Page 162 of 197 FirstFirst ... 112137152157160161162163164167172187 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 3924

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    are irish, northern irish, scottish and welsh considered home-grown?
    regardless of their nationality. UEFA defines home-grown players as those who have been trained by their clubs or by another club or national academy in the same country for at least three years between the ages of 15 and 21.

For example...Kewell trained under Leeds academy for more than 3 years during 15-21.

Although he is Australian, but he is qualified as English Club home grown player.

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    Hyypia need challenged to play good football ? Hyppia playing well NOW becos he's fresh?

As far as I remember, Hyppia has been playing well for the past 5 years.. He and Hamman have bee playing most consistently , much consistent to any other player on the field..
    If you say Hamann i agree. As for Hyypia, he has deteriorated last year. If you look at his performance since Gerrard took over as Captain (not sure if any motivational problem?), he is less reliable these days. Sure, a big part is he has to play with Henchoz, Traore, Carragher and Biscan etc as CD but his performance last year and beginning this year can only be rated as good but not very good. He seems to lost a step or two in tackles and interception as well.

Even if u want to let Hyppia rest, pls find a younger, faster CD as replacement
    and apprentice lar.. but not an older and slower Pelle.

And if he really want to rest Hyppia, why not play Henchoz, remember him? I
    doubt henchoz can be any worse than Pelle..
    Not so sure abt Henchoz... But let me ask you a simple question. If hyypia plays in all matches including all the EPL matches, he gets injuried, who will play in CD? A young CD? We only have Traore and maybe someone from Academy like Potter? Ideally, we will sign someone not cup tied like Pelle.

Thats why i think Rafa is playing Hyypia in CL and Pelle in EPL. He really have no choice. Same for the rational of playing Morientes in EPL instead of Baros. I don't see you question the rationale?

So Pellegrino is here to teach Carra how to win UEFA Cup and La Liga, is it?
    Carra had won the UEFA before Pelle won it for Valencia..he certainly did not need to learn much from Pelle...indeed Pelle has to learn from Carra how to defend in EPL. He needs to run in tackle, block shot, approach them rather then waiting the opponents to step in his zone (so called "zone defending").
    Most importanyl, he needs to learn how to fight and play with the entire heart and soul to defend liverpool from conceding goal.

Indeed, this kind of experiment was carried out by Sir Fergie before, with Lauren Blanc. And the result - MU had even more goal conceded before Blanc joined them. Nor Lanc did manage to teach his experience to the youngsters. Obvsiouly O Shea, Wes borwn didn't turned into another Campbells or Terry, and Man Utd still ended up paying high prices for defenders like Rio Ferdinand and Heinze.
    Is Pelle here to impart something to Carragher? Yes, definitely. One of the main reason i thinnk Rafa signs Pelle is that he played for Rafa many years and was the captain in Valencia IIRC. He knows the zone system that Rafa wanted to implement. Also, do not forget that when we win all the UEFA cups etc, Carra is not a senior member and is quite prone with errors and GH was switching him from left to right.

The point is Carragher and Hyypia and the rest do not know Zone system. Also, Carra has not play enough as CD eventhough thats his preferred spot (blame GH?). Winning is a habit. Consistency is Habit. Pelle has won La Liga, UEFA cup etc over the past 5-6 years, finishes 2nd twice? I certainly think he can teach Carra a thing or two. Even not carra at least to Potter etc. In fact, i believe Rafa will prob sign Pelle next season as Player-Coach. We will see. :P

As for the Laurent Blanc experience, i doubt is to teach Rio etc. It's more like Ferguson wanted to recreate the environment for Bathez so that he can regain his form. If it's to teach Rio etc, Blanc would have stayed on as Coach much like Stuart Pearce or Alan Shearer etc.

Again..because I defend too strong..that might have given u a wrong impression...during jan transfer window..we really have not much choice. Pelle is a good temporary signing. He is free and a not too bad/but nothing spectacular defender. An average defender who has height and size...we need this player to defend the crossing and corner kick in EPL.

he can be playing for Hyypia when Hyypia is not available.

My view is simple - he should not start ahead when hyypia is available.

Of course..Rafa , the manager has all his knowledge about which is the best team to choose from.

So far...1 season almost gone. I am holding back my for him.
    He had done us proud in in the CL..but not in EPL.

4 EPL matches left..we have to win 4..and pray hard hard that Everton will at least lose 2 matches out of their remaining 5.

Calling Heskey ...ROger..roger...where are u ? Pls bang in a winning goal this saturday, for Birmingham and Liverpool as well.....
    Yup. I agree with you. Hyypia shd start ahead of Pelle. Thats' provided that Hyypia is not tired/injured etc. Lastly, i do hope Heskey can score a hat-trick! HAha

regardless of their nationality. UEFA defines home-grown players as those who have been trained by their clubs or by another club or national academy in the same country for at least three years between the ages of 15 and 21.

For example...Kewell trained under Leeds academy for more than 3 years during 15-21.

Although he is Australian, but he is qualified as English Club home grown player.
    That means we will have quite a few since Pongolle, La Tallec also signed when they were 18?

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    I always feel that under GH, liverpool seems to tired out very easily because we play more defensively. Under Rafa, we seems to improve slightly, except for those matches after CL. If you look at the stats of matches we played after CL, you will relise the problem is prob with Fitness and Fatigue rather subbing for Pelle as pointed out by giddygoat.

We have conceded many late goals this season, think Chelsea, Everton (almost draw that match after 2-0 up), Southamption etc. All these are most likely due to fatigue. You can sub for 3 players but all 11 played in CL so no choice but to play a few as starters.

As for consistency, i think you cannot judge Rafa on this season. Given our injuries to Cisse, Pongolle, Baros, Mellor, Kewell, Hamann, Gerrard, Garcia, Alonso, Smicer, Nunez, Kirkland and god knows who else i have missed out. Plus the players that we sign this year like Carson,Alonso, Nunez, Josemi, Morientes, Garcia and Pelle.

Not forgetting 1st team players who left on loan/sale such as Owen, Heskey, Murphy, Diouf, Diao, La Tallec and Henchoz...

I think we have done remarkably well. Kudos to Rafa. I do think he has in mind his 1st 11 and prob the 5 subs. Maybe i can second guess....

Keeper: Dudek (R: Kirkland)
    Defenders: Finnan, Traore, Hyypia, Carragher (R:Pelle)
    Midfielder: Riise, Gerrard, Garcia and Alonso (R: Biscan, Hamann)
    Attacker: Morientes, Cisse (R: Baros, Kewell)

Actually i will fancy the above team to play against any team and do well if we are in full strength. Of the above, maybe Dudek, Finnan and Traore can be replaced with better players. The rest are all top class internationals. Too bad we have so many injuries.
    Agree. Houllier played the team more long ball and counter attack style. Player run like hell.

Yes..i know it is not fair to judge Rafa this season. That;s whY personally, no or for him. we are in the transition period..to transform from counter attack to passing game..to transform from those player who play in French league/ or French player to a Spanish league / or spainish player....

This is my 11 (based on current team) and as well the reserve player that I think it is capable to play.

Keeper: Dudek (Carson)
    RB : Finnan (Carra)
    LB : Traore (Risse, Carra)
    Central Defenders: Hyypia, Carragher (Pelle, Traore, Whitbread)
    RM : Garcia (Kewell,Nunez, Signama)
    LM : Riise (Warnock, Kewell, Garcia)
    Midfielder: Gerrard, Alonso (Biscan, Hamann)
    Attacker: Morientes, Cisse (Baros, Mellor, Le Tellec, )

That means we will have quite a few since Pongolle, La Tallec also signed when they were 18?
    I remember that we signed them both during 2002-2003 season. but tthen we loaned them abck to le harve. Houllier called their service in 2003-2004.

at 2003, Signama was 19 years. after he would have played 3 years in EPL..he would turn 21 by then.

yes...Fall into the category as home grown.

Agree. Houllier played the team more long ball and counter attack style. Player run like hell.

Yes..i know it is not fair to judge Rafa this season. That;s whY personally, no or for him. we are in the transition period..to transform from counter attack to passing game..to transform from those player who play in French league/ or French player to a Spanish league / or spainish player....

This is my 11 (based on current team) and as well the reserve player that I think it is capable to play.

Keeper: Dudek (Carson)
    RB : Finnan (Carra)
    LB : Traore (Risse, Carra)
    Central Defenders: Hyypia, Carragher (Pelle, Traore, Whitbread)
    RM : Garcia (Kewell,Nunez, Signama)
    LM : Riise (Warnock, Kewell, Garcia)
    Midfielder: Gerrard, Alonso (Biscan, Hamann)
    Attacker: Morientes, Cisse (Baros, Mellor, Le Tellec, )
    Same as mine mah... except for Carson lah... haha.. i think Kirkland is better than Carson to be honest. Only problem is injury prone. If you ask me, i will sell Dudek and Kirkland and sign Cudicini for 2-3 years or someone which is less error prone than Dudek while Carson learn. As long as no silly mistake, good enough for me.

....................dudek..............

.........hyypia..carra..traore.....

..finnan...........................riise..

.....gerrard..hamman..alonso...

...........cisse.....morientes.....

Same as mine mah... except for Carson lah... haha.. i think Kirkland is better than Carson to be honest. Only problem is injury prone. If you ask me, i will sell Dudek and Kirkland and sign Cudicini for 2-3 years or someone which is less error prone than Dudek while Carson learn. As long as no silly mistake, good enough for me.
    that;s why I prefer Carson over Kirkland. this guy spend most of the time in the clinic more than any one in his last 2-3 years in anfield.

when he is back..he is also prone to error. fie...reekick scored by aston villa solano.., freekick scored by olympiakos (we won 3-1) he did not even move. and the derby match we lost to everton 1-0 during Nov...etc. after that ...he injured again..

he is home grown... some clubs might be interested...hahaaaa...

Good if we can sell dudek + kirland and get cudicini. (anyway, i foresee that Rafa will sell either Dudek or Kirland end of this season).

both dudek and kirkland had not been doing good this season..

remember if need a consitent keeper..more than any other player.

ie.. Scheismichael for MU, kahn for Munich, and Cech for Chelsea, and dudek for liverpool treble year.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 22nd April 2005 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by totofile
    ....................dudek..............

.........hyypia..carra..traore.....

..finnan...........................riise..

.....gerrard..hamman..alonso...

...........cisse.....morientes.....
    Hmmm... interesting. But isn't this almost the same lineup that lost to Spurs?

Agree with you on the keeper situation. Only grip abt cudicini is he's 33 next year? And being out of chelsea side whole season is not ideal for him....

Heard abt a spanish goalkeeper than Man U is keen on from Villareal or some team. Maybe that is another route but i rather sign a well-known and tested keeper. We had some serious problem with keeper. IIRC, we signed Neil Sullivan for 10 games?

I would like to sign Niemi as well. Quite solid and being Finnish, he shd linked up well with Hyypia.

niemi is 32 leh. almost as old as cudicini. not for replacing kirky and carson as they are both young players. i would only go for cudicini or niemi if we are replacing dudek. but really lor, dudek isn't all bad. just that in big matches....
    if replace kirky, i would like to see someone like paul robinson in the role. he's pretty good and can even take over the no1 from dudek. but as a first choice keeper, i'd rather prefer someone more commanding and vocal. but i'm afraid i can't think of a name of someone like that who is still relatively young (under 30) and not priced over our heads.

i notice everyone went for ciise and morientes as the front pair. me too. ciise's speed would nicely complement nando's strength and his more direct runs would be useful. i daresay he's a better finisher too. i only hope he can fully recover from that terrible injury (both physically and mentally).

would go for

..................dudek
    finnan....hyypia....carra......riise
    ...gerrard...hamann...alonso
    ...............garcia...............
    ........ciise.........morientes

our wings are not great so maybe better not to play wingers

reserves
    1) GK - Carson (i think he did well, howler vs juve not withstanding. needs to play more and get more confidence)
    2) CD - Pellegrino or whitbread
    3) RB - carra (ostemobor?)
    4) LB - traore
    5) CM -Biscan (Welsh)
    6) LM - Warnock (kewell if he's ever done moaning about injuries)
    7) RM - Nunez
    8) FW - Baros ( prefer pongolle if he's back)
    Last edited by giddygoat; 23rd April 2005 at 12:45 AM.

looking forward to winning the CL
    and looking forward to the next season

Liverpool's toughest game of the 4 is a match against Arsenal. Hope we can do a double against them.

As for Everton, I hope they will start losing from TONIGHT!!!!

we must win tonight!!

i can only hope for a draw for Birmingham against Everton,....
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Yeah!!!! Heskey scored against Everton....

Such funny feeling now.....rooting for others to beat Everton and hope pools win tonight.........

keep it up birms!

Birmingham having hugh part of the possession against Everton....looks like win against the Red Devils took a hugh toll on them....yeah man...keep it up....

Go Heskey Go!

yah yellow for carlsley! looks like gonna be a very interesting match!

hai... duncan fergurson on form... dammit..

Liverpool playing without alonso and garcia today! Welsh thrown into action while Biscan on bench. Finnan, Traore, Carra, Sami, Pelle all starting??

what a screwed up first half...

think RB would do well not underestimating ANY team in the premiership.
    Traore as left mid is a joke.