Page 57 of 197 FirstFirst ... 73247525556575859626782107 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 3924

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

result??? Eeerrrr I think it is 4-2 tonight after extra time. Not sure how many singapore scored in total because the drama is more interesting than the goals. After 3 sending offs, how much longer you think Myammar can hold out? They even have a reserve keeper sent off for throwing a water bottle which hit Subramani. Drama man!!!!
    Last edited by dextorian; 2nd January 2005 at 10:27 PM.

8-5

Quote Originally Posted by ibitemynails
    huh? espn/starsports shows this kind of show?
    what is the results??

huh??
    so violent?!!
    wah... throwing water bottle?!!

Not throw oni.... threw and hit subramani on the head and beat the daylights out of him. Very violent match!!! More like a boxing ring than a playing field!!

3-2 singapore to singapore in extra time. crazy game. thought it was all over when i saw myanmar leading 2-0.
    not all liverpool fans started supporting them during the 70s and 80s. i only started supporting liverpool in the 90s. when liverpool last won the league in 89-90, i hadn't even started watching soccer yet. i really hope i can see them do it again in my lifetime....
    was drawn to LFC by God himself (Fowler lah). Will always remember his magic goal against Villa in the semi-finals of the FA (or League?) Cup. Barnes, Rush, Fowler, McManaman all in one team. what's not to love?
    ibitemynails: hope you recover from your "injury" soon

later got repeat at 10.30 on channel 5

i still have to go back to school tomorrow...

didn't manage to "bargain" an MC, and don't want to miss the first day of school.

well...

norwich game tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by dextorian
    why don't we declare when we started supporting Liverpool?

For me, it was the FA Cup Semi Final between Nottingham Forest and Liverpool in 1988 that started in all!!

My all time favourite is JOHN BARNES!!!!!
    wa... i still remember Barnes when he was so slim and tearing down the left wing!!!

from then on, England has never seen another left winger as classy as he nor as skilful as he is.

My all time favourite Liverpool player has to be Robbie Fowler!!! Ian Rush too... not forgetting Neil Ruddock(he broke Andy Cole's legs! not one ok, but two! haha)

my most memorable Liverpool game was an old game against the Red Devils of which the game ended 3-3 draw at Anfield.

the Red Devils were 3-0 up before half time. Bruce Grobelaar made some unbelievable mistakes in the game(he was subsequently investigated some years later for a suspected involvement in 'fixing' this game). it was sheer hell. Liverpool was managed by GRAME SOUNESS and it was horrible.

i bet the boys were whipped by Grame at the half time interval.

the second half sees The Reds come out fighting, with a dramatic goal scored by Nigel Clough, out of nothing at all.

then out of a melee, Nigel Clough added a second, stunning Peter SHE-IS-MICHAEL( haha). the camera zoomed to Fergie and u can see his nose getting redder and his heavily blushed face 'glowing' with fire.

the Reds were getting stronger and Bruce Grobelaar is still rubbish at the back, causing a few unbelievable drama.

in the last few mins, a corner was awarded to Liverpool and Neil Ruddock nods home an fierce header!! 3-3!!! woohooo!

this game caused the legendary distrust and fiery exchanges between Peter SHE-IS-MICHAEL and Sir Alex. Peter revealed later that he almost quit Man Utd after this game of which Fergie shoved all the blame to him.

Liverpool finished 7th that season(i think). the next season sees Roy Evans being promoted to manager of Liverpool. and the rise and rise of Robbie Fowler.

hehe!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

i just saw the singapore myanmar match...
    it was hilarious...!!
    it almost ended up as a free for all...
    the person i pity most - the poor referee...

too bad didn't have the chance to watch the game...*sigh*
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

Quote Originally Posted by akane
    Liverpool fans - those who started to watch football during the 70-80s
    Manure fans - those grew up in the 90s when media starting to play a big part in football

Wrong... i started supporting Utd in 1985/1986...... When Liverpool was doing fantastically well. So don't generalise.

Quote Originally Posted by NitroTech
    Wrong... i started supporting Utd in 1985/1986...... When Liverpool was doing fantastically well. So don't generalise.
    utd?

anyway, don't get so defensive. he was just stating an opinion...

utd?

anyway, don't get so defensive. he was just stating an opinion...

No la, not defensive... Just letting him know he is wrong. Then what about those who support Arsenal? Those who started watching soccer in 2000? Bollocks right?

Quote Originally Posted by NitroTech
    No la, not defensive... Just letting him know he is wrong. Then what about those who support Arsenal? Those who started watching soccer in 2000? Bollocks right?
    read my first post of this page.

Aiya, whatever it is, at the end of the day, we are die hard Liverpool and Singapore fans. Nothing else. Lets hope the boys will hold their heads high up and knock the daylights out of Norwich!!!!

By the way, read from the Liverpool website yesterday that Rafa is interested in getting both Morenties and Anelka to boost the strikeforce!!! Wow..... then if Aimar and his fellow defender (don't remember his name) also come.... I tell you..... ten chelsea teams also cannot beat us!!!!

So there is hope after all!!! Lets hope Liverpool end up in the top four at the end of this season!!!

Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    3-2 singapore to singapore in extra time. crazy game. thought it was all over when i saw myanmar leading 2-0.
    I have no interest about Asian Soccer....But since the match is round the corner..this is my humble opinion.

To produce the quality ..u have to serve with the basic facilities.

Singapore is the 1st nation to declare for their targeted date to play in World Cup..yet a developed country having not much better than 3rd world country soccer field.

And the match is not even lived telecast in Singapore. Malaysia NTV7 has nothing to do with Myanmar vs Singapore...shown it on live.

me really wonder the effort of the govi on promoting 2010.

norwich vs pools 8.45pm tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    I have no interest about Asian Soccer....But since the match is round the corner..this is my humble opinion.

To produce the quality ..u have to serve with the basic facilities.

Singapore is the 1st nation to declare for their targeted date to play in World Cup..yet a developed country having not much better than 3rd world country soccer field.

And the match is not even lived telecast in Singapore. Malaysia NTV7 has nothing to do with Myanmar vs Singapore...shown it on live.

me really wonder the effort of the govi on promoting 2010.
    No offence Wong, but if I am FAS, I will try to stop Star Sports from telecasting this game "live" too. Singapore is a small nation and the National Stadium is within, maximum, 60 minutes from any part of the island. If I want the whole nation to come down and support the national team, then why telecast it LIVE?? Makes no sense right? Then the stadium will be empty. IF you are a soccer player, does it feel good to play in an empty stadium?

However, if the match is played in somewhere like KL, which is far away, the FAS and the local media did their part to telecast it LIVE. Now, I think this is very sensible on their part since they cannot expect many Singaporeans to travel up to support the team.

As for the pitch condition, I agree with you that we need to do something about it. I think the FAS are considering laying artifical grass since this "grass" has been endorsed by some big premiership clubs. Let's hope they do it soon.

norwich vs pools 8.45pm tonight!
    I thought you said you have to go to school?? Why are you still home with your computer??

cos school starts at 11 today.
    lecturer cancelled the first class of the day.
    which is ggggggooooood!