Page 36 of 197 FirstFirst ... 112631343536373841466186 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

sigh. so close to half time. if only we could have held on.... fingers crossed now.

read that Liverpool dominated the first half....

played to a 1-1 draw.

believe that benitez removed gerrard for the game on wed...

jus need to b more consistent and finish off chances!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    read that Liverpool dominated the first half....
    yeah..liverpool dominate the first half but could'nt finish them off. sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    hohoho!
    i just don't want Liverpool to end up like Man Utd!! hohoho! Liverpool should remain a family-owned football club! but who am i to say what it should be?
    hohoho!

the groundshare must not happen. can't believe sharing the ground with Everton! wat will the stadium be painted in? and the seats? Red and Blue and White?!

earlier suggestions is that Everton will rent the stadium from us for their own games. i don't think they are that stupid to go for this option. surely they want to have a stake in the stadium too.
    Yes, indeed! I also cannot imagine the stadium half blue and half red.

Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    problem with man utd is that it became a branding exercise. ditto for real madrid. while the money coming in is very nice indeed, the problem is that the club is run at the mercy of stockholders who are often more interested in getting returns for their investments rather than because they really love the club or even the game. look at how fergie's hands are tied in transfers. you wanna buy, sell first. looking at transfer spendings, for the richest club in the world, fergie's spending power is actually no more than wenger or houllier. in fact, despite some hovering near bankruptcy, italian clubs are splashing more on transfers every season. don't even let me get started on real.... if we start signing a "galactico" every year, i'll be supporting crewe instead, thank you very much.
    the reasons for fergie's and wenger's success are smart buying and actively scouting the market for good buys, especially promising juniors. not to mention giving the youngsters a chance to develop and gain experience. the chelsea model for success is just too artificial and potentially unstable. sometimes the blend of stars work, sometimes, you get real madrid.
    Do you know what are you talking about? If look at the squad of players Man Utd had, its no suprise that he had to sell 1st. 6 strikers! Chelsea also trim down its squad. If you want to talk about spending power, only Chelsea and Real Madrid can match United. Am i right to say this? You think money cannot buy success? All you need is a good manager and loads of cash. Real Madrid's manager have too little power and their stars are too influential.

Sadly these days, money really matters in football. Its becoming just like F1. If Liverpool are to progress, they really need loads of spending money. A bigger stadium to earn more $$$ and new board that can inject cash.

Arsenal secured a deal for their stadium, smart! Got some more spending money.
    Last edited by afbug; 5th December 2004 at 01:43 AM.

Gutted that we let this one slip away...

Latest report: http://www.chubi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=64#64

i was so sad when liverpool drew tonight! chelsea, arse-nal, utd, and everton all won their matches, most with quite a good score margin as well.. =(
    will premiership be out this season?? =(

so disappointed thought we did enough to win that one

afbug: i searched it out, and you're right. man utd is tops for spending compared to arsenal and liverpool : 99 million pounds for 6 seasons ending 2003 with liverpool at 81mil.
    as for money being important, i do not deny that. i never said money cannot buy success but that it doesn't guarantee it. chelsea sure showed what money can do. but i just said that not all clubs who spent a lot get what they want. leeds spent 91 mil in the same period and where are they now? and they had o'leary as manager for many of these seasons and he sure had his say. i just hope we do not go the way of leeds. if chelsea had a bad year (or abramovic leaves), can you imagine what could go wrong? they have a fantastic team but it could fold over like a house of card if things don't go as planned. only one team wins the league, only 4 make it to champions league. those that spend a lot but had no luck would suffer the consequences like an inflated wage bill and having a hoard of players and no liquidity.

note that i'm not arguing with you when you said money is good but simply that we need to be careful and not just see dollar signs only. look at your favourite team. i admire fergie for his astute signings and his ability to motivate the team and get best out of his youngsters. few spending kitty could have afforded to buy giggs, scholes, beckham and the rest but fergie spotted them early and made them stars (much cheaper ). having the money is good but just make sure the fundamentals are sound as well.

Default First Posting in this thread!!

Hello world...

my first posting in this thread... me a liverpool supporter since 1987!!!
    Just wanna say HELLO to all the liverpool supporters in ClubSnap!!!

BTW... anyone watch the match last night??? sob sob... dominated yet kena held on to a DRAW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by icecold
    Hello world...

BTW... anyone watch the match last night??? sob sob... dominated yet kena held on to a DRAW!!!!
    welcome!!

LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by icecold
    Hello world...

welcome! welcome! u come here, we won't let u won't walk alone.

Default Watching Soccer??!!

HELLO!!!!

Just curious... does you pple gather to watch soccer b4?? meeting up somewhere to watch a game... have for a cup of drink and screaming at the top of your voice!!! I do that (however... only with my brothers at home... all the guys in my family are LIVERPOOL SUPPORTERS!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    so disappointed thought we did enough to win that one

afbug: i searched it out, and you're right. man utd is tops for spending compared to arsenal and liverpool : 99 million pounds for 6 seasons ending 2003 with liverpool at 81mil.
    as for money being important, i do not deny that. i never said money cannot buy success but that it doesn't guarantee it. chelsea sure showed what money can do. but i just said that not all clubs who spent a lot get what they want. leeds spent 91 mil in the same period and where are they now? and they had o'leary as manager for many of these seasons and he sure had his say. i just hope we do not go the way of leeds. if chelsea had a bad year (or abramovic leaves), can you imagine what could go wrong? they have a fantastic team but it could fold over like a house of card if things don't go as planned. only one team wins the league, only 4 make it to champions league. those that spend a lot but had no luck would suffer the consequences like an inflated wage bill and having a hoard of players and no liquidity.

note that i'm not arguing with you when you said money is good but simply that we need to be careful and not just see dollar signs only. look at your favourite team. i admire fergie for his astute signings and his ability to motivate the team and get best out of his youngsters. few spending kitty could have afforded to buy giggs, scholes, beckham and the rest but fergie spotted them early and made them stars (much cheaper ). having the money is good but just make sure the fundamentals are sound as well.
    I got your point. There is no end to this and we can argue till the cows come knocking on the door and there is still no conclusion

Guys! Forget about the draw with Villa! For this coming weekend, its the tale of 2 derbies! London derby and Merseyside derby.

Red Vs Blue

Its Arsenal Vs Chelsea and Everton Vs Liverpool

Lets hope the Reds wins! If both Reds wins, then my fav Red Devils can catch the Blues!! Provided that they overcome Fulham.

chelsea should win!! and pools MUST win... so that pools have chance of being in the top 4... if arse-nal win, then the gap at the top becomes too close....

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    I got your point. There is no end to this and we can argue till the cows come knocking on the door and there is still no conclusion

Guys! Forget about the draw with Villa! For this coming weekend, its the tale of 2 derbies! London derby and Merseyside derby.

Red Vs Blue

Its Arsenal Vs Chelsea and Everton Vs Liverpool

Lets hope the Reds wins! If both Reds wins, then my fav Red Devils can catch the Blues!! Provided that they overcome Fulham.
    not to worry. we need no incentives(haha) to beat Everton.

before the match..I would expect a draw. but after I saw them playing for 30mins...I am sure we would have grabbed 3 points here.

but...playing away to team who is seating above us..to have a draw is not a bad result, is not ??

the problem is - when we dominated the game..we could only manage a draw..but what about in the game where each side have controlled the game more a 50-50 approach ?

My opinion on the dissapoointed result -

1) McCann is the first culprit to blame.

2) Solano shoot is strong but notm killing...straight into the net but not at a killing angle..the ball is flying just on top of Kirkland..he should have saved it. Look at dudek performance against Hotsperm in the Leaguu Cup.. Although Kirkland made less blunder so far compared to Dudek..he is not yet a piece of jewell. Need more practice on block shoot..albiet that he is already good at crossing and corner.

3) Me most furious with Rafa substitution. We dominated 1st half. if we kept the players as it was in the 2nd half...I believe the goal would have came. But sub Mellor out for Traore and Josemi for Nunez and he even took out our driving force - gerrard.. U could convince me that these sub is to look for a draw..no way we are going to make such a changes but to look for a win.
    Question is - why would we want to aim for a draw where we were capable to fight for a win ???

4) I personally against not playing playerat their best/most comfort position. Riise on LB and Traore and LM..What the heck ?? Have u ever seen Silvertre play LM and Giggs as LB or Cole as LM and Pires as LB ?? When we have Mellor out and Traore in for LM..we only have Kewell to play as a striker ?? Again to play someone for a not familiar role ??

5) Biscan is not injured...and he is not on the bench where Diao is ... Diao in his most recent matches...could not fight for header...could not intercept the passing..could not break down the attack..could not defender...only contribution is to give away the ball..the contribution to the opponent team.

6) Gerrard is not injured..he was said that he is not happy with the decision.
    I could not see a tactical approach to sub out gerrard would do any good for the team in the 2nd half ?? Can some one on the bench that day attack better than him, defend better than him, passing better than him ...etc..e.tc..
    none at all.. and Gerrard himself also need more time to be on the field to get his match sharpness . Really wonder why he was out ??

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    actually, wat does it mean to have a new board take over at Liverpool?

does it mean that we'll be run like MAN UTD is now? nothing but a business venture? a Pte.Ltd and one where every decision has to be made through a board?

i'm quite confused as to the various advantages and disadvantages to this sort of consortium mergers or purchases... erm... correct me if i'm wrong!

i'm afraid that we'll lose the soul of the Liverpool F.C much like the clowns over at Man Utd are now... nothing but a pure business venture where the owners are not fans themselves but some businessmen.

i'm worried about the lack of funds and the fact that we made a record loss does not bode well.

who is this Steve Morgan? is he really a fan or is he just some businessman like those over at Man Utd??
    Currently Liverpool is having Moore as the board director. Moore is a Liverpool fan. He has not much money to pump into the club now. He did right to bring houllier in to bring us several trophies...but he also appointed Souness and Evans that made Liverpool fans heart sank for near 6 -7 years.

Morgan is also a liverpool fans...he offers 70m to Liverpool to be the board director. Although he might not promise success but he has the money on the table, I believe this is what Liverpool needs, for the 115m stadium, for the arising debt problem, and may be for the squad enhancement. Pls click here to read the article on LFC official web to confirm that Morgan is a Liverpool fans. He may be more than 55 years old as he is a lifelong Liverpool fans...he could be Liverpool fans much longer than most of us here. I have no doubt he loves the club as the fans do..Indeed himself is a fans ...The difference is that he has 70m on the table to offer..but we dun...hahahahaaaaa.........

Liverpool will not be handled in case like MUtd... Liverpool is not a public listed companies. Even there is buyer..if the current shareholder is not willing to let go..there is nothing can be settled.

When Liverpool playing a game...it is a match.

But running LFC..it is a business. We have record loss...and rising debt. if we keep on that...worst with the snowball effect..we might be like Leeds. End up force-selling the current players at cheap price...and play no EPL.

What's wrong with M Utd ?? For me a team to donimate the EPL for 90s, win the treble and the manager is that good to be honoured "Sir"..is definately a team we should learn from.

I do believe LFC should not lose the soul. But I personally favor that LFC soul is to win trophy.. With the board maintaining the current status and bring no EPL for another 15 years..I would prefer whoever it is to be the new board and bring us a EPL champion.

For a fans...we want Victory and bring us back the glory days..let it be whether the management is run by British, Russian, American ,Thai.

btw...i had downloaded LFC annual report 2004.

yet to have time to digest the report.

u may click to download fromhere.

GO REDS GO!!! 2:0 it will be!!

wohoo.. exciting match coming. Baros is back, and that is good news. Liverpool are performing well just hope they deliver the goods today.... and no more funny substitutions please Mr Rafa!