Page 28 of 197 FirstFirst ... 31823262728293033385378 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

Partridge Partridge! Hoping to see more of him

Josemi had a lousy game, anyone agrees on this??

still 3-2!! plucky Crystal Palace!! i thought we were on the way to throwing more points away... but thank goodness! great pass from Kewell!

Baros's first hat-trick in a Liverpool shirt!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

he's getting worse. i think he works hard but he lacks the pace to cope with fast players and many teams are exploiting that. a slow defender can often still cope by being smart and anticipating runs and timing challenges well but josemi has a lot to learn in this.
    our defence.......
    we make mistakes and get nailed for it again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    Josemi had a lousy game, anyone agrees on this??
    Fully agree with u with my hands up and legs up!

i think finnan should start and josemi relegated to the bench for a spell.

i do reiterate that we need a defender at least as badly if not more than a forward. two defenders (one experienced and one youngster even better). or maybe ostemobor or some youngster should be given a chance to be second choice behind finnan for a spell. hopefully, josemi would learn and regain his confidence. i felt he was a good player when he came and that he can still be a valuable asset to the club.
    nice for baros to get a hat-trick but we need to be less wasteful from open play. penalties are a bonus but we really should have buried them even without the penalties!

ya, realised that Baros still go on mazy runs, only that most of these runs are in fact, running on empty! there's no end product all too often!

however, Baros can improve on this part of his game play. if so, he would be a more creative and exciting player than he now is!

pretty fortunate to snatch all 3 points. the right back, which is filled by Josemi, really needs more cover. Even Traore, on the left back position, plays much better than Josemi of late! wat's going on?! haha

the 2 goals conceded were partly Josemi's fault. i still remember the goal scored by Darren Anderton in the last game. bad goal to concede...

must improve!!!
    Go LIVERPOOL!!!

p.s - tonight, i can sleep better! yeah!

hopefully RB will make some adjustment in the next game. if liverpool carry on to play in this manner, i'm afraid everton may be ahead of liverpool at the end of te season. can't imagine that happen

Carra and kirkland called up for england. good for them, especially Carra. he was one of our most consistent players.

nice incisive bit of reporting as usual, grandrake

bit of news from liverpoolfc.tv

Rafael Benitez insists Saturday's hat-trick hero Milan Baros can get better.
    The Liverpool boss was delighted with the contribution of his Czech striker in the 3-2 victory over Crystal Palace but believes there is still room for improvement.

"It is hard to talk about where someone needs to improve after they have scored goals but we will try to show him where he can develop his play," explains Benitez.

"We have talked about him playing with his head up more, seeing more of what is happening around him. But it is like wanting to teach your children things. It takes time.

"We will show Milan the video of this match and point out the areas where he may have chosen a different option, where he can do the things we have talked about."
    well, it's unanimous! Baros, get your head up!!!!!!

let's get it going man!!!!

Baros will truly flourish if only we give him more time!

By the way, Giggs is reportedly unable to snag a new cotnract extension beyond the 1yr offered by Man Utd.

i've been an admirer of Giggs(unfortunately!!) ever since i first saw him broke into the ranks of Man Utd...
    now, if only, if possible, will Liverpool sign him???

no scums please

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit
    no scums please

still, giggs is a good player and his experience would be great. he's one of my all time fave players (despite playing in the wrong red shirt) and a true winger but i think that a move to merseyside would be unlikely. for one, his wages are prohibitive and i doubt man utd would let him join liverpool.
    i wish we'd look out more for promising young players in the world market. it's very scary to see the likes of man utd and arsenal sourcing the world for and recruiting some of the best young footballers in the world and liverpool had been so quiet. we need to look to the future as well as the present and we really need to bring in some of the best and the brightest kids to anfield.

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit
    no scums please
    haha!

still, giggs is an outstanding player!!

by the way, how did anyone here viewed Kewell's performance lately?

seems to have a marked improved performance against C.Palace.

Good win by liverpool... somehow i feel if it's GH's team, we would ahve given up and lost that match!

I was so frustrating to see if liverpool was to draw 2-2 with CP. The whole team played so well (even Kewell was playing quite good football) but individual error cost us 2 goals.

Josemi - Again he single-handled giving away 2 goals, as the way he did in the game vs Blackburn. He is too slow, bad positioning, and seemed to be unsure about offside rule (pls go back to read the FIFA handbook again). When he realised he was too slow..he just waved his hand to call for offside...When the player was 10 yard in front of him..he then started to jog...Damn fark to see him doing this again and again..

Traore - Improving and steady...even go up to help to create, cross..and He could even dribble one player...amazing...

Carranger - yes he is in the England squad. I believe it is due to
    1) he is an utility player..He can play at right and left defender...and central defender as well..
    2) Campell is not in the squad.

Biscan (against Middlesbrough, League Cup) - Solid, and most improved player this season. he played like Gerrard, dribbled 2 defenders before pass onto striker...and he was everywhere.

Diao (against Middlesbrough, League Cup) - he ran like an madman....but little effort to stop any Middlesbrough player...He gave away all the possesion..I lost count how many "good passing" he did to Middlesbrough player. Somewhere all these good passes were done in midfield area...THe defenders had to rush back to defend again...

Alonso - great...passing ad vision..He is 22..When we signed him..I already felt that imgaine if u have 2 gerrard....how scary Liverpool midfield to be...

Garcia - becoming more and more hard working...very aggressive to defend and chase after the ball...needs to improve his striking/finishing.

Rafa - I was very much looking for a sub to get Josemi out before he would make us to concede the 3rd goal ...When I saw Finnan was about to come up..I cheered. but what the hell...he was on for Riise. Riise was doing very good, no injuries nor he seemed to be tired...I was really puzzled...

Finally..baros...initially..it was me who shouted that Baros is too selfishness or unawareness..he kept running into defenders and lost the possesion...without release the ball to his teamate whom are in much better position to striker/play. Now even Rafa could not "tahan" anymore and voiced it in public.

In 1st half agaisnt CP...there were so many incident that baros did not invite his teamate into play...keep the ball, take in defender and llost the ball...U could see there are several times, Garcia and Riise started to show their frustration. (after Cisse who partnered baros for the beginning of the season)

This is "evidence", shown on TV.

I did not say that Baros is a overall bad player...I rate him as a good finisher..
    He is the best when he is inside the box. He is quick to reponse, he always has an eye for goal, his finishing is qutie good...

but when he starts to dribble from outside running into inside the box...he could only see himself...he forget that football is a team sport and totally ignore the appearance of his teamate.

Hope Rafa can teach him a good lesson.....
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 16th November 2004 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    seemed to be unsure about offside rule (pls go back to read the FIFA handbook again).
    Actually, half the world doesn't seem to have a clue either. Especially when they seem to keep changing the rule every other season and they don't tell the referees, who eventually find out at different times and then overcompensate...

Honest to goodness truth, I didn't see much of the game aside from the goals. I cannot imagine how the first goal was his fault, nor do I particularly think the second was his fault either. Okay they were scored from his side of the field, but that hardly constitutes fault.

Anyone care to share?

Now even Rafa could not "tahan" anymore and voiced it in public.

Actually, you need to read/listen to the quotes careful. Therein lies the problem with newspaper articles and press conference snippets. Rafa was asked, does this head down attitude of Baros not trouble you.

His response was, well when someone's just scored a hattrick, it's hard to criticise them. But certainly Milan can play better and one of the things we're working with him is how to play with more awareness.

It's hardly what I'd call cannot "tahan" anymore. The question was asked and all he did was respond in a positive manner. Hardly criticising as some reports seem to indicate, which comes across in your statement as well.

there were so many incident that baros did not invite his teamate into play...keep the ball, take in defender and llost the ball...U could see there are several times, Garcia and Riise started to show their frustration.

If I had a penny for each time a team mate of any club throws their hands up in frustration because a team mate doesn't pass the ball, I'd be rich by now. It was precisely because he kept the ball, took in the defenders and got scythed down that we got two penalties and won the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jed
    It was precisely because he kept the ball, took in the defenders and got scythed down that we got two penalties and won the game.
    I would agree with that. If you are a defender, i think you will hate having an opponent running at you. if you go in for the tackle, you would risk giving away a foul/penalty and possible getting yourself booked.

Its hard to criticise Milan given he has scored a hattrick.

He will just have to watch the tapes, be more situational aware and be a better player.

In fact, everyone in the team needs to do that.