Page 60 of 197 FirstFirst ... 103550555859606162657085110 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 3924

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

hope to see more of biscan (if he stays), mellor and warnock as well as lads like partridge, welsh, potter and whitbread.

ya we really need backup for central defenders. talking about defenders, i'm really impressed by warnock. he's getting better and better each time he plays. i hope he can be given enough opportunities to prove himself and play him more often.

he's a good lad. can even play in midfield. just need to develop a killer shot and he can be another riise
    i'd hope we can make a late challenge for the title. i don't imagine we'd win it, but it'd be nice cos it would show we could put up a fight. an 18 point gap is just embarassing........
    and i hope and pray that steven gerrard stays

Sometimes we wonder...we played superbly against villa, get 1 point...outclassed Chelsea get nothing...play ok vs Soton, 1-0 clean sheet, play badly vs Norwich, 2-1 with 3 points.

Points to note

1) Lampard called Alonso at the night to apologize. I salute him as a great sportsman and there is seldom english player nowadays to be so gentleman. Rooney still has a long way to learn from Lampard. I forgave him now after breaking alonso ankle.

2) sell Biscan and keep playing Diao..I wonder what is wrong or there is secret relationship between Diao and Rafa. None of Diao performance so far in this season deserve him to be in the squad. in 1st half last night..there is several good passes Diao had made..but to Norwich player. Even u are bribed..u also would not make such a good pass so obvious to your opponent.
    Nonetheless, he did very ok in 2nd half..His 2nd half performance, tackle, winning ball ability is the best 45mins i seen him the best since he joined LFC. But I would still prefer Biscan rather than him...Me not racist..but that Diao really should have shown the way to the door. Pls go across the road to Goodison Park.

3) Gerrard, very obvious that he is tired.

4) Lucky that Finnan and Riise are both fit to play.

5) garcia still missing the linkage with others and give up lots of possesion with his fancy passing but seldom reach his mates.

6) nunze, as usual, did poorly..I believe Dudek crossing is so much than him. He misfire..kick air ball, crossing to nowhere consistently.

7) Lucky that josemi is in injury..when we bring own Traore...u can see that his error , failed to cover and blocked shot put all liverpool fans sweating from 88 min onwards.

8) Mellor failed to shine, although his big size sometimes help but he is not a complete striker. Sinama is very lively.

9) Dudek did ok..so far after stand in for injured Kirkland.

10) Most important, we played the relegation team. we had no excuse not to win it.. we played very bad..and it iwas lucky that Norwich had the determination but lack of the ability to put us to a draw. The match is not won by strong liverpool not due to weak Norwich.

Anybody know why Hamman is being booed ? me no idea.

I feel that Diao did ok in the 2nd half and everyone deserved a chance. When diao was playing with diouf (who happened to score when liverpool fails to score against Chelsea) in the Senegal and liverpool team, i think both of them played well.

I guess they were bought at too high a price by Houllier. Diouf, if i recall correctly scored on his debut, but he is more of a winger than striker and it took Houllier a while to play him as a winger. Diouf is a luxury item, kinda like Kanu when he plays for Arsenal. You can bring him on when the team is leading and he will keep the ball at the bylines for ages to frustrate the opponents. I feel that Diouf suffers after his 1st spitting incident as well as the constant jibes on his diving. In many instances, he's actually tripped but was ignored by referees.

Diao, probably did not play well as his buddy is gone. He can definitely play at DM but lacks the vision of Hamann. As mentioned by the commentators at the Chelsea match, i wonder if it's true that Hamann will leave. If he leaves, it will be difficult to find someone to replace him. I rate Hamann very highly as both he and Hyypia always seems to intercept everything that opposition threw at Liverpool. Honestly, without Hamann, Gerrard will probably not flourished!

As for strikers, Lius garcia is just too fancy. He does not retains the possession and tries too much. Sinama is quick but too small size and easily muscled out. Mellor prob has the most potential as he becomes more consistent. Mellor is the type of striker that reminds me of Fowler as he can be quiet the whole game but scored with his only chance. Of course, he needs to continue his devt.

Nunez is disappointing but we dun have much option. Playing Warnock on the right may be an option or bringing in some of the youngsters.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    I feel that Diao did ok in the 2nd half and everyone deserved a chance. When diao was playing with diouf (who happened to score when liverpool fails to score against Chelsea) in the Senegal and liverpool team, i think both of them played well.

I guess they were bought at too high a price by Houllier. Diouf, if i recall correctly scored on his debut, but he is more of a winger than striker and it took Houllier a while to play him as a winger. Diouf is a luxury item, kinda like Kanu when he plays for Arsenal. You can bring him on when the team is leading and he will keep the ball at the bylines for ages to frustrate the opponents. I feel that Diouf suffers after his 1st spitting incident as well as the constant jibes on his diving. In many instances, he's actually tripped but was ignored by referees.

Diao, probably did not play well as his buddy is gone. He can definitely play at DM but lacks the vision of Hamann. As mentioned by the commentators at the Chelsea match, i wonder if it's true that Hamann will leave. If he leaves, it will be difficult to find someone to replace him. I rate Hamann very highly as both he and Hyypia always seems to intercept everything that opposition threw at Liverpool. Honestly, without Hamann, Gerrard will probably not flourished!

As for strikers, Lius garcia is just too fancy. He does not retains the possession and tries too much. Sinama is quick but too small size and easily muscled out. Mellor prob has the most potential as he becomes more consistent. Mellor is the type of striker that reminds me of Fowler as he can be quiet the whole game but scored with his only chance. Of course, he needs to continue his devt.

Nunez is disappointing but we dun have much option. Playing Warnock on the right may be an option or bringing in some of the youngsters.
    Agree everyone deserve a chance. but I believe Diao had wasted too many chances we could afford..

Diouf..I always say he is ok player but he is bought at 4m. But lousy player at price tag 10m.

and I fully agree with u on your comment on Sinama, Mellor, Hamann and Garica.

About Nunez on yeasterday match, I dun see why we have no options. We can have

1) Gerrard partner Mellor/or Sinama unfront. Warnock, Hamann, Diao/Biscan, Garcia.
    2) Sinama and Mellor up front, Warnock, Gerrard, Hamann, Garcia.

Rafa fancy nunez...ok..he deserve a chance..we played him several matches. So far I am convienced that he is a below par/average player. Even Finnan crossing is much better than him

looks like liverpool gonna buy 33 year old pellegrino from valencia.

I dun mind 33...but he must be scottish..
    like maca brought us to CL and 3 cups.

We are no MU..can;t afford Heinz, but only a free old folk argentian.

Mauricio Pellegrino is free by Jan..We dun buy him since we dun pay a single cents to Valencia. Only pay for his weekly wages. I have no idea how good/bad he is..hope he is not another Josemi leaking goal.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 4th January 2005 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    I dun mind 33...but he must be scottish..
    like maca brought us to CL and 3 cups.

We are no MU..can;t afford Heinz, but only a free old folk argentian.

Mauricio Pellegrino is free by Jan..We dun buy him since we dun pay a single cents to Valencia. Only pay for his weekly wages. I have no idea how good/bad he is..hope he is not another Josemi leaking goal.
    don't know who is this guy leh, never follow spanish football leh. but his credentials look quite ok leh.

"Pellegrino joined Valencia before the 1999-2000 campaign and was at the heart of the Valencia defence, alongside Roberto Ayala, in the teams which finished runners-up in the Champions League in 2000 and 2001.

He has won two Primera Liga titles, as well as the UEFA Cup last season and a Super Cup."

he's a stop-gap player lah. very experienced and he knows rafa's style. and he was a part of the rock solid valencia defence from the past seasons. maybe not as fit as he used to be lor but potentially a good squad player.
    all in all, your typical no-nonsense type defender who has a good chance of slotting smoothly into the team and has played at the highest level....and he's FREE!! BUY! BUY! BUY!
    still, i would hope we can get some cash in time for next season. the current squad is a bit thin on real quality and though i would like to give them time to settle, the likes of garcia, nunez and josemi seemed, at best, to be average to good players. we need top-class players if we are gonna win things. and i wouldn't expect pellegrino to last beyond this or the next season too so we still need a good centre back to cover the loss of henchoz.
    would be absolutely delighted if we can get 2 top class players into the team this transfer window but realistically, i would just hope we could get at least one.
    c'mon team, let's claim that champions league spot for our own and give the top guns a run for their money.....
    Last edited by giddygoat; 4th January 2005 at 09:55 PM.

Default pellegrino

anyway, look at the face....he looks like the kind of guy you wouldn't wanna meet in a dark alley. at least he'll scare the hell out of the opponents
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlin...320934&cc=4716

SIGN SIGN SIGN!

hope to see more new faces!!

go LIVERPOOL gogogo!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

who's watching tonight's soccer match??

results update: chelsea and everton won their matches, arsenal and utd drew.

which means:

Chelsea 55
    Arsenal 48
    Man Utd 44
    Everton 43
    Liverpool 37
    Middlesbrough 35
    Tottenham 33
    Charlton 31

Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    the likes of garcia, nunez and josemi seemed, at best, to be average to good players.
    I would rate garcia as average player. Although he recently seems to be able to link up with his team mate however, his fancy flip and one touch passing go into opponent more than his own players.

nunez and josemi are below average player.

Star (Malaysia paper) every friday has about 20 pages on Football. Last Friday, they publish an article (from UK) about about the best buy and blunder buy of each club. Nunez and Josemi are nominated as blunder buy for Liverpool. But Josemi error had leaked more than 10 goals this season so far...so he won the award.

Although I never like Liverpool player to have injury, but I really hope this time he will be sidelined for a longer time..

with pellegrino's imminent arrival, can we see carra moving back to right back?
    Or is Pellegrino gonna be used on rotational basis? I have not seen Hyypia nor Carragher miss a single match for liverpool this season, maybe Rafa wants to rest them?

do not forget that this is the first season these Spanish players are plying their trade in the EPL.

however, i share the sentiments that their performances are below expectations but they should be really judged on during their second season, likewise with Benitez. =)

Liverpool is goin Spanish and i can't but feel that there'll be some bad signings ala Houllier's(Diao<--- 5million quid! comes to mind, so too do players like Diouf, cheyrou<---both 10million quid!)

nunez really leaves much to desire, getting injured before the start of the season... poor performance... oh man~~. did we really got him F.O.C from the Owen deal or is he part of the money package(which explains why Owen costs Real only 8million quid?)?

Josemi is not that much of a miss. i believe he'll improve next season. he looks fine for a 2million quid signing. he'll have to understand the language and to really coordinate well with the rest of the British and English speaking defenders in the team. otherwise, he'll always be the last man standing who'll ship goals to opposition.

Pellegrino is coming in, ok, all 33yrs old of him. where do we fit him in? Rightback? Centre back? he plays as a centre back for Valencia, din't he?

Morientes will cost a huge amount of money... now, if only we can convince Real that Diao is a GALACTICO in disguise... heh heh heh

this sat against Man Utd!!!!

see how we triumph among the odds!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    Josemi is not that much of a miss. i believe he'll improve next season. he looks fine for a 2million quid signing. he'll have to understand the language and to really coordinate well with the rest of the British and English speaking defenders in the team. otherwise, he'll always be the last man standing who'll ship goals to opposition.

Pellegrino is coming in, ok, all 33yrs old of him. where do we fit him in? Rightback? Centre back? he plays as a centre back for Valencia, din't he?
    My opinion on Josemi - if he tried his best..he fight with his entire heart and soul to defend..and he fail. Nevermind..I appreciate that. I love him to be in the squad. Jsut like 1996 when Carrager was not very good at that time...But I would love to have him..

What I see Josemi...failure to defend, lazy to push up and close the LM down, not so hard working to try to block shot and crossing like Carranger and Hencoz (i dun mind if he tried but failed, but there is no excuse for no effirt is shown), and the worst is that when he was caught, he only waved his hand and look at linesman.. and there is no chance for the flag to raise, he then started jogging. Yes, I use the word "jogging". He never speed up and run like Carrager and riise to chase the ball back..I dun mind if he tried to speed up and he is slow..But I damn angry at the way he did his jogging.

I can even see "fire" in Biscan , especially when we beat Mboro 2-0 in the Carling Cup..

Pellegrino - I would believe the best use for him will be a back up/rotation between Hyypia and Carrager. There will be a chance that for both of them being tired/injured/and suspended...Pellegrino will be back up.

We are out of Josemi..Finnan was sub out and we have to play Diao on RB...that is even worse. IF we have another CB (pls no Traore, he is fine with LB), he can play alongside Hyypia and move Carrager to play RB..Is that a better option ??

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se

I can even see "fire" in Biscan , especially when we beat Mboro 2-0 in the Carling Cup..

y alongside Hyypia and move Carrager to play RB..Is that a better option ??
    agree with u on the views abt Josemi. i just keep my fingers crossed that he'll buck up and jusitfy his 2million quid tag.

pellegrino for sure has a role to play. maybe benitez wants him to play as a sweeper. haha or a libero!!
    most prob as a substitute or a centreback and shift carragher to right back.

talking abt EeeeeeeGor.... where's he now?? did he offended benitez? i can;t believe that Diao keeps getting selected ahead of EeeeeeeeGor!!
    diao must be a witchdoctor!!!! hohoho