Page 25 of 197 FirstFirst ... 1520232425262730355075 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

My points to make after the game draw agaisnt Blackburn

1) we lament Ciise broken leg..wish him ro recover well .
    2) we need to at least sign 1 to 2 striker . Mista extended contract with Valencia, seems we have Morientes on the table now. But that is not enough. WE have CL, League Cup, EPL and FA...Unless Mellor and Signama are ready to take up the challenge.
    3) it is unlucky to play against blackburn...we have 3 legs broken in 2 seasons playing against them.
    4) Traore become asset player...he shaked his leg less when he recieved the ball...His position is good..he defend and came up to assist, and did some crossing.
    5) Josemi singled handled liverpool to concede 2 goal. The 1st goal - he was standing there and waived for offside...where the situation was so obvious that the blackburn player were on side..He realised he made a mistake...and try his "best" (running at the speed of jogging) to chase the player.
    The 2nd goal...he was daydreaming...and when hyppia could not clear the ball and passed the ball to him...he daydreamed and stared at the ball...without any single movement by him...Wah liao..i could not believe that he did not even react at all..
    6) Why Diao to sub for Hamann ?? Totally furious about this sub being made ??
    7) Alonso was improving every game...what a long pass he assisted in the 1st goal !!
    8) the last...Baros... yes he did well to score the first goal. and he was really hard working.
    9) at 67 min (or was it 62 mid) he received the ball, counter attack..run into right flank...take on 3 defenders....run into the box and finally he lost his possesion....Garcia, the free man..standing in the box and yelling for ball. He look so frustrated about Baros selfishness as not to pass the ball to him to score.

Attached I quote from my post that made weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    I still find it hard to appreciate Baros so far this season. He doesnt have deadly striker instinct ala Owen or Fowler, yet his style is too direct and selfish. Whenever he gets the ball, he will definitely try to take the ball somewhere with his head down, regardless of other players in better position than him. No awareness and doesnt bring his teammates into play at all.

Hey bro...

i think you can term Baros as Hardworking Headless Chicken?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    Milan Baros is doing a fine job of running down the defenders(reminds one of a younger owen, some time ago! haha!). i like to see him taking on defenders instead of just passing the ball back to the midfield(all the time ala some striker - kekeke).
    Not mean to challenge your opinion...but to further interpret what i meant by running down the defenders.

67th min of the match..Baros took on 3 Rover defenders...running like Owen from deep into the box...run into the defenders...without even manage to launch a strike...he lost the possesion...

We dun need to pay a player GBP40,000 a week to run into defender and lost the posseion.

I believe if u manage to run, u will also be able to run with the ball into defenders..and lose possesion.., right ?

it is supposed to be running into defenders...take up the defenders and scored, or take on the defenders and free the space of your teamate...and play the ball around and use your teamate.

I am sure when baros lost the possesion and when we all see Garcia complaining, we were all frustrated as well...why not he passed the ball to Gracia, who is a totally free man at that time for near 3 seconds ??

i think you can term Baros as Hardworking Headless Chicken?
    I won;t call him Headless chicken.. He has the direction...his direction is

1) to run into defenders
    2) and aim to score goal by himself

A good striker should be able to score...and assist in goal by using your teamate into the set up for the goal..

for example...4th goal against Fulham...Cisse fought hard for the ball in the midfield area...he ran on with 2 fulham defenders...he then pass the ball to Biscan..He actually tot by doing so, one fulham player could let go off him and took on Biscan and expected a return ball by Biscan. but biscan played it to Warnock and Warnock returned ball to Biscan and scored. A good team work , a good goal. Isn't that this is the way/style Liverpool dominated 70s and 80s ??

Good leading example - Madrid Ronaldo, and espcially Arsenal henry, are all very good strikers. They can strike (we all know) ..and they also play smartly to invite their teamate to strike..

Henry statistic so far in this season.
    Goal - 10 (top goal scorer, as expected)
    Assist on goal - 9 (the best of all the arsenal midfielders)

henry did his own job to score..and he also did what a midfielder should do..to assist on goal as well.

Although we all know Baros is not as par standard as henry...but at least he should be good enough to pass the ball to garica rather than keep the ball by himself and lost it eventually...due to either his selfishness or unawareness.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 1st November 2004 at 05:46 PM.

i think that the general opinion is that baros is a pretty decent forward but he lacks the situational awareness to involve his team mates in the play. and while he does score, he's no quite a natural goal poacher as his positioning was often iffy and by being more aware of the play, it may actually help him score more. until he can learn to do that, i'm afraid he's always gonna be a super-sub in my books. i do hope he matures in this aspect cos if he does, he can be a damn good player. at the moment he reminds me of the players in the older Fifa series, get the ball and run like siao until you dispossess him.
    kewell used to occassionally play up front for leeds before. if only he could regain his form, he may be a rather decent partner up front with baros or mellor.
    anyway, i still feel that while cisse's injury is bad news and also that we're not getting enough goals from the forward players, the main problem is still the defence. it's uncanny that a confident, well marshalled defence at anfield can become a jittery uncoordinated nightmare when playing away. those goals should not have happened, simple as that.
    let's hope we do well against deportivo. nothing less than a win to keep us alive. a draw would be iffy if monaco wins their game.

Like as if it is so easy, dribbling the ball around at such pace, with two defenders so close to you, and asking for Baros to have the time to look up and pass the ball.

it isn't easy but the pros are supposed to be able to do it. i'm not disputing baros is a good player, but to be a great one, he needs to be aware of what's going on around him. in fact, if you're alert, there's no real need to even physically look up. look at zidane, he keeps tab of the runs and before he even gets the ball he knows what to do next.
    baros basically needs to keep track of his teammates and consider his options before he puts his head down and run. i don't mind if he tries his luck and run against 3 defenders and lose the ball once in a while but to do it everytime is bordering on idiocy.
    when you play with one forward up front, it is usually not the main battle plan to have that guy run at every defender the moment he gets the ball but rather he should hold the ball a bit and be aware of teammates running into space around him.

Some good news a least. From liverpoolfc.tv:
    "The sight of Gerrard and Nunez today being put through their paces alongside physio Dave Galley is a massive boost to everyone at the club, especially as it comes on the back of the horrific injury sustained by Djibril Cisse at the weekend.
    Gerrard has been out of action since September when he broke a metatarsal in his left foot in the 2-1 defeat to Manchester United at Old Trafford and Nunez suffered medial ligament damage to his left knee during his first training sesssion with the Reds following his arrival from Real Madrid.
    Both should be in contention for a place in the first team later this month. Gerrard is targeting Liverpool's Premiership clash at Middlesbrough on November 20 for his return, while Nunez could be ready for his Reds debut in a couple of weeks time. "

LFC has been linked to everybody from bojinov, morientes, beattie and even andy johnson. Indra Shahdan next?

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao
    Like as if it is so easy, dribbling the ball around at such pace, with two defenders so close to you, and asking for Baros to have the time to look up and pass the ball.
    it is not easy...that's why i can only earn GBP40k a year to work in office and Baros earn that in a week as a footballer. They are professional player, who is trained daily and meant to do so. He is Liverpool number 2 striker (after Cisse)..and playing for one of the top club in EPL.. IF he can not do that...he should not be a Liverpool player. it is not easy, but henry, Rooney, Garcia, Raul, gerrard, Beckham, Giggs, Pires, can all do that, not to mention that they are no Euro'2004 Golden Boot.

Even Riise during his first goal againt Rover...he received the 30 yard pass from Alonso, he get the first touch to control the ball..take 2 small step run..and he indeed look up for Cisse.. He noticed that Cisse is still a distance to arrive in the box..and he decided the striker himself. What is so hard for professional footballer to run with the ball while being awareness to your nearest teamate ??

i think that the general opinion is that baros is a pretty decent forward but he lacks the situational awareness to involve his team mates in the play
    In my opinion, if he lacks the situational awareness to involve his team mates in the play, he is aledia a No Good Player. Football is played by 11 players..every one is involved...

[QUOTE]baros basically needs to keep track of his teammates and consider his options before he puts his head down and run. i don't mind if he tries his luck and run against 3 defenders and lose the ball once in a while but to do it everytime is bordering on idiocy.QUOTE]

Precisely...just keep running. and hold onto the ball, and finally lost the possesion. S-league player can also do that...There is very obvious situation that Garcia in that moment is muh better in position to score..he was a totally free man for 3 sec..But there is no sign of movement Baros wanted to release the ball to him.

And this is not once a while...I had noticed it many times...as I pointed out earlier in my post weeks ago..and it did happen that he did it again and again.

when you play with one forward up front, it is usually not the main battle plan to have that guy run at every defender the moment he gets the ball but rather he should hold the ball a bit and be aware of teammates running into space around him.
    this is what Henry is playing for Arsenal. He received the ball from midfield. Run down to right/left flank , take on 2 defenders..Pires, Ljunberg catch up from the midfield. When henry got the reality chances, he will try his luck or when he see his teammate is a free man in the box area..he will release the ball for them to score.. This is why Henry so far, has the highest number of assist on goal for Arsenal.

LFC has been linked to everybody from bojinov, morientes, beattie and even andy johnson. Indra Shahdan next?
    I am sure Rafa will sign at least 1 striker...but we have to struggle with limited alternatives from now until Jan...it is not possible to play Baros for every single match between this period.

Maybe you should earn 40k a week to become manager of Liverpool FC?

Maybe you should earn 40k a week to become manager of Liverpool FC?
    had long ago sent in my application..but KIV.

but I am more than happy as a Liverpool fans leh...

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    had long ago sent in my application..but KIV.

but I am more than happy as a Liverpool fans leh...
    Liverpool has millions of managers and i bet some didn't even earn 40 quid a week!

actually, i paid 40 quid to be the liverpool manager... on championship manager

Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    actually, i paid 40 quid to be the liverpool manager... on championship manager
    CM.... Haven;t touch it for quite a while... I have won all the champions with liverpool.... incl CL, UEfa, SUpercup and what have u... after a while sianz also, if only my real liverpool 1/2 as good!

Default Liverpool 1 - Depo 0

what a damn good result last nite..

LIVERPOOLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!

What scared???? bring on Real Madrid !!!
    We could have won 2-0 or 3-0!
    Baros and Garcia both wasted glorious 1-on-1 with goalkeeper! (i told u we need a more killer instinct striker. It clearly showed that we need to re-inforce our striker department) and Riise had a shot cleared off the line!. And more importantly, we were playing away.

The goal: Biscan was playing like Steven Gerard! Really! He brushed aside 1 player, then dribbled past 2 players and wrong-footed another before slipping a pass to an unmarked Riise. Riise calmly put a good cross in, forcing the defender to tap it into his own goal.. not lucky own goal for LFC, bcos Baros was right there to tap the ball in if the defender didnt manage to get it!

The GODs of Defence:
    Carra and Hyppia both are solid like rocks.. stupid Depo tried to play long ball against us.. hahaha! long-balls against English team.. What a wrong strategy they would ever use... But the MOST IMPRESSIVE defender that nite was.. DJIMI TRAORE!!!!!!! Just watch his excellent tackles and ball-winning last nite.. damn solid! Especially 2 memorable tackles.. 1 inside the penalty box but he cleanly rob the ball away.. another lightning quick to prevent a cross.

From the games he played for us during the last 3 weeks, and the performance he showed last nite...I had now changed my impression on him. He is our asset player...lucky we did not sell gim to Everton at the beginning of the season.

CL 2nd round...here we come...
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 4th November 2004 at 04:05 PM.

Ye lot of little faith. Did I not say after the home game a fortnight ago that I wasn't worried despite the 0-0 draw because firstly we played them off the park and secondly they really looked very ordinary?

I'm happy for Biscan and Traore.... They really didn't give up fighting for their place in the team. Good Job Guys!

ya..u are right Jed..

because Liverpool had not been performing consistently during the first 2 months of the season, although they have the quality.

They could beat Monaco 2-0 comfortably and loaded with so much attack..but the next game...they lost 0-1 to Olympiakos, where they did not even have more than 2 shoots on target.

Depo was last year CL semi-finalist and had been managed to reach CL 2nd round for the last 4 apperance in CL. Not to forget they managed to kill off MU 2 times in their home game and brake Beckham leg. They used to play short pass but wonder why they changed their style to play long ball like english team.

And our defense was so lousy in the previous match against Blackburn. That's why I am worried loh....honestly.I did not place a bet on them last nite..But look like I will do it on the next match vs Monaco.

Another moment of the match:
    IGORR!!!!!!!! During Deport's setpiece, Biscan accidentally jumped into Kirkland. His arm somehow connected with Kirkland's face.. and Kirkland was knocked out cold even before he hit the ground! I mean really knocked out! Like been K.O.ed by Tyson! It was anxious moment, but funny too..

IGOR! IGOR! he has the strongest arm among all midfielders in Europe !!! and he should utilise it more often...elbowing others like Thai boxing...hahaha...

Default hooray

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!

liverpool win!!!!!!

Blast the Van nIsteroy!!!!!!!!

Down MU DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but van damn gd loh, score 4 goals in the high standard game in europe....

Quote Originally Posted by copperbird
    Blast the Van nIsteroy!!!!!!!!

Down MU DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but van damn gd loh, score 4 goals in the high standard game in europe....
    Why MU is mentioned ?? I am not concerned at all on those team who are seating under Liverpool at the EPL table.

Default Prayer

i pray day and nite, shiting or sleeping, juz to let god knows that MU was the most hated club in the world, so god, u better do something.........