Page 166 of 197 FirstFirst ... 116141156161164165166167168171176191 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,320 of 3924

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

Based on the ratings... seems like consensus is Gerrard did not play well... Actually i think Lampard played alright except to miss the shot.

Hyypia sures clears a lot of headers but did you not miss the fact that he keeps on bumping into Traore and ended up the chelsea players are freed...

Actually i think sometime we still play too closely and resulted in loopholes when one of the passes got through...like Cole etc.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    Based on the ratings... seems like consensus is Gerrard did not play well... Actually i think Lampard played alright except to miss the shot.

Hyypia sures clears a lot of headers but did you not miss the fact that he keeps on bumping into Traore and ended up the chelsea players are freed...

Actually i think sometime we still play too closely and resulted in loopholes when one of the passes got through...like Cole etc.
    some of the very obvious difference between some chelsea players vs liverpool players.

Chelsea player do dribbling around, ie Lampard (seldom in this match) cole and Ruben, Liverpool player do not. Baros run the ball into chelsea player is not counted as dribbling.

i dun care..(as said many times)...as long as hyypia play with no pelle, we have good result. But as long as Pelle play, we conceded goal.

Both Terry and Hyypia rated 6/10. They were both performer last night.

on the contrary, i keep seeing drogba beating hyppia to knock-ons. drogba is a very good player but i don;t like him one bit. he's a'lil too nasty and dirty for my personal liking. his endless hysterical waving at the referee and trying his best to get our players booked is a lousy sight from a professional.

btw, i thought the ref had a below-par performance. not very firm and i find him too soft.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

seems like chelsea played not so well yesterday ....like holding back in their firepowers. even after robben came up they play almost the same standards.....as they din take advantage of some flops from LFC midfield and defence. This is quite a wori to ponder about b'cos jose maybe having some tricks up his sleeves or wat.

Next match with the absence of Alonso, midfield will not be so solid plus gerrard's form is always not very consistent ...same applies to the defence.

but lucky LFC have good strikers such as baros, forwards like garcia shd be able to hold them up for quite some time.

Also LFC have more yellow cards than chelsea ..... yet another wori-ing factors....
    think LFC will have a hard time in the 2nd leg

Shall we think this way ??

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfish
    seems like chelsea played not so well yesterday ....
    I dun agree. I think Chelsea did very well yesterday. Playing against a strong team like us, they managed to keep a clean sheet.

Next match with the absence of Alonso, midfield will not be so solid plus gerrard's form is always not very consistent ...same applies to the defence.
    with Riise, Garica playing both LM and RM, we can again pack our 3 midfield with Biscan, gerrard and Hamann (back from injury) We will be very strong again.

Gerrard is not consistent. He did not play well yesterday, but since his inconsistency, he could be playing extremely well in the home game.

Alonso will be taking a rest. We will need him in the final.

have not seen a match where both sides constantly lost possession of the ball in midfield. Hamann may be back for the next match.. hopefully kewell will find his form in this 6 days, and cisse should start with baros.

Traore just looked too shaky with joe cole breathing down his neck. Maybe Riise can do a better job in defence as he was quite ineffective going forward. I can see him shackling Joe Cole and matching him for pace.

We also need to stop Drogba from winning all the aerial balls and holding up play for other strikers and midfielders to get in position. Do whatever it takes to deny Drogba time and space. Perhaps Hamann can help out with that. I dont like that man Drogba.

Gerrard needs to raise his game. He should stand out more as a leader, shout at his players and 'incite' the crowd. We will bring the roof down at anfield, times like this is what football is all about, its what liverpool is all about!

Cmon you reds!! Chelsea doesnt have the heritage nor the passion to match ours.. lets show them what it means to be the most successful football club in English History!
    Last edited by laugh; 28th April 2005 at 03:15 PM.

To be honest... rating is abit harsh... carra's performance only a 7? Min a 8 for me..

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    Shall we think this way ??

I dun agree. I think Chelsea did very well yesterday. Playing against a strong team like us, they managed to keep a clean sheet.

with Riise, Garica playing both LM and RM, we can again pack our 3 midfield with Biscan, gerrard and Hamann (back from injury) We will be very strong again.

Gerrard is not consistent. He did not play well yesterday, but since his inconsistency, he could be playing extremely well in the home game.

Alonso will be taking a rest. We will need him in the final.
    If hamann is fully fit, we will be more well balanced. I actually think Biscan shd not play if Hamann plays. I would like to see La Tallec (maybe Kewell subbing after 60mins or so) on RM with Gerrard and Hamann in central.

Baros and garcia are worrisome for me,.. they just too weak to hold the balls and passes are lousy. Baros has scored only 2 goals in past 20 matches? That must be one of the worst returns for top class striker. Just imagine, he needs 200 matches to meet Andy Johnson's return of 20 goals!!

If we don't take our chances, we will lose in Anfield. I suspect Chelsea will score at least a goal in Anfield as they will try and pour forward in the 1st 20 mins to get a goal. Next game shd be a cracker.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature?id=331907&cc=4716

interesting article on the match...

based on this season's form LFC have improved alot but still far from the "good old days" where the players really "linked up" Comparing to chelsea, their players seems to work better together..... im a LFC supporter but comparing both teams i came up to this conclusion. Overall chelsea played better this season, comparing chelsea's yesterday's performance and her overall standards they really din play their best this morning.

Yup midfield spiced up alot since the new manager took over and i'm very happy about it. But for some time back when gerrard, kewell did not play, LFC still can win. Well this shows that other players are quite good even with their absence. Should they always depends on star players? ... my conclusion is no....n better not to ..cos its very obvious that opposition will mark main players tighter than ever....

based on this season's form LFC have improved .
    last season we finish EPL at 4th. 30 points seperated between us from the champion. had lost less than 13 matches.

only if we are doing better than this, I would consider it is "improved".

where are we now ? 5th, at the table, 32 points seperated us from Chelsea, lost 13 matches.

I know as most of u might say that it is unfair to judge Rafa at this season. but again, I could not really see that there is an improvement.

may be u are talking about Champion League. I agree. But then where are we in the CL next season ?

Read this article.

I definitely will say we ahve improved. It is very clear that this year Chelsea is the runaway leader and even Man U and Arsenal have problem catching. Points is just a stats and not indicative or how close some matches are. Imagine if we beat Chelsea in those 2 close games. We will be 12 pts closer to them while Arsenal will be 6 pts closer to them and we will be ahead of Everton as well.

I say it's an improvement becos overall, the team has improved. Fringe players like traore,warnock, biscan played better. Good players like Carra, riise and finnan play better.

Also not forgetting the injuries, sale of owen, heskey and murphy, all 1st 11 for us.

Moreover, we reach LC final, reach CL semi... definitely an improvement. All we need is to give Rafa more time to get use to the squad.

Our squad have quality and potential...
    Cisse- French top scorer in 2004 (8 more goals in league than Drogba)
    Morientes - Last year CL top scorer, one of the top scorer in Spanish and french league in the past
    Baros - Euro 2004 top scorer

Not forgetting the other star players like Alonso, Gerrard,Carra etc... all full fledge internationals.

Actually the improvement i meant is since the old manager gotten sack (forgotten the name) .... anyway its relative ...when u compare that LFC wif rafa and LFC with that period LFC improved alot rite....

Somemore last season LFC din play champions league for long ...so they can concentrate on EPL. This season , they seems to concentrate more on champions league ..based on the players they fielded during recent EPL matches....showed that they wanna reserved fire power for CL ....

I definitely will say we ahve improved. It is very clear that this year Chelsea is the runaway leader and even Man U and Arsenal have problem catching. Points is just a stats and not indicative or how close some matches are. Imagine if we beat Chelsea in those 2 close games. We will be 12 pts closer to them while Arsenal will be 6 pts closer to them and we will be ahead of Everton as well.

I say it's an improvement becos overall, the team has improved. Fringe players like traore,warnock, biscan played better. Good players like Carra, riise and finnan play better.

Moreover, we reach LC final, reach CL semi... definitely an improvement. All we need is to give Rafa more time to get use to the squad.
    Also not forgetting the injuries, sale of owen, heskey and murphy, all 1st 11 for us.

Our squad have quality and potential...
    Cisse- French top scorer in 2004 (8 more goals in league than Drogba)
    Morientes - Last year CL top scorer, one of the top scorer in Spanish and french league in the past
    Baros - Euro 2004 top scorer

Not forgetting the other star players like Alonso, Gerrard,Carra etc... all full fledge internationals.
    I am against this. I do not think we had improved.

It is true that most of the player had improved under Rafa...very obvious example ie, Biscan, Traore, Finnan, Carra...(only dudek and kewell dropped form this year) but the team itself is not performing the result we would want and had expected. I am talking about EPL. CL is based on the success run in EPL. If u finish at 5th..there is no CL.

Of course i take into account that we had severe injuries problem.

Kudos to our medical team...they make the player return much earlier than expected.

But for Rafa and his team...they had not performed as what we and themselves had expected. This is not spoken out from my mind only, Rafa assistant - Pako admitted that as well.

Understand..we need to give time to Rafa. Totally agree.

But this year we had improved ?? may be yes..for being very inconsistent.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 28th April 2005 at 06:21 PM.

Actually the improvement i meant is since the old manager gotten sack (forgotten the name) .... anyway its relative ...when u compare that LFC wif rafa and LFC with that period LFC improved alot rite....
    this is very biased opinion. although I am also one of them who would like to see Houllier leaving at the end of last season, but I had said many times..I appreaciated what Houllier had done for us.

He inherited a team that had not been qualified to play for CL..and made them able to qualify in CL. He developed 2 world superstar...Owen , Gerrard.

He brought us 5 (or even more ) trophies. He took the team that beat MU 5 times in a row..and more victories with the expense of Everton in derby match.

So far..Rafa had only 1 achievement better than houllier..that is to take the team to CL-semi-final.

I really wonder how do u see that "when u compare that LFC wif rafa and LFC with that period LFC improved alot rite...."

again...when Houllier asked the team to play defensive game...we were mourning for boring long ball, counterattack.

when Rafa started the match with 5 midfielder and alone striker....to play defensively against Chelsea (home game) and Juventus (away game).....we labelled him the great tactician.

again I am puzzled ??
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 28th April 2005 at 06:24 PM.

Default Luis Figo In Anfield Talks

Another Old Folk ? May be he is another McAllister ??

Luis Figo is on the verge of joining Liverpool as talks between the player and club have reached an advanced stage.

The Portuguese international could become the second Real Madrid player to leave Spain for Anfield this year after Fernando Morientes made the move in January.

Figo was the leader of Portugal's 'Golden Generation' and won a FIFA World Youth Championship medal in 1991. He also made his full debut that year against Luxembourg.

He retired from international football after Portugal were defeated by Greece in the EURO2004 final. He had won 110 caps and scored 31 goals during his international career.

Figo left his native Portugal in 1995 and moved to Barcelona for a reported fee of just over 4 million. He spent five wonderful years at the Camp Nou winning two Primera Liga titles and the European Cup Winners Cup.

In an extremely controversial move in 2000, Figo joined arch rivals Real Madrid for a then world record fee of 37 million. The massive fee appeared justified as Madrid and Figo went on to win another two league titles and the Champions League. Figo himself also won the FIFA World Footballer of the Year in 2001.

He has an impressive list of honours to his name including four La Primera titles, Champions League, Intercontinental Cup, two Spanish Cups, three Spanish Super Cups, European Cup Winners Cup and two European Super Cup winners medals. As well as his FIFA World Footballer of the Year title in 2001 he had been named European Footballer of the Year the year before.

He can speak four languages including English and is married with one daughter. A move to Merseyside would raise a few eyebrows in the Premiership and would certainly cause a buzz of excitement amongst the Anfield faithful.

maybe should get zidane as well

CRAZY! what for buy all these players way past their prime?

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    this is very biased opinion. although I am also one of them who would like to see Houllier leaving at the end of last season, but I had said many times..I appreaciated what Houllier had done for us.

He inherited a team that had not been qualified to play for CL..and made them able to qualify in CL. He developed 2 world superstar...Owen , Gerrard.

He brought us 5 (or even more ) trophies. He took the team that beat MU 5 times in a row..and more victories with the expense of Everton in derby match.

So far..Rafa had only 1 achievement better than houllier..that is to take the team to CL-semi-final.

I really wonder how do u see that "when u compare that LFC wif rafa and LFC with that period LFC improved alot rite...."

again...when Houllier asked the team to play defensive game...we were mourning for boring long ball, counterattack.

when Rafa started the match with 5 midfielder and alone striker....to play defensively against Chelsea (home game) and Juventus (away game).....we labelled him the great tactician.

again I am puzzled ??
    Yeah 1st 2 seasons houllier is good but 1/2 way thru, dunno whys suddenly everything goes downhill. and he took LFC for 5 seasons?..... and he never reach top of EPL. Well if you say he's good.... then i'll give him only an "OK" rating based on his overall performance. He bought Senegal players rite?...is it a good buy?... well all can see if they are truely good anot loh, also selling most of the old players like Macmannaman, etc basically changed many players in a short period....not wise to do that... .....lastly im not bias against houllier, just stating what i saw.

Gerrard, Owen world class?.......over rated them

as for your last point, u can see how LFC play during houllier as manager and how LFC played during Rafa as manager..... even both played defensive ..but the players moral is obviously HIGHER. All can be seen 1... facts, facts and facts.

was a draw away a good result??

chelsea just need 1 score draw to qualify!