Page 158 of 197 FirstFirst ... 108133148153156157158159160163168183 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,160 of 3924

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

Diouf can play... i was telling my friend that when we played against teams when we winning 1-0 or something, what we really lacks is someone that holds the ball.

I can still remember several matches that we loses/draws in the last 5 mins? Like against Chelsea, Fulham?

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    Diouf can play... i was telling my friend that when we played against teams when we winning 1-0 or something, what we really lacks is someone that holds the ball.
    this is something strange.. I appreciate Heskey so much as a supporting role, 2nd striker to score, a role to assit Owen, a role to be target man (we dun have any at this moment)..and a role to occupy 1 to 2 defender when he is in the box and liverpool having freekick...and corner. and of course to hold ball..

there seems to be few of us like him..

now nemesis32 mention again "some that holds the ball."

Diouf can not hold the ball well..but he definately can run with the ball, especially along the base line.

I wrote here before...most of his run would turn to either a successive run and cross in...and end up as a corner and throw in.

I still think that 11m for a striker is a flop. but then since we had paid that money and no one want to buy him (unless we sell him at 2m)..why not utlise him...

To play as a RM, I always prefer Diouf to be back to Liverpool..rather than the Owen bundle package- Nunez.

play Diouf? better not... he will play for 60mins and then spit at the opponent.. and get himself sent off.

hmm...how abt subst him out on the 59th min then?

c'mon, give him a chance manz... especially when he is not the worst player Pool has now.............

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit
    play Diouf? better not... he will play for 60mins and then spit at the opponent.. and get himself sent off.

playing diouf as a winger is a waste.

would love to see diouf pull on the red jersey once more!

com'on u reds!!!!

we've a game tomolo!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

not the worst but probably one of the biggest flop

heh.... he din decide his own selling price...it was the market at that time...remember willing buyer/seller...........

i like diouf as a player. i think he's really talented.

i wonder how he'll fare if we give him a chance as a center forward instead of right wing? wat a waste!

maybe we can sell baros for huge amounts of silly money and use diouf!

i think we missed the boat for selling Baros for huge amount of silly money, heh... maybe last year rite after the Euro Cup,,,but not now...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    i like diouf as a player. i think he's really talented.

i wonder how he'll fare if we give him a chance as a center forward instead of right wing? wat a waste!

maybe we can sell baros for huge amounts of silly money and use diouf!

that's why he's a flop... over rated

Quote Originally Posted by plinius
    i think we missed the boat for selling Baros for huge amount of silly money, heh... maybe last year rite after the Euro Cup,,,but not now...
    i'll be happy with 8million quid for him. i think baros will move at the end of the season giving his non-committal replies to queries from the press on his future.

heck, we're goin to lose both Stevie G and Baros...
    remember i was watching the ESPN show on friday evening, and they were commenting on Stevie G's future... sigh... not very encouraging...

oh well... but the big bucks will roll in!! at least 35million quid... no?

the game against hotspurs last sat, i thought that Xabi Alonso outshined Stevie G. Alonso is simply a class above the rest that evening!

The press say Liverpool will swap Carra for Woodgate also.. niak niak..

that is a laugh!

wahahahahahaha!

they must be mad! let's swap pelle for woody!

wait long long. carra rules!!

anyway, i think in terms of ability, diouf is actually better than baros. he is faster. more skillful and his finishing is comparable to baros (ie, not fantastic). they both tend to overdribble but diouf tend to use the ball better and is better able to involve his team mates. problem is that his attitude is terribly suspect. as such, baros is still my safe bet. but if diouf grows up, he can be a very useful player to have and i think he can work well with morientes. alsol, i think he'd make a great supersub to bring on when the opponents are tiring and he can run them ragged. and perhaps he would not have time to get wound up and start spitting.
    or we can make sure he doesn't drink any water an hour before the match begins
    i too suspect baros will leave. if we get at least 10 million for him, i would have no regrets. he's a good player but not quite as good as his head is big.
    gerrard is a likely casualty especially given our lack of success this season. he'll be missed but it could be a good thing because rather than trying to build the team around him, we can build a proper team that can play well together.
    still, i would jump for joy if he somehow stays.
    the current team is not good enough but this is not just down to ability. there's something wrong in the mind as these chaps don't seem to have the confidence or commitment to play their best and fight for every ball. somehow i felt that some of our players have no pride in the red shirt they wear. baros is one of them. morientes too have not shown much spirit though i'll reserve my judgement till next season. i may criticise garcia's passing but i do feel that he's one of those who actually seemed proud to be in the red shirt.
    rafa's weakness seemed to be in motivating the lads. i do hope that he can do so or find someone who can before the start of next season.
    Last edited by giddygoat; 20th April 2005 at 01:54 AM.

aiyoh....Bolton leading 1-0 now..they are on fire man.... 10 shots on goal, 8 on target for the first 45min! 0 shot on goal by Southampton!

Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    wait long long. carra rules!!

anyway, i think in terms of ability, diouf is actually better than baros. he is faster. more skillful and his finishing is comparable to baros (ie, not fantastic). they both tend to overdribble but diouf tend to use the ball better and is better able to involve his team mates. problem is that his attitude is terribly suspect. as such, baros is still my safe bet. but if diouf grows up, he can be a very useful player to have and i think he can work well with morientes. alsol, i think he'd make a great supersub to bring on when the opponents are tiring and he can run them ragged. and perhaps he would not have time to get wound up and start spitting.
    or we can make sure he doesn't drink any water an hour before the match begins
    i too suspect baros will leave. if we get at least 10 million for him, i would have no regrets. he's a good player but not quite as good as his head is big.
    gerrard is a likely casualty especially given our lack of success this season. he'll be missed but it could be a good thing because rather than trying to build the team around him, we can build a proper team that can play well together.
    still, i would jump for joy if he somehow stays.
    the current team is not good enough but this is not just down to ability. there's something wrong in the mind as these chaps don't seem to have the confidence or commitment to play their best and fight for every ball. somehow i felt that some of our players have no pride in the red shirt they wear. baros is one of them. morientes too have not shown much spirit though i'll reserve my judgement till next season. i may criticise garcia's passing but i do feel that he's one of those who actually seemed proud to be in the red shirt.
    rafa's weakness seemed to be in motivating the lads. i do hope that he can do so or find someone who can before the start of next season.

heh...ended 1-1....coolz!! C'mon Pools!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by plinius
    aiyoh....Bolton leading 1-0 now..they are on fire man.... 10 shots on goal, 8 on target for the first 45min! 0 shot on goal by Southampton!

amazing kevin philips!!! hahahaha!

1-1 all sqaure over at the Reebok!

the Saints are marchin' in man!!!

now, if only we can win tonight's game! keep it goin boys!!!

i haev to agree on that..hahaaaa.....

it must be joke.

this must be most idiot Liverpool could have done..if it is real.

Carra is one of the top 3 EPL players so far this season to play most EPL matches. Woodgate has not started any game for REal madrid so far this season.

Why to swoop for a work horse for a sicknote who just earn money and occupying the sick bay ??

Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    wait i think in terms of ability, diouf is actually better than baros. he is faster. more skillful and his finishing is comparable to baros (ie, not fantastic). they both tend to overdribble but diouf tend to use the ball better and is better able to involve his team mates. problem is that his attitude is terribly suspect. as such, baros is still my safe bet.
    Inside the box..baros is more lethal than Diouf. His 1st touch is better, and he is very alert for cross to score a goal..to run in from just outside the box into 6yard box to make a volley.

But outside the box..baros is not a very effective. He seldom invite his teamate into play..more a selfish player..

Most of Baros run would end up losing possesion.

Most of Diouf run either end up cross-in, throw in, or corner kick..we are still in control.

But both were bought in to play as striker. Diouf at 11m. baros at 5m.

That;s why we are more harsh on Diouf rather than baros.