Page 34 of 197 FirstFirst ... 92429323334353639445984 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit
    hmm side footed very accurate meh?
    very much more accurate, when i sidefoot a shot, i miss the goal by much less than if i shot normally

Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    i only have sound but no image leh

think your codec need updating? try downloading the newer divx.

very much more accurate, when i sidefoot a shot, i miss the goal by much less than if i shot normally
    yes if it is the inside foot

Default Football Manager 2005!

anyone tried this game yet??

its super tough!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

watched the clips at least half a dozen times since my last post. i love kewell's "assist" on the mellor goal

cheesecake: how's the gameplay like? interested in getting it but not sure if should try this one or the new CM5. heard this one is very resource hungry. think my poor p3 will die an early death unless i upgrade to a new com.

Thanks giddy .... been watchin it non stop till now.... haha

These goals are just as good as those against MU a while back with Gerrad and Riise scoring scorching goals.....

Okay, my game report here. Fantastic display and result.

http://www.chubi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=63#63

holy cowz! my jaw dropped when i saw Mellor's awesome GOAL!!!!

watched the clips at least half a dozen times since my last post. i love kewell's "assist" on the mellor goal

cheesecake: how's the gameplay like? interested in getting it but not sure if should try this one or the new CM5. heard this one is very resource hungry. think my poor p3 will die an early death unless i upgrade to a new com.

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit
    hmm side footed very accurate meh?
    yes....when u see the short pass..most of them are done by side footed.

btw...when Ian Rush was still the striker coach for Owen, Heskey, Baros, Diouf , Mellor and Signama, he did actuallu said that Mellor is the best having the striking instinct. He could be our Folwer. But it is also true that he needs to develop to be a more balanced striker to fight for his place. Had u watched how u scored the goasl against M'boro in the League CUp ...with the amazing shoot against Arsenal..U will know why I mean here by striking instinct.

anyway...we had beaten a very good team..Wonder and concern how many more games can we put up such a performance ? We might be proud that we had kept Arsenal with no shot on/off target...but we also had few games this season that we had 0 shot on target as well. Let keep the finger cross that Rafa would get the right tactcis..I believe he is still trying to figure out what is the best formation for the team. Sunday formation is one of the wierd Liverpool formation I ever seen...bt the players play for his right position and play at his most comfort role.

Gerrard is back...Nunez starts to play....given 2-3 more weeks...Baros and Garcia are back..by then it is already January...Rafa can buy players already as he is very much looking for that.

For me, I think the main priority for Dec is to qualify for the knock out stage in CL...because it will bring additional income of GBR11-13m...that is the fund to buy some players to enhance the squad...Expect to see Hencoz to go to Everton..and we need a center defender with Whitebred as the reserve player for this role.

"At this moment there is no possibility that Diouf will return. We have very good strikers and I am thinking only of my own strikers. He is playing at Bolton now and is not my player." - RB on EHD

what diouf ? pls dun mention his name..he is seen to be the biggest flop of Liverpool. 10m to score 5 EPL goals !! not to mention that he always split on others, always dive...this is not the style Liverpool player should have.

leave it alone..when the board decided to have a new manager...they are prepared to write off Diouf...

My only wishful hope that he can recover some of his World CUp form..so we can sell him at a price during Jan rather than free release.

diouf..
    but then i can never forget how he kiss our liverpool bird on his shirt when he scored..against who i can't remember

what a wasted player...

how excited everyone was then when he was signed by houllier after the world cup.
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

I may have a different view.

I dun see he is a wasted player. he is just a flop.

and frankly I am not excited to see him playing for the Reds after the World Cup. Indeed..I jump off the chair once i read we spend 14m on 2 Senegal players. Diao....Senegal Captian ?? So what ? We used to have Cameroon Captain before. Diouf + Diao , just jog my memory back to Titi Camera + Robert Song.

but hold on..some might say that he did well in the world cup.

Schilazi and Rossi had done even much better in the world cup. Juventus signed both of them immediately after the world cup 82 and 90. and they allso gave up hope after playing them less than half a season.

There is always 1 or 2 players played unexpectedly good during a big tournament. His form prior and after the tournament would just drop back to his normal standard...Unfrotunately..we have 1 of them in our history.

That;s why I dun call him a wasted player..

Cantona being labelled as "not good enough to play for his country" is a wasted French footballer. When he approached Liverpool and Souness turned him down and labelled him as "no disciplied" player is a wasted opportunity.

Diouf ?? No way...

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    I may have a different view.

I dun see he is a wasted player. he is just a flop.

and frankly I am not excited to see him playing for the Reds after the World Cup.

There is always 1 or 2 players played unexpectedly good during a big tournament. His form prior and after the tournament would just drop back to his normal standard...Unfrotunately..we have 1 of them in our history.
    Ah yes, the benefit of hindsight eh?

Come on. Let's be honest. Diouf v France was amazing, the feller single handedly led the line and won them that game. Okay, well not single-handedly but they certainly couldn't have done it without him. Aside from his ridiculous propensity to get caught off-side, I still remember his fabulous performance that day. His touch was exquisite, he made the French defence look like fools on numerous occasions.

And he was not just a one game/one tournament wonder. We are talking about the then reigning African player of the year. To then become the twice African player of the year.

When we signed him, we then boasted a forward line of the reigning European and African players of the year. On paper and in theory, I don't think anyone in the world could have argued that that presented a mouthwatering and potentially lethal combination.

All very well and good two years down the road after the guy has failed to perform to say that you never rated him and he is/was rubbish. I don't rate him now simply because the guy spits, which is completely unprofessional. Once I can accept, but to do it again shows that he's not a player I would like to have in my team. But I know that he is a player with potential, just never realised.

Like I said, we have a proven track record of taking players with creative potential and stiffling them into the ground. McManaman stopped going past players and just danced in front of them. The same with Kewell and Diouf.

Let me guess, I suppose 18 months ago you were moaning when we signed Kewell too?

Truth be told I was, I'd rather we'd signed Duff, but for the money differential, 17 million v 5 million, I was happy enough as a compromise. And he showed his potential in the first half of his first season, and I was present at many of those games. That he's subsequently gone off the rails, no one could have predicted. The consensus on radio phone ins and from punters here is that you don't become a bad player overnight, and there is plenty to remember of Kewell performing at the highest level with Leeds; including when he was integral in leading Leeds to a win against Arsenal before they began their long unbeaten run.

But then I suppose you'll come up with some reason as to why you thought he wasn't a good signing 18 months ago? Maybe because he's Australian and not Brazilian? (Or insert some other more established footballing nation if applicable.)

Let me emphasise again. I'm not saying I'm glad we signed Diouf. I'm just disagreeing with the notion of criticising his signing with the benefit of hindsight. If I had the benefit of hindsight whenever I make any decision I'd be rich from making a killing at the bookies.

Spurs 1 - Liverpool 1(pongolle) but we're through on penalties. Well done kids!!

woohooo!

we had tottenham hotcakes happy meal for breakfast!!! hooohooo!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

I did not mourn or get too excited when we signed Diouf. I had not even heard his name..

Then it came to World cup. he did execelllant job to beat France. But I am still in doubt how he can perform when played for LFC.

The rest is history...he showed he could not play up to the expectations.

For me, to rate a player...I always consider the price.

something like " Canon 20D is a good camera" ?
    Yes..if it is priced at SGD2600.
    No..if it is priced at SGD9900.

Is Diouf deserved to be a "good player " ?
    Yes..if he was bought at 5m to play as wing.
    No..if he was bought at 10m to play as a striker.
    And LFC was to sign him as a striker.

But I know that he is a player with potential, just never realised
    U dun pay 10m for a potential player...u pay 10m for a player where his potential had been realised to turn be a good player. LFC is not a rich club...we can;t afford to play a huge amount for "potential" player, but not yet proven to be consistent good player.

Kewell is a different story.
    We all get very excited about him when he joined LFC. me too.
    Simply because 1) he admitted he is LFC fans since childhood. I like those who love the club to play for his club..They will fight with their heart and soul. 2) his contribution to Leeds and helped Leeds to progress into CL semi final is simply stunning 3) He scored goals, and he play LM effectively.

but after his arrival to Liverpool...we all know what a player he had turned into. Again..the price does count.

Is Kewell deserved to be a "good player " ?
    Yes..if he was bought at only 5m to play as wing.
    No..because his paid is the 9th highest paid EPL players. And his peformance since arrival to Anfield..it is not even the top 30 amongst all the EPL player. Pires, and Duff are both earning less than Kewell.

Aiya...of course we won't rate the player when we signed him..We would rate the player after at least 1 year he had played for the club..
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 2nd December 2004 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    woohooo!

we had tottenham hotcakes happy meal for breakfast!!! hooohooo!
    and we play Watford in the semi. No disrecpect to Watford..but there is better chance for us to reach Final rather than playng chelsea. Hurray.....