Page 44 of 197 FirstFirst ... 193439424344454649546994 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

yes! yes! yes! a very good performance from the lads! finally, finally baros spotted his team mate and created a goal hahaha... just kidding, Baros played very well, happy for him.

West Brom next ..

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    what a night of magic ?? i could not believe it...i rub my eyes couple of time to realise that we did actually scored the 3rd goals..hurray...

Points to be noted :

1) Kirkland had conceded 2 goals in 2 matches from the freekick.. He obviously need to improve on this area.

2) Rafa should reliase that the best person to play LB is Riise...not Traore

3) Play the player at right position. U can see kewell became more effective in 2nd half when he played for LM rather than striker in the 1st half.

4) When we need to attack...Finnan is a better choice compared to Josemi.

5) Give the 2nd squad player a chance to prove for themselve...Signama and Mellor.

This is the comment I wrote after we won the CL game against Olympikios. Compared to last night victory...there are similiarities.

1) Thanks God it is Dudek who started the match. Had it been Kirkland...Robert would have scored from the powerful freekick.. This is based on the last 2 matches where Kirland conceded free kick from Villa and Olympikios...No reaction at all...and the way he let the goal slip in his left arm against Everton.

2) It was Riise who played on the LB.

3) Kewell was playing as LM.

4) Finnan was playing RB rather than Josemi...He was up to assist and cross and he is much faster and alert fellow than Josemi.

5) Give the reserve player a chance...Mellor scored a goal and Signama had a very good game.

What is proven to my point....when we need to attack and win the match..we have to play the right player for the right position..
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 20th December 2004 at 09:26 AM.

Brother.. Brother...

You are spot on!! Anyway, thats the team that most of us wanted Rafa to play. Just that i think occasionally, Manager will try something to freshen up the things (sometimes it backfires!) as Liverpool will probably play abt 50 competitive matches (38 league games, CL - min 6, FA cup - at least 3 (provided we progress) League cup - 4 (so far i think is 4, 2 more and we will be league cup champion again!).

Thats y sometimes i dun want to be too harsh on managers. For viewers, we see on tv performances and decide. For managers, he has to decide based on many factors such as reserve team performance, giving new/old players a few games, scouting reports, opponent's strength and weaknesses.

If it's that simple, we can just appoint any tom, d*ck and harry and they will be better than GH! (though that's what most people think so at the end!)

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    You are spot on!! Anyway, thats the team that most of us wanted Rafa to play. Just that i think occasionally, Manager will try something to freshen up the things (sometimes it backfires!) as Liverpool will probably play abt 50 competitive matches (38 league games, CL - min 6, FA cup - at least 3 (provided we progress) League cup - 4 (so far i think is 4, 2 more and we will be league cup champion again!).
    I understand we need to give player a rest..and rotate them..

But count on the stats when Josemi and Finnan are both fit...the stat is on Josemi to start the game more than Finnan. ???

Even we should rotate the player (they can be tired, I understand)...but I never see AC Milan rotate the best LB @ Maldini being played as LM..as Traore was deployed to play that role in the last 3 matches.

We also never seen Pires play as a striker for Arsenal as Kewell did for us...
    Kewell scored a header for us this season when he played as LM and scored us none when he played as striker.

My point is...so far this season we have not been consistent with our style and the players...this is part of the reason why we are not performing consistent.. For example...when we need to attack and play at home....we played 4-5-1 against Portsmouth...Rafa reliased his mistake and played 4-4-2 against Newcastle.

And my usual comment of the match..

1) Dudek make no mistake..great save from Robert's superstrike freekick..the moment Robert step backward so far from the ball..I know he would whack the ball in...straight into the goal...Lucky Dudek this time did not punch the ball flying towards into his own net.

2) Lineman - so offside also could not see...???

3) Referee - right to send Bowyer off...and the goal Baros scored is nothing wrong to challenge Given. Given was not even managed to hold on the ball nor baros was stepped into his position. Both went to challenge and Baros won it..The goal should stand.

4) Finnan - he is great..He attack as a wing back (did us so many crosses) ..and quick enough to defend and cover his position. Rather than Josemi play as simply a RB..he did not give away so much freekick nor he collected yellow card..He is definately the first choice for playing that position for us.

5) Garcia - again he missed 2 opportunities ..1 shot to the air, the other one sho to the keeper. H estarted to get used to play in EPL.. Once received the ball..there is always a challenge coming within 1 to 2 seconds. Although he has great touch and control..but he needs to be fast to react in EPL games. So far...still an average player. Nothing much too outstanding. May be I am baised...but seriously..he is the only Liverpool No 10 on the last 20 years that is not good enough to play for his country.

6) kewell - he has a good game...he is gaining back his form..a good control and vision to pass the ball for Baros..yet he still give away/lost too many possesion.

7) Signma and Mellor - Both have a very good game..their confidence are running high...As quoted earlier..I have yelled so a long time to give 2 young lads a chance to justify themselves...I believed they did...at leat to most of us the liverpool fans..not sure what Rafa think about that.

8) BAROS - what a Striker we had...before he is injured..I kept shouting on his selfishness and unawareness. During his injury...Rafa must have made him studied the video. he had improved a lot more..He has the vision for goal..he react fast in the box..and most importantly...he is aware of his teamate and trying to pass to them...He assist mellor to score. I love this new baros..If he keeps doing so..running on defender..release the ball to others who are in better position..and he could score himself...he will be another liverpool legend after owen departure.

9) Formation - we perform better 4-4-2. No question about that. Against Arsenal...Olympikios..and newcastle. May be when we played away..we might consider 4-5-1 with more control in midfield..and gerrard to run as supporting striker (he also does help to defend) and Baros to capitalise on the opportunities. And we need Hamann to play as DM with 4-5-1 formation.
    If we play at home..running high spirit...and we are all out to attack..may be we could play Kewell, Garcia, Gerrard, and Alonso to have more control. Btw...last night...did anyone notice that Liverpool has only 48% of the posession. PLaying at home with Gerrard and Alonso in midfield to control...48% of possesion is definately an area we should improve on.

10) Finally...please no more Traore on LM. I dun mind him playing LB for us..I could see any effective contribution from him.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 20th December 2004 at 11:16 AM.

Hehe... brother

Arsene played clichy as LM last night and they also dun seems fluent as Pires dun fall that often on the Right!!

To me, i have always felt that Mellor is a good striker... even Ian Rush says he's the best natural striker even when mickey mouse is ard! Sinama is tricky but too small... unless he developed his game and become more clinical like Defoe now.

No chance to watch the liverpool match as not shown here but heck, as long as we win, i am happy!!

Hehe... brother

Arsene played clichy as LM last night and they also dun seems fluent as Pires dun fall that often on the Right!!

To me, i have always felt that Mellor is a good striker... even Ian Rush says he's the best natural striker even when mickey mouse is ard! Sinama is tricky but too small... unless he developed his game and become more clinical like Defoe now.

No chance to watch the liverpool match as not shown here but heck, as long as we win, i am happy!!
    Mellor need to develop more to be more complete.Yes i remember when Ian Rush as a striker coach..he said that Mellor is teh best natural finisher among Owen, Baros and Heskey.

Signama is learning the trick now...he showed us some fancy passing and dribbling.. I believe to give him more games and involvement...he shall be able to improve.. So far so good.

"The match is not shown here"...where are u ??

told u i in china now mah... coming back soon

i tot u had returned mah .....

I tot u go europe for honeymoon?

Quote Originally Posted by kop
    I tot u go europe for honeymoon?
    Yeap.. went europe for 3 weeks, came back on Sunday then fly to china on last mondy... back in sg on thursday for Christmas...

When's our next match? Will it be shown live in SG?

Our next match - 26 Dec, vs WBA play away. No live but delayed on ESPN at 1.00am. Not an exciting match..because we will dominate the whole match and easy win for 3-0.

1 Jan - Home to Chelsea...can we celebrate New Year ??? I am happy if we could have 1 point from this match...

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    Our next match - 26 Dec, vs WBA play away. No live but delayed on ESPN at 1.00am. Not an exciting match..because we will dominate the whole match and easy win for 3-0.

1 Jan - Home to Chelsea...can we celebrate New Year ??? I am happy if we could have 1 point from this match...
    1st jan... midnight or late night? Does it mean 31/12 midnight? or is it 1/1 evening match?

Perhaps we can gather at somewhere and watch?

1st jan... midnight or late night? Does it mean 31/12 midnight? or is it 1/1 evening match?

Perhaps we can gather at somewhere and watch?
    i heard got fireworks on that night leh. good idea leh, shoot fireworks liao then watch football lo

from liverpoolfc.tv. All i can say is "dream on!" I'd rather stick with mellor, baros and pongolle and hope for the best rather than do what real wants!
    i wonder if it's true that rafa only has 5mil to spend. that's really not enough to get us even one good player.......

LIVERPOOL'S bid for Fernando Morientes took a bizarre twist last night as Real Madrid demanded first refusal on Steven Gerrard.
    Madrid's response to a formal Liverpool offer for striker Morientes is a fascinating development, showing they have placed England star Gerrard at the top of their wanted list.

But the Anfield club insist they will not consider Real's demand, claiming they will not give any club an option to buy their captain. Liverpool made an official approach for Spanish international forward Morientes yesterday, when they offered 3.5million to sign him in the January transfer window.

But Real president Fiorentino Perez (above) instantly rejected the bid, and reacted by slapping a 7.5million price tag on the 28-year-old.

Later, it emerged Real are prepared to accept Liverpool's valuation, if they are given first option on Gerrard, should he ever decide to leave the club, or be put up for sale.

But the Anfield board know that is very dangerous territory, because even though they do not have to sell their skipper, it would leave the possibility hanging in the air, and further unsettle their fans, along with Gerrard himself.

Liverpool will respond formally to any such request from Real by insisting on a cash-only deal for Morientes, no strings attached.

But they are in a difficult situation, because manager Rafael Benitez, with only 5m to spend, wants to bring in at least two new players. So if Real stick to their valuation, then Liverpool will be priced out of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    from liverpoolfc.tv. All i can say is "dream on!" I'd rather stick with mellor, baros and pongolle and hope for the best rather than do what real wants!
    i wonder if it's true that rafa only has 5mil to spend. that's really not enough to get us even one good player.......
    com'on u Reds!!!

let's not gif in to Real Kuniang's threat!! REAL man do not give in to threats!!!! (okie, i'm being overly serious here but tat's wat i feel! we shall not be held on RANSOM!!!)

forget about Morientes. i'll rather welcome back ANELKA with WIDE OPEN ARMS then to gif in to the ultimatum issued by the gals from Real!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    com'on u Reds!!!

let's not gif in to Real Kuniang's threat!! REAL man do not give in to threats!!!! (okie, i'm being overly serious here but tat's wat i feel! we shall not be held on RANSOM!!!)

forget about Morientes. i'll rather welcome back ANELKA with WIDE OPEN ARMS then to gif in to the ultimatum issued by the gals from Real!!

ok, maybe i'll consider Diouf too!!

and let's hurry back Le Tallec!!

let's cope with our own boys instead of kowtowing to another club's threat!

it hurts to see Liverpool in such a state(of maybe, having to kowtow to Real's threat...)

5million quid on a new striker... i'll say we save it up and struggle through with our own boys!!!

Com'On you REDS!! all's not that bad!!

JUST LOOK AT EVERLOSE!!!!!

(can't belif i'm typing this.. but we sure can learn a thing or two from the blue boys... shucks!!!)

and now carlsberg is giving up on us...hahaha

all the better... always hated the carlsberg logo on our jersey...

Quote Originally Posted by laugh
    and now carlsberg is giving up on us...hahaha

all the better... always hated the carlsberg logo on our jersey...
    can we next have Heineken???

hahaha