Page 20 of 197 FirstFirst ... 1015181920212225304570 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

let us look forward to a new beginning and a fresh start!!
    the team is slowly finding their own feet and should be able to do reasonably ok!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

the best season baros had 2002/2003, he scored 9 goals in EPL..2nd top scorer for Liverpool after Owen, given limited chances to play.

So far this season, he had scored 3 goals for Liverpool...asking for 15 is not too many. I mean 15 goals in EPL.

I will convince only if
    1) score more than 15 goal in EPL
    2) He can do much better and contribute to the team had he started to use the man around rather than heading down and run down the defenders.

Btw...Titi Camara is not so much a flop compared to Eric Meijer, who scored no ELP goals besides of 2 goal in League Cup matches Liverpool goals beat Hull City 5-1 in 1999.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 21st October 2004 at 05:18 PM.

There's Sean Dundee too

ya man... these 2 can rank as all time worst for Liverpool...

Sean Dundee : Striker (1998-99)
    Date of Birth: 7-12-1972.
    Birthplace: Durban, South Africa.
    Debut : 27th October 1998 v Fulham (H). Worthington Cup 3rd Round - won 3-1.

1st team games: 5
    1st team goals: 0

Other clubs: Stuttgart Kickers, TSF Ditzingen, Karlsruhe, VFB Stuttgart.
    International caps while with Liverpool: None
    International goals while with Liverpool:
    Honours with Liverpool: None

South African striker Sean Dundee has been labelled in certain quarters as quite possibly the worst player to have ever donned the red of Liverpool. Signed by Roy Evans from German side Karlsruhe for 2 million in the summer of1998, German national Dundee arrived at Anfield just before Gerard Houllier arrived as joint manager.

Dundee had publicly declared in a newspaper interview that he was "as fast as Michael Owen." Liverpool fans would soon find out that this was not to be the case.

The signing was a strange one of sorts because his previous season saw him score just three goals in Karlsruhe's relegation to Division Two.

Dundee made his Liverpool debut pre-season in 1998 in a friendly 3-1 win at Crewe Alexandra, coming on as a half time substitute for Karl-Heinz Riedle. Liverpool fans then got a better glimpse of him when he appeared in the Carlsberg Challenge tournament in Belfast with Liverpool.

First impressions of Dundee was a very tall striker but not exactly setting the world alight. When season 1998-99 kicked-off Dundee was in the reserve team before appearing on the first team bench for a UEFA Cup tie against Valencia at Anfield.

He made his debut as a late substitute for Michael Owen in the Worthington Cup win over Fulham at Anfield in October. After another substitute appearance in Valencia he was then out of Houllier's first team until the end of April, when he made three substitute appearances but looked completely out of his depth.

His sale to VFB Stuttgart at the end of the season brought an end to his Liverpool nightmare..
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 21st October 2004 at 03:12 PM.

Default Baros vs Cisse

KOP STARS JUST DON'T HIT IT OFF

LIVERPOOL striker Milan Baros has all but admitted that his strike partnership with Djibril Cisse is a flop.

After Tuesday night's stalemate against Deportivo at Anfield, the Czech striker was asked about his link-up with the 14million Frenchman. His response was a terse - and revealing - dismissal of the question. He muttered: "You'd better ask the manager about it", before stalking off without even the flicker of a smile.

Clearly there are problems between the two and that is why Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez will be forced to bring in a new striker when the January transfer window opens.

Benitez would like Real Madrid's Fernando Morientes who has made it clear he would love to come to Merseyside in January. But if the asking price gets near the 8m Liverpool received from them for Michael Owen then they will walk away from the deal.

If that is the case Benitez will turn his attentions to former club Valencia and try to tempt Mista to Anfield. He has the old-fashioned striking qualities that are clearly lacking in Baros and Cisse. He competes well in the air and is adept at holding up the ball and linking play. In short, the type of player Liverpool desperately need.

Now my question : Apparently Baros seem not happy with his partnership with Cisse. If it is true that they can't click together neither on and off field, then Rafa has to make a choice out of 2.

if u are the Manager, which one u prefer ??

a) Someone that had been in LFC for 2 years, but still openly asking Barca to come and sign him up (pls read LFC website at here, BAROS LAMENTS BARCA BID )

b) or someone that rejected other clubs with more success in recent years in order to join LFC, and eagerly arrived 2 months earlier just to 'feel' the LFC experience

Speaking out of a LFC fans, b) is very obvious answer.

and I guess..(I guess only..dun fire me) that Baros also can't get along with Owen as well, and that's why GH didnt use him much for the past 2 years.

let's wait and see...

for sure..this is no good for the club..

hope his attitude would have changed or else there would be changes made on him..Publicly critise your team mate and the partnership is always

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    for sure..this is no good for the club..

hope his attitude would have changed or else there would be changes made on him..Publicly critise your team mate and the partnership is always
    Hehe.. I won't read too much into this. Fact is Rafa is likely to get another top striker as we only have 2 now, 3 if you includes garcia...

Even if morientes or mista comes in, i think baros is still likely to stay.

Mutu is in some kind of deep sh1te these days, i'm just glad RB didn't sign him? LOL

Apparent Cisse wasn't too impressed about being substituted during the Depor match
    "Cisse was replaced by Irish midfielder Steve Finnan and the forward hurled his water bottle into the dug-out as he came off."

Not to forget that RB was quite pleased with Pongolle's cameo appearance at the same match. mr Mellor will get his chance if he continues to impress in the reserves. And also Anfield officials are in talks with Morientes' agents.

Baros, Cisse, Morientes, Pongolle, Mellor.

So, what now?

I'm just looking forward to the next match!
    Last edited by totofile; 21st October 2004 at 05:53 PM.

don't think baros is the loyal kind of player
    don't think he has the heart of a true liverpool player
    don't think he is a liverpool fan

like it when houllier used to buy liverpool fans (hyppia, heskey, litmanen etc)
    players who will "die" for liverpool, don't have to be a scourser

damn i miss litmanen
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

"StarHub CableTV Revises Cable TV Packages With Extensive Sports Coverage

On 3 November 2004, all existing customers with a subscription to the Sports Group, except those subscribed to value packs, will have a monthly price adjustment of S$13.39 (with GST) if they sign up for a 12-month term commitment; a 15 per cent discount over the Sports Group rate of S$15.75 (with GST). More details on this offer, valid only in the month of October 2004 are available at www.starhub.com/cabletv "

time to boycott SCV and go to kopitiams and watch for free
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

the price of things to come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by akane
    don't think baros is the loyal kind of player
    don't think he has the heart of a true liverpool player
    don't think he is a liverpool fan

like it when houllier used to buy liverpool fans (hyppia, heskey, litmanen etc)
    players who will "die" for liverpool, don't have to be a scourser

damn i miss litmanen
    he always said he prefered barcelona. that kind ruined it for me. i'm fine with him as a player (not the best but he can still get the job done) but to declare this and to have openly asked barca to come and get him, that was in poor taste. if he wants to go so bad, i do hope barca goes for him and we get saviola in exchange
    mellor scored twice in reserves again but we lost 5-2 to man u still, would be nice to see him and pongolle get a run in the team sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    he always said he prefered barcelona. that kind ruined it for me. i'm fine with him as a player (not the best but he can still get the job done) but to declare this and to have openly asked barca to come and get him, that was in poor taste. if he wants to go so bad, i do hope barca goes for him and we get saviola in exchange
    mellor scored twice in reserves again but we lost 5-2 to man u still, would be nice to see him and pongolle get a run in the team sometime.
    Well... You don;t have to be a fan of liverpool to be a good player for liverpool. They were professionals and should behave so.

Just remember a certain Michael Owen was Everton fan and also explicitly or implicitly signed for Real Madrid.

Yup I agree. Baros' a Barcelona fan since young and I understand why he would want to sign for them. If he had left, it would have been because of GH. He had preferred the partnership of Owen+Heskey and overlooked Baros. But Baros went on to become the hot shot at Euro2004. It's no good sitting on the bench most of the time when you know you have something to contribute.

i have nothing against baros as a barca fan, but i felt it was in bad taste that he asked barca to come and get him. it's okay for him to be a fan of any other club as long as he showed the commitment to stay and work hard for the club he's at. if barca made a bid for him and then he said he'd be happy to leave, that's fine. all the best to him. but to declare that he wants to join them before they even made a bid is too much. it showed his heart is not in the current team.i just felt he was getting a little big headed after euro 2004.

I think he just wants to prove his worth. Since GH did not give him the chance, he might as well go elsewhere. If he is given the chance to show what he can do for Liverpool, I am sure he will stay. Unless he thinks that Barca is the 'greatest club' in the world like a certain mr owen think of RM.