Page 33 of 197 FirstFirst ... 82328313233343538435883 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 3924

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

  1. #641

    Default

    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



    to all liverpool fans, good night. i'm gonna sleep happy tonight for a change
    good show from the lads. not perfect yet but a deserved win though it got dicey to the end. good show of character!

  2. #642

    Default

    wa...feeling shiok man... can have a sweet dream tonight.

    Good night Sinagpore! Good night Liverpool fans!


  3. #643
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    yessssss!!!!!

    kewell played the monkey leading to the mellor goal!
    made a mess of himself between the arsenal players!

    well done kewell! ur contribution is noted although ur performance really leaves alot more to be desired.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  4. #644
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Stevie G oooh Stevie G

    back to his best

  5. #645
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near the Equator
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    I'm an Arsenal fan but I must say the Liverpool players did not give up and did themselves proud.Oh well, 2nd defeat for us, it's back to the drawing board.We cannot lose anymore.

  6. #646
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default kewell's time up?

    kewell was really bad...

    he had a lousy game yet again.. his touches were missing, his running was zilch...

    From Soccernet
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  7. #647

    Default

    wohoo! so long never so shiok liao! Damn happy.


    3 losses in a row would be disastrous. There is something really solid about this team and I hope they continue to find their potential and form and hopefully luck.

  8. #648

    Default

    congrats to pool fans. Mellor's goal was a beauty....unstoppable.

    ima gunner fan...sad to see gunners yet playing such a bad game...cant they see they cant juz score one and start to defend....always the same tactics...i really wonder why.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  9. #649
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Potong Pasir
    Posts
    149

    Default

    4-5-1, Rafa made a good move playing this formation. Totally cut out Arsenal's midfield leh. It is really good to see the midfield pushing up.

    A gem of a goal by Mellor! Hope there's more to come

  10. #650
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,532

    Default

    it is me bad to earlier predict a score for Liverpool to be beated by 2 goal margin. When most of us believe we could win...we failed...but when we are a bit down..then the team sparkled the fire.

    Points to note :

    1) Rafa changes
    a) Finnan and Riise - Both are used to play and bought to play as defender. But are being played as midfielder so far this season. back to their comfort role...they performed much better than Josemi+Traore. They both keep Ljunberg+Pires quiet, quick, and assist to attack and did numbers of crossing. THey are playing like a wing back.

    2) Gerrard - he is the missing element in the last 10 games. He's back..he is everywhere. Playing along with such a captain..others are motivated to fight for a victory. I dun believe he is handled a free role from Rafa (this is not Rafa style) but his desire and hungry for success had pushed him to go forward to fight for every ball. In comparison , Although Viera had scored a goal..but his unsporting behavior to dive without Hamann touched his hair (he has hair anyway) really make him ugly. Shame on u.

    3) Arsenal is beaten by a good team. Even Wenger praised Liverpool after such a performance.. Not like MU beaten Arsenal by cheating, diving for penalty, offside. The good point is...we pick up no yellow cards. This is a class of Liverpool..the Liverpool culture that earn the respect.

    4) Arsenal is totally outplayed by Liverpool in the 1st half..Shot on and off target is 0. Could u believe that ?? I wonder whether Liverpool is damn good or the gunners is really off form last night ??

    5) Striker - the strikers are being played on the striking depart rather than warming up the bench where the midfielder are to learn how to play as striker.

    6) Villa, M'boro lost..and Everton drew...a good result for Liverpool favour.

    7) Kewell did not reallt have significant contribution. Besides of the header that Lemon managed to get it. The worst is that he gave away too many possesion. And I could not believe that his contract with Liverpool had made him top 9 best paid player in EPL...his performace so far after joining the Reds, are no way near the top 30 best EPL player. If Diouf is a flop...he is too.
    as cheesecake,
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    kewell was really bad...

    he had a lousy game yet again.. his touches were missing, his running was zilch...

    From Soccernet
    Hope the momentum will go on..as Gerrard said " we are aiming higher than 4th seating".

  11. #651
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    it is me bad to earlier predict a score for Liverpool to be beated by 2 goal margin. When most of us believe we could win...we failed...but when we are a bit down..then the team sparkled the fire.

    Points to note :

    1) Rafa changes
    a) Finnan and Riise - Both are used to play and bought to play as defender. But are being played as midfielder so far this season. back to their comfort role...they performed much better than Josemi+Traore. They both keep Ljunberg+Pires quiet, quick, and assist to attack and did numbers of crossing. THey are playing like a wing back.

    2) Gerrard - he is the missing element in the last 10 games. He's back..he is everywhere. Playing along with such a captain..others are motivated to fight for a victory. I dun believe he is handled a free role from Rafa (this is not Rafa style) but his desire and hungry for success had pushed him to go forward to fight for every ball. In comparison , Although Viera had scored a goal..but his unsporting behavior to dive without Hamann touched his hair (he has hair anyway) really make him ugly. Shame on u.

    3) Arsenal is beaten by a good team. Even Wenger praised Liverpool after such a performance.. Not like MU beaten Arsenal by cheating, diving for penalty, offside. The good point is...we pick up no yellow cards. This is a class of Liverpool..the Liverpool culture that earn the respect.

    4) Arsenal is totally outplayed by Liverpool in the 1st half..Shot on and off target is 0. Could u believe that ?? I wonder whether Liverpool is damn good or the gunners is really off form last night ??

    5) Striker - the strikers are being played on the striking depart rather than warming up the bench where the midfielder are to learn how to play as striker.

    6) Villa, M'boro lost..and Everton drew...a good result for Liverpool favour.

    7) Kewell did not reallt have significant contribution. Besides of the header that Lemon managed to get it. The worst is that he gave away too many possesion. And I could not believe that his contract with Liverpool had made him top 9 best paid player in EPL...his performace so far after joining the Reds, are no way near the top 30 best EPL player. If Diouf is a flop...he is too.
    as cheesecake,

    Hope the momentum will go on..as Gerrard said " we are aiming higher than 4th seating".
    yeah yeah yeah!!! LIVERPOOL!!!!!!

    hopefully kewell can fin dback his form, little by little!!

    hohoho!!!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  12. #652

    Default all the way

    Liverpool with this form can win all the way liao......

    and not to forget to thrash MU like never b4!!!!!!!!!!

  13. #653

    Default

    silly me of not finding this thread just now.

    Anyway, I still can't get over how Alonso's side-footed goal shot can be so powerful. That is really some control.

    And reading from BBC, Wenger said that the Mellor's goal was not good but bcos Arsenal make mistake. Hmm ... give me a shot at 20 yards like that and it swerve past lemmon in that manner .... that cannot be a bad goal ...

  14. #654
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Bedok Reservoir
    Posts
    395

    Default

    it's wenger..wat's new??

    Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    silly me of not finding this thread just now.

    Anyway, I still can't get over how Alonso's side-footed goal shot can be so powerful. That is really some control.

    And reading from BBC, Wenger said that the Mellor's goal was not good but bcos Arsenal make mistake. Hmm ... give me a shot at 20 yards like that and it swerve past lemmon in that manner .... that cannot be a bad goal ...

  15. #655
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    silly me of not finding this thread just now.

    Anyway, I still can't get over how Alonso's side-footed goal shot can be so powerful. That is really some control.

    And reading from BBC, Wenger said that the Mellor's goal was not good but bcos Arsenal make mistake. Hmm ... give me a shot at 20 yards like that and it swerve past lemmon in that manner .... that cannot be a bad goal ...
    it reminds me of Biscan goal agaisnt fulham...hahahaaa....
    side footed is less powerful..u are correct..but very accurate.. If uf can practice the side footed way with a stunning power...then u are like henry...and beckham...most of the free kick taken by side footed. We are paid to work on PC and click on mouse, while they are paid to kick the ball...1 week of their hard work is more than u working for the whole year..Imagine your cheque is GBP80k a week !!!

    No doubt ALonso is very good footballer.


    Mellor goal is not good..But good enough to win Goal of the week, good enough to beat a no-good keeper Lemon, and good enough to win the game against a no-so-good team Arsenal..

    His statement, we could understand and Cantonese would call them - fell on the ground but grab a handful of sand.

  16. #656

    Default

    never mind la...don't care what ppl say la, as long as we're happy with what we saw last night hee...

    oooohh....i'm still in cloud nine

  17. #657

    Default

    Mellor's goal had a lot of luck in the build-up of the chance but the way he took it showed an instinctive goal poacher's touch. that was the kind of goals shearer can put in. it was utterly instinctive and he didn't even need to think about it. the swerve of the ball, the placement, the pace was perfectly calculated. forget about mellor being a non-entity in the game for a moment, he was trying hard but doing little and maybe some experience would do him good. he lacks pace, he's strong but not intimidatingly so, and he's not the biggest chap on the pitch but he showed a goal scoring instinct that you cannot teach in a player, only cultivate. but he needs to develop an all-round game; learn to play the ball, to move off the ball (which he did well, in the first goal) and to make space for himself. then he would be really deadly. i have high hopes for him as he could be the finisher we need. with xabi alonso and gerrard spraying the passes, mellor could be the one to put them in. i hope rafa will give him time to develop rather than let him go, he could be the focal point of our attack in the future. baros or cisse (or pongolle) are pacy players and i think they would do well playing off mellor, with kewell and nunez (or garcia) running in from wide.
    it was a great win. just to note though, we had not yet shown ourselves to have "turned the corner" ; to quote gerrard houllier everytime we win a match under him. the finishing was still not sharp enough, we're short of width (kewell, wake up!) and the defence can get intimidated and panic when faced with pacy players and quick passing.
    i will treasure this win for a long time to come but i would be willing to trade it for a 10 match winning streak over teams like boro, charlton, everton, etc.
    i do hope this win will give the lads confidence that they can match anybody and beat them fair and square. no need for fergie mind games or intimidation tactics here.
    let's hope we see more improvements and hopefully some consistency.

  18. #658

    Default

    also, issit just me or we huffed and puffed a lot more during the second half? players seemed to still lack the fitness to maintain a high tempo game for the full 90 minutes and also lack the savvy to be able to dictate the pace of the game.
    still, it was a hard-fought match and the spirit they showed was remarkable. fought for every ball, closed down well most of the time and always looking for the goal (under houllier, we may have rolled over and died after the equaliser),

  19. #659
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    hmm side footed very accurate meh?

  20. #660
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Somewhere out there
    Posts
    183

    Default

    if liverpool can put up such performances, or even 85% of it, consistently, then im sure finishing amongst the top 3 is possible ... keeping my fingers crossed

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •