Page 79 of 197 FirstFirst ... 2954697477787980818489104129 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 3924

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

  1. #1561

    Default

    btw, it's spelled abysmal?

  2. #1562
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    if it makes anyone feel better, a FULL STRENGHT man utd side had quite a struggle against exeter, a non league side before going through 2-0. our kids could have done better, of course, but let's not demean them by believing the task of beating burnley was an easy one.
    actually did liverpool really field a reserve team aka "kids"?

    isn't milan baros and mellor in the lineup? tat's a pretty strong strikeforce to me. even rafael insist he got the team selection correct.

    a loss is a loss. and ya.... even man U had to struggle. which is what makes soccer so interesting it would be very boring if everything was predictable.

    ps: i'm man U fan
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

  3. #1563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dawn
    actually did liverpool really field a reserve team aka "kids"?

    isn't milan baros and mellor in the lineup? tat's a pretty strong strikeforce to me. even rafael insist he got the team selection correct.

    a loss is a loss. and ya.... even man U had to struggle. which is what makes soccer so interesting it would be very boring if everything was predictable.

    ps: i'm man U fan
    ha ha. guess that much liao.

    no lah, i'm not saying that it justifies us getting knocked out. i for one, think it was a sucky result and even if other big teams had gotten knocked out, it would not have justified the loss.

    and no lah, i don't blame rafa. we have a very thin squad so we cannot field a first team all the time. if we had to lose a match, the 3rd round of the FA cups is probably the one to lose.

    but i simply mean that we cannot go around expecting to beat a team from lower division just because we are a premiership team, so we cannot really be too harsh on the youngsters... and yes, they are mostly kids. i would blame biscan though cos he was a senior and he just sucked! we had traore and dudek and hyypia starting but the rest were youngsters or fringe players like biscan. and baros and mellor did not start but was on the bence. and i'd hardly call mellor a senior. if we weren't so short on forwards, he would not have started as many matches as he did.

    the bunch we had would be equivalent of man u fielding chris eagles, john spector, kieran richardson etc with a few seniors like giggs and fortune to hold their hands.
    Last edited by giddygoat; 20th January 2005 at 08:13 PM.

  4. #1564
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbs99
    Pool getting new young keeper!! woot~! why doesnt arsenal get one?? *grumbles*

    New keeper for Liverpool

    yeah!!

    a cheer amid the gloom and doom!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  5. #1565
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    ha ha. i had always loved this quote.

    would agree with afbug in that we really need some width. riise is pretty good on the left and if kewell comes back to from, we should be fine on the left. but the right...nunez?garcia?finnan? none of them are good enough so far. and the defence....we seemed to have traded defences with your devils. it used to be that the man u defence will make at least one mistake every 90min. now it's us.......

    anyway, i think even " the devil mouth from hell" sir alex would have a hard time trying to stir rafa up even if he wanted to. rafa is a real pro and he seem to prefer to do his talking on the pitch.
    If Sir Alex trys to stir up rafa, you guys should be happy. Means that he feels that Liverpool is a threat to Man Utd.

    There is this winger call Fiore currently at Valencia. He was in the Lazio Serie A championship winning team. I think he is good. I dun think Riise can make it la. Kewell used to be world class at Leeds. Dunno what Houllier did to him, lost all his class. Switched defence? Haha. Maybe its just a blip la. Anyway pool's defence only screw up these 2 matches till now. Unlike Man Utd's.......cork up till Rio came back last Oct.

    Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    ha ha. guess that much liao.

    no lah, i'm not saying that it justifies us getting knocked out. i for one, think it was a sucky result and even if other big teams had gotten knocked out, it would not have justified the loss.

    and no lah, i don't blame rafa. we have a very thin squad so we cannot field a first team all the time. if we had to lose a match, the 3rd round of the FA cups is probably the one to lose.

    but i simply mean that we cannot go around expecting to beat a team from lower division just because we are a premiership team, so we cannot really be too harsh on the youngsters... and yes, they are mostly kids. i would blame biscan though cos he was a senior and he just sucked! we had traore and dudek and hyypia starting but the rest were youngsters or fringe players like biscan. and baros and mellor did not start but was on the bence. and i'd hardly call mellor a senior. if we weren't so short on forwards, he would not have started as many matches as he did.

    the bunch we had would be equivalent of man u fielding chris eagles, john spector, kieran richardson etc with a few seniors like giggs and fortune to hold their hands.
    Actually, its good that Liverpool got KOed of FA Cup. I say this not because I support Man Utd. This way, there is no FA cup to distract and strain tha squad. Liverpool had to concentrate on CL and get that all important 4th spot.
    Last edited by afbug; 21st January 2005 at 02:04 AM.

  6. #1566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    If Sir Alex trys to stir up rafa, you guys should be happy. Means that he feels that Liverpool is a threat to Man Utd.

    There is this winger call Fiore currently at Valencia. He was in the Lazio Serie A championship winning team. I think he is good. I dun think Riise can make it la. Kewell used to be world class at Leeds. Dunno what Houllier did to him, lost all his class. Switched defence? Haha. Maybe its just a blip la. Anyway pool's defence only screw up these 2 matches till now. Unlike Man Utd's.......cork up till Rio came back last Oct.



    Actually, its good that Liverpool got KOed of FA Cup. I say this not because I support Man Utd. This way, there is no FA cup to distract and strain tha squad. Liverpool had to concentrate on CL and get that all important 4th spot.
    but very sad don't you think??

    we are a top team.. yet our aim is 4th place!!!

  7. #1567
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ibitemynails
    but very sad don't you think??

    we are a top team.. yet our aim is 4th place!!!
    We are a top team too but as of now, 2 spot is our aim. Unless, unless Chelsea screw up. Its even sadder to think that they have 11 points lead over us. Its a massive 21 points ahead of Liverpool! But its good that we're only a point behind arse.

  8. #1568

    Default

    Traore, kelong king, he don't deserve any better from Liverpool supporters. If it is not this mistake, it's another type of mistake that leads to goals for the opposing team.

    Diao, gone. Goodstuff. Benitez must have lost his patience playing with 10 men whenever he plays.

    Josemi, crap as well. I don't remember any outstanding displays by him so far. Very poor in defence.

    Nunez, still early days. I don't see anything special about him, yet.

    Garcia, getting from bad to worse. Loves fancy football, which ultimately does not work. Goals vs attempts ratio is worse than Andy Cole. He should get a hair cut.

  9. #1569
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao
    Traore, kelong king, he don't deserve any better from Liverpool supporters. If it is not this mistake, it's another type of mistake that leads to goals for the opposing team.

    Diao, gone. Goodstuff. Benitez must have lost his patience playing with 10 men whenever he plays.

    Josemi, crap as well. I don't remember any outstanding displays by him so far. Very poor in defence.

    Nunez, still early days. I don't see anything special about him, yet.

    Garcia, getting from bad to worse. Loves fancy football, which ultimately does not work. Goals vs attempts ratio is worse than Andy Cole. He should get a hair cut.
    So that means out of the 5 Spanish players Benitaz signed, only 2 are good? Alonso and Morienties? Josemi and Nunez, i never heard of them. Cannot make it players i guess. Garcia, i've heard of. If i'm not wrong, he used to play for Barca. He is more of a playmaker, dun expect many goals for him. The goals should come from Morienties.

    Baros....i feel that he is a funny player. Cannot stop scoring for his national team but so-so for club only. Pity for Cisse and United's Ole, out for entire season.

  10. #1570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    We are a top team too but as of now, 2 spot is our aim. Unless, unless Chelsea screw up. Its even sadder to think that they have 11 points lead over us. Its a massive 21 points ahead of Liverpool! But its good that we're only a point behind arse.
    problem with man u is that they had always been slow starters. usually they can get away with dropping some points early on and catch up by winning everything later but lately arsenal and now chelsea seemed to be able to maintain their run. the devils had some bad luck with injuries too. van ninny is definitely missed, none of the other forwards have the killer instincts he does. if he had been around for more games, man utd may still be in the race.

    as for liverpool, i wouldn't be surprised if we end up way over 30 points below chelsea. i really think we have some rebuilding to do over the summer, the team needs some serious training and confidence building....
    c'mon reds!

  11. #1571

    Default

    baros scores more for czech republic cos he has nedved, poborsky and rosicky behind him. he's young and seem to be getting better.
    i feel liverpool just seemed to lack ideas when they play. depend too much on gerrard for inspiration. alonso was a good buy cos he gave us more creative options but him out for the season.
    as for josemi, he was cheap lah. rafa took a gamble on him but didn't come off. and nunez came with owen's deal. don't think got choice. as for garcia, he's a bit problem. don't really feel that he made an effort to fit into the team but just played the way he wanted to play. again, he's an average player for an average price. wish they could improve, but losing hope sometimes.

  12. #1572

    Default

    RB: TOP 4 IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN CUP GLORY
    http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drill...50120-1427.htm

    his answer makes a lot of sense. i really hope we can achieve the champions league spot and hopefully find him some funds to get some serious players next season.

  13. #1573

    Default

    Baros is good, no questions about that. I believe that there are those who do have doubts about him, but I have more doubts about the people around him i.e. his team mates at Liverpool who simply do not pass the ball to him. I have seen this in numerous matches recently, in excellent scoring positions, shouting and gesturing for the ball, but alas his team mates rather choose to go for glory themsleves.

  14. #1574
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao
    Baros is good, no questions about that. I believe that there are those who do have doubts about him, but I have more doubts about the people around him i.e. his team mates at Liverpool who simply do not pass the ball to him. I have seen this in numerous matches recently, in excellent scoring positions, shouting and gesturing for the ball, but alas his team mates rather choose to go for glory themsleves.

    u mean luis garcia?

    against man utd, there were a couple of chances which luis took instead of passing it over to a better positioned baros.

    yes, i was livid! hehe

    the next game will be better!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  15. #1575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    so glad to hear that! a new keeper would keep dudek and kirky on their toes. he lacks experience but i hope he can fit in well.
    as for the gunners, i thought they still have stuart taylor who was pretty good but just that wenger insist on fielding "lemon" and not give taylor a chance? will be glad to exchange dudek for van persie

    btw, i really like your avatar

    Yah...but duno why he's out on loan to Leicester city....geez...he was a promising u-21 player. Anyway...sorry for the Arsenal intrusion...(where's the Arsenal thread???) lol
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  16. #1576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    u mean luis garcia?

    against man utd, there were a couple of chances which luis took instead of passing it over to a better positioned baros.

    yes, i was livid! hehe

    the next game will be better!
    Mellor as well.

  17. #1577

    Default

    can i post something super off topic here?

    remember sometime back i mentioned my ex-bf who is a man-utd fan?

    sigh. i just met up with him and a couple of friends for dinner...

    *sigh*

    i miss the intimacy and the comfort and closeness of having someone...

    now i feel really really miserable.

    okie. i just needed to whine.

  18. #1578

    Default

    then get back to him lar .... tell him if Man Utd gets the champion, then u two will be together again ...

  19. #1579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by West_ray
    then get back to him lar .... tell him if Man Utd gets the champion, then u two will be together again ...
    firstly! he doesn't want to get back.
    2ndly, i don't want to get back.
    3rdly, i don't want man-utd to win championship.
    4thly, i just miss the closeness and comfort...

    maybe i am just whiny and miserable.
    forgive me pls.

  20. #1580

    Default

    oh manz !!!!! alamak ! u liverpool one ar ?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •