Page 77 of 197 FirstFirst ... 2752677275767778798287102127 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 3924

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

One word to sum up Pools' last night display.....................

PATHETIC!!!!

Midfield is goner........dun really see them providing any purposeful ball into the final third....Sigh.......worried.....

hai... liverpool fans ming4 zhen1 ku3
    have to put up with such performance time and again.

what to do...

Rafa had done an achievement that Houllier did not manage to do...to lose a Cup match to a Div II team.

Traore bad...Nunez bad...knowing that we are 1-0 down...still want to use elbow to be red-carded..

I am totally speechless.

I think this is one of our worst loss in FA cup.. i think we lost to a couple of Div 1 and EPL team in 3rd round but never a Div 2 team.

In any case, i did not watch the match. From the review, it seems like Traore was the man of the match before the unfortunate incident. I just have the mental image of him clearing the ball and back heel into goal... something he does quite often when defending as LB....

In any case, Liverpool's goal for the season will be Win the LC, at least guarantee a place in Europe, try our best to finish 4th by edging out Everton and Boro. Hope for the best in CL... yet to reach Semis for the past decade i think...

sigh...
    it takes a lot of faith to be a liverpool supporter...

Quote Originally Posted by ibitemynails
    sigh...
    it takes a lot of faith to be a liverpool supporter...
    and it takes a lot of blood to be a liverpool supporter...I have been vomitting blood since last Saturday....

another disappointment again..........

what to do? game already over, let's look forward for a better display in the next game lo

"It marked the first time United have won three years in a row at Anfield which, two decades earlier, would havemeant much more. They measure themselves against different rivals now. "

Something from mediawatch.... I cannot stand it!! So now Liverpool becomes so inferior to Man U? wah piangz....

I wish we can loan murphy from Chalton for 2 matches a year (against Man U) as we have lost all matches that he did not play....

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    "It marked the first time United have won three years in a row at Anfield which, two decades earlier, would havemeant much more. They measure themselves against different rivals now. "

Something from mediawatch.... I cannot stand it!! So now Liverpool becomes so inferior to Man U? wah piangz....

I wish we can loan murphy from Chalton for 2 matches a year (against Man U) as we have lost all matches that he did not play....
    haha..yeah. he is their ke xing while he's still playing for livepool

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32

erm... read that again.. it doesn't suggest that liverpool is inferior to united.

it simply states that this 3 in a row would have been more significant if it was achieved two decades ago. meaning the liverpool of that era is stronger than this one. the comparison is more between the liverpool teams of both era.

I hate to say this...but I have to admit that my hear beat bump up to 100 per minute whenever

1) we are defending a freekick and Kirkland is the keeper
    2) when a cross and a shot heading to dudek
    3) any left midfielder who has 2 legs play against Josemi as our RB..
    4) and traore...who had just scored the goal of the century for Liverpool..unfortunately it is a own goal. Everytime he touches the ball, my
    heart bump much faster , not because he shows exquisite skill but because i never where the ball will end up next ---- usually at the opponent's feet. And now, at our own net...

We are playing consistently...consistently a blunder of 2 every 2-3 matches.

After 23 EPL games, this season under Rafa, we won 11, drew 4 and lost 8. 37 points in total..We scored 36 goals and conceded 23. More an attacking game and more blunders that we ever seen in the last 5 years.

After the 1st EPL games last season under Houllier, we won 10, drew 6, lost 7. Scored 32 and conceded 24.. 36 points in total. Boring game but not much blunder.

The EPL results were not much different.

What is the Rafa achievement so far ...

1) being dumped out of FA Cup 3rd round by Div II team
    2) in League Cup semi final
    3) in CL quarterfinal
    4) more attacking game
    5) more entertaining fooball
    6) more heart breaking
    7) more joke on livepool from the blunder
    8) spend additional 30million
    9) slowly the squad would pick up spanish as their 2nd language
    10) he brings us "hope"...hope we could defeat MU and Everton next seaon after losing to them his season...

I tot we all agreed Rafa is a good manager that hopefully would bring us somemor joy and trophies...but so far when I look at the table, there is not any much improvement leh...

Give him time..agree...but we must make our self finishing top 4 to qualify to play CL next year. if not..we might face to lose Gerrard.

i thought that as Reds fans, we should really look on the bright side of life.

haha

most games, less for one, we lost by 1 goal margin. pretty impressive!

heheheeeeee

maybe next season we'll be better!!! turn those loss into draws!!!

go boys!

u'll never walk alone.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Too early to judge him, we were very much hampered by injury problems this season.
    Just look at the number of games we were without Gerrard and also our striker crisis.

Well.. the good news is that Diao has been loaned out!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    i thought that as Reds fans, we should really look on the bright side of life.
    i always do that
    Out of the FA Cup and the League title as good as gone but.. we still have the CL and League Cup to look forward to don't we? but wongse for sure won't be as optimistic

i think my 'bright side' is well over exposed by maybe 5 stops? hhahaha

com'on u Reds!!! let's chiong the Carling Cup and the CL and to top it off, get a top 4 placing!!!!!!!

let's go!! we've Southampton this saturday!!!!

Sigh.... Another defeat. And out of the FA cup

Let's hope Liverpool can do well for the other competition. Especially CL. It'll show all the Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger and Jose Murinho in the world that Liverpool is not to be looked down.

Go Liverpool Go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    most games, less for one, we lost by 1 goal margin. pretty impressive!
    look at last season after we had played for 23 EPL games,
    Aug-17 Liverpool 1*-*2 Chelsea
    Aug-24 Aston Villa 0*-*0 Liverpool
    Aug-27 Liverpool 0*-*0 Tottenham
    Aug-30 Everton 0*-*3 Liverpool
    Sep-13 Blackburn 1*-*3 Liverpool
    Sep-20 Liverpool 2*-*1 Leicester
    Sep-28 Charlton 3*-*2 Liverpool
    Oct-04 Liverpool 1*-*2 Arsenal
    Oct-18 Portsmouth 1*-*0 Liverpool
    Oct-25 Liverpool 3*-*1 Leeds
    Nov-02 Fulham 1*-*2 Liverpool
    Nov-09 Liverpool 1*-*2 Man Utd
    Nov-22 Middlesbrough 0*-*0 Liverpool
    Nov-30 Liverpool 3*-*1 Birmingham
    Dec-06 Newcastle 1*-*1 Liverpool
    Dec-13 Liverpool 1*-*2 Southampton
    Dec-26 Liverpool 3*-*1 Bolton
    Dec-28 Man City 2*-*2 Liverpool
    Jan-07 Chelsea 0*-*1 Liverpool
    Jan-10 Liverpool 1*-*0 Aston Villa
    Jan-17 Tottenham 2*-*1 Liverpool
    Jan-21 Wolverhampton 1*-*1 Liverpool
    Jan-31 Liverpool 0*-*0 Everton

All the matches where we lost, were also only by 1 goal margin. Why last season were not impressive but this season is ?

I am not mourning(yet) ...and I of course always look forward for a brighter side with Rafa as our new manger ...I always hope we can get better after being beaten.

SO far this season lots of us are fancied with the new signings, the manager quality & the attacking flow that we had not seen compared to last 2 years.

Although me like most of us here are excited with the attacking flow...and might have overlooked the table..and I wish to point out the "fact"...The fact is, the table showed that we are not improved compared to last season..(may be the answer is Yes, we are 1 point ahead after 23 EPL games).

Too early to judge him, we were very much hampered by injury problems this season
    Yes..i know...we should not judge him at this time..it is yet too early..a season is not yet finished...but I am also holding back all my applaud for him...

we still have the CL and League Cup to look forward to don't we? but wongse for sure won't be as optimistic
    No lah....I am sure we stand a very good chance to reach League Cup final...if we dun play traore for the return leg..

Once we proceed to final..both team stand a chance...whether we are playing chelsea or MU. Remember the 1st of the treble victory when we beat Birmingham marginally by penalty shoot out.. We were EPL team and Birmingham was Div I. but we did not dominate them..indeed it was a close match..

but for CL...Do u seriously/frankly believe we "stand a chance" ???
    I only hope we can reach quarterfinal..even if we can beat LiverCushion and proceed to next stage...the level would be more competative...we could not afford to have any individual error. Yet until now...we dun have a keeper we can really count on...

I again declare that I am not being "not optimistic"...I just want to be realistic.

This morning...my friends, who is MU fans, asking me why Liverpool fans still wearing the reds jersey. He said that actually not all liverpool fans wear the reds jersey...they wear white Tshirt...but after the match ...losing to MU and Everton and the blunder Traore and dudek ahd made...they all vomit blood like me until the white Shirt turn into red..

wa liao...I can't tahan at that moment, just discharged from hospital after throwing out 3 liter blood last saturday night.. And I vomit another 1 liter blood again. My business shirt turn into REds again...

the blood, however, had fired me to a more a Liverpool fans.

Go go go...go and wack the Soton buttock this week...
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 19th January 2005 at 05:13 PM.

i'm starving!! haha

go REDS!!!!

i hope we'll be able to produce something against the Saints!

Quote Originally Posted by obviousdude
    erm... read that again.. it doesn't suggest that liverpool is inferior to united.

it simply states that this 3 in a row would have been more significant if it was achieved two decades ago. meaning the liverpool of that era is stronger than this one. the comparison is more between the liverpool teams of both era.
    It does... as it mentioned that Man U measure themselves against other rivals.. ie. Real Madrid and AC Milan etc instead of Liverpool, who use to be the standard bearer or the team to beat..

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    I hate to say this...but I have to admit that my hear beat bump up to 100 per minute whenever

1) we are defending a freekick and Kirkland is the keeper
    2) when a cross and a shot heading to dudek
    3) any left midfielder who has 2 legs play against Josemi as our RB..
    4) and traore...who had just scored the goal of the century for Liverpool..unfortunately it is a own goal. Everytime he touches the ball, my
    heart bump much faster , not because he shows exquisite skill but because i never where the ball will end up next ---- usually at the opponent's feet. And now, at our own net...

We are playing consistently...consistently a blunder of 2 every 2-3 matches.

After 23 EPL games, this season under Rafa, we won 11, drew 4 and lost 8. 37 points in total..We scored 36 goals and conceded 23. More an attacking game and more blunders that we ever seen in the last 5 years.

After the 1st EPL games last season under Houllier, we won 10, drew 6, lost 7. Scored 32 and conceded 24.. 36 points in total. Boring game but not much blunder.

The EPL results were not much different.

What is the Rafa achievement so far ...

1) being dumped out of FA Cup 3rd round by Div II team
    2) in League Cup semi final
    3) in CL quarterfinal
    4) more attacking game
    5) more entertaining fooball
    6) more heart breaking
    7) more joke on livepool from the blunder
    8) spend additional 30million
    9) slowly the squad would pick up spanish as their 2nd language
    10) he brings us "hope"...hope we could defeat MU and Everton next seaon after losing to them his season...

I tot we all agreed Rafa is a good manager that hopefully would bring us somemor joy and trophies...but so far when I look at the table, there is not any much improvement leh...

Give him time..agree...but we must make our self finishing top 4 to qualify to play CL next year. if not..we might face to lose Gerrard.
    I beg to differ. Just looking at the table, you will know Rafa is doing a good job, not great but better than Hollier.

Despite the blunders, we are scoring more and conceding less.
    Also, we had 1 more point than last season.

All these may not seems much improvement but given that he has to work with new players, much more injuries, no strikers etc. I think he did well

Externally, last season, Arsenal is the runaway leader and chelsea and Man U only marginally better than us. this season, the top 3 is much stronger and it shows as they break away. Also, we have Boro, Spurs and Everton also player very well. Hence, i think it's a tougher competition than last year.