Page 48 of 197 FirstFirst ... 233843464748495053587398 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

I do suspect Aimar will sign for liverpool as Hamann may head back to Germany at end of season. I believe he has yet to sign a new contract and is keen to go back.

As for Strikers... it was rumoured that 4 teams bid for Morientes and several clubs bid for Beattie. I think liverpool is likely to face competition to get a striker with EVerton (cash rich now), Villa (have to pay up as they struggle to score) and prob Man City (if they let Anelka go).

OT a bit, my greatest fear when pools play well for a few consecutive games is that the next few games, they will play really horrendously...

but, do you think the immediate concern should be forwards or 'keeper?

as Hamann may head back to Germany at end of season
    I dun think Rafa want him to leave , nor I dun think Hamann want to leave as well. Unless Rafa could find a better replacement for DM. Rafa always fancy 4-4-1-1...if we are playing away...he may even consider 4-5-1..with 4-5-1 formation.. we need a defensive midfielder to protect the back 4. Besides Hamann , Gerrard is the only person in the squad that can play up to standard DM. Biscan is ok...to play this role...but only for reserve and league cup. he is not up to the standard that he can read the attack flow and intercept.

btw..if u were hamann..do u want to leave LFC now ? anyway....we are a raising team wat ...

Quote Originally Posted by ibitemynails
    but, do you think the immediate concern should be forwards or 'keeper?
    so far..this season..Dudek did us good and Kirkland had a few mistake that cost us at least 5 points, and not to mention that we also lost to Everton.

Stick with Dudek I dun see there is much problem..

And I had highlighted here previously...at least 50% of our goal conceded from the right flank attack. Josemi is too slow to play for EPL.

Ideally we would have a CB. To back up Carranger and Hyypia. And if RB is injured (like now, both Josemi and Finnan are out), Carrager can play RB and the new signings CB would partner Hyypia.

Worth to mention that the zone defending that was leaking goal earlier this season seems to work fine now. it is new method and I believe all of Liverpool defenders had not played under zone defending before..and Liverpool is only team in EPL to adopt this system..

Having only Baros, mellor and signama are definately not sufficient..if u play 4-4-2, u need at least 4 strikers. Imagina we are still in EPL, CL, league cup and fa cup. And Pls dun tell me Rafa gonna play garcia and kewell as striker again.

The stats speaks all,

Kewell - scored 1 goal this season, 4-5 assist on goal while playing as LM. but scored none and assist on goal kosong while playing as striker.

Garcia - scored 1 goal this season (against Soton, 3-4 assist on goal while playing as RM. but scored none and assist on goal kosong while playing as supporting striker.

I would still believe another striker is a must , at least for this remaining season. No need a high profile and young strikers. because when Cisse is back...then we would have a headache to play all 3 of them , not to forget we have to play mellor and Signama a chance to prove themselves.

I thought Hamann just reiterated his desire to stay in Liverpool?

A striker is of paramount interest to Beni now. Come to think of it, Beattie aint that bad an option (at least he is english and used to the premiership). But he wont come cheap as well.. probably about 6-7 million pounds?
    Mellor, Sinama and Baros cannot hold the fort for the entire season, and no point buying an average player to patch the gap left by Cisse (and owen). We need a good striker.

We need a midfielder with flair and creativity. This would add to options in the middle of the park instead of (over)relying on Gerrard. Garcia has shown flair but he is not performing up to expectations. We need someone who will always ask for the ball and looking for that final ball through. Someone who can draw the ooohs and the aaahs from the Kop. Someone who will make us proud wearing his name on our backs.

Josemi has proven himself to be left wanting in the furious paced premiership. Finnan I believe should be able to reclaim that position.

And please.. get rid of Diao. Play Biscan if you must.

Just my humble opinions...

Aimar and Morientes for Liverpool anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    I dun think Rafa want him to leave , nor I dun think Hamann want to leave as well. Unless Rafa could find a better replacement for DM. Rafa always fancy 4-4-1-1...if we are playing away...he may even consider 4-5-1..with 4-5-1 formation.. we need a defensive midfielder to protect the back 4. Besides Hamann , Gerrard is the only person in the squad that can play up to standard DM. Biscan is ok...to play this role...but only for reserve and league cup. he is not up to the standard that he can read the attack flow and intercept.

btw..if u were hamann..do u want to leave LFC now ? anyway....we are a raising team wat ...
    Well... according to some reports some time back, Hamann intends to go back to Germany and play for Bayern. Yes, Liverpool is a rising team but it will at least take us 3-4 years before we challenge for the title and CL. You look ard the premiership and you see Arsenal has a very young squad, Man U have Christian Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney, Chelsea also have a good young squad like Glen Johnson, Terry, Cole and even Lampard.

Even now, i not very confident we can beat these few teams 3-4 years down the road. So, even if we are rising, others are rising as well!

However, Hamann, being 31 i think, will probably think that playing in Bayern can win him a couple of German title, ensure he still in National team, play every season in CL.

Hence, i think there's every chance he will go back to Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by laugh
    I thought Hamann just reiterated his desire to stay in Liverpool?

A striker is of paramount interest to Beni now. Come to think of it, Beattie aint that bad an option (at least he is english and used to the premiership). But he wont come cheap as well.. probably about 6-7 million pounds?
    Mellor, Sinama and Baros cannot hold the fort for the entire season, and no point buying an average player to patch the gap left by Cisse (and owen). We need a good striker.

We need a midfielder with flair and creativity. This would add to options in the middle of the park instead of (over)relying on Gerrard. Garcia has shown flair but he is not performing up to expectations. We need someone who will always ask for the ball and looking for that final ball through. Someone who can draw the ooohs and the aaahs from the Kop. Someone who will make us proud wearing his name on our backs.

Josemi has proven himself to be left wanting in the furious paced premiership. Finnan I believe should be able to reclaim that position.

And please.. get rid of Diao. Play Biscan if you must.

Just my humble opinions...

Aimar and Morientes for Liverpool anyone?
    I fully support Aimar and Morientes for liverpool. However, i feel that an english forward like Beattie could be the best option as he's strong enough to play upfront alone and is strong in the air (our main weakness). I can see him emulate Alan Shearer's career in Blackburn and Newcastle as long as he has the will to do it. In fact, he's younger than Shearer when Shearer starts to attract Blackburn's attention. Morientes may not be up to the tough ENglish game. You see he actually played best in European matches and in the French league with Monaco, not exactly as tough as the english league.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    I fully support Aimar and Morientes for liverpool. However, i feel that an english forward like Beattie could be the best option as he's strong enough to play upfront alone and is strong in the air (our main weakness). I can see him emulate Alan Shearer's career in Blackburn and Newcastle as long as he has the will to do it. In fact, he's younger than Shearer when Shearer starts to attract Blackburn's attention. Morientes may not be up to the tough ENglish game. You see he actually played best in European matches and in the French league with Monaco, not exactly as tough as the english league.
    I fully support to buy Aimar..but I am against to break the bank to get the player we need.

Beattie..quite ok but not good. U are right..after heskey..we are weak in the air. Baros would not do a header rather he prefer the acrobatic over-head bicycle kick.

Again.. I believe that if a player is not good enough to play for his country..he should not be good enough to play for liverpool.

Man U have Christian Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney,
    hahahaaa...dare u mention about Rooney !!! cost MU 25m and so far score 4 goals for MU...

btw..LFC is the 1st EPL club to approach Ronaldo...But they were asking too much . Houllier was the manager by then.

What gap ?? baros is the top scorer for Euro 2004 where owen did play his part. Goal ratio = Baros 5 , Owen 1. What is the gap that Owen had left that baros can't fill in ??

Baros Golden boot for Euro 2004.
    Cisee, 3 consecutive years in League One..
    Are not they good ??

May be if u write "We need another good striker"..then I can accept..
    but we need a good striker...that is a bit insult to Baros and Cisse.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 29th December 2004 at 04:43 PM.

Brother.. gap as in short of one player... not a technical or tactical gap.
    Baros can more than fit the bill.

true? saw this one the media watch section on liverpoolfc.tv. i would believe the second one involving scott carson but aimar? what about morientes i wonder? did benitez strike toto?

On Valencia's official supporters site this news has appeared: Late on Monday evening, a formal offer for Pablo Aimar from Liverpool FC has arrived at Valencia's office in order to sign the player in January 2005.
    This has been confirmed by Valencia official, Agustin Morera. "The offer made by the team coached by Rafa Benitez is formal and firm, and is very much near the 12M Euro mark."

In the next hours, there will be an urgent meeting of the Valencia CF board to speak about this matter, the continuity of Aimar depends exclusively to Ranieri who if guaranteed a similar substitute, Aimar could be leaving Valencia in a matter of hours.
    Liverpool have made an official bid of £250,000 for Leeds England Under-21 international goalkeeper Scott Carson.
    Rafa Benitez wants the highly rated youngster to sign in January as back-up to Jerzy Dudek and Chris Kirkland.

Carson is out of contract in the summer at Elland Road but the cash strapped Yorkshire club are sure to value the 19-year-old higher.

If their bid is accepted Liverpool will increase their fee depending on the number of appearances Carson makes at Anfield.

Aston Villa and Wigan are also trying to snap up the youth international who has become one of the most sought after young keepers in England.

Strike Toto? Rafa?? You mean he has the same hobby as Michael Owen?

Maybe Rafa visits Clubsnap's Buy/Sell Column too often. He's got the BUY BUY BUY!!! disease....!!!!????

Anyway, I really hope Liverpool knock the daylights out of Chelsea this Saturday. I had been dreaming of Chelsea being relegated ever since that Roman $$$ spinner bought over Chelsea!!!

YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE!!!!

hahahaaa...dare u mention about Rooney !!! cost MU 25m and so far score 4 goals for MU...
    Before you laugh, if he score 4 goals only and can win the European young player of the year, then he must really be something. Ronaldo came in 2nd and Reyes 3rd. 2 are and a gunner.

No offence guys but this is what you get for playing around with a potential millionair invester. Instead of having 70M injected, now only 5M to spend. 5M for Aimar and Morenties? Only possible in CM. Maybe in future, there will be more investers.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Before you laugh, if he score 4 goals only and can win the European young player of the year, then he must really be something. Ronaldo came in 2nd and Reyes 3rd. 2 are and a gunner.

No offence guys but this is what you get for playing around with a potential millionair invester. Instead of having 70M injected, now only 5M to spend. 5M for Aimar and Morenties? Only possible in CM. Maybe in future, there will be more investers.
    Are u a MU fans here or Evertonian ??

Football is a team sport...it is not important what personal award that u had earned...but how much u contribute and help the team to progress.

So far what i could see...Owen named as European PLayer of the year..he helped Liverpool to win 3 cups.

Baros Golden Boot Euro 2004..his 5 goals made Rep of Czech to be finalist. and out holland into ashame.

How much did Rooney contribute to the team to significantly progress ? Yes..u are right...he must be something..When he played for Everton..Everton was struggling to battle for relegation. The immediate season he had left...Everton is seating top 3 in EPL.. He must be "something".

yes...we are not as rich club as MU.. we only have limited funds to spend. That's why we could only manage bought baros for less than 5 million and he was Golden boot Euro 2004. Baca came in to bid him for more than 10m but he did not want to leave. Whereas MU is rich to afford a 8m write off of Forlan, albiet I must admit that his only contribution was to beat Liverpool 2-0. 4m a goal...I am sure MU can afford that..

yes, we have 5 million to spend only..and u would suggest us to buy a CM ? May be we can buy another Harry Kewell for 5.5m. Too bad that we could not afford to buy an Argentinian midfielder for 28m and play him mostly on the bench for EPL matches and sold for 18m.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 30th December 2004 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dextorian
    Maybe Rafa visits Clubsnap's Buy/Sell Column too often. He's got the BUY BUY BUY!!! disease....!!!!????

Anyway, I really hope Liverpool knock the daylights out of Chelsea this Saturday.
    hahaaha..yes...Rafa kena buy buy buy syndrome.

read my prediction that I posted earlier..we are without a RB, Finnan is injured. IF Rafa played Diao as RB and prefer Traore as LB rather than Riise...I would definatley believe that we would had lost the game. Both Diao and Traore have no way to jaga Rubben and Duff.

I am happy to settle for a point.

If Diao play right back, i think got high chance he will be sent off in the game against chelsea.

Finnan, please recover.

Rooney is far from a finished article but his potential is there. Give him some time and he will be deadly with his strength.

As for carson, i think it just strengthen my belief that Kirkland will prob never be england no. 1 or maybe even Liverpool no.1 as he never seems to fulfil his potential.

I think Robert Green will be the next england no. 1 after James and Robinson.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    Rooney is far from a finished article but his potential is there. Give him some time and he will be deadly with his strength.
    u may buy a finished article for 30m, ie 18m for Van Nilsterooy..but u dun buy a potential player for 30m, unless u have too much money to spend..

anyway, it is not my interest to discuss non Liverpool player in Liverpool forum.. Although I on and off quote and refer to some other players that I admire their style of play..ie..Henry, the Brazilian Ronaldo...or Liverpool potential target ie Morentes.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Before you laugh, if he score 4 goals only and can win the European young player of the year, then he must really be something.
    But if u are particularly interested about Rooney..we can have a chat here. So far the latest significant ontribution he had done to MU.. was his diving to have a penalty to beat Arsenal. Did he scored any important goal since then ?

And his latest news (dated 29-Dec-04) is being banned by FA for 3 matches.

Not to forget that he is also a frequent prostitution client and he had been consistently going back to the same prostitue that cost only around GBP350 per service. He is such a cheap skate and addicited to prostitution...The best is that he is "smart" enough to tell that to his finacee....

Shame on u..Youth European player of the year ?? Puiih ..he is a "potential" good footballer (not yet a finished article) and but his behaviour totally disgracad and not a sports man at all..

What Lineker did...Rooney had not managed to do so..What Rooney like to do...ie diving, cheating, attacking but with the hand on other players face, pick up yellow/red card as often as singapaorean eat chicken rice, visit prostitution more often than playing EPL match in a week and made it known to public, throwing the black arm band for the rememberance of the death of other respected english footballer, .............Lineker rarely did.

There must be something special about him...
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 30th December 2004 at 10:59 AM.

Rooney is a sad story in the making. Moving to manchester may have caused his downfall. Humility and keeping his feet firmly on the ground is what is needed, but moving to old trafford will hardly help him achieve that.

Fergie has to stand by him, after splashing out so much to acquire his services, which indirectly shows that the club condones his petulance. Fergie just loves the fire he breathes into a game.

We all admire the impetuous, efferverscent talent of Rooney, but before he grows up, we will continue to love to hate this boy.

before i state my stand, we must remember that rooney is only 18 (i think).
    i don't particularly fancy rooney.
    maybe i feel that he's somehow too big for the boots he was given.
    yah, perhaps he has skills, but his personal life leaves much to be desired.
    and i think he has (undesirable) attitude on the pitch and is not much of a team player.
    but then again, he's still young.
    he'll probably grow out of it.. (i hope)

though i must add, even though i am a liverpool supporter, my favourite player is giggs. =)

Quote Originally Posted by ibitemynails
    though i must add, even though i am a liverpool supporter, my favourite player is giggs. =)
    what if MU play against Liverpool..pls dun tell me that u wish Gigg to score against us..

what if MU play against Liverpool..pls dun tell me that u wish Gigg to score against us..
    of course liverpool win lah!!!
    but i just like giggs... =)
    like him since i was a wee young lassie.