Page 17 of 197 FirstFirst ... 712151617181922274267 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

It's not Biscan, Biscan Biscan, Biscan. It's Igor... Eee-gor... Eee-gor...

Eeegor..eeegor
    and Alonso...alonso...alonso!!!
    now if only we can cut out those mistakes.......and maybe convince abramovich to buy diao for 20 million, after all, he's one of a kind.
    my joy aside, a nagging thought in my mind said that if we're to succeed, wins againsts clubs like fulham should be a matter of fact. it's a step in the right direction, but still a long walk...at least they won't be walking alone.

Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    now if only we can cut out those mistakes.......and maybe convince abramovich to buy diao for 20 million, after all, he's one of a kind.
    he is a GALATICO!

Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

Quote Originally Posted by akane
    he is a GALATICO!

he's definitely a galactico. just not a star but a black hole (he sucks all the time)

Hmm... the Alonso chant uses his first name as well... if someone wants to sponsor me professional level recording equipment, I'll be happy to record the chants next time I'm down (Tuesday... hint hint)

hahahaaa...after saturday game, I am sure we have a lots to review our own opinion..of course..we are happy to have our first away win.

I was watching the match with my friend. When I see the line up....Instead of Riise and Warnock, we started Riise and Traore....We played Diao and rested ALonso on the bench...I told my friend we were going to lose the game 2-0. But I could not believe it we did that in the first half. Really heart broken...

What I noticed Diao with his size, and the role he played as defensive midfielder,
    1) He did not win any header
    2) Hi did not win any tackle
    3) He did not intercept any Fulham passing
    4) He did not have any creative or good passing (simply pass the ball within 20m)
    5) the worst is..he was being played as the "monkey" between fulham player...Running aimless here and there to follow the ball..(traditional kampung style football) And this was how we conceded 1st goal

The introduction of ALonso...(what a different player and passing quality he showed last saturday compared to the match he played against Chelsea) reminds me the impact of Kenny Dalgish in the 80s.

With a bit luck (own goal and deflection)..we managed to come back.

But the fact that we can concede 2 goals like that in the 1st half is damn scary.. without a bit of luck and against better teams, we would have lost the match by half time..

Of course I am happy with the result...but not happy by the performance.. I am more happier to win the game by 1-0.

1) Zone defending - Hyypia is still slow to adapt this system...
    It is very obvious that when we defend the corner..the player stand on his zone and defending rather than each of them tag into one particular player...

2) No idea why Rafa started Diao ahead of Alonso..Although he explained he need to rest ALonso...I would rather play 10 man instead of 10man plus Diao. he is such a liability to the club.

3) Even Riise admitted he played left back the best.. With Warnock play on the left wing and Riise coming from left back...IT should be the combination compared to Riise and Traore.

And here I attached 2 headlines of LFC web..

1) Frustrated Florent Sinama-Pongolle has revealed he's prepared to quit Liverpool in order to play first team football.

2) Real Madrid striker Fernando Morientes has revealed his desire to sign for Liverpool when the transfer window reopens in January.

We will be seated4th with 1 game in hand if we win it...Both Gerrard and Nunez would be expected to come back earlier. ANd the reinforcement of Morientes, given 2 more monhts...the defenders should at least pick up a few tips for zone defending..We will be a FORCE by Jan....Hopefully.....and no Diao, Traore.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 18th October 2004 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    love the look on his face after his goal... priceless
    Perhaps this will be the new Visa Ad.

Price to buy Didier Drogba: 22m pounds
    Price to buy Wayne Rooney: 27m pounds
    Price to see Igor Biscan scores for Liverpool: PRICELESS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jed
    Hmm... the Alonso chant uses his first name as well... if someone wants to sponsor me professional level recording equipment, I'll be happy to record the chants next time I'm down (Tuesday... hint hint)
    I believe the anfield faithful chanted "Xa-Bi Alon-So! Xa-Bi Alon-So!"?

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    hahahaaa...after saturday game, I am sure we have a lots to review our own opinion..of course..we are happy to have our first away win.

I was watching the match with my friend. When I see the line up....Instead of Riise and Warnock, we started Riise and Traore....We played Diao and rested ALonso on the bench...I told my friend we were going to lose the game 2-0. But I could not believe it we did that in the first half. Really heart broken...

What I noticed Diao with his size, and the role he played as defensive midfielder,
    1) He did not win any header
    2) Hi did not win any tackle
    3) He did not intercept any Fulham passing
    4) He did not have any creative or good passing (simply pass the ball within 20m)
    5) the worst is..he was being played as the "monkey" between fulham player...Running aimless here and there to follow the ball..(traditional kampung style football) And this was how we conceded 1st goal

The introduction of ALonso...(what a different player and passing quality he showed last saturday compared to the match he played against Chelsea) reminds me the impact of Kenny Dalgish in the 80s.

With a bit luck (own goal and deflection)..we managed to come back.

But the fact that we can concede 2 goals like that in the 1st half is damn scary.. without a bit of luck and against better teams, we would have lost the match by half time..

Of course I am happy with the result...but not happy by the performance.. I am more happier to win the game by 1-0.

1) Zone defending - Hyypia is still slow to adapt this system...
    It is very obvious that when we defend the corner..the player stand on his zone and defending rather than each of them tag into one particular player...

2) No idea why Rafa started Diao ahead of Alonso..Although he explained he need to rest ALonso...I would rather play 10 man instead of 10man plus Diao. he is such a liability to the club.

3) Even Riise admitted he played left back the best.. With Warnock play on the left wing and Riise coming from left back...IT should be the combination compared to Riise and Traore.

And here I attached 2 headlines of LFC web..

1) Frustrated Florent Sinama-Pongolle has revealed he's prepared to quit Liverpool in order to play first team football.

2) Real Madrid striker Fernando Morientes has revealed his desire to sign for Liverpool when the transfer window reopens in January.

We are seating 4th with 1 game in hand...Both Gerrard and Nunez would be expected to come back earlier. ANd the reinforcement of Morientes, given 2 more monhts...the defenders should at least pick up a few tips for zone defending..We will be a FORCE by Jan....Hopefully.....and no Diao, Traore.
    Hi Wong Se

Agreed with most of what you have said... I think Diao is really gone case already despite Rafa giving him the chances to play. I would love for Rafa to play more of the youngsters or even the new hero EEEEeeeGor!!

As for Riise, i think he played well when he gets forward with a few chances.

Keeping my fingers crossed on Gerrard hoping that he don't rush his comeback!

Better not have too high hopes on Biscan yet.

Hehe.. i know.

Actually i felt he was made an scapegoat by Houllier, together with Diouf and Diao or even Heskey.

Sometimes, Houllier simply throw them into the deep by playing them out of position and when they are tired/unfit etc. As a result, they do not perform well.

For example, i think Biscan did relatively well when Henchoz is injured.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    Hehe.. i know.

Actually i felt he was made an scapegoat by Houllier, together with Diouf and Diao or even Heskey.

Sometimes, Houllier simply throw them into the deep by playing them out of position and when they are tired/unfit etc. As a result, they do not perform well.

For example, i think Biscan did relatively well when Henchoz is injured.
    and I thought Biscan did very very well during pre-season.
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    I believe the anfield faithful chanted "Xa-Bi Alon-So! Xa-Bi Alon-So!"?
    Yeah they do, but it's a bit difficult to get across via text alone.

I watched the match again (Fulham vs Liverpool ) last night.

Few things I noticed about Diao..

1) He gave the ball away by playing some fancy passing, that eventually lead to the 1st goal conceded.

2) He supposed to defend his zone in mid -field area however was outplayed by Fulham player. Carranger came in to close down th passing...Diao clashed with him when he quickly turned back but knocked Carranger. Hyypia was slow to close in. THe 2nd goal was conceded however I think Kirkland should have done better.

3) He did not make any single successful passing more than 50m forward..(backpass to the defender did not count)

4) Did not make any interception on Fulham passing

5) Did not make any tackle or header.

and he was playing defensive midfielder.

I am not sure what for he was on the field for...??

He was given a chance when Gerrard injured and Alonso is to be rested, I hope he can start to pack now and celebrate his X'mas and walk out from Anfield during Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    I watched the match again (Fulham vs Liverpool ) last night.

Few things I noticed about Diao..

1) He gave the ball away by playing some fancy passing, that eventually lead to the 1st goal conceded.

2) He supposed to defend his zone in mid -field area however was outplayed by Fulham player. Carranger came in to close down th passing...Diao clashed with him when he quickly turned back but knocked Carranger. Hyypia was slow to close in. THe 2nd goal was conceded however I think Kirkland should have done better.

3) He did not make any single successful passing more than 50m forward..(backpass to the defender did not count)

4) Did not make any interception on Fulham passing

5) Did not make any tackle or header.

and he was playing defensive midfielder.

I am not sure what for he was on the field for...??

He was given a chance when Gerrard injured and Alonso is to be rested, I hope he can start to pack now and celebrate his X'mas and walk out from Anfield during Jan.
    Wong se... agreed with what you say abt Diao. Actually Liverpool's strongest position is in the middle of midfield, which is strange why Houllier would have bought Diao in the 1st place.

At last count, we have Gerard, Alonso, Hamann (any 2 out of these 3 shd start), Biscan, Diao, Diarra (loaned out to lens but made his French debut).

Waiting in the wing is John Welsh, which i think is a very good player, i think he's england U21 captain for a while.

Looking at the other match on Man City, we actually have 4 ex-liverpool player in that team. James (england no. 1) Fowler (Liverpool no. 1 always!) Anelka (French No. 1 Incredible Sulk), McManaman (Ex- Real Madrid No. 1 Bench Warmer).

How i wish Houllier did not sell fowler and retains Anelka... I believe Anelka is an excellent player which just need to have his ego stroked. (ain't all the big time player the same anyway?) Houllier is just too head-strong and thus we lose a wonderful player.

Quote Originally Posted by Jed
    Yeah they do, but it's a bit difficult to get across via text alone.
    Hehe.. i actually hears it pretty clearly on my TV.

lets see what kind of line up Rafa dishes up tonight.
    Hopefully, Diao is 'rested' this time round.

Actually Liverpool's strongest position is in the middle of midfield, which is strange why Houllier would have bought Diao in the 1st place.
    Diao, Diouf, Cheyrou are the dissappointed signings that have the indirect impact on the Holluier departure. 3 of them cost us 20m. The seasons we had them 2002/2003, we finsihed at 5th.

Waiting in the wing is John Welsh, which i think is a very good player, i think he's england U21 captain for a while.
    Yeah..would like to see Welsh more on first team action. Hoep he can break into senior squad like Warnock. It is good to have the players from Academy playing behind both Kewell and Garcia...

How i wish Houllier did not sell fowler and retains Anelka... I believe Anelka is an excellent player which just need to have his ego stroked. (ain't all the big time player the same anyway?) Houllier is just too head-strong and thus we lose a wonderful player.

Folwer - I love him as a Liverpool player..Of Course I do hope he can play for the club as long as he is capable of. However, the management and Houllier might sense that the injured folwer can no longer back to the level he used to be..and sell him for 15m to finance the signings of Diao and Diouf...whether the both Senagalese turned to a flop is another issue.

Anelka - Until now I am also wondering why he did not sign Anelka ? Anelka was glad to come to play for Liverpool after another dissappointed season with PSG...He was happy and he wanted to sign for the club on long term basis. He was doing ok during the half a year season with Liverpool and he is doing great for MC now... May be Holliuer think that Diouf can do whatever Anelka did and even better. Anelka leaving is to make way for Diouf, as similiar to Heskey leaving is to make way for Cisse.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 19th October 2004 at 11:31 AM.

can't remember what happened back then.... maybe Anelka asked for more than what Liverpool can pay him or there was some bad blood between him and other players?

Hai.. only Mr Houllier knows.