Page 27 of 197 FirstFirst ... 21722252627282932375277 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

dissappointed with the result...control the game...did not capitalise the opportunities...a single individual error...and we were defeated.

Garcia and Kewell..both are supposed to be good and drive the game...but failed to perform saturday.. not consistant has always bee their main problem...

Striker crisis - now we are doing even without baros...Signama played as lone striker...but he did not really play as the way he supposed to be..as an out and out striker as the way Owen used to, wating the ball to be supplied...He should stay at the box when in attack...That would take at least 1 defender and free up more space for the teamate... He did not play deep enough and never use his weapon (his speed) wisely.

Josemi - good fighting spirit.but as usual...he was very slow..his speed is not good enough to play at EPL..Out played by Duff, Riggs, and now....Gronkjaer..

Traore - aiyah...I once started to like him as an asset player...then he made an individual error (misjudge the cross) and handled liverpool defeat....It is ok...but if he continues to have such an error...frequently..wa liao...Hope he could bounce back next game.

However...I am also concerned about the financial status. Record loss !!!!! Loss the income from CL.. And could u imagine how determine/desperate ?? the board to have a totally new management team by paying a compensation of 10m to Houllier gang ?? Now...we are even struggling to have the $ to buy striker ....without capital injection from Morgan..I could only see Liverpool debt is raising.

06Nov2004 Soccer-Liverpool's record losses fuelled by Houllier sacking

LIVERPOOL, England, Nov 5 (Reuters) - Liverpool paid more than 10 million pounds ($18.44 million) to pay off former coach Gerard Houllier and his backroom staff, the English Premier League club announced on Friday.
    The club's annual statement showed a record 21.9 million pounds loss on the year and a total debt of 15.4 million.
    However the focus of the accounts given to shareholders was the 10.7 million pounds under the heading 'termination payments'.
    That comprised of compensation paid to Houllier, Phil Thompson, Joe Corrigan and Christian Damiano following their sacking in May.
    The wage bill showed only a slight rise from 54.4 million pounds to 54.9 million.
    "The loss is essentially attributable to two factors," chief executive Rick Parry told the club's website. "The loss of Champions League revenue and the decision to change the management team."
    Liverpool made just three million pounds from the UEFA Cup run to the last 16 in 2004 compared to the 14 million pounds achieved when they won the trophy in 2001.
    The club's loss is an indication as to why forward Michael Owen was sold to Real Madrid for eight million pounds at the start of the season, especially as they paid out 14 million for forward Djibril Cisse from AJ Auxerre in a deal arranged by Houllier before his departure.
    Owen was joined through the exit door by fellow England forward Emile Heskey to Birmingham City and Danny Murphy to Charlton Athletic for a combined sum close to 10 million pounds, allowing new manager Rafael Benitez to sign Xabi Alonso, Josemi and Luis Garcia.
    Benitez has already confirmed he intends to buy another striker in the January transfer window to replace Cisse, who is out for the rest of the season with a broken leg suffered in the draw with Blackburn last Saturday.
    Parry added: "The loss in itself does not constrain player spending, after all we did invest significantly in the summer.
    "It is the level of debt and future cash flows that govern our transfer activity."
    Cisse's absence has been compounded by a hamstring injury to forward Milan Baros with Benitez rating him as '50-50' for the clash with Birmingham on Saturday.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 8th November 2004 at 10:25 AM.

In summary...I think we lost the match due to

1) Lack of fire power and the unfinishing is really No good.
    2) Traore mistake
    3) and to the referee as well...(had we got the penalty, and scored..we would have killed off Birmingham aledi.

Birmingham City manager Steve Bruce said he was delighted with his team's victory at Anfield but did admit that Liverpool should have had a penalty for a handball by Muzzy Izzett. Luis Garcia's effort was cleared off the line by Izzett but television replays showed the ball hit the top of his arm, and referee Uriah Rennie turned down the appeals.

Bruce said: "It was a penalty but we had a little bit of luck. I thought it would have been harsh on us because we worked so hard out there and the decision went for us.

"I thought our boys were terrific and we have been through a tough time. It was difficult for Liverpool without their two main strikers and I always say you are only as good as your strikers."

Brother...

We are just not clinical in front of goal. As long as we fix that and be more alert at the back, we will be fine.

I am not too worried abt this result as all those in front of us all got held back. Arsenal, Boro, Man U all draw and Everton lose. Only Chelsea won.

It'll take a while to fix the goal-scoring blues and by that time, we might be further down the table

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32

We are just not clinical in front of goal. As long as we fix that and be more alert at the back, we will be fine.
    Football is about scoring goal...If we have problem in scoring..then we have a serious problem.

Wednesday against Boro...another team above us..playing at home...Baros is not ready..Only Signama and Mellor are available.

Liverpool is very inconsistent so far..one match playing good.the other one lousy.

Against chalrton - win
    Against blackburn - draw
    Against birmingham - loss

if to follow this cycle..we will win against Middlesbrough...

wa... really golden handshake to GH.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

we fail to score is a big problem. if we fail to score PLUS fail to defence.....DISASTER

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    In summary...I think we lost the match due to

1) Lack of fire power and the unfinishing is really No good.
    2) Traore mistake
    3) and to the referee as well...(had we got the penalty, and scored..we would have killed off Birmingham aledi.
    Don't think Traore made a mistake there - he just didn't get up high enough from a standing jump, as opposed to the Brummies' guy who was coming in with a running jump (this was shared by someone in RAWK and I agree).

Traore didn't let the goal get in. If you trace the event:

(1) we defended the corner like **** because everyone was expecting a cross in straight from the corner - instead, we stared at a knockback, and no one could/did get out to close down Savage's cross.

(2) if you go back even further, Josemi didn't need to clear the ball to touch, as Carra had things covered; if you were going to double-team on the opponent, clear it out for a throw-in, not a corner...

Ultimately, the error was that we left the backdoor open and between Finnan and Carra, nobody picked up Sicknote Anderton limping in. That was what cost us.

hohoho!

let us all move on! no point dwelling in the past...

mistakes are meant to be made and now, if only we'll all learn from them!

the next game will be better!! keep the smiles up!!!!!

go LIVERPOOL!!!! GO GO GO!

Quote Originally Posted by grandrake
    Don't think Traore made a mistake there - he just didn't get up high enough from a standing jump, as opposed to the Brummies' guy who was coming in with a running jump (this was shared by someone in RAWK and I agree).

Ultimately, the error was that we left the backdoor open and between Finnan and Carra, nobody picked up Sicknote Anderton limping in. That was what cost us.

for me..i reckon it is Traore mistake..No meant to argue or debate but just to show why I see this way. If Traore did not jump at all and stood still, the crossing would most likely hit him in the face. And the Birg player (forget the name who scored against us) did not actually jump higher than Traore for the header. What I see, is that Traore jumped earlier than he should be, wrong timing..And the ball came in when Traore had reached the highest point of his jump and started to land. The player behind just captilised the mistake and head in. Individual error, mis judgement on the cross.

Anderton was a free man to score ..Nothing new already.. WE are playing zone defending and not man marking. Anderton was closed to the goal but was not man marked at all. There is nothing wrong with zone defending...but the players need to be more alert and fast to react. Anyway..I am happy that the players had seemed to improve alot and get more used to the new defending method.

2 goals cenceded from Blackburn were merely due to Josemi faults, and not by set pieces as the way we conceded from Chelsea and MU.

I believe by 2nd half of the season, the defending can only get better...provided they dun play Diao.

Default the pledge

We, the supporters of Liverpool,
    pledge ourselves as one united fighters,
    regardless of race, language or religion,
    to build a democratic soccer club
    based on justice and equality
    so as to achieve happiness, prosperity and
    progress for our Liverpool.

We shall fight on the ground, we shall fight for all aerial ball,
    We shall fight all the way, we will NEVER EVER GIVE UP THE FIGHT!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    for me..i reckon it is Traore mistake..No meant to argue or debate but just to show why I see this way. If Traore did not jump at all and stood still, the crossing would most likely hit him in the face. And the Birg player (forget the name who scored against us) did not actually jump higher than Traore for the header. What I see, is that Traore jumped earlier than he should be, wrong timing..And the ball came in when Traore had reached the highest point of his jump and started to land. The player behind just captilised the mistake and head in. Individual error, mis judgement on the cross.

Anderton was a free man to score ..Nothing new already.. WE are playing zone defending and not man marking. Anderton was closed to the goal but was not man marked at all. There is nothing wrong with zone defending...but the players need to be more alert and fast to react. Anyway..I am happy that the players had seemed to improve alot and get more used to the new defending method.

2 goals cenceded from Blackburn were merely due to Josemi faults, and not by set pieces as the way we conceded from Chelsea and MU.

I believe by 2nd half of the season, the defending can only get better...provided they dun play Diao.
    I think the goal is a mistake by the whole defence, not just traore. I believe Rafa makes a mistake by implementing Zone Defending this season. I would rather he tries and fix Liverpool attacking and mid-field linkage.

As a result of the zone defending and a new defence pairing of Hypiia and Carragher, they looked very tentative when they defend. LAst time, they look panicky but at least they reacted. Now, it seems like they are just unsure of who should react cos they dunno which zone they should mark!

Default The legend that was Crazy Horse

Emlyn Hughes RIP. You'll Never Walk Alone.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drill...41109-1043.htm

You'll never walk alone.

Let's hope the new Reds live up to his image.

i've never seen Emlyn in action before...

but true to a real Reds spirit... he'll never walk alone!!!!!!!

go LIVERPOOL GOGOGO!!!

Jia you Jia you! Too bad not live soccer for me till Dec 05! Only Live commentary via the net......

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    i've never seen Emlyn in action before...

but true to a real Reds spirit... he'll never walk alone!!!!!!!

go LIVERPOOL GOGOGO!!!

Default Boro live match tonite?

Hi there..

Anyone knows if there's gonna be any live match on TV against Boro tonite for the Carling Cup? I know it's hope against hope, but just trying my luck either way...

Cheers!

Nizz

well done!!!

now, who r we goin to bring in during the Jan transfer window??

who who who???

yeah well done from Mellor as i have always insisted that he be given the chance.

I think for Jan, 1 striker will be enough and likelihood will be Morientes, which wouldn't be a bad choice if he can continue his form for monaco last season!