Page 29 of 197 FirstFirst ... 41924272829303134395479 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

each has different view...that makes the forum and discussion interesting..
    but i personally think that Josemi was really the person to blame for the qst goal...i share the view with the match commentator. Both in the games Blackburn and CP, it was so clear cut that there is no offside at all. Josemi was at wrong position.

I did not critise Baros overall performance... i think he did great to score a hattrick. I really appreciate his effort..and we also saw that Baros was working really hard...he chased after the ball...the whole team really defend like a team...

But if Baros can use/invite teamate into the more...we would have controlled the game more and scored more goals...If u think running into defenders and lost the possesion is a good job...then why Rafa ask Baros to head up to pass the ball to others who are better in position ??

I agree that defenders hate striker running into the box and into them...it would create dangers. Because either he can striker himself or others can striker. But running the ball into the box and lost the ball, what is so dangerous ??

of course..u can argue that because of his style..he scored us a hattrick..

had he changed his style...he would not score us anymore goal..

that is only if and debatable.

I would believe and even Rafa believe that if Baros can further improve his game and help the team overall to play better had he would considered other options rather stick the ball to himself.

as quoted "We will show Milan the video of this match and point out the areas where he may have chosen a different option, where he can do the things we have talked about."

again...dun get me wrong here...I rate Baros is a good striker. he could improve and help the team had he used his teamate wisely. this is the point that I am showing my opinion, rather than "whether he is a good or bad" striker.

as I pointed earlier...Henry/Ronaldo is one of the best. not only they can score...they help their mate to score as well...

If baros and cisse can score and help others (each other, and the midfielder) to score as well...we will become the force once again....
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 16th November 2004 at 11:26 AM.

i won't complain much if he's scoring the goals. But it will be good if he can improve on that aspect of the game. Having a Baros that likes to run at defenders is better than having a Heskey who.. hmm ..

Quote Originally Posted by totofile
    i won't complain much if he's scoring the goals. But it will be good if he can improve on that aspect of the game. Having a Baros that likes to run at defenders is better than having a Heskey who.. hmm ..
    I will not complain if he is scoring goal...but if he score 1 goal and wasted mouthful of opportunities and the defense conceded 2 goals....and the end result is liverpool losing 1-2...then how leh ??

I am against running at the defenders...I am concern the final product..either he can striker or help others to striker..but definately not lossig possesion.

it is nothing individual..if he can run in to defenders...inside the box...If he is fouled and we are awared penalty..great...

if he can strike...great...if he can free up the space for Riise and Garica to come in ( as the game vs CP) and pass the ball to them to striker...great...

but losing the possesion eventually...is nothing great...of course tghe dribbling moment is very entertaining and offers plenty of excitement.

may be I shall also highlight another ex-Liverpool player...Peter Beardsley. he could do dribble better than Rush...Not only he could score...his play was very smart..he took on defenders. he strikerd or released the ball to Rush or John Barnes, whom were better position than him and not so man-marked.

And pls dun compare Heskey to Baros.. During GH, Heskey had a role to play..that is to support Owen..whom is a out and out striker..That;s why when Owen was fit...Baros on the bench..

Look at Paul Scholes at MU...when he was being asked to play supporting striker to Ruud..he sucked as well...and he did not score many goals...and I am sure..heskey scored more goals than Scholes when both were playing supporting striker...behind owen and ruud respectively.

i rested on Baros issue ...simply if not baros...what else can we do ?? mellor and signama not up to standard..

I can only hope he can keep scoring hattrick...he change and use his mate wisely...and overall help the team to score together..like the way Macca-Fowler partnership...

btw...we played our youngester+reserve+unwanted (hencoz) players to beat 1st team Middlesbrough a week ago by 2-0. with 1st team squad and the return of hunger Gerrard, we should be the winner of the upcoming EPL...provided Josemi won;t let "goal" again...

I think Josemi is better than playing at slower pace CL and use wing less effective as EPL team...and he really does a lot of great and mercyless tackle...

Would like to see Finnan in action..he is at least a little bit faster than Josemi (although i think int he current squad..the best to play right defender is Carrager). Finnan can attack and oftenly come to assist in right flank.

Under Rafa, liverpool is more attacking...all out to attack.. Finnan might have a role to play..

My prediction for the match against Middlesbrough on 20-Nov : Liverpool win 2-1.

i think everybody especially liverpool fans agreed that baros is a good player. that's no doubt about that. he has good ball control and pack a powerful strike at goal. he can plays with both legs which is very important as a striker. i'm really pleased with his quality in these aspect. however, if he could improve in his awareness of the game, he could be a even better player. There are many occasions that his team mates were in a better position than he was but because he was busy running with his head down, he wasn't aware and thus many golden opportunities were wasted.

I hope RB can help him to improve in this area and we'll see a world class baros in the near future....but of course still in liverpool shirt

Quote Originally Posted by kop
    i think everybody especially liverpool fans agreed that baros is a good player. that's no doubt about that. he has good ball control and pack a powerful strike at goal. he can plays with both legs which is very important as a striker. i'm really pleased with his quality in these aspect. however, if he could improve in his awareness of the game, he could be a even better player. There are many occasions that his team mates were in a better position than he was but because he was busy running with his head down, he wasn't aware and thus many golden opportunities were wasted.

I hope RB can help him to improve in this area and we'll see a world class baros in the near future....but of course still in liverpool shirt

precisely as what I tot....well said.

I'm not in any way denying that he runs looking at his bootlaces. I am disagreeing with the idea that Rafa couldn't stand it anymore and had to vent his frustration to the press. No such thing happened.

I believe the case is Rafa is aware of Baros's shortcoming and will definitely help him improve as a player (without looking at the ball when you dribble) and create chances for his teammates. When he is able to do that...
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jed
    I'm not in any way denying that he runs looking at his bootlaces. I am disagreeing with the idea that Rafa couldn't stand it anymore and had to vent his frustration to the press. No such thing happened.
    hahahaa...true true...Rafa is not feeling frustration...he is a steady man...me just over /exaggerate the situation of the comment he give to baros.

hope rafa can train up baros to use other options...then he will be our real super star..like Peter Beardsley during 80s.

And i believe Rafa has the ability...he showed us he can train up traore and biscan...provided that baros is willing to learn...study more on the video session to review those incidents.

can't wait to see him scoring again against Middlesbrough.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 17th November 2004 at 12:05 PM.

Actually, half the world doesn't seem to have a clue either. Especially when they seem to keep changing the rule every other season and they don't tell the referees, who eventually find out at different times and then overcompensate...
    Yeah.. i rem last season, Rudd Van Nistelroy scored a couple by standing in a offside position, run back to onside during free kick then back out to score a few goals. on other occasions, other players in offside position was deemed to be NON-Interfering and thus goal stands.... quite confusing and i think for live telecast matches, Referee shd be given the chance to review esp key incident like goal, penalty etc, just like NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by laugh
    Its hard to criticise Milan given he has scored a hattrick.

He will just have to watch the tapes, be more situational aware and be a better player.

In fact, everyone in the team needs to do that.
    Actually i think in this match, Baros did show his sense of awareness as he pull the ball back a couple of times. I rem one incident whereby he went to byline and pull back for garcia, but the shot was blocked....

He can certainly improve, so can Xabi etc...

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    i rested on Baros issue ...simply if not baros...what else can we do ?? mellor and signama not up to standard..
    Hehe... did you not read Ian Rush saying that Mellor is the best natural finisher in Liverpool for the past few years, and that's with the micky mouse ard!

I do feel that given more opp, mellor and signama will be very good players. Mellor can score with very few chances hence people regards him as natural finisher. It's true that he's not the quickest, but so is GOD(Fowler). Heck, even Ian Rush and Gary Linekar is not that fast! The key is they finishes well. Always there at the right time. Mellor scores 2 goals against Boro in 3 chances in League CUp, so who is to bet against him doing it against boro in the league!

Jed... it's the press that twisted the story to make it seems like RB cannot tahan baros' headless chicken running style...

And i think most of us do agree that this is one area he can improves on.

One thing though, Liverpool seems to prefer to shoot from outside the box as compared with Man U and Arsenal, which resulted in easy saves but the opposing goalkeepers.

Perhaps, we can be more direct, esp when we play at home...

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    Hehe... did you not read Ian Rush saying that Mellor is the best natural finisher in Liverpool for the past few years, and that's with the micky mouse ard!

I do feel that given more opp, mellor and signama will be very good players. Mellor can score with very few chances hence people regards him as natural finisher. It's true that he's not the quickest, but so is GOD(Fowler). Heck, even Ian Rush and Gary Linekar is not that fast! The key is they finishes well. Always there at the right time. Mellor scores 2 goals against Boro in 3 chances in League CUp, so who is to bet against him doing it against boro in the league!
    I watched the game we won against Boro...Mellor is potentially good...but not up to the EPL standard to play as the main striker to partner Baros at this moment...

Indeed, I always feel that we need to give the youngster a trial run of at least 5 senior games to let them to do their own justification whether they should be here to stay up for the challenge..

so far..we have good potential youngster such as Whitbread (central defender, played quite good partnering hencoz), John Welsh, Warnock, Mellor, Partridge, and Potter. (I exclude Signama and Vignal, since they are not from the academy but from GH)

These players look promosing... should give them a chance....We all know that we need to buy player to enforce each department...But football club is not only to balance the squad..we also need to balance the cheq book..

We are at record loss..and debt raising.. if we are going to buy more player...I can only see debt raising...unless we can sell hencoz, dudek, diao, diouf, cheyrou, and recover that money to buy.

Debt raising...if unfortunatley we fail to qualify for next year CL..then we buy more players to hopefully buy us success...and if we fail...then sack the manager and pay 10m for compensation...and we will be no difference to Leeds. Dun fall into the Buy Buy Buy syndrome...this is not Nikon product as ESPN always quote.

MU 90's success was done on few senior players with a pool of home-made talent..we might have the talent here and we neglect them..

so far...Warnock and Mellor look quite ok so far...let them play more senior games and train with the senior. From there step by step they would develop. hopefully.................

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    Actually i think in this match, Baros did show his sense of awareness as he pull the ball back a couple of times. I rem one incident whereby he went to byline and pull back for garcia, but the shot was blocked....

He can certainly improve, so can Xabi etc...
    yes..i notice that too...he did 3 passess to Garcia in the 2nd hlalf...Rafa must have talked to him in the dressing room about this matter.

Default I Love Liverpool

Juz to see my avatar working or not. Also to say loudly I LOVE LIVERPOOL!!!!

Default Spain 1 - England 0

Several points (related to Liverpool) to make from the game :

1) Really angry with Rooney - as he throw the black arm on the the ground when being sub out, of which is in memory of former England/Liverpool Legend/Player Emlyn Hughes who past away last week.

2) Lampard and butt were totally outplayed by the Spanish midfielder...and who is it again playing for Spain ?? It is the Great Alonso..

3) Beckham sucks...owen sucks...without gerrard , england is a toothless tiger...Not even a shoot on target.Can;t believe it..

4) I hate to highlight this (i monitor this for quite some time)...Gracia is not in the national squad again...I can't remember when was the last time that Liverpool No 10 is not good enough to play for his country.

On the other match...we lost baros for 6 weeks

Shiiiittt....really striker crisis for liverpool.

when he had hamstring injury...we lost to Birmingham...He came back to score us a hattrick...and now he is sideline for 6 weeks..

The Xmas syndrome coming back to haunt us ????
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 18th November 2004 at 02:02 PM.

right on!!!
    the worst part is losing Baros for such a long spell!!!
    (esp. when he's finding his form)

hopefully, pongolle is ready to step in, along with mellor!~!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

beng.... I just chose him as the forward in the fantasy game....

by the way, all Singaporean Liverpool supporters...

Singapore lost by a goal to the Japanese team...

i was thinking, its not such a bad result esp. we are playing away!!

Go Team Singapore!! go go!!!
    GOAL 2010!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!