Page 18 of 197 FirstFirst ... 813161718192023284368 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

Hai.. only Mr Houllier knows.
    u are right ...only he knows...

even Anelka still scratching his heads why he was not being offered to play for LFC.

ooooh!! IGOR MAY BE THE "SUPER - SUBSTITUE" like solksjear of man utd...

scoring just one minute after coming off the bench....!!!!!

Just look at him!! His expression after scoring the goal look like

Premier league defenders be warned!!

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    can't remember what happened back then.... maybe Anelka asked for more than what Liverpool can pay him or there was some bad blood between him and other players?
    mr.anelka is an unstabilising factor to any team. at least to me, i feel that GH did the right thing in refusing to sign him up(even though mr.anelka was prepared to take a pay cut).

GO LIVERPOOL!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    mr.anelka is an unstabilising factor to any team. at least to me, i feel that GH did the right thing in refusing to sign him up(even though mr.anelka was prepared to take a pay cut).

GO LIVERPOOL!!!
    Not true.. Actually you can see Anelka changed a lot when he plays for Liverpool. He really fight for the team as Liverpool gives him the chance to revitalised his career.

Even now,you can often see how hard he chase for the loose balls etc.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    Not true.. Actually you can see Anelka changed a lot when he plays for Liverpool. He really fight for the team as Liverpool gives him the chance to revitalised his career.

Even now,you can often see how hard he chase for the loose balls etc.
    he will try very hard when he's in a new team. really. like the time he did when he had a loan move to THE Reds. naturally, he's trying to impress the management to secure a permanent move to THE Reds(considering he's having hell in PSG after instigating the move from the clowns of Europe - *guess* - oops, not forgetting the 'dream' move from the Gunners to the clowns!).

so, when the move fell through, he finds himself in the blue 3/4 of Manchester. again he tries hard but when it becomes evident that things don't go his/the team's way, he'll sulk and make public his feelings. make public his availability to other teams(remember Monaco's interest?)

i don't find mr.Anelka suitable for Liverpool. in fact, i cannot imagine his sulking and his complaints IF he's on the bench like mr.Owen is now.

certain players bring with them certain qualities and mr.Anelka indeed has alot of individual qualities. but sadly, i think he's lacking in team qualities(ther are times he scored goals in the Blue 3/4 of Manchester and only a few team mates went up to him to congratulate him).

perhaps he's a misunderstood player? haha

if this is your comment on Houllier refused to sign Anelka, I would like to get your opinion on the decision made that Hollulier "borrowed" him from PSG..
    and told the conference that Anelka has more to offer to the team and he could see that Anelka has no problem to fit in the squad if given chances.

hahaha...this thread is getting more and more interesting

we talked about Liverpool managers, players etc..etc...

Shall we come out together once for a match like Liverpool vs MU ..15 Jan 2005 ? or Liverpool vs Chelsea 1 Jan ?

wat do u think ??

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    he will try very hard when he's in a new team. really. like the time he did when he had a loan move to THE Reds. naturally, he's trying to impress the management to secure a permanent move to THE Reds(considering he's having hell in PSG after instigating the move from the clowns of Europe - *guess* - oops, not forgetting the 'dream' move from the Gunners to the clowns!).

so, when the move fell through, he finds himself in the blue 3/4 of Manchester. again he tries hard but when it becomes evident that things don't go his/the team's way, he'll sulk and make public his feelings. make public his availability to other teams(remember Monaco's interest?)

i don't find mr.Anelka suitable for Liverpool. in fact, i cannot imagine his sulking and his complaints IF he's on the bench like mr.Owen is now.

certain players bring with them certain qualities and mr.Anelka indeed has alot of individual qualities. but sadly, i think he's lacking in team qualities(ther are times he scored goals in the Blue 3/4 of Manchester and only a few team mates went up to him to congratulate him).

perhaps he's a misunderstood player? haha
    Yes. I think he's a misunderstood player. I am not trying to defend him but rather let his action speaks for himself.

He's playing for close to 2 years in MC, a mid-table team at best and yet he has not sulk but plough on and try his best. He was forced to play with Jon Macken (i think he's MC's record signing as Anelka, Fowler and Macca comes cheap) and a half-fit fowler. He does not have the best supporting cast to assist him. Think Sun Jihai as a central midfielder as compared with the likes of Gerrard and Alonso. So definitely he's not trying to impress his NEW team or manager. Also,if he's up to his old tricks, he would probably ask for transfer to one of the top clubs. The last time i heard, Wenger regrets not having the chance to pair henry with anelka...

I think he makes a huge mistake when he moved to Real from gunners. But for 23m pounds, you can say arsenal sold him to finance the bulk of the current team. In fact, i think if arsene is strong enough like how he is with Vieria, Anelka will not move.

I am not sure, as i am just a spectator. But from my observation, Anelka is a changed man. He's still young and should be given the chance. In fact, i wish he can play alongside Henry in the French Squad as i feel treseguet is over-rated. But that's just me...

I attached 2 article published from LFC official website when Houllier signed Anelka.

HOULLIER - REDS STYLE WILL SUIT ANELKA
    Paul Eaton. 22nd December 2001

Gerard Houllier has insisted there is no risk attached to his signing of French striker Nicolas Anelka.

Anelka will spend the rest of the season on loan at Anfield before the Reds make a decision over whether to make the move permanent.

Despite the Frenchman’s colourful and sometimes controversial career, which has seen him enjoy spells with Real Madrid, Arsenal and PSG, the Liverpool boss is convinced he has made the right move.

Houllier said: 'I know him and he knows me. He wants to play in the next World Cup and Liverpool’s style should suit him.

'Since Robbie Fowler was transferred to Leeds at the end of last month, I only have two forwards for two places up front, assuming that Litmanen plays a bit further back.

'Considering the large number of games we’ll have to play until the end of the season, I was running short of options. During that time, I saw that Nicolas was not playing, and had reached breaking-point with his coach Luis Fernandez. I thought there might be an opportunity to take - for us and for him. It is a fantastic coup.

'Nico knows English football, and succeeded at Arsenal. I know him and he knows me. He wants to play in the next World Cup and Liverpool’s style should suit him. His ambition and his family mentality will help him settle, and his pace and finishing skills will allow us to fulfil our hopes.

'Where’s the risk? I know what’s been written about him, but I don’t care. Such a player cannot allow his talent to fade away like that. He needs to be given confidence, in order to rediscover his scoring abilities. I also think that he is more mature than he used to be.

'If we chose him, it’s because I believe in him. And if there was any kind of risk about that choice, I think it is worth it. I don’t have any doubts about Michael Owen or Emile Heskey, I just wanted one more option up front.

'I told Nicolas that the three of them would be competing for two places. I told Owen and Heskey straight away about Anelka’s arrival. They know what’s going on, and I’m sure they will be the first to welcome him.

'But Nico can trust me: he knows he will have his chance. We have approximately 30 games left to play. Nico will not be qualified for the Champions’ League, so he can play half of them. And after last season, I know perfectly well how much I will need the whole squad to win trophies.'

BOSS - I WANT NIC TO STAY
    Paul Eaton. 06th April 2002

Gerard Houllier has confirmed he wants to keep French striker Nicolas Anelka at Anfield.

Anelka’s loan deal with the Reds expires at the end of the season, but the Liverpool boss is hoping a deal can be finalised to keep the former Arsenal star on Merseyside.

Houllier said: 'We would like to keep him with us but we will see - there is the club, the player, the various interests of everyone.

'His arrival has been a good thing for us, for him and for the other strikers in the team as well.

'After Robbie Fowler left I needed a fourth striker. I think this is indispensable for a team which has great ambitions. I had been battling to get him on loan but Paris wanted to keep him.

'However, one day I heard they wished to part company, so I jumped on the opportunity and we completed the deal in less than half a day.'

May be Anelka was asking too much and the management were not convinced that he really wanted to stay...No matter how.....I dun see that Anelka was not suitable for Liverpool at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    hahaha...this thread is getting more and more interesting

we talked about Liverpool managers, players etc..etc...

Shall we come out together once for a match like Liverpool vs MU ..15 Jan 2005 ? or Liverpool vs Chelsea 1 Jan ?

wat do u think ??
    At the Singapore Liverpool Fan Club at Maxwell Rd.

Or maybe organize a trip to Anfield to watch Liverpool, can meet Jed there too Maybe he can get us onto the sidelines to shoot Time to get super tele lens then
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

I think he makes a huge mistake when he moved to Real from gunners. But for 23m pounds, you can say arsenal sold him to finance the bulk of the current team. In fact, i think if arsene is strong enough like how he is with Vieria, Anelka will not move.
    Now I am wondering if Wenger didn't sell Anelka then, perhaps the Gunner will not reached their IMMORTAL status now

Maybe there should be a bet of which EPL team will beat the Gunner's.

Liverpool anyone?
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

Now I am wondering if Wenger didn't sell Anelka then, perhaps the Gunner will not reached their IMMORTAL status now
    not much interest to discuss...not really Liverpool fans concern...

At the Singapore Liverpool Fan Club at Maxwell Rd.
    Sure ..shall we meet for the match vs Chelsea on 1-Jan-05 ??

Or maybe organize a trip to Anfield to watch Liverpool, can meet Jed there too Maybe he can get us onto the sidelines to shoot Time to get super tele lens then
    aiya..have the budget for a drink at Maxwell Road..no budget for super tele lens...neither a trip to Anfield

I don't mind meeting up for the match... It's NEW YEAR DAY though so may have programme.... If not just find a place with LCD/Plasma and watch

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    I attached 2 article published from LFC official website when Houllier signed Anelka.

these are all mind games being played and the poor victim in this case was Anelka. it was all a clever tactical ploy to make him give his best for THE Reds. haha

in the end, GH didin't sign him, did he?

Yes. I think he's a misunderstood player. I am not trying to defend him but rather let his action speaks for himself.

He's playing for close to 2 years in MC, a mid-table team at best and yet he has not sulk but plough on and try his best. He was forced to play with Jon Macken (i think he's MC's record signing as Anelka, Fowler and Macca comes cheap) and a half-fit fowler. He does not have the best supporting cast to assist him. Think Sun Jihai as a central midfielder as compared with the likes of Gerrard and Alonso. So definitely he's not trying to impress his NEW team or manager. Also,if he's up to his old tricks, he would probably ask for transfer to one of the top clubs. The last time i heard, Wenger regrets not having the chance to pair henry with anelka...

I am not sure, as i am just a spectator. But from my observation, Anelka is a changed man. He's still young and should be given the chance. In fact, i wish he can play alongside Henry in the French Squad as i feel treseguet is over-rated. But that's just me...
    i think some top clubs were interested in him back when he was happily sulking in MC. in the end, nothing came of it. why then? his commitment for the club? his wage demands?

or, the supposedly interested clubs are afraid of taking the risk to sign Anelka?

yes, he's maybe a really misunderstood player, an individual. i would like to believe so.

but maybe, its a coincidence that the French team don't want him... Real... PSG... LIVERPOOL...

he's still in the colors of MC, happily in a class of his own among the chargers of King Keegan..

Heh, come come, all come. Deportivo tonight. I leaving in three hours. If you all leave now still can make it. Just.

Grab some great shots during Liverpool's victory

are they showing this match live?

Quote Originally Posted by laugh
    are they showing this match live?

yes they are!
    hooray! SCV!!

hmm live on tcs5 but delayed telecast on cable ?

i'd guess a 3-1 win for liverpool :P