Page 8 of 197 FirstFirst ... 367891013183358 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

Quote Originally Posted by alechim
    There are always changes. So no pt looking at the past. If there are so many "IFs", and all can guess what and when these "IFs" comes, all will be a GOD already.So lets look forward whats there install for the new liverpool. I find there can all kinds of players for a team, yes they must be gd, but I find that the players must gel and play like a team in order to be a very gd team.

Just look at Arsenal, ever wonder who is petit?Viera?pires?Tore blah blah when they first arrives a Arsenal? It was Wenger who polish the stones into gem and look at how they were train to gel and play like a team. It was Wenger's theory of team work that make this unknown players into gems
    Yeah.. I agree. In any case, the 90s Liverpool team must be the Underachievers by the high liverpool standards.

I think the key is SYSTEM. Arsene has his system, so does Fergie. Houllier has too much changes each time he plays until all players are disguntled and blur already. I remember once the commentator was commenting he does not know who Houllier will put out each game. ala Claudio Ranieri!

Hopefully, Rafael will bring in his systems and make the players follow through... Come to think abt it, Houllier is very successful when he adopted a defensive, counter-attacking system (the year we won 5 thropies!) but he changed because of critism. Heck, as long as he wins, boring also can. Better not like Spurs, rather play attractive and lose!

Oh Ya, just to add on.

Arsene seems to prefer natural athletes so that they can hone their skills and also ahve the stamina and strength to play various position. One reason why arsenal is so strong is that they have such strong stamina right up to 90 mins.

agreed. just having the stamina to last the match is crucial. look at how often man u poached a goal at the death when the other team is tired out. same for arsenal, they move the ball around patiently and never tires.
    i'm not a houllier hater as i do respect him for some of his achievements with the team, though i hated that he made LFC into such a negative side. however, i always noticed that LFC players under houllier never really cultivated an understanding with one another. they never seemed able to anticipate each others' movements and always have to look up to see where everyone is. this disrupts the flow of the game and often allow the opposition to regroup. Rafa's team seemed to have much better understanding, particularly between gerrard, alonso and garcia. and the defenders are playing the ball more, rather than just getting rid of it like a hot potato as they used to.
    what we need now is an element of unpredictability, ie players that can do the unexpected to confound defences (eg henry, giggs, ronaldo). this is what makes a good team great. when the other teams shut their door, there must be someone who can find a way in. we never managed that in the past seasons.
    i'm just gonna go ahead and dream that LFC signs torres, joaquin and colocinni for the first team and dawson and routledge for the future
    just kiddinglah, what's important now is to build a team, not so much get individuals.
    just my opinion lar. sorry to be so long winded, just trying to find excuse not to do my homework

Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    agreed. just having the stamina to last the match is crucial. look at how often man u poached a goal at the death when the other team is tired out. same for arsenal, they move the ball around patiently and never tires.
    i'm not a houllier hater as i do respect him for some of his achievements with the team, though i hated that he made LFC into such a negative side. however, i always noticed that LFC players under houllier never really cultivated an understanding with one another. they never seemed able to anticipate each others' movements and always have to look up to see where everyone is. this disrupts the flow of the game and often allow the opposition to regroup. Rafa's team seemed to have much better understanding, particularly between gerrard, alonso and garcia. and the defenders are playing the ball more, rather than just getting rid of it like a hot potato as they used to.
    what we need now is an element of unpredictability, ie players that can do the unexpected to confound defences (eg henry, giggs, ronaldo). this is what makes a good team great. when the other teams shut their door, there must be someone who can find a way in. we never managed that in the past seasons.
    i'm just gonna go ahead and dream that LFC signs torres, joaquin and colocinni for the first team and dawson and routledge for the future
    just kiddinglah, what's important now is to build a team, not so much get individuals.
    just my opinion lar. sorry to be so long winded, just trying to find excuse not to do my homework
    Torres and joaquin i think is definitely out of reach as i don't think we have that kind of money! I guess Rafa has started relatively well and hopes it continues.

Big match tomorrow morning!

Quote Originally Posted by totofile
    Big match tomorrow morning!
    Yeah can't wait. Go POOL Go!!! Anyone else staying up to watch?

u wonder why so many people hate MU...read how arrogant/bad attitude they are...

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drill...40919-1115.htm

In fact..I can understand why they have such a move...they fear/envy us loh....

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    u wonder why so many people hate MU...read how arrogant/bad attitude they are...

Yeah they are morons. We'll just let our feet do the talking tomorrow.

Can't wait. another 14.5 hours to go.

Here we go! You'll Never Walk Alone! LFC GO GO GO!!!!

very shocking behaviour indeed. must they stoop so low as to resort to this?

now i would really love to see them fall flat on their faces.

2-0 to POOL!!!

Truly unsporting behaviour. No wonder they are called the devils.

But then again, i hope this fuels the liverpool fire!!

utd defence in chaos now... with rio playin his 1st match since dunno how many months... i think no difference also...pool must take advantage and win at old trafford... like how they perform against monaco in midweek... high work rate and good passing.. with cisse and baros scoring again.. their confidence must b high tonite.. to the KOPS here...

go LIVERPOOL!!! GO GO GO!!!!!!!

~~ STEVIE!! ~~
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Manchester United's official website, ManUtd.com, could be i n hot water after publishing a guide to abusing Liverpool's players and supporters in Spanish.
    Considering relations between the two sets of supporters is volatile at the best of times, police are thought to believe the decision to publish the article on an official website is particularly irresponsible.

The article appears on the club's official website under the section Fanzone and is billed as "Fanzone presents 'Spanish Scouse-Baiting' as Benitez's Hispanic Liverpool visit Old Trafford".

The article then goes on to explain the Spanish translations for some of the sickest chants directed at Liverpool supporters over the years - including "Build a bonfire, build a bonfire, put the Scousers on the top", "You find a dead rat and you think it's a treat, in your Liverpool slums" and "Feed the Scousers. Let them know it's Christmas time."

Alongside each English chant and Spanish translation is a picture of Rafael Benitez, Xabi Alonso, Luis Garcia and Josemi - implying that it is these four who should be targeted with abuse on Monday night.

While many Manchester United supporters have still not forgiven the club for removing the words 'Football Club' from their badge in 1998 (A decision made during Peter Kenyon's time at Old Trafford because they didn't want their 'brand' to be associated with football when it had become a leisure enterprise which could be linked tonon-footballing matters, such as clothing, media and even other sports such as baseball), articles such as the one that appears on the website today explaining how to abuse Liverpool's players in Spanish, are seen as an attempt to gain some credibility amongst die-hard fans who cringe when they see the likes of mascot Fred the Red
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

Actually, just to keep things in perspective, I was originally very shocked but upon reading further into the article, if it is just translations for existing chants, I don't see what the issue is. English speaking players get them all the time, and believe me, the Liverpool fans will get as good as they get. Well, generally, although off hand I can't think of many Manc abuse songs.

i guess it's just that such 'abuse' should not be posted 'officially'. oh well wadeva.

Prediction for the match later : manu 1-2 Liverpool

who's watching it later?????

GO LIVERPOOL!!! GO GO GO!!!!

ham-tum Man Utd!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

I know this is a Liverpool related thread, but I can't help myself but to post something I read on Soccernet. you will have to go back to the 80s to know who he is.

Brian Clough was never short of a word or two to say during and after his colourful career.

Here, we look at some of his memorable sayings.

On the importance of passing to feet: 'If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there.'

On the influx of foreign players in the British game: 'I can't even spell spaghetti never mind talk Italian. How could I tell an Italian to get the ball? He might grab mine.'

On the number of French players at Arsenal: 'I bet their dressing room will smell of garlic rather than liniment over the next few months'

On how he rated himself: 'I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one.'

Explaining his nickname: 'On occasions I have been big-headed. I think most people are when they get in the limelight. I call myself Big Head just to remind myself not to be.'

On Martin O'Neill: 'If he'd been English or Swedish, he'd have walked the England job.'

On the streaker who appeared during a Derby game against Manchester United: 'The Derby players have seen more of his balls than the one they're meant to be playing with.'

On dealing with Roy Keane: 'I only ever hit Roy the once. He got up so I couldn't have hit him very hard.'

On his drinking: 'Walk on water? I know most people out there will be saying that instead of walking on it, I should have taken more of it with my drinks. They are absolutely right.'

On dealing with a player who disagrees: 'We talk about it for 20 minutes and then we decide I was right.'

On not getting the England manager's job: 'I'm sure the England selectors thought if they took me on and gave me the job, I'd want to run the show. They were shrewd, because that's exactly what I would have done.'

On too many managers getting the sack: 'If a chairman sacks the manager he initially appointed, he should go as well.'

Referring to Sir Alex Ferguson's failure to win two successive European Cups: 'For all his horses, knighthoods and championships, he hasn't got two of what I've got. And I don't mean balls!'

On women's football: 'I like my women to be feminine, not sliding into tackles and covered in mud.'

On then England goalkeeper David Seaman: 'That Seaman is a handsome young man but he spends too much time looking in his mirror, rather than at the ball. You can't keep goal with hair like that.'

On the late Peter Taylor: 'I've missed him. He used to make me laugh. He was the best diffuser of a situation I have ever known. I hope he's all right.'

On Eric Cantona's infamous kung fu kick at a fan: 'I'd have cut his balls off.'

On how he would like to be remembered: 'I want no epitaphs of profound history and all that type of thing. I contributed - I would hope they would say that, and I would hope somebody liked me.'

some quotes r cool!!

Mister Brian Clough has just passed away peacefully today at the age of 69.
    My condolences to his family. He will be missed by all...

http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/New...890586,00.html

Page 8 of 197 FirstFirst ... 367891013183358 ... LastLast