Page 45 of 197 FirstFirst ... 203540434445464750557095 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

I like Heineken too! like the taste better compared to Carlsberg and Tiger.

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    I like Heineken too! like the taste better compared to Carlsberg and Tiger.
    hee hee, maybe our boys can learn some moves from the heineken advert
    morgan pulled out of his bid liao.... i just hope we can scrape some money together to get some new players next season but i'd rather we scrape through the current one with the ones we have (and maybe recall some loan players like le tallec, if need be) than to be held ransom. all the other clubs know we need a forward to cover for cisse so they would be out for blood and it is really not worth it. hope the lads can pull up their socks and perform!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    ok, maybe i'll consider Diouf too!!
    Huh!!! u serious meh??? he always likes to "kapui" people one leh....

Quote Originally Posted by kop
    Huh!!! u serious meh??? he always likes to "kapui" people one leh....
    ya... tat's very bad of him. haha (got anymore spare to spit at Real Kuniangs??)

he hangs around kopi-tiam far too often and picked up the ah pehs' and ah ums' 'kaaaaaa-puuui sheng gong'.

hopefully diouf can pick himself up and deal his talents and future a helping hand!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

how about having crown paint sponsoring again! (provided that they haven't folded :P)

Default Businessman Morgan withdraws Liverpool cash offer

LONDON, Dec 21 (Reuters) - Businessman Steve Morgan has withdrawn his offer to invest 70 million pounds ($136.4 million) in Liverpool, his lawyer said on Tuesday.
    "Steve has finally lost patience with the Liverpool board using his offer as a stop gap while they scour the world looking for a better one," lawyer Vincent Fairclough was quoted as saying in the Liverpool Echo newspaper on Tuesday.
    "He is no longer prepared to be used as a stalking horse."
    Liverpool say they are currently considering several offers to plough money into the club but chairman David Moores hinted he might be ready accept former builder Morgan's bid at the club's annual general meeting on December 2.
    "At the AGM, chairman David Moores said it was 'maybe time' to accept the offer," Fairclough said. "However, he and the Liverpool board have since failed to respond, either positively or negatively.
    "Steve has had enough. He has other things to do with his life."
    Liverpool's board are seeking investment to help them compete financially with rivals such as Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal.
    The club, which holds the record of 18 English title wins, has plans to move away from Anfield to a new 60,000-capacity stadium at an estimated cost of 115 million pounds.

A sure 70m into LFC account is now gone...

Now that Morgan is gone and Carlsberg is gone... i wonder if we do have the financial strength to carry on esp with the Stanley Park..

Read that LG is interested... Can;t imagine the new jersey with LG logo and the stadium called LG PARK!!

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    the stadium called LG PARK!!
    better than some other company come in called "LP".
    Imagine u have LP stadium !!!

btw...the match against Chelsea in on 1-Jan ..not 31-Dec.

So the match is 1/1 evening? 10pm?

ESPN Channel (Singapore Time)

Mon, 27 Dec, 1.55am - West Bromwich Albion vs. Liverpool
    Wed, 29 Dec, 9pm - Liverpool vs. Southampton (Delayed)
    Sat, 01 Jan, 8.40pm - Liverpool vs. Chelsea
    Mon, 03 Jan, 8.40pm - Norwich City vs. Liverpool

next 4 matches, save for chelsea, are with (almost) relegation teams....

Quote Originally Posted by ibitemynails
    next 4 matches, save for chelsea, are with (almost) relegation teams....
    I hope the best...10 points from these 4 games....draw with Chelsea and win the rest..We would at least take over 5th spot from M'boro.

yes. but the ironic thing is, we tend to perform worse against poorer teams. maybe complacent?

from liverpoolfc.tv . nice to hear this. he's the heart of the team. wish he'd sign a new much longer contract though sigh, don't look like we have the means to strenghten the team but maybe the reserves will be able to rise to the challenge.

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has reiterated his desire to remain at Anfield and help manager Rafael Benitez build a successful title winning side at the club.
    Despite a press conference staged at the start of the season when Gerrard committed his future to Anfield there has been constant newspaper speculation about his supposed future.

Gerrard said the speculation is tiresome at times but says there is nothing he can do about that.

Gerrard said: "I'm signed here for this season and another two so there is no situation. There's a lot of speculation but that's not down to me.

"As club captain all I want to do is help us get back up the table and into the Champions League again."

Meanwhile the Liverpool captain has urged Rafael Benitez to sign Fernando Morientes who he believes would be a great signing for the club in January.

Gerrard said: "He's a great player. He scores goals in the league, in cup competitions and also in the Champions League.

"I don't think he'd be able to play for us in Europe this season but if we are able to get hold of him, we'd be getting ourselves a great player.

"He'd have Spanish coaches, a Spanish manager and we have got three or four Spanish players here now so they'll help him settle in.

"Rafael Benitez knows what he wants and he knows how to strengthen the squad he's got and if the right players become available at the right price I am sure we will strengthen.

"It would certainly be nice to see a few new faces in January to freshen things up."

Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    from liverpoolfc.tv . nice to hear this. he's the heart of the team. wish he'd sign a new much longer contract though sigh, don't look like we have the means to strenghten the team but maybe the reserves will be able to rise to the challenge.
    Everton has 10M to spend while Liverpool has 5M to spend. Times have change!

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Everton has 10M to spend while Liverpool has 5M to spend. Times have change!
    everton sold thier best player Rooney for 35m. Sure they would have 10m to spend..

owen screw up the maganement and we let go at only 8m. otherwise..we could sell him for 25m 1 year ago.

or else..we can sell our best players too for 35m + morientes..Real is deperately looking replacement for Figo and Zidane.

Gerrard is a very good player and captain. Mind u that we can replace him with another good player. But we can;t replace a leader.

Do u want the extra cash or Gerrard ?

For me it is simlpe..

1)rotate Kirkland and DUdek depend on their form.

2) Buy Morientes for 5m..Cisse back next year..No need to folk out big money to buy another expensive player.

3) Call bck Alou Diarra if another DM is needed. he managed to break in to French squad..he must have something good. And sell our Zidane-Cheyrou.

4) Zak Whitebred to play as backup for CB.

5) Most importantly..give youngster a trial...ie..Warnock to play when Kewell is not available.

6) And Pls get rid of Diao....

does it seem like what gerrard is doing now remind you of owen?
    assuring they will stay one but in fact...?

Quote Originally Posted by ibitemynails
    does it seem like what gerrard is doing now remind you of owen?
    assuring they will stay one but in fact...?
    not at all..

Gerrard's Commitment - Lat year...Gerrard signed a new contract to extend his stay in LFC.

His sincerity - he admitted that he was thinking about leaving LFC to join Chelsea.

and the true love - he is not leaving because of his relationship with LFC.

Whereas, Owen kept on telling us he wanted to play for LFC to us publicly.
    He dragged the contract negotiations for more than a year.
    He on and off came to media and tell the fans and media only minor issue is being discussed and everything went on fine.

The ending we all know....he refused to sign a contract. he wanted to leave. His never ending negotiation made LFC no choice but to sell him for only 8m..not even enough to finance the purchase of Cisse. (if u love your club...would u ever do so to your beloved club ? he should learn from Rooney)
    he lied to us for more than 1.5 years...he betrayed his supporters and the club too.

he is a good player..but he is a leader.

Gerrard is a good player..and he is the leader and the backbone of the team.

Owen leaving for next to peanuts is most heartbreaking. talk is cheap but he has tried to stay with the Reds amid our difficulties but at times u can't help but feel that he has a part to play in our struggles too(he too is a contributing factor to the struggles).

look at him now in Real Kuniang. a famous 8million quid and Europe Player of the Year award winner, strutting his stuff on the field, NOT! a very expensive bench-warmer. wonder if he's happy there(ala Rush when he left for Juve for a season, but, that was then!!). i hope Liverpool will never buy back Owen or need to. we've moved on without him and everythings' fine!

at least, he din't leave for free like a certain steve mcmanaman did. now, that is unforgivable. we became the butt of jokes among other clubs when they make reference of 'don't let the player do a stevie mac!', implying not to let the player leave on a Bosman!!

if we are ever forced to sell Stevie G... let's make sure we conduct ourselves professionally and sell him for mega pounds, and not just 8million quid and in exchange for a 'easily hurt man' who has yet to prove his worth and mini reputation(besides getting hurt).

certainly not at a huge discount! we won't be held to ransom, will we?
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    everton sold thier best player Rooney for 35m. Sure they would have 10m to spend..

owen screw up the maganement and we let go at only 8m. otherwise..we could sell him for 25m 1 year ago.

or else..we can sell our best players too for 35m + morientes..Real is deperately looking replacement for Figo and Zidane.

Gerrard is a very good player and captain. Mind u that we can replace him with another good player. But we can;t replace a leader.

Do u want the extra cash or Gerrard ?

For me it is simlpe..

1)rotate Kirkland and DUdek depend on their form.

2) Buy Morientes for 5m..Cisse back next year..No need to folk out big money to buy another expensive player.

3) Call bck Alou Diarra if another DM is needed. he managed to break in to French squad..he must have something good. And sell our Zidane-Cheyrou.

4) Zak Whitebred to play as backup for CB.

5) Most importantly..give youngster a trial...ie..Warnock to play when Kewell is not available.

6) And Pls get rid of Diao....
    Rooney was sold for 27M pounds la. 10M upfront. 10M will be paid next season and the rest are performance based payment. Plus Everton had a 30M cash injection coming soon. (Read from BBC sports)

Kekeke.....yes, Diao is not very good. The hot dog lipped guy is worst!

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    not at all..

Gerrard's Commitment - Lat year...Gerrard signed a new contract to extend his stay in LFC.

His sincerity - he admitted that he was thinking about leaving LFC to join Chelsea.

and the true love - he is not leaving because of his relationship with LFC.

Whereas, Owen kept on telling us he wanted to play for LFC to us publicly.
    He dragged the contract negotiations for more than a year.
    He on and off came to media and tell the fans and media only minor issue is being discussed and everything went on fine.

The ending we all know....he refused to sign a contract. he wanted to leave. His never ending negotiation made LFC no choice but to sell him for only 8m..not even enough to finance the purchase of Cisse. (if u love your club...would u ever do so to your beloved club ? he should learn from Rooney)
    he lied to us for more than 1.5 years...he betrayed his supporters and the club too.

he is a good player..but he is a leader.

Gerrard is a good player..and he is the leader and the backbone of the team.
    If Gerrard leaves, will you still say this? Looks certain he will leave if Liverpool can't get into CL next season.