Page 164 of 197 FirstFirst ... 114139154159162163164165166169174189 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,280 of 3924

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit
    No extra place for Liverpool - UEFA
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlin...331737&cc=4716
    fair enough. despite what my heart says, i think everton or bolton earned the right to represent england next season.
    anyway, let's worry about winning the CL before we start counting our chickens. chelsea and likely milan stand in our way. we are serious underdogs.

Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    fair enough. despite what my heart says, i think everton or bolton earned the right to represent england next season.
    anyway, let's worry about winning the CL before we start counting our chickens. chelsea and likely milan stand in our way. we are serious underdogs.

Definitely, Liverpool and PSV will be underdogs at CL. But I'm sure underdogs can sometimes win. Go go go, Liverpool.

anything can happen
    whatever it is, i just hope the lads do their best. not showing enough desire lately.

anything can happen
    whatever it is, i just hope the lads do their best. not showing enough desire lately.
    Yeah man, the ball is round. But so far Liverpool have been doing great in CL but not good in EPL.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81
    Yeah man, the ball is round. But so far Liverpool have been doing great in CL but not good in EPL.
    u are right. so far we play better in CL...because it is more european football. But playing chelsea in CL semi-final..is no difference playing EPL game.

The style and the team, the man are the same. I am not very optimistic this time...although I had faith we could beat Juventus in 3 weeks ago.

the ball is round..as u said. Even Crystal Palace can beat Liverpool. We stand a chance.

Will definately watch the game and cheer for the Reds.

Btw..UEFA said that there is no 5th place finish in EPL to play for CL. However, if we win CL this season then it is up to English FA to decide between the fourth-placed team or the title holders of the European Cup).

La Liga had similiar situation five years ago and opted to allow European Cup holders Real Madrid, who had finished fifth in Primera Liga, to defend their title and entered fourth-placed Real Zaragoza in the UEFA Cup.

We could also hope that we win the next 3 EPL matches..and Everton can only get 5 point max from their 4 remaining matches. (ie..1 win, 2 draw, and 1 lost).

Yup all is not lost yet. We are still ahead on Bolton on GD. You dun forget that Everton needs to play Arsenal and Bolton so we may benefit. The key is if we can win our matches including 1 at Arsenal.

As for CL, i think we can beat Chelsea. I really believe in it. You look at the 2 league meetings. 1st one, we lost but it was close and the return leg was also close and decide at last min.

IN LC final, we lead for like 80 mins before Gerrard's og. In fact, of the top teams, we played the best against Chelsea. We just need some luck.

I fancy our chance in getting a scored draw in Stamford Bridge and then to nick it in Anfield. We're going to play against AC in final.... I wanted AC as liverpool will prob win against AC than PSV at the way we play! HAhaha

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    want to experiment on young player...new formation ? not a problem..but not at this crutical stage.

Again..Pelle started the match.. and we are now 1 nil down..

U said me biased /prejustice/ or superstituious...everytime we have Pelle in the squad...we never seems to get good result. May be he is mere a bad stat to us..
    Nothing much on the last 2 days...no topic to talk about. I bring up "Pelle" again. Pls flame me...hahahaaa..

Lost to Cyrstal Palace. OK..ok...It isn't fair to blame Pellegrino for the goal. Hyppia got no business trying to single-handedly mark the other two CP players in the box. Carra has no business rushing out to close down Routledge. They should have stay on a spot like Pellegrino to defend their zones.

It's just a coincident that Liverpool performance improved after Pelle was
    taken out in 2nd half. It's just another coincident that Liverpool performance was much better in CL when Pelle was not involved.

Why I keep picking on him ? Bcos I found a direct correlation between goals conceded and Pelle in starting line-up.

Obvious improvement was seen in 2nd half when we reverted to 4-4-2. The
    defence was more commanding, midfield more in control and at least we don't
    look like conceding a goal.

Seem like I m not the only one with unkind words about Pellegrino. Quoted from Daily Post.

"The three centre-back formation had proven wholly unsuccessful in the 2-2
    draw with Tottenham the previous week - the switch to a more conventional
    4-4-2 helping Liverpool to twice draw level - yet on Saturday Mauricio
    Pellegrino again lined up alongside Sami Hyypia and Jamie Carragher in a
    back three.

It led to a predictable first half in which the defence looked ill at ease
    with the system - Pellegrino once more struggling with the pace of the
    English game - allowing Andy Johnson to profit with what ultimately proved
    the match-winner 11 minutes before the interval."

(click here to read the full articel.)

well.. i think it's down to the system. by pushing traore and finnan up into midfield when they are not great going forward, you will suffer.

I think not just pelle struggling with johnson's pace, hyypia as well. i rem in 2nd half, gerrard have to save hyypia's a$$ when he was well beaten by johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    I think not just pelle struggling with johnson's pace, hyypia as well. i rem in 2nd half, gerrard have to save hyypia's a$$ when he was well beaten by johnson.
    i remerber that too. to cover an aging Hyppia...are we that poor we have no other options but get someome who is even more older at 33 ?

I dun care how much u guys defend him ....as long as Pelle played...we conceded goal.

(hahaa...when u being frustrated..u lost your mind ..like me...)

hehe... not so free to defend pelle lah... he's also not my fav player or what! HAaha

pelle fan club convening.....umm hallo, hallo? nobody?

a 33 year old turtle is far from my idea of an ideal signing. all in all, i think he did a decent job, though not enough to convince me that he deserved a starting place in liverpool. but let's face it, he is our best reserve centreback (not counting henchoz). either him or rafa needs to field a youngster like whitbread.

and he certainly was not the only one struggling for pace. that had always been our weakness, hyypia is not much faster either and had often been beaten for pace. we often had plenty of problems against quick forwards.

anyway, the whole team was crap that day. while pelle should shoulder some of the blame and heck, maybe you're right that everytime pelle plays, his sheer presence caused us to conceed goals. but i am not worried about the performance of a 33 year old stop-gap defender who is the football equivalent of stuffing your thumb into a leaking dam until it gets fixed. i'm more worried that the rest of the team, many of them possibly mainstays in the team next season too, playing like a bunch on amateurs on prozac. no energy, no desire, no inspiration. true, we had some players who are not first choice but even second string players for a major club should not be that bad.
    we conceeded goal? yes we did. but the way we played, we'd be lucky not to. defenders can only do that much. and again, we had problems with defending set-pieces while our own set-pieces were forgettable.
    and we did not score. how can you win if you don't score? did they even know how to play football? we need to sort out this jerkyll and hyde syndrome soon, in fact, even when we'd win, our performances were not entirely satisfactory. we miss chances to close out matches, conceed late goals and put ourselves under pressure and often gave away possession too cheaply. if we intend to win things and not just fool ourselves, the team needs to be more incisive and show more consistency and determination on the pitch.

blame pelle for losing 1-0 maybe but blame the team for not winning 2-1
    Last edited by giddygoat; 26th April 2005 at 02:03 PM.

blame pelle for losing 1-0 maybe but blame the team for not winning 2-1
    we all know the team did not do well..now we find who is the culprit.

again I repeated.. "as long as Pelle played...we conceded goal".

if u are packed with lousy defender...even though u have the best striker and best midfielder..u will not win. because your backside is exposed.

the game is played in your own half..and u spent the entire effort to clear the trouble.. U end up the whole team keep coming back to defend rather than attack.

An attack flow built on strong defense.

ie...Fergi particularly singled out the rock solid defending ; Schiemichael + Twin Tower -Steve Bruce and Pallister for the success.

ie...AC Milan is hard to beat this season..they have not conceded a goal during thier 6 previous CL games. With Stam, Nesta, and Maldini defending...the whole team from midefield to striker..can all out to attack.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 26th April 2005 at 03:08 PM.

Default Mourinho respect Rafa ??!!!!!

Never he said that he respect Wenger, Robson, Fergi.

But this time, the most arrogant football coach in the world - Mourinho, pay respect to Rafa.

(Read the article here.)

wohoo.. lets paint london red tonight!

hooray! ESPN telecasting the match live in US!!! me skipping class to watch!!!!

Go! Go! Go!

Quote Originally Posted by laugh
    wohoo.. lets paint london red tonight!

I LOVE LIVERPOOL!!!

let's go boys!!!!

put in a brave and good performance!!!!!!!!

You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

I believe that LFC will win later. With injured player returning to the team, it appear to be a "new" team. Chelsea might not able to break the "new" team and so, chances of LFC winning is high. Chelsea played too many match, might not be able to perform.

LFC, all the way!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM
    I believe that LFC will win later. With injured player returning to the team, it appear to be a "new" team. Chelsea might not able to break the "new" team and so, chances of LFC winning is high. Chelsea played too many match, might not be able to perform.

LFC, all the way!
    basically i dun blive a thing you are saying but i hope it comes true!

cmon you reds!!

Go go go. Beat Chelsea, Liverpool.

1/2 more hr to game play, 170 mins to know the result.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!