Page 23 of 197 FirstFirst ... 1318212223242528334873 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

Brother...

Actually owen cannot be consider as a fox in a box... Most of the goals he scored are from situation whereby long/short balls are played into him or beyond him and he chased it down from outside to score. So probably only Rush and Fowler can quality in recent years.

As for the team, i feel Rafa is definitely doing something right. We have scored 3-0 against Millwall away from home. Don't forget that Millwall is the losing finalist again Manyoo in last year's FA cup final. They are still a pretty strong side (minus Tim Cahill who went to Everton) and comparable to the standards of WBA, Crystal Palace or Norwich.

Moreover, 1st Biscan score his 1st goal for liverpool and now Diao scoring, that's something i have not seen in Houllier's 5 years plus reign...

I am really hopeful abt this team. Agreed with you that we need another striker but i think Finnan played reasonably well. Also, when gerard is fit, we are likly to play gerard and alonso and maybe even Hamann, thus one of the 3 can slot into the RM. Alternatively, Kewell can play on right and impressive warnock on the left. Moreover, i feel finnan had played very well in the RM role actually...

I would much prefer a CD as cover for Hyypia/Carragher or even replace Carragher... A young CD will be great!

Actually owen cannot be consider as a fox in a box... Most of the goals he scored are from situation whereby long/short balls are played into him or beyond him and he chased it down from outside to score. So probably only Rush and Fowler can quality in recent years.
    I think what Mark lawrenson trying to say that Owen always work inside the box rather than Baros and Cisse who wander around the box and not "In the Box".

hahaa.. we have diffferent opinion of Finnan. I would say he did OK so far this season..But he is not lethal enough to provide cross or deadly passing...Of course he did score a goal this season.

U are right..Kewell can play on the right..Garcia can also play on the left...

I think the scenario would be kewell and Garcia for LM and RM..and Riise/Warnock + Nunez as the backup.

would much prefer a CD as cover for Hyypia/Carragher or even replace Carragher... A young CD will be great!
    yes..agree...to add on..a young Italian CD will be great, who is familiar and used to play zone defending.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 27th October 2004 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    I think what Mark lawrenson trying to say that Owen always work inside the box rather than Baros and Cisse who wander around the box and not "In the Box".

hahaa.. we have diffferent opinion of Finnan. I would say he did OK so far this season..But he is not lethal enough to provide cross or deadly passing...Of course he did score a goal this season.

U are right..Kewell can play on the right..Garcia can also play on the left...

I think the scenario would be kewell and Garcia for LM and RM..and Riise/Warnock + Nunez as the backup.

yes..agree...to add on..a young Italian CD will be great, who is familiar and used to play zone defending.
    Actually, i don;t think garcia and kewell can both play in the same team...

My starting 11 based on current players: (subs in ())

Gk: Kirkland (Dudek)
    RB: Josemi (Carragher/Finnan)
    LB: Traore (Riise)
    CD: Carragher (Traore)
    CD: Hyppia (Traore)
    RM: Alonso (Finnan/Kewell/Nunez)
    LM: Kewell (garcia/warnock)
    CM: Gerrard (alonso/welsh)
    DCM: Hamann (Biscan/Diao)
    ST: Cisse (pongolle/mellor)
    ST: Baros (pongolle/mellor)

This is based on 4-1-3-2 with Hamann playing just in front of the CDs and RB & LB can overlaps. Also, Kewell and Alonso can cuts in and exchange side. I don't think we can play well in the flanks as we lacks an effective winger on the right like Kewell can be on the left. For variation, we can switch easily to 442 or even 4-1-2-1-2 whereby Kewell/garcia will play just behind the 2 strikers.

Looking at this, i think most fans will agree that the depth in our squad is actually quite good as we have several players that can play different positions.

The main problem is that Garcia is more consistent than Kewell.

Garcia can do more creative passing (when he is on form) and strike..

whereas Kewell can run in from left flank, controlling the ball and cross in (even there are 2 players marking him).

I would say there are quite different type of players.

of course...when we keep winning...who cares who is playing ??

Bring on Blackburn this saturday..let us extend our victory....from there to build on the confidence and moral..

Seriously...I am worried our progress in CL.

Hehe.. Brother, you kind of contradict yourselves leh... "when he is on form" sounds very inconsistent to me! Haha

Anyway, both are inconsistent. If Kewell can rediscover his form as when he plays for Leeds in their CL season, he definitely will start.

As for our CL season... i think we will still scrap through... don't worry baby!

whereas Kewell can run in from left flank, controlling the ball and cross in (even there are 2 players marking him).

I would say there are quite different type of players.

of course...when we keep winning...who cares who is playing ??

Bring on Blackburn this saturday..let us extend our victory....from there to build on the confidence and moral..

Seriously...I am worried our progress in CL.

Both Garcia and kewell should play. I'll take off Hamann and replace by Garcia. So instead of DCM, I'll go for ACM.

Gk: Kirkland (Dudek)
    RB: Josemi (Carragher/Finnan)
    LB: Traore (Riise)
    CD: Carragher (Traore)
    CD: Hyppia (Traore)
    RM: Alonso (Finnan/Kewell/Nunez)
    LM: Kewell (garcia/warnock)
    CM: Gerrard (alonso/welsh)
    ACM: Garcia (Hamann/Biscan)
    ST: Cisse (pongolle/mellor)
    ST: Baros (pongolle/mellor)

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    Hehe.. Brother, you kind of contradict yourselves leh... "when he is on form" sounds very inconsistent to me! Haha

Anyway, both are inconsistent. If Kewell can rediscover his form as when he plays for Leeds in their CL season, he definitely will start.

As for our CL season... i think we will still scrap through... don't worry baby!
    haahhaaaa..both are not consistent...but Garcia is less in consistent...at least he was on form for a few games so far this season...But have not seen Kewell on fire this season....albiet that he picked up injuries....

If Kewell can rediscover his form as when he plays for Leeds in their CL season (when Leeds reached semi-final) he will be like our lethal weapons...as Giggs to MU during their treble season. Only if ...

We need at least 6 points from 2 away match and 1 home match...I guess the decisive game will be against Monaco...

u can't play the same player week in week out...

We have to rotate between Gerrard, Alonso, hamann.

Even they are fresh and no injuries and 3 of them are on form..

I will use Hamann and Gerrad when playing away games and CL matches...and Gerrad and Alonso playing home matches and for those matches we die die must win in order to proceed into the next stage.

When playing away and CL...we need the experience Hamann to break through the attacking flows....Alonso is not very good at this...

ACM: Garcia (Hamann/Biscan)
    How woud u like to have Hamann/Biscan to play as ACM ?? Attacking central midfielder ?? Would like to hear your opinion.

It is extremely hard role to play....unless u are mastermind like Bergkamp..Even Schole was lost when he was forced to play behind Ruud and Forlan 2 seasons ago.

So far...in recent years..I would only see Lit can fit in that role...

u can't play the same player week in week out...

We have to rotate between Gerrard, Alonso, hamann.

Even they are fresh and no injuries and 3 of them are on form..

I will use Hamann and Gerrad when playing away games and CL matches...and Gerrad and Alonso playing home matches and for those matches we die die must win in order to proceed into the next stage.

When playing away and CL...we need the experience Hamann to break through the attacking flows....Alonso is not very good at this...

How woud u like to have Hamann/Biscan to play as ACM ?? Attacking central midfielder ?? Would like to hear your opinion.

It is extremely hard role to play....unless u are mastermind like Bergkamp..Even Schole was lost when he was forced to play behind Ruud and Forlan 2 seasons ago.

Hehe... Kewell and Garcia can play in the hole as they have the vision and the skill. All they need is consistency. Even gerard can play but he must cut out too many of his long passes. The only weakness i think Gerard has is that he tries too hard sometimes. Liverpool needs him but not that much. HE should learn how to let go some times. Alonso controls the tempo much better than Gerard. Gerard only know how to Cheong! haha...

I would love to see Hamann and Biscan play ACM!! That's provided Hamann scores like he scored against England in that fateful last wembley match and Biscan scoring like he did for his 1st goal!

ACM should be someone capable of at least 10 goals (EPL&CL total) and another 10-15 assists per season... In recent years, only Gerard and Murphy comes close... to a certain extent, Kewell.

no la, mistake, mistake. I just simply change the role from DCM to ACM. Backup players should be someone else.

Liverpool will play Boro, the Carling Cup holder in the fourth round at Anfield.

Let's gives the holders an a$$ kicking time!!

tear them apart...eat their flesh....drink their blood...

Liverpool 3 Blackburn 0!!

My prediction is Cisse, Baros and Kewell... one goal each! That would be nice! Very nice, indeed

Default Liverpool

i dont give a damn who plays and which country they came from, so long as they plays attacking games and better they thrash MU convincingly......

Liverpool: 5 MU: 0

Ha Ha, if that happens, i dont think i can sleep that day

buddy.. liverpool not playing against MU.... At least until next year i think...

Default mistaken

hi nemesis32,

i know, its my personal hatred to MU so i always dream and dream that that will come true.

Liverpool: 6 MU: 0

reds devil i will pray every day that the score line will come.........

Quote Originally Posted by copperbird
    hi nemesis32,

i know, its my personal hatred to MU so i always dream and dream that that will come true.

Liverpool: 6 MU: 0

reds devil i will pray every day that the score line will come.........
    Hehe... since you are praying.. why not pray for Liverpool 5:0 to other teams and Liverpool 6:0 to MU?

Default hate MU

Becos i hate MU so much that if i am damn rich, i will buy over them. Then slowly i will force the manager to sell all those damn damn arrogant players off. Then buy 2nd class players......

If they can still perform gd with all those 2nd class players, i dont know wat to do liao.....

Why bother to buy 2nd class when their current players are NO CLASS.

Actually, i think Roman is quite smart. He buys so many players then loan it out to other clubs. Then as it would happen these players such as Forssell and Cole (robino is the new signing) will score against Arsenal, Man U and Liverpool. In an indirect way, it will benefit Chelsea....

Default No Class

Correct man!!!

They are going to join Real Madrid nightmare starting right now..........

i ask god: when will i see MU being trashed by Liverpool?

He say: Well boy, you will not see it...

i ask: Y!!!!!!

He say: becos, before they meet, Roy are suffering from old age parkinston, Van Nistoroy left leg toes are unable to straighten, Howard and Carroll fighting for no. 1 spot thus end up in jail, Ferdinand suspended again for 9 mths for kicking Fergurson, now Fergurson too dizzy to think, Giggs went back to see his sickly pet dog, Rooney ran too fast thus now still searching for him, Alan Smith now joining Mutu from Chealsea facing trail, Neville brothers now wans to take this chance to be strikers so they don want to be defenders again, Bellion and Brown now wears mask in the field becos they score more own goals then Henry can score in the league, Ronaldo twist and turns so well that now lays in bed becos he is still trying to twist it back to its original position, SO THATS WHY THEY CANT MEET THIS SEASON.....