Page 41 of 197 FirstFirst ... 163136394041424346516691 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er
    Steven G is on his way out of Anfield..........
    every year we read that Patrick Viera will be leaving Arsenal..but he is still the gunner today.

owen had came up many times to assure that he was going to sign a new contract..but Risk Parry in the AGM stated that indeed Owen refused to sign the contract being offered to him.

The weekend before Houllier was sacked...he said that he would still incharge for the season 2004/2005.

To see the truth of how the english media write the article..u should read the other way.

If the headline is something like this "Gerrard is leaving Liverpool"...the actual happenings will be Gerrard staying with Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er
    Chelsea.

It would be tough for him to leave too. He cant participate in Champion's League
    would have thought that arsenal needed him more badly.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    would have thought that arsenal needed him more badly.

show us the money!!!!!!!!!

Stevie G can leave for the right amount!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    show us the money!!!!!!!!!

Stevie G can leave for the right amount!!
    how much do u think he is worth? 30 million pounds?

of course....no team want to sell their best player...

but eveything has its price.

show us the Russian money of 35m....we should consider.

btw...I read the annual report few days ago, I even look at their B/S, P/L and notes to accout statement. I find the financial status of LFC is not healthy.

Last year we lost 22m ...10.4m as expense for the GH'sgang fried sotong package.

and we had (15m) less of revenue for not playing in CL.

in 2003..we played CL. although we were kicked out by basel in group stage 1..we managed to have a profit of 2m. Little but at least manage to just breakeven.

Without CL, we will really be in "Reds" for. I seriously doubt we should run the business under such condition.

Indeed, we should run the club as if any champion, Trophy, and Cl would be like a bonus..

Risk the club to only play for CL for breakeven to survive..is really dangerous.

Of course...it is much easy to say. but I believe that it is time for a change. I dun mind Steven Morgan to take over the management with a 60m injection to the club.

Although there is no guarantee that Steven Morgan can do better..but at least 60m will sure do a good job with the club..

Imagine we also need 115m to move to Stanley Park.

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    of course....no team want to sell their best player...

but eveything has its price.

show us the Russian money of 35m....we should consider.

btw...I read the annual report few days ago, I even look at their B/S, P/L and notes to accout statement. I find the financial status of LFC is not healthy.

Last year we lost 22m ...10.4m as expense for the GH'sgang fried sotong package.

and we had (15m) less of revenue for not playing in CL.

in 2003..we played CL. although we were kicked out by basel in group stage 1..we managed to have a profit of 2m. Little but at least manage to just breakeven.

Without CL, we will really be in "Reds" for. I seriously doubt we should run the business under such condition.

Indeed, we should run the club as if any champion, Trophy, and Cl would be like a bonus..

Risk the club to only play for CL for breakeven to survive..is really dangerous.

Of course...it is much easy to say. but I believe that it is time for a change. I dun mind Steven Morgan to take over the management with a 60m injection to the club.

Although there is no guarantee that Steven Morgan can do better..but at least 60m will sure do a good job with the club..

Imagine we also need 115m to move to Stanley Park.
    Fully agree with what you said. Its time for a change. Liverpool needs to money to compete. It doesn't matter if its owned by a rich fan, a group of rich fans, rich businessmen or a suger daddy like Roman. What matters is that the club is generating its own spending money, and to do that, it had to be runned like a business.

If a club cannot keep its top players, then the club is not good enough. But i think Liverpool is going in the right direction. Qualify for CL (More $), plans for new bigger stadium to earn more $ (To compete with Man Utd, Arsenal and Newcastle) and there is a interested party, Mr Morgan. No club will want to sell its top players and Owen leave for $12M. Thats not right! While i felt that Liverpool will be better off without Owen, but at $12M plus 1 lousy player, I felt that Pool kenna tok carrot! Liverpool cannot afford to sell Gerrard, even if its for $30M. The team will be poorer without him. And its not easy to find another cheaper Gerrard.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Fully agree with what you said. Its time for a change. Liverpool needs to money to compete. It doesn't matter if its owned by a rich fan, a group of rich fans, rich businessmen or a suger daddy like Roman. What matters is that the club is generating its own spending money, and to do that, it had to be runned like a business.

If a club cannot keep its top players, then the club is not good enough. But i think Liverpool is going in the right direction. Qualify for CL (More $), plans for new bigger stadium to earn more $ (To compete with Man Utd, Arsenal and Newcastle) and there is a interested party, Mr Morgan. No club will want to sell its top players and Owen leave for $12M. Thats not right! While i felt that Liverpool will be better off without Owen, but at $12M plus 1 lousy player, I felt that Pool kenna tok carrot! Liverpool cannot afford to sell Gerrard, even if its for $30M. The team will be poorer without him. And its not easy to find another cheaper Gerrard.
    well, everton has no big-name stars and are still doing pretty well after selling rooney. mebbe there is life after a star player like gerrard departs?

well, everton has no big-name stars and are still doing pretty well after selling rooney. mebbe there is life after a star player like gerrard departs?
    Well there are always one hit wonder like Chievo, Charlton, Osasuna etc etc. Of cause, one player does not make a team and no player is bigger than a club. Gerrard is difficult to replace, not impossible.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ol/4082065.stm

Unless.....Liverpool got a top class football school like what Ajax does but Ajax, they're not really top class as a team as well.

Lets see if Everton will qualify for CL next season. It is essential that the top teams qualify for CL. Teams like Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool cos they will need the $$$. Chelsea no prob......
    Last edited by afbug; 10th December 2004 at 07:37 PM.

how much do u think he is worth? 30 million pounds?

stevie G is priceless right now.

maybe we can let him go for 30million quid and in exchange for maybe 2 players from, say, Chelski. heh! any pick from the Chelski gals' dressing room! frank Lampar looks good! scott parker too! hohoho

i'm dreaming here... Chelski gals will never let these two players go...

Latest report. Disappointing result. Understand the reason now that Xabi was dropped as Rafa wanted to start with fresh legs, but maybe he over-rested the lad. Ditto for Finnan.

Gutted; we've got to put a win streak together somehow!

http://www.chubi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=66#66

Quote Originally Posted by grandrake
    Latest report. Disappointing result. Understand the reason now that Xabi was dropped as Rafa wanted to start with fresh legs, but maybe he over-rested the lad. Ditto for Finnan.

Gutted; we've got to put a win streak together somehow!

http://www.chubi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=66#66

speechless!!!!!

weird tactical move by benitez!!!!!!!

1-0 loss to everlose!?! oh man.... wat's goin on?

diao in the starting lineup?!?!? *doh*

why can't biscan start ahead of him??

i am attributing the mistake of letting the goal to diao (call me biased or whatever)

he was supposed to be guarding the center but he drifted to the side and create a big lobang in the middle allowing 2 everton players to come in and carlsley to slam in the goal like the way gerrard did few days ago!

benitez want fresh legs yeah...biscan is fresh!!! a midfield of hamann, gerrard and biscan is better than hamann, gerrard and DIAO!
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

Quote Originally Posted by akane
    diao in the starting lineup?!?!? *doh*

why can't biscan start ahead of him??

i am attributing the mistake of letting the goal to diao (call me biased or whatever)

he was supposed to be guarding the center but he drifted to the side and create a big lobang in the middle allowing 2 everton players to come in and carlsley to slam in the goal like the way gerrard did few days ago!

benitez want fresh legs yeah...biscan is fresh!!! a midfield of hamann, gerrard and biscan is better than hamann, gerrard and DIAO!
    if your comment is biase, i'll baise together with you.

diao
    diao
    diao

I can;t wait for the match and we need to win the derby match...the wider the gap between 4th and LFC placing...the less confidence/more panic they are.

but i am really worried about LFC performance. So far they have been very consistent of being inconsistent. U see them playing 1 match very good..then then next one suck.
    shhiitt...my worries of them performing consistently of being inconsistent of 1 game good and the next game sucked really become a nightmare on saturday.

My opinion on the derby match - Everton 1 Liverpool 0

1) Kirkland - he easily conceded 2 freekick (Villa and Olympiakios) and now another against. Everton has only 1 decent shot on target and they scored. The shot is not a damn bending banana kick or any powerful at all..nor going to the far post. it isa normal routine save...but the ball just went unerneath the left arm of him..what was he doing ?? Pls bring Dudel back. Kirkland should be dropped for a few matches. As said previously..he is good at crossing..but on block save...there is much for him to improve.

2) Hamann ??? - We were doing quite okay, matching Everton blow by blow before Rafa the tactical genius demanded the removal of Hamann, our best defensive midfielder, and put in Nunez. I can swear to you i told my friends that we will concede goal from central midfield.. and not even two minutes later it happened. Am i a tactical genius or then good pundit? No.. i just have some farking common sense!

To replace a CM with a RM where the other CM (Gerrard) is already tired (Olympiakos game, plus his roaming role) = central midfield will have a gapping hole!

What doesnt help was the fact that Nunez DID NOTHING after his was substituted in.. the only occasion i remember seeing him was he over-running the ball the way. Contribution to attack ..near nothing...COntribution to defend is zero.

3) Diao ?? Oh my God ? Why Diao ? IF I was a manager..I would rather play 10 man and not 11man plus Diao. Simlpy because I could not see Diao help the team in any case but only to give away the possesion easily. Merely a liability pllayer. If we need a fresh leg..we can have Biscan. I remember Rafa had named him the most improved player this season few weeks ago..and he is not playing at all recently. ???

4) Traore ?? I tot after Olympiakos game..Raha had know that to win a match..we need to play Liverpool player at their most comfort role. Why Traore is being used to play for LM again ?? I have never seen Roberto Carlos play as LM for Real ...I have never seen Maldini played LM AC Milan, nor Cole for Arsenal, Silverster for MU ???? If we want fresh leg ..I am very confidence that Warnock would play a better LM than Traore ....

I cant believe we lost the Everton. Especially this season... when we need most to knock their confidence out, we let them bask in glory.. After the match their confidence is so high that Moyes was even saying Everton is title contender.. Puiiihhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Friend...

I am back and equally disappointed with you. Did not catch the match but from the review etc, it seems like Liverpool played reasonably well but tired and concede a soft goal.

Not the 1st time it happens nor will it be the last. I do not think come May, Everton will still be in the top 5 much less the no. 2 spot they holding now. They are just not good enough. A key injury to one of their players and they will suffer a string of defeats. Moreover, they have not really played many top sides yet.

As for Liverpool, i can't wait to see who Rafael brings in in Jan. It will have a huge barings on how we finish or attempt to finish. If he brings in a 2nd class striker or stop-gap (1 year/6mth) contract type, then it means he is letting this year go without possible CL qualification. I am not talking abt winning championship as i think Chelsea or Arsenal is still likely to win. Finishing top 4 may still be within our reach if EVerton and Boro starts losing and we start winning more consistently.

Seems like we have the same problem every year. Injuries, inconsistencies, weird tactical changes by managers... Eventhough Rafael is reputedly one of the bext tactician in Spain when managing Valencia... but then Houllier is reputedly one of the best in grooming youngsters and talent-spotting... i rest my case!

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    Friend...

I I do not think come May, Everton will still be in the top 5 much less the no. 2 spot they holding now. They are just not good enough. A key injury to one of their players and they will suffer a string of defeats. Moreover, they have not really played many top sides yet.

As for Liverpool, i can't wait to see who Rafael brings in in Jan. It will have a huge barings on how we finish or attempt to finish. If he brings in a 2nd class striker or stop-gap (1 year/6mth) contract type, then it means he is letting this year go without possible CL qualification. I am not talking abt winning championship as i think Chelsea or Arsenal is still likely to win. Finishing top 4 may still be within our reach if EVerton and Boro starts losing and we start winning more consistently.
    my friend...Everton had player 17 games out of 38..Bascially, they have met 17 out of the 19 EPL teams.. and they are now 2nd in the league. This is unbelievable and there might be something is going on for them.. The morale, the confidence and the "consistency".

Even if they or Mboro start to lose some games, does not mean that we can climb higher...unless we capitalise the opportunity.. But if we are like vs Villa...donimated the whole game and to end up a draw..losing game to Chelsea, MU, Everton, Mboro...all above us...I wonder where will we end up to be ?? Pls we must play CL next year....or else we might lose Gerrard.

Seems like we have the same problem every year. Injuries, inconsistencies, weird tactical changes by managers...
    Injuries..is out of our control..but consistency and tactical changes is within the manager. If u play the players in different position each game...where is the "consistency" ??

Although Rafa has earned him a great manager with Valencia...so far...I have yet to really appreciate what he has done for Liverpool.. Only if he can qualify for CL next season and finsih off the team better than last year where houllier handled to the team him or made us progress to CL semi final..

although we could buy players during January transfer window...but if we maintain current weird tactical changes and keep playing the player not at his best position...that will not gonna to help. We need a Scottish...Pls bring McAllister in...to be Asst Manager..

Again..as i predicted..one game we are good, the next one we sucked. So on tuesday night...we should beat Portsmouth...hahahaa.....

i second you on the pompy prediction. They had 2 win and a draw in 3 games since Rednapp jump ship and i think they are due for a big defeat.

I predict 3-0 or 3-1 to Liverpool!

i second you on the pompy prediction. They had 2 win and a draw in 3 games since Rednapp jump ship and i think they are due for a big defeat.

Oh dear, think i know the frustration you guys are feeling. And i reckon Stevie G will jump ship sooner or later.

the match was not telecast on tv...I did not see it.

We scored and we conceded a goal at injury time. What a waste to throw away 2 points.

We dominated the game...we scored first..and the defenders conceded equaliser goal. lie..vs Blackburn, Tot (1st match this season), Villa, Portsmouth....And do u think we are having injuries crisis ?? not likely.

it is the defending.. but the manager does think he aledi had a good squad in the defender department...he highly rated Josemi and Traore, and Diao as defensive midfielder. It was again Josemi who easily gave away freekick to Everton to score.

Speechless now...My heavy bet with my friend (Everton fans) on whose team will finish higher this season is half way in his pocket liao....

the match was not telecast on tv...I did not see it.
    We pay more for the sports channels and they din telecast? Damn! I tot they claim to show 10 matches in a weekend? I dunno, din keep track but i think max only 7 matches per weekend.

I think we paid more so that John Dykes can go to Highbury to interview Sir Bobby Robson? Plus a cameo appearence from hoo lee yeah! Nice to see him on TV again.
    Last edited by afbug; 15th December 2004 at 09:12 AM.