Page 58 of 197 FirstFirst ... 83348535657585960636883108 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 3924

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

Quote Originally Posted by dextorian
    No offence Wong, but if I am FAS, I will try to stop Star Sports from telecasting this game "live" too. Singapore is a small nation and the National Stadium is within, maximum, 60 minutes from any part of the island. If I want the whole nation to come down and support the national team, then why telecast it LIVE?? Makes no sense right? Then the stadium will be empty. IF you are a soccer player, does it feel good to play in an empty stadium?

However, if the match is played in somewhere like KL, which is far away, the FAS and the local media did their part to telecast it LIVE. Now, I think this is very sensible on their part since they cannot expect many Singaporeans to travel up to support the team.

As for the pitch condition, I agree with you that we need to do something about it. I think the FAS are considering laying artifical grass since this "grass" has been endorsed by some big premiership clubs. Let's hope they do it soon.
    yup, the pitch was horrendous...

i think epl is facing the same problem.

because of live telecasts, supporters are preferring to stay home and watch multiple matches back to back than to travel and watch one match only..

is it true thAT Liverpool is signing both Morientes and Anelka?

wow!! then can we drop Anelka? jus take Morientes... hehe

Beattie chose to go to Everlose for 6million quid! man... Everlose are really loaded. 6million quid on one player!!! we struggle to even come up with 5million and we r still being held to ransom by Real! haha!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    is it true thAT Liverpool is signing both Morientes and Anelka?

wow!! then can we drop Anelka? jus take Morientes... hehe

Beattie chose to go to Everlose for 6million quid! man... Everlose are really loaded. 6million quid on one player!!! we struggle to even come up with 5million and we r still being held to ransom by Real! haha!
    everton sold rooney for 28mil!

Quote Originally Posted by ibitemynails
    everton sold rooney for 28mil!

ya... i tot most of it were used to settle their debts... keke

6million quid on beattie! southampton made a good deal... hohoho

for 6million quid u can get heskey too! anelka too! maybe Aimar too! '

maybe for the 6million quid, u can get the yellow cards of rooney for collection. hahaha

why don't we declare when we started supporting Liverpool?

For me, it was the FA Cup Semi Final between Nottingham Forest and Liverpool in 1988 that started in all!!

My all time favourite is JOHN BARNES!!!!!
    Me... prob when i was about 5? around 1980 i think. I was watching Liverpool vs Everton those days way before man u and arsenal start winning the league. In fact, in those days, man city is actually the better team of manchester (if you ask people in manchester, they are mostly MC supporters!). Nottingham is quite strong then also if i could recall...

All time fav is prob Fowler, Rush and Barnes in that order.

No offence Wong, but if I am FAS, I will try to stop Star Sports from telecasting this game "live" too. Singapore is a small nation and the National Stadium is within, maximum, 60 minutes from any part of the island. If I want the whole nation to come down and support the national team, then why telecast it LIVE?? Makes no sense right? Then the stadium will be empty. IF you are a soccer player, does it feel good to play in an empty stadium?

However, if the match is played in somewhere like KL, which is far away, the FAS and the local media did their part to telecast it LIVE. Now, I think this is very sensible on their part since they cannot expect many Singaporeans to travel up to support the team.

As for the pitch condition, I agree with you that we need to do something about it. I think the FAS are considering laying artifical grass since this "grass" has been endorsed by some big premiership clubs. Let's hope they do it soon.
    I disagree. Singapore is not far but not everyone can go and watch the match live or can afford to. (it costs $10 for adult and $6 for children, so it's not cheap!) Also, the stadium, which is in pretty bad shape with an ok pitch cannot possible sit 4m singaporean. In fact, it will do well to sit 60k.

It's sad to see the match not shown live on tv this days but this is nothing new. Rem the days when channel 5 show english premier league every sat and italian league on sundays as well as NBA matches (Delayed but played that early morning). It seems that having cable tv relieved channel 5 of all sorts of national duties to promote sports as before. Of course, you can argue that the ratings will not be good since ESPN is also showing it but really, if they show it live, i would certainly choose to watch it on Channel 5 rather than ESPN as channel 5 needs to recoup the costs thru advertisers (which depends on no. of viewers)

just exchanging opinion...no offence at all. unless personal attack or insult on liverpool players/staff and LFC.

Live-telecast is also for those who would like to see the match but can;t go. ie...aging old folk at 70 years old Lion fans...and my ah mah at 68, for those who are working on duty at that time..for those who watch the Star Sports with his wife but a baby to take care off....there are many people who would like to watch the game but really could not go to the stadium. The telecast is for the NATIONAL rather than 60k in Kallang Stadium.

The field is not even considered as "not up to standard"..it is the one of the worst that I have ever seen...from a developed country.

Although some EPL team home ground is not very good...but Old Wembley or Cardiff city had never turn into such a shape.

Default Liverpool 0 - Chelsea 1

really no mood to post the usual comments after each match as I normally did. after the match, I even told my wife not to talk to me and let me alone for the whole night although it was meant to be a New year.

1) Luck is not with us...Godamn it.
    2) Referee is Dig head.
    3) Lost alonso so early in the match, made Gerrard to drop back a bit..he then had a less role in supporting Signama
    4) Carrager deflection remind me he scored 2 for MU back to 1997.
    5) Rafa tactics worked out really well (for 10 men, pls also look at my next point) It explored a hole and keep Riise attacking from the left.
    6) Riise + Traore really keep Duff quiet..and Rubben did not have a good game

7) Most important factor and I think Rafa made this wrong..When u play alone Striker...this striker is expected to be man marked by at least 2 central defender.. Gallas + Terry. They are good. Terry is really good.

We play mostly long ball..and how could u expect the size of signama can compete with 2 CD and manage to get the pass ??

We attack from midfield...pass the ball to signama...but he seldom really take it nor could not manage to handle the pass..due to the challenge from Gallas and Terry. then we are back again to defend.

Although Signama is on form (scored 2 goals in last 2 matches) but I would definately play mellor rather than signama in this match..as a target man.

We dominated the game chelsa and aston but why we did not win it ?

Football is about scoring..we are lack of quality striker on that day to win the game for us.. We miss baros.

It's Sinama actually. Florent Sinama-Pongolle.

Soton are interested in Biscan & Henchoz. Should throw in Diao for free as part of the package.

i think mike riley should be hanged naked in the podium at Takashimaya.

his refereeing standard has been erratic and i can't help but feel he has a secret and hidden agenda against us. haha

<--- mike riley

chelsea had alittle bit of luck on their side...

if that shot wasn't deflected, it'd likely have ended as a draw.

Diao is in the starting eleven tonight..... liao liao lah.......

J Dudek, S Finnan, J Carragher, S Hyypia, J Riise, A Nunez, S Diao, S Gerrard, S Warnock, S Luis Garcia, N Mellor
    Subs: D Hamann, D Traore, F Sinama Pongolle, D Raven, P Harrison

i see DIAO!!!!

hey.. anyone can help me by keeping me in touch with the results?
    i need to go out for a while...
    yet i can't stand not knowing how the match is progressing....

no goals at half time

Quote Originally Posted by laugh
    i see DIAO!!!!
    hee... i also sianz half the moment i saw him

not a great match. liverpool better by a bit but not convicingly so. and DIAO??!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ibitemynails
    hey.. anyone can help me by keeping me in touch with the results?
    i need to go out for a while...
    yet i can't stand not knowing how the match is progressing....
    aiyah. i didn't go in the end.
    didn't want to leave the telly!