Page 22 of 197 FirstFirst ... 1217202122232427324772 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    X 1000 000!!

well done! although we could really bury Charlton Ath!
    but i'm really pleased to see the team playing so well!
    even Djimi Traore surprised me. haha
    GARCIA SPECIAL!!

the whole team played well, but the finishing could have been better!

~~ U'll Never Walk Alone! ~~

LIVERPOOL!! LIVERPOOL!!
    Yeah, well done Liverpool. You make the night soooo special.

Quote Originally Posted by kop
    Yeah, well done Liverpool. You make the night soooo special.

yeah~~ well done!
    i witnessed a very spirited and excellent performance from Liverpool and a few clowning moments from the "Fox-in-the-Box-Franny-Jeffers"! ahaha

a game in hand and let's hope the game later tonight between Man Utd and Arsenal ends in a stalemate. hahaha

Goodnight Singapore!

special goal from Garcia and Riise!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Good to see Riise on the scoresheet again

A good result but hoping to see Cisse and Baros scoring more often.

YNWA

Actually, it's Risse and Ciise

Default Game report: Liverpool vs Charlton

I've got my latest game report done. It's too long to post here, but if you'd like to read it, it's at:

LFC Through the Square Box - 04/05

together with the past games' reports. Please let me know what you think and spread the word about these reports if you like them. Appreciate your feedback.

great post-match report!! a very enjoyable read and very nice insights.

Quote Originally Posted by grandrake
    I've got my latest game report done. It's too long to post here, but if you'd like to read it, it's at:

LFC Through the Square Box - 04/05

together with the past games' reports. Please let me know what you think and spread the word about these reports if you like them. Appreciate your feedback.
    Wah.... good ar good ar.

From the Liverpool website:
    "Between January 1978 and January 1981 Liverpool went a record 63 home games without defeat."

Currently Liverpool is the only side in the Country (england) to have a 100% record at home. So far we have won all our home matches. It's good to see Anfield back to it's Fortress-best!

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    From the Liverpool website:
    "Between January 1978 and January 1981 Liverpool went a record 63 home games without defeat."

Currently Liverpool is the only side in the Country (england) to have a 100% record at home. So far we have won all our home matches. It's good to see Anfield back to it's Fortress-best!
    yup, its an encouraging sign...

but let's not get too carried away. the opponents we've met so far are not really worth mentioning, with all due respect to the respective clubs...

so far, its been great. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    yup, its an encouraging sign...

but let's not get too carried away. the opponents we've met so far are not really worth mentioning, with all due respect to the respective clubs...

so far, its been great. =)
    Yeah.. Our home form is great but away form leave much to desire...
    So far, we have been beaten by manyoo and chelsea away.. I think Liverpool at best will be 3rd this year. Mostly likely will finish Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manyoo and Newcastle in this order.

Nah, the scum are going down this year.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    Yeah.. Our home form is great but away form leave much to desire...
    So far, we have been beaten by manyoo and chelsea away.. I think Liverpool at best will be 3rd this year. Mostly likely will finish Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manyoo and Newcastle in this order.
    yeah agree, third will be a realistic goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jed
    Nah, the scum are going down this year.
    Jed you refering to Manyoo? or what?

although we r still only improving...
    and yet to gel well...
    and we've a strike partnership(baros and cisse) that's not so understanding?
    and we've 4 new Spanish players that are struggling with English...
    and 1 Spanish player yet to play...
    and we've Diao, the Mystery..
    not forgetting the bizarre Traore who surprisingly has put in 2 good performances...
    oh, did i mention Dudek...

the season's still young! and i've a feeling our season has just really started!
    the boys mux keep their heads up!!!

keep walking for u're not alone!

agreed. still feel that we are not up to the standard to compete with the big boys yet. we have a good team and are starting to play good attacking football but still a long way to go before we can match man u, arsenal and chelsea. man for man, we're still not good enough, and as a team, we're still much further behind. will need time for the players to mature and to gel as a team. actually, i feel that we may be actually less successful when playing against the big boys than under houllier. this is simply because rafa plays a more open attacking game and the team need to play their best to have a hope of beating those team. houllier meanwhile, plays very defensively and depend on the hopeful long ball to catch the teams out. this may actually be more successful against the big teams as they come out to attack us more compared to the less fancied sides. having said that, i'd rather we lose in style than to hide like rats in a barrel and pray for a lucky goal.

give rafa a season to build the team and then we may see something beautiful

by Dec...we will have Nunez (hope he can solve the problem that we are having on the right midfield...Finnan does not seem to be convincing on this role)..Gerrard....and might be 1 or 2 striker (Morientes and/or Mista)

May be we are more settled by 2005..but then the season might be gone for us...we can only challenge for 2 or 3rd placing.

Default Millwall 0 Liverpool 3

Guess who scored the goals ?? Diao 18, Baros 70, 90

Attached is the match report.

In one of my previous replies.. I said it out that in my opinion..Liverpool does need someone to play like fox in the box..

Although Cisse work very hard to contribute to the team and Baros score some goals (debatable whether he is good enough) , but if u look at the goal ratio...the midfielder scored quite a lot of goal compared to the strikers.

Total goals scored in EPL (as of 27-Oct) 14
    Scored by Striker (Baros + Cisse, Garcia mostly play as supportive striker or midfielder) = 5 (I believe this is way too low)

Attached I quote a paragraph from Mark Lawrenson

"Okay, so Djibril Cisse and Milan Baros actually passed the ball between them this time and worked very hard for the team.

However they did most of their best work outside of the box which - while praiseworthy - perhaps explains why the goals were scored by two midfielders.

For Liverpool to challenge for a top-three place in the table, one of their strikers needs to be a 20-goals a season player and for that, they have to play in the six-yard box like Michael Owen used to for Liverpool and Ruud van Nistelrooy does for Manchester United.

If they can do that - perhaps by having the awareness where if one man runs wide, the other heads for goal - then I would feel more optimistic of gaining similar results against the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United and not just Manchester City, West Brom, Charlton and Norwich. "

the full article is here.