.

Ya. i think Hamann and Alonso combo is pretty good as Hamann is more defensive.

Sometimes when Gerard is playing, the rest of the team is just looking at him, willing him to create, score or pass. Alonso and Gerard is more similar and playing the two of them is a more attacking option.

however, the return of Rio Ferdinand of MU is really a threat to other super clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, n Liverpool,

simple rule, you don't deserve to win anything if you cannot beat the other teams at their best. we are not good enough yet but i do feel the team is getting better bit by bit. i do hope they can keep improving.
    as for zonal defence, a lot of continental teams use it. like any tactics, there are pluses and minuses about it. understanding is the key. defenders must know when to help one another out and midfielders need to help out too.
    it would be good for the team to learn more than one way to play. it's all about versatility. imagine being able to change tactics in mid-match, eg from zonal to man marking (switch to sweeper even), or attack through the middle or switch to raiding from the wings. this would throw the opponent off especially when the oposition is on the accendency.
    hope we can do well against the canaries

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se

I never buy anything from Sharp brand. If Norwich upset Liverpool..I will sell my Gen 2 this Sunday although I just get it less than 1 month ago.
    i wouldn't blame norwich for winning. that's what they need to do. if Liverpool didn't play well enough to beat them, it's the fault of LFC players, nothing to do with the canaries. Norwich City had been doing well and i hope they continue to do so. of course, i really hope LFC wins the match (comprehensively!) but that they do it by playing well, not because norwich played poorly.

No lah...I am just kidding. I dun own a Gen2.

u are right...I will like to see them win because they play good football rather than Norwich played poorly.

Unlike the match against MU...we played so badly..give away so many balls espcially Kewell, Riise had a hard time to cover him with the Ronaldo attack, that made MU look so much better.

Zone defending, be it to be man-mark defeding...both system are ok...even with sweeper...The player must understand and know how to adapt the new system..Howver, to let Silvertre not once, but twice to come in the box without any one marking him/ or to clear the ball, are not accepted..

hope Benitez rectify the problem...and teach the defender a good lesson about zone defending.

Playing at anfield this saturday ? I will go for a 2-0 this saturday match.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 24th September 2004 at 04:19 PM.

Page 9 of 197 FirstFirst ... 4789101114193459 ... LastLast