Page 31 of 197 FirstFirst ... 62126293031323336415681 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

dunno what to say....but one thing for sure, me very disappointed and my heartbroken

so disappointed. we're still depleted in terms of strike options but the team should still have done better. the midfield is at almost full strength and really should have done more. they just seemed not to be in the game at all. defence.... sigh!!
    well, on to next match. i hope the lads can pull themselves up. was so proud to be a liverpool fan when i heard the chorus of "you'll never walk alone" at the end. liverpool fans are the best in the world, that i do believe. they had always hung by the team through thick or thin (mostly thin these days) and never stopped supporting the side, unlike some man utd, arsenal or chelsea "fans". it's time for the team to live up to those who put so much faith in them.
    kinda feel that we have a good team but we're not a class above the other also-rans in the leagues unlike the big 3 (man utd, arsenal and chelsea). we lack believe and more importantly, magic. we need a special player! gerrard can provide the life to the team when he comes back but we do need someone who can do the unpredictable. and the backline need to shape-up (carra excluded, he's just so great) or we'll need to recruit some who could cope. forget about blaming rafa for zone defending, etc. they are professionals and they had time to learn. i just see no improvements at all so far and they seem to go downhill with every games.
    this season, i hope we can make the champions league for we cannot afford the financial repercussions of not making it but i seriously don't feel that we have more than a 50-50 chance unless the team shapes up.
    c'mon red! just do your best and no one will blame you for anything.

why isn't mellor starting?!?!?!?
    i think given the chance..he will come good...very good!
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

was that Liverpool playing ? Was hoping that Mellor would get a chance also. Garcia and Kewell were hardly threatening and Xabi definitely not his usual self.

maybe the next game will be better.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

I earlier predict Liverpool would loss 1-2..

But Rafa started the game without a striker....dream on to score a goal.

We lost 2-0 is a fair result...we played like ****.

Kewell/Garcia were supposed to play as striker...but they still played as the supporting role..None of them was actually stay in the box to receive the ball when attack....2 of them + 4 midfielders were most of the time stay outside the box...How to score.. ??

Football is about scoring..if u dun have striker...u are not to score...Although u might argue that midfielder can score too..Right. Paul Schole scored a wonderful goal against Charlton..Look at when his position..He was inside the penalty box... Even though for long range shoot...there need a striker or 2 to stay inthe box to take on 2-3 defenders to free up space for the midfield to shoot from outside the box.

Boro defender just sit around the box and we had no idea how to break through.

In my opinion, Garcia goal should be disallowed..it is offside. Zenden stand..he is on site.

No complain about the result..

The only question is - Rafa.. What is he thinking about ?? play no striker in a football match is nothing than we are prepared to lose the game before the whistle is blowed.

Challenge 4th seat is still achievable..We still have 1 game on hand...we must win and hope aston villa defeated tonite...

Some opinion on Players
    a) Gerrard really need more match to come back to his level.
    b) Traore - was caught in wrong position several times..Partially the culprit for the 1st goal...
    c) very good performance... One of his best game i ever see...he is our Beckham...let alone the quality of the cross...but he really cross a lot...even though he later changed to RD...he is still very attacking minded.
    d) Hamann had done ok to intercept attack flow. othing too specatcular.

I am more to lament Rafa decision to play Kewell and Garcia, (for me it meant to prepare to loss the match) rather than losing 2-0 to Boro.

Quote Originally Posted by kop
    we fail to score is a big problem. if we fail to score PLUS fail to defence.....DISASTER

this was what i've said in my earlier post.

i'm as puzzled as all of you, i don't understand why rafa did not play any of the two back up strikers. i've also mentioned before that they would be very motivated and play their heart out knowing that this is their best chance to prove their worth. if rafa feels that the strength of the team would be depleted by fielding two backup strikers at the same time, he should have fielded at least one of them. after all, they are strikers by nature. this is still better than fielding a pair of make shift striker

garcia goal should have stood
    when the ball was played thru..he was on side..only when the boro player deflected the ball into his path was he offside..but since it was deflected into his path by a boro player..he isn't considered offside..it's like intercepting a back pass to the keeper while in an offside position..no offside

regarding zenden goal..when i saw it live..i tot 100% offside..but when i saw the replay..i would say it's a touch n go decision..veri veri marginal..on another day..it would have been offside..but i am not complaining..pool deserved to lose on that day

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    I earlier predict Liverpool would loss 1-2..

But Rafa started the game without a striker....dream on to score a goal.

We lost 2-0 is a fair result...we played like ****.

Kewell/Garcia were supposed to play as striker...but they still played as the supporting role..None of them was actually stay in the box to receive the ball when attack....2 of them + 4 midfielders were most of the time stay outside the box...How to score.. ??

Football is about scoring..if u dun have striker...u are not to score...Although u might argue that midfielder can score too..Right. Paul Schole scored a wonderful goal against Charlton..Look at when his position..He was inside the penalty box... Even though for long range shoot...there need a striker or 2 to stay inthe box to take on 2-3 defenders to free up space for the midfield to shoot from outside the box.

Boro defender just sit around the box and we had no idea how to break through.

In my opinion, Garcia goal should be disallowed..it is offside. Zenden stand..he is on site.

No complain about the result..

The only question is - Rafa.. What is he thinking about ?? play no striker in a football match is nothing than we are prepared to lose the game before the whistle is blowed.

Challenge 4th seat is still achievable..We still have 1 game on hand...we must win and hope aston villa defeated tonite...

Some opinion on Players
    a) Gerrard really need more match to come back to his level.
    b) Traore - was caught in wrong position several times..Partially the culprit for the 1st goal...
    c) very good performance... One of his best game i ever see...he is our Beckham...let alone the quality of the cross...but he really cross a lot...even though he later changed to RD...he is still very attacking minded.
    d) Hamann had done ok to intercept attack flow. othing too specatcular.

I am more to lament Rafa decision to play Kewell and Garcia, (for me it meant to prepare to loss the match) rather than losing 2-0 to Boro.

Was the ball deflected by Boro defender ??

If it was...then the goal should have stood.

Btw...I feel that Traore was really at fault for the first goal.

The cross was from the resulting corner, Garcia (i think) failed to clear
    the ball. The ball fell to Downing, he crossed it in.

Hyppia went to the right to shadow a centerforward. Riise was at the edge
    of the box, traore was the last man to the left, he saw the ball coming in
    but did nothing, did not step up to guard a forward running Riggot, simply ball watching like us and the audience ...& Riggot having a simple tap in.

Maybe Riise is also at fault there, but the replay clearly showed Taore was
    just standing there ....ball-watching!!

After playing well for a few games, Traore's old habit comes back again to
    haunt Liverpool!!! Damn!!

What do u guys think ?

Anyway.. we have now Monaco and Arsenal to worry on the coming weeks.

As mentioned earlier.. I am more concerned about who is going to play the striker...Would prefer Mellor to be there..
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 23rd November 2004 at 09:07 AM.

Sad but true article from the media on LFC web.

(Click Here )

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    Sad but true article from the media on LFC web.

(Click Here )
    i think that's something most liverpool fans know in our hearts. we fervently want to believe we can challenge but we are just a step down from the big boys. like it or not, the smaller teams like boro, charlton and bolton had closed the gap during the houllier's reign (i'm not gonna blame him for this exclusively though, he did what he could with what he had). we are now a mid-table side, one of the better ones, of course, but not a title challenger. and if we look at our reserves and the big three's reserves, we could be even further behind in the future.
    still, i'm hopeful and i do think rafa is a good manager but as to whether we can pull ourselves up to the heights again depends not just on him but on the board, the players and the ability of the academy to produce world-beaters.
    i do believe that rather than a chelsea style splash, we can do it with smart buying, youth development (ala ajax and auxere) and molding the players into a cohesive team.
    i hope we can win tonight. will be tough but if the team can pull together....
    hope to see both pongolle and mellor on field at some time, i do feel they can play together.
    You'll never walk alone

1-0... not again

one of those games...
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

bloody blind ref
    gonna be tough now

No, it was going to be tough before the game. We needed one win from two games, with no strikers. You can imagine my excitement with the boy Luis went down and immediately started twirling his finger asking to be substituted. Deep irony that Stevie G was the first one on the scene to have a look. My first away trip with the boys (am in a hotel room somewhere in the south of France) and I must say all things considered, it could have been a lot worse. Another dodgy refereeing decision but to be honest from the lineup and from the performance the best we could have hoped for was 0-0 cause we were never going to score. And I hate to say it, but I really can't see us scoring between now and the transfer window. Heh it was great fun. 10 minutes after Luis went off, Mellor pulled up clutching his sides too. I thought whoowhee. And of course, Josemi, who came on for Luis, had to go off himself too.

This injury thing is hardly funny. Local TV just put that dodgy sequel to that flight 180 film - the one about premonitions and not being able to cheat death, damn if I remember the title. About the only thing that wasn't on in French, aside from BBC World which I've watched too much over the last week and a half in hotel rooms. I'm starting to wonder if Liverpool have got an injury list too that we cannot avoid... Ah yes, Final Destination I think was the title of the original.

Whoopedeedoo.

wat ??? lost again..not even manage a draw..

yeah..u can blame the referee for the handball. But really luck is not on our side...We lost Garcia and Josemi (oh gods, pls give Josemi a rest) more injuries...Wonder why Luck is not always on my side.

A 2-0 win over Olympiacos in the final group game will be good enough to proceed t next stage. Anything less than that and we will have to rely on Deportivo to beat Monaco. I believe Depo will fight all the way for their last game...to win the 1st game in CL..and to help the Spainard.

Deja vu ? Few seasons ago we need to beat Roma 2-0 to go to 2nd stage.. But at that time..we had striker..and the defend was not leaking goals as we do now.

This Saturday vs Arsenal. If Reyes, Pires, and Henry are fit to play...my prediction is

lose by 2 goal margin if playing at Anfield.
    lose by 3 goal margin if playing at Highbury. (pls dun flame me..I am just realistic)

btw... a shocking rumour on Liverpool transfer target - unknown striker Stephen McPhee.

What is good about him ?? I dun know...but he is a Scot.

Yes..i am superstitious when come to Liverpool and Scot.

Historically LFC always has a Scot in its most successful teams...Maybe bcos the 'father' of modern LFC Bill Shankly himself is a Scot.

From mid 1970s to late 1980s, we had famous Scots like Souness, Dalgish, Hansen.. during the Treble Cups years we had McCallister.

Yes.. we need a Scot!

i want a England captain. Stevie G should be the England captain, not beckscum.

At the rate we're losing players due to injuries, we might be seeing the likes of Potter, Welsh, Partridge etc. playing in the league games.
    Last edited by zhapchit; 24th November 2004 at 08:19 PM.

Unhappy

When will Liverpool become the Superhouse of Football again???

How long must i wait????!!!!