Page 62 of 197 FirstFirst ... 123752576061626364677287112 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 3924

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

it's nice to see heskey getting his confidence back. he was a pretty sad sight during his last days at liverpool. houllier made him a one trick pony (hold off defenders, knock ball down for owen) and he totally lost his goal sense after a bit. a striker who could no longer smell blood in front of goal is a sad thing. was a big fan of him during his leicester time and am glad to see him coming back.
    maybe rafa could have done justice to him had he not been sold but having said that, i would be glad to see him leave if houllier was still in charge because heskey was just becoming a bit of a liability under houllier, not that any of it was his fault. with him in the team, the entire team seemed to give in to temptation and just played a very one dimensional long ball game. as much as i value what houllier had done for the club, he ruined heskey as a striker.
    as for diouf, i don't doubt he had talent. but his attitude.... unless he grows up, i hope he never puts on the red jersey again. he's in some spitting row again! after just being suspended!

Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat

the only anti-liverpool fan i know is edwin yeo of TNP
    this edwin guy is 'Mr. L_for_Love'. there was one time when everyone would bet against his prediction and win(betting).

there's another ultra anti-Liverpool fan who is a sports journalist, Jeffrey Low. now he writes article for The NewPaper.

however, he seems to have mellowed down. anyway, with the predicament that Man Utd is in now, i don;t think that he can afford to be snobbish and arrogant. hehehe
    Last edited by Cheesecake; 6th January 2005 at 01:15 PM.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    I never dount Heskey is an asset player..U wonder why Heskey and Diouf werer not scoring goals during Houllier regime but both are banging goals now in Birmingham and Bolton respectively. I dun believe in the 1st and 2nd season, heskey was able to score goals then suddenly he lost all the sense...and still wondering why 2 times African National player could turn into a flop buy when come to Liverpool. it might (i said it "might") be the case when the manager asked heskey to only take the ball and let others to run into the box and do the supplying. or asked Diouf to stay wide...run down the ball into right flank and cross in as supply. We never know..But what I see now..both of them are scoring now..

And the most interesting part - Diouf scored more goals with bolton playing less than half a season than his days with LFC for 2 full seasons.
    As i have mentioned, I think Houllier bought diouf and he scored on his debut. Subsequently, diouf have to play second fiddle to Owen and play as winger or RM, which he did not adapt as Liverpool was playing 442 and not all out attacking 424. Similarly, Heskey's main role is to support Owen by knocking down high balls into Owen's path. If Heskey plays as lone striker and Owen as support, maybe liverpool will play better. Worse is Houllier asking Heskey to play as winger... A big player like heskey shoulkd be used to bulldoze opponent in the box!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    this edwin guy is 'Mr. L_for_Love'. there was one time when everyone would bet against his prediction and win(betting).

there's another ultra anti-Liverpool fan who is a sports journalist is Jeffrey Low. now he writes article for The NewPaper.

however, he seems to have mellowed down. anyway, with the predicament that Man Utd is in now, i don;t think that he can afford to be snobbish and arrogant. hehehe
    Jeffrey low is one that really supports Man U. I rem when he was with TNP, all his reports are skewed towards Man U. Worse, he always give exaggerated predictions. I rem when i was young, in World Cup 1990 i think, he predicted USA will lose to Italy by 10-0... What a joke! A lot of bookie lost money as they give up to 5 balls i recalled. I also made a tiny fortune out of it though!

there's another ultra anti-Liverpool fan who is a sports journalist, Jeffrey Low. now he writes article for The NewPaper.

i dun now who is Mr Edwin or Jeffrey Low...all I know Andy Gray is a Liverpool fan. Did u hear that commentary he gave when Mellor scored the winning against Arsenal and Gerrard goal against Olympiakos ??

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    As i have mentioned, I think Houllier bought diouf and he scored on his debut. Subsequently, diouf have to play second fiddle to Owen and play as winger or RM, which he did not adapt as Liverpool was playing 442 and not all out attacking 424. Similarly, Heskey's main role is to support Owen by knocking down high balls into Owen's path. If Heskey plays as lone striker and Owen as support, maybe liverpool will play better. Worse is Houllier asking Heskey to play as winger... A big player like heskey shoulkd be used to bulldoze opponent in the box!
    indeed I would love to see heskey parnet baros. As heskey the key man..who take on 2 defender to man mark him when there is a cross..That give ample room for baros to run into the box..

About rumours on signing Anelka, I dun really think we can be much benefited. And MU Keegan had again and again repeated that he will not let him go a cheap. Bear in mind that we are only given 5m to buy if we did not generate any from our sales.

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    i dun now who is Mr Edwin or Jeffrey Low...all I know Andy Gray is a Liverpool fan. Did u hear that commentary he gave when Mellor scored the winning against Arsenal and Gerrard goal against Olympiakos ??

indeed I would love to see heskey parnet baros. As heskey the key man..who take on 2 defender to man mark him when there is a cross..That give ample room for baros to run into the box..

About rumours on signing Anelka, I dun really think we can be much benefited. And MU Keegan had again and again repeated that he will not let him go a cheap. Bear in mind that we are only given 5m to buy if we did not generate any from our sales.
    I suspect we may be able to sign Anelka as Man City needs to pay 5m and we can take his wage off Man City. With all the injuries, i suspect the Board may give more funding to RAfa.

Also, Morientes may be a no-go as the new coach actually played him in the mini-mtach of 7 mins instead of Owen. It doesn't look good. Either the coach like him or fake to like him so that they can get more from Liverpool. I don't like it. I am afraid Liverpool is being used as a pawn to increase Morientes asking price.

Default Madrid Boss: I Don't Want To Help Our Rivals

New Real Madrid boss Wanderley Luxemburgo has insisted he doesn't want to sell Fernando Morientes to Liverpool.

Pls read here.

I suspect we may be able to sign Anelka as Man City needs to pay 5m and we can take his wage off Man City. With all the injuries, i suspect the Board may give more funding to RAfa.
    Man City still owe 5m. to buy Anelka.it will be have to be more than 5m..ie 8m or more.

Also, Morientes may be a no-go as the new coach actually played him in the mini-mtach of 7 mins instead of Owen.
    Read my post and the article I referred to. It is not "may be a no-go" but definately a no-go by the new coach. The brazilian purposely play Morentes and try to push up the price.

If I were Morentes and feel tulan about the situation. I would just go along with the contract....spend my summer vacation with LFC training camp..And walk to LFC on a free bosman transfer rule..IF there is a chance that LFC meet Real Madrid in CL final, I will head in an own goal while I was supposed to help Real to defend from Liverpool corner

Ya lor...as i said... he's prob trying to push up the price. Honestly, Real do not need Morientes when they have Raul, Ronaldo and Owen. They actually need to strengthen their defence (woodgate still hasn't play i think) or midfield (weakened by Makelele's departure).

On the bright side, at least he see Liverpool as a RIVEL!

Jeffrey low is one that really supports Man U. I rem when he was with TNP, all his reports are skewed towards Man U. Worse, he always give exaggerated predictions. I rem when i was young, in World Cup 1990 i think, he predicted USA will lose to Italy by 10-0... What a joke! A lot of bookie lost money as they give up to 5 balls i recalled. I also made a tiny fortune out of it though!
    there was one time when this Mr.L_for_Love Edwin keeps writing rubbish on Liverpool so much so that his life must be in danger. hehe

he was totally against us and totally absorbed in his mad writing and flaming that he must have received threats from true Reds fans. hehe it was during this time that i stopped buying TNP and just ignored them till i heard that Mr. L_for_Love has been taken out of the main sports writing column and given a smaller column to write in, of which i conveniently avoid and ignore nowadays. haha

Jeff Low is another writer whom i celebrated the very day he was moved out of TNP and back into the straits time. i don;t read his article anymore and skip all his on straits time too. he writes rubbish in a very poetic way. hehe

wang mengmeng is a Liverpool fan ah? well done!!!!

You'll Never Walk Alone!!!

there was one time when this Mr.L_for_Love Edwin keeps writing rubbish on Liverpool so much so that his life must be in danger. hehe

he was totally against us and totally absorbed in his mad writing and flaming that he must have received threats from true Reds fans. hehe it was during this time that i stopped buying TNP and just ignored them till i heard that Mr. L_for_Love has been taken out of the main sports writing column and given a smaller column to write in, of which i conveniently avoid and ignore nowadays. haha

Jeff Low is another writer whom i celebrated the very day he was moved out of TNP and back into the straits time. i don;t read his article anymore and skip all his on straits time too. he writes rubbish in a very poetic way. hehe

wang mengmeng is a Liverpool fan ah? well done!!!!

You'll Never Walk Alone!!!
    Hehe.. cheers for wang meng meng also!

btw,i think Tohari Paijan is a very good analyst...dun talk so much nonsense. I guess all the reporters are taught to SPICE things up...

i hope pelle can settle in. he's got plenty of top level experience and he can teach lads like whitbread and raven a thing or two. and his familiarity with rafa's style is a sure plus.
    also on liverpoolfc.tv : Rafael Benitez has revealed Igor Biscan will not be leaving Liverpool during the transfer window after pledging his committment to the Reds.

Rafael Benitez is confident new signing Mauricio Pellegrino will prove to be a valuable addition to the squad over the remainder of the season.
    Pellegrino has signed on a six month contract with the option for a further year and Benitez is well aware of the qualities the former Valencia man will bring to Anfield.

He said: "When you think of Mauricio Pellegrino you think of a winner. He has a lot of experience, he's won a lot of trophies and he has the right mentality for this team.

"He has signed for six months with the option of another year. We are happy with the deal and so is he.

"He has said he wants to come here, to play and to do the best he can. He is always thinking and talking about football and, as I said, he's a winner. I'm pleased we've signed him.

"People will say that he's not very quick and they are right, but in terms of tactical awareness he is one of the best.

"Signing him will mean I can now give Sami Hyypia and Jamie Carragher a rest from time to time. But even when he's not playing he'll be cheering the team on from the stands and in training he'll help the young players. That's the type of person he is."

Hehe.. cheers for wang meng meng also!

btw,i think Tohari Paijan is a very good analyst...dun talk so much nonsense. I guess all the reporters are taught to SPICE things up...

tohari is more logical and erm, more professional in his assessment and analysis as compared to some other rogue sports writers... keke

Wang MengMeng, Keep the FAITH in LIVERPOOL!!

oh, we face Man Utd next sat! and i thought its this weekend.

Biscan is seeing out this season! finally, Benitez is forced to take him back in! com'on Beni! give Diao to Everlose!!! help them slide down the league table!! hehe

Quote Originally Posted by totofile
    andy cole?
    no..no..no anti-goal please

buy sell buy sell...
    everyone seems so expensive...

Quote Originally Posted by kop
    no..no..no anti-goal please
    razor broke his legs

tonight tonight. seems like rafa playing youths...

anyone watching the match later? 330 against burnley..
    lets see how our yound chaps are turning out.
    Go pool!

will you be watching??
    it's quite late leh...
    what shall i do from now till then?? hmmm...

which channel is showing the match?