Page 47 of 197 FirstFirst ... 223742454647484952577297 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

Bring on Chelsea man!! It would really be a Happy New Year if we can beat Chelsea.

good morning...oh..is afternoon to all supporters! hee... just wake up only haha...

from the liverpoolfc.tv mediawatch section. i think it's probably fluff but would be nice if it happens. he's one of my favourite players and i'd love seeing him in a red shirt although i'd think we'd need a forward more, or even another defensive midfielder and a centre back if we could afford it. would probably classify this under the "dream on" category.

Claudio Ranieri insists he wants to keep Pablo Aimar, after Liverpool enquired about his availability.
    The Argentine star was signed by Reds boss Rafael Benitez during his time with Los Ches.

Now it is understood that Benitez would like to sign Aimar once again.

Aimar is not considered a certain starter for Valencia, having made several appearances from the bench already this season and he becoming increasingly unsettled.

The Argentine is an undoubted talent and like so many before him, and no doubt many who will follow, was heralded as the new 'Diego Maradona' upon his arrival in Europe.

He has not fulfilled his full potential so far, but he is still regarded as one of the most dangerous players in the world.

Aimar would no doubt relish the chance to link-up with Benitez at Anfield, but even the interest in the Argentine would lead to suggestions about the future of some of Benitez's current squad - particularly captain Steven Gerrard.

However, Ranieri has issued a swift rebuttal of the rumours - insisting he wants Aimar to stay.

"Aimar he is a very important player for us and I do not believe that their desire is to leave Valencia," said Ranieri.

Aimar's representatives, including Gustavo Mascardi, are planning a visit to Valencia to meet with the club's president Juan Bautista Soler.

It is thought that if no assurances are given that Aimar will feature more prominently in starting XI, then the player will look for a summer move.

Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    from the liverpoolfc.tv mediawatch section. i think it's probably fluff but would be nice if it happens. he's one of my favourite players and i'd love seeing him in a red shirt although i'd think we'd need a forward more, or even another defensive midfielder and a centre back if we could afford it. would probably classify this under the "dream on" category.

i remembered him scoring against us(i think it was him, or, he made the goal via a good defence splitting pass) while he was playing for Valencia.

the final score was 2-0 and we were completely outclassed at Anfield against a Valencia side which includes Vincente, Rafete(?) and that big Norwegian striker(forgotten his name).

i think it was a Champions' League match.

oh, i dun recall who the gaffer of Valencia was back then. its quite some time back and my knowledge of the Spanish la liga is as deep as my understanding of aXb=c. haha!

oh, to add, i think Aimar's a very good player. i hope we don't have to succumb to the threat of the Real Kuniangs...
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    i remembered him scoring against us(i think it was him, or, he made the goal via a good defence splitting pass) while he was playing for Valencia.

the final score was 2-0 and we were completely outclassed at Anfield against a Valencia side which includes Vincente, Rafete(?) and that big Norwegian striker(forgotten his name).

i think it was a Champions' League match.

oh, i dun recall who the gaffer of Valencia was back then. its quite some time back and my knowledge of the Spanish la liga is as deep as my understanding of aXb=c. haha!

oh, to add, i think Aimar's a very good player. i hope we don't have to succumb to the threat of the Real Kuniangs...
    big Norwegian striker(forgotten his name) = John Carew
    gaffer of Valencia was back then = Rafael Benitaz

Pablo Aimar, very good playmaker. Young too. From argie....wait scully like juan veronica... Flip flop!

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    big Norwegian striker(forgotten his name) = John Carew
    gaffer of Valencia was back then = Rafael Benitaz

Pablo Aimar, very good playmaker. Young too. From argie....wait scully like juan veronica... Flip flop!

yaaa

i knew it was Rafa. hahaha
    but i find it odd that not one single Liverpool news or article referred to THAT game and Rafa's part in it.

heh heh!

let's wait and see!! buy Aimar!! GIVE Diao F.O.C or sell him off to Chelski for 10million quid!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    Seriously, I would love to see Aimar playing for Liverpool. Who does not want his quality as one of the most promising and creative midfielder ? His contribution to Argentina national as par as Ronaldihno o brazil.

When Rafa came from Valencia to Liverpool..me and my friends had been talking about when Rafa would bring Aimar to Liverpool as well ?

it is great to see him wearing Red shirt ...then we would most probably play 4-4-1-1 for the remaining season. We are still short of striker.

And the question is ..we have 5 mil to spend only . How to buy Aimar ??

may be we can bundle 5m + Diao + Diouf ???

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    And the question is ..we have 5 mil to spend only . How to buy Aimar ??

may be we can bundle 5m + Diao + Diouf ???
    Hee...involving Diao in the deal would only make the deal look smaller and miserable. He is such a liability to the team.

wah, i think you have to pay valencia to take diao.

check this out guys!
    wohoo!
    Aimar for Anfield?

that would be a dream come true! but what about the money.....don't see us affording him. and do we have space for him? we'd probably play 4-4-1-1 again with aimar behind baros. didn't work too well for us so far but maybe with aimar providing a bit of class, it could work. he's a bit lightweight though....
    but i can't help drooling at the possibility of a midfield with gerrard, alonso and aimar.
    as long as we do not need to sacrifice gerrard, i'd be delighted if we could somehow secure aimar's service.

tonight's game....
    pools vs southampton

Liverpool deservedly take the lead with Sinama Pongolle breaking the deadlock. Xabi Alonso's slide-rule pass was perfect, and the striker beats Niemi with an angled finish.

where u watch??
    got show meh??

Liverpool get the second period underway and push forward again looking for a decisive second goal.

3 more points in the bag. good job lads! 1-0 to liverpool. kinda wish we could put more chances away but as long as we keep getting 3 points, that's fine.

i foresee another happy day at the sad sad office. hahaha!

next game against the gals from chelski!!!!!!

go LIVERPOOL!!!

3 points is 3 points!!!

next game versus chelsea...

(btw: everton lost their game! )

Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    that would be a dream come true! but what about the money.....don't see us affording him.
    precisely what i am thinking as well.. always buy buy buy where is the $ ?

we had rejected 70m offer by Morgan..may be we have LG coming in as sponsor.

Only option left - need to sell several in order to buy.

Although Aimar is no doubt will be a very good buy..we must be clear that our main priority now is to have another striker.

vs Chelsea .... I am glad that we have a point. In recent match, Chelsea most lethal weapon is the wing...Robben and Duff.. We have no RB to play for us. Finnan is injured. And last night we had Diao to play for us.

If I see his name on the starting line up on saturday..I believe we would have lost the match.

I would rather play Carrager as RB, Riise LB, and Hyypia partner either Whitebred or Traore. Why Traore in CB ? Because I forsee that Chelsea 4-5-1 at anfield. As they had this formation last night against Portmouth. Drogba is the only target man and they let the midfielder do the job. Hyypia and Traore is good enough to close Drogba down.

We should be more alert and aware of the attack from both flank.

Anyway... I believe a draw is good enough..and we could aim to beat norwich in the next following match.