Page 168 of 197 FirstFirst ... 118143158163166167168169170173178193 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,360 of 3924

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake

i'm just terribly confused at the selection of pellegrino.
    I started to feel this way after the 1st match Pelle played and we lost 2-0 to Soton. He made us 2 goal.

do u guys also notice that even we had several corner...we were not dangerous at all. So far in the box..we only have Morientes.

No Hyypia, and no more heskey..corner did not really mean something in our advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    If not for Gerrard's wonder goal, we would ahve lost the match.

Good thing is that Kewell played full match and relatively well. Morientes does not look good... i think he has not scored for many matches...
    I would rather see thing in this way...if not Pelle again and again proven he is not capable to play for LFC and easily let the Boro player get pass him....we would have won the match.

Kewell is having an OK game..He still lost too many possesion.

Morientes as I said..for 6m....he is flop so far in this season, He had lots of game under him and he really score very little goal.

Cisse should play as the out and out striker, but not Morientes. Morientes is good at 2nd striker/supporting striker.

pelle well, he proved wong se right he was at sixes and sevens the whole match. one of his worst games.

but the whole team was still disappointing.....we can only get one goal at home? that still worries me more than pellegrino. i always believe that he's a stop gap player for this season (i hope!). but our inability to make chances count is costing us.

i still don't blame rafa for trying to field pellegrino. hyypia must be fit against chelsea. it just worries me to see the depth in our side. despite everything, pellegrino is still the third choice defender on our side. maybe we can give whitbread a run but this is not the right way for a team to look.

I won't lable nando as a flop yet. He hasnt been playing in alot of games prior to joining Liverpool. Also have to take into account of the breaks in between the games due to International friendlies and CL. And also the injuries. I would think we will only see the best of him in the next season.

Pelle suffers from the same fate. He was not the first choice before joining Liverpool, having very few games under him. But i agree that his performance has been rather disappointing so far.

Let's win the CL first and worry about the rest later

let's go for the CL semi-finals.

if any team can win it, it's LIVERPOOL!!!!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    pelle well, he proved wong se right

i still don't blame rafa for trying to field pellegrino. hyypia must be fit against chelsea. despite everything, pellegrino is still the third choice defender on our side
    When Pelle play, we concede goal. I could sense it even before the match started that he was the culprit of the day.

Yes..It proves me right but I definately feel no proud of my analysis. Indeed how much I wish he could make me wrong... But that has not been the case since he showed us what he could do by playing at fault on both goals he gave to Soton.

hyypia must stay fit. Ok. But I would rather play Traore with Carra on the CD, rather than Pelle.

Pelle is not the third choice defender on our side. He should not deserve to be on the field. Unless u want to concede a goal. As simple as that.

what to do? the squad is so thin. i guess traore can play in the center but he had played there before and made lot's of mistakes too. our best choice was actually henchoz. dunno what happened but i really wondered what could have happened to make rafa and him such enemies. if we had henchoz, we would have no need of pellegrino. since we have nothing to lose now, why not give whitbread a chance?

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se

Pelle is not the third choice defender on our side. He should not deserve to be on the field. Unless u want to concede a goal. As simple as that.
    sadly he is. he is not anywhere near my 10th choice but in rafa's books, he is. and cannot blame him to seek comfort in one he knows well.
    i guess you can say that pelle is like that piece of mouldy cheese in your fridge. it's pretty damn inedible but sometimes, in the dark of the night and you're hungry, you've just got to take chances.
    if it's up to me, i'd say let's give whitbread or david raven a chance. at this stage, we have little to lose and much to gain if they do well. and welsh too. if we are gonna field a team that plays badly, i'd rather it be a team of youngsters gaining experience.

I think Rafa is doing a balancing act. If we are eliminated from the 4th spot and CL,i certainly think he will play the youngsters. The problem is we are not.

Playing whitbread etc may not be wise as they do not know what Rafa wants and don't have 1st team exp. Even our reserves team is not doing well so it's tough for manager to pick players from there.

I guess playing Traore is an option but my thought is Rafa wanted to rest Traore as well, thats why he plays warnock as LB.

just concentrate on tonight's game. hopefully the boys are able to pull off a win over the buoyant lokomotiv chelski..

tough act to follow...

Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    what to do? the squad is so thin. i guess traore can play in the center but he had played there before and made lot's of mistakes too. our best choice was actually henchoz. dunno what happened but i really wondered what could have happened to make rafa and him such enemies. if we had henchoz, we would have no need of pellegrino. since we have nothing to lose now, why not give whitbread a chance?
    I am sure Traore is nothing worse than Pelle. At least with Traore..there are matches we keep clean sheet. With Pelle, we concede at least 1 goal.

The squad is thin. But we dun need Pelle..again I said...we need Pelle to play so Dudek can pick up ball from his own net.

Can u guys still remember months ago..we play Whitbread and Hencoz as CD, and Biscan as center Midfielder...along with some youngter. We beat M'boro by 2-0 where they field with all senior player.

Again..last saturday..we played senior squad but failed to beat them. Why ?

We had no Pelle in 2-0 win..but we had Pelle in 1-1 draw.

Sometimes..u need more physical and speed to play in EPL more important than skill. Whitebread is certainly having upper hand than Pelle in these area.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 3rd May 2005 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    Playing whitbread etc may not be wise as they do not know what Rafa wants and don't have 1st team exp. Even our reserves team is not doing well so it's tough for manager to pick players from there.

I guess playing Traore is an option but my thought is Rafa wanted to rest Traore as well, thats why he plays warnock as LB.
    As a defender...even I dun know Spanish..I sure know what Rafa wants. To defend and keep a clean sheet.

Pelle may understand what Rafa wants...but he failed to achieve everytime. What for he is playing ?

take it easy boys...

tonight is a big clash. i'm hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    just concentrate on tonight's game. hopefully the boys are able to pull off a win over the buoyant lokomotiv chelski..
    no Pelle tonite..at least there is a chance to keep clean sheet.

with Hyypia, we should be at least look more dangerous from corner and freekick.

No Moreintes to waste the role to play as out and out striker (he should be playing as supporting role. This was what made him good at Real Madrid) ...I believe that Rafa would start CIsse.

We only need to score 1 goal more than CHelsea then we will be in final.

i think rafa will start with the 4-5-1 with Baros alone up front with garcia and gerrard supporting.

Think Traore will start and Riise play left mid again. Hamann should bolster the midfield.

We need to stop lampard.. that man is on fire. Deny him space.
    Drogba needs to be closed down as soon as he receives the ball..
    we need to hunt in a pack..

Chances will be few.. we need to take them when they come.

Cmon Liverpool... tonight is the night you redeem yourselves!!!

Let's ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (haha.. like kallang roar)

i'm guessing that Rafa will throw in 3 strikers.

pressure lokomotiv chelski from the start.

Some of u guys think I was just finding a scapegoat. But I remember I started criticizing Pellegrino wayyyyyy before any of us here and the press did.

No one here really believe Pelle is one of the true culprit after Josemi.
    And now...more and more error prone and shown.

although there might be excuse for him, ie..he is 3rd choice defender, he is old but experience, he understand what Rafa told him (obviously he did not..unless Rafa told him to get some goals conceded), or he is there to let Hyypia rest so hyypia can refresh.

The time online again had a wonderful article on him. Some of the quotes,

"If the fringe players are not good enough, though, why play them? In
    particular, why persist with Pellegrino, a defender whose oafish,leaden-footed efforts make for uneasy viewing. Whatever he brings to the dressing-room in terms of experience, it had better be worth it because Liverpool's Premiership record with him playing in the team (two wins, three draws and six defeats) is glaringly different to that without him (victories in all three matches he has missed since his arrival from Valencia in
    January).

The idea that Pellegrino is somehow "fresher" than Sami Hyypia, who has
    excelled in the Champions League, is a curious one, yet Hyypia again had to
    watch from the bench as the Argentinian thrashed around hopelessly, his slip
    allowing Szilard Nemeth to break clear and give Middlesbrough a fourth-minute lead that their first-half efforts richly deserved. Unfortunately for Middlesbrough, the defender failed to reappear after the interval. Benítez said he was "dizzy".

Pellegrino's travails were particularly astonishing when set against the
    performance of Gareth Southgate, who, at 34, is 13 months the Liverpool
    player's senior.

In all but his persistence with Mauricio Pellegrino (on whom more later), Benítez is entitled to the benefit of the doubt, but his team’s inability to stretch a spirited and well organised Middlesbrough side left the Liverpool manager deeply frustrated."

To read the full article..pls click here
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 3rd May 2005 at 03:02 PM.

If LFC lucky this time, they will steal a win. Hope no more own goal by SG again or another miss penalty if have.

LFC having strong mid field but on/off defender. Striker wise, hardly got good one, don't know why Maybe due to too much mid fielder trying to score too???

Anyway, hope i could stay up and watch as RT later and working 12 hrs tml. My heart with LFC, hope they win it with a 2-0 score line
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM
    If LFC lucky this time, they will steal a win. Hope no more own goal by SG again or another miss penalty if have.

LFC having strong mid field but on/off defender. Striker wise, hardly got good one, don't know why Maybe due to too much mid fielder trying to score too???

Anyway, hope i could stay up and watch as RT later and working 12 hrs tml. My heart with LFC, hope they win it with a 2-0 score line
    without Alonso to distribute the ball and control in the midfielder and to limit Lampard..I am doubt we can do a good job. Unless Baros, Cisse and garcia and Gerrard can spur the whole team.

Finnan, Hyypia, Carrager and hopefully Riise as LB are reliable.

We would have Kewell, Garcia , gerrard, hamann, and Biscan can be more strong in midfield.

Again Baros , with later sub in Cisse..to play as striker. and Hope that Cisse is playing as out and out striker..not as an attacking RM as what he did again in the match vs Boro.

I think Hyypia and Carrager would able to deal with Drogba from open play. What are most dangerious from Chelsea are from their midfield. ie Joe Cole twice scored the winning goal from 2 EPL matches. We were hand down from set pieces with zone defending system. have to pay more attention to this. Everytime when we concede a freekick, cornerkick ..I am sure biting my nails.

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    without Alonso to distribute the ball and control in the midfielder and to limit Lampard..I am doubt we can do a good job. Unless Baros, Cisse and garcia and Gerrard can spur the whole team.

Finnan, Hyypia, Carrager and hopefully Riise as LB are reliable.

We would have Kewell, Garcia , gerrard, hamann, and Biscan can be more strong in midfield.

Again Baros , with later sub in Cisse..to play as striker. and Hope that Cisse is playing as out and out striker..not as an attacking RM as what he did again in the match vs Boro.

I think Hyypia and Carrager would able to deal with Drogba from open play. What are most dangerious from Chelsea are from their midfield. ie Joe Cole twice scored the winning goal from 2 EPL matches. We were hand down from set pieces with zone defending system. have to pay more attention to this. Everytime when we concede a freekick, cornerkick ..I am sure biting my nails.
    Don't bite your nails too much. If hungry, take something to eat :P

LFC always panic during corner, free kicks etc... and therefore, cause other team to score. We need two strikers as from current situation, we seem to have. Mid field, we got a lot. Riise should be a good one. Biscan blur blur look can make chelsea player confuse too, haha! SG wise, his move old fashion but his passing solid. Garcia also a solid calm player and can score too. Defend wise, hope they don't give chelsea too much space in shooting/passing ard the 3/4 mark. Very dangerous, should close them down on it.

Talk so much also no use. Let's hope LFC will go final and win the CUP and hope they able to go to Champion league again if they won.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!