Page 157 of 197 FirstFirst ... 107132147152155156157158159162167182 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,140 of 3924

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    He has every right to walk out of the club? What is this man.... I mean, doesn't contract mean a thing? He has the obligation to play his best when he's under contract with liverpool.

If he wants to join Chelsea after his contract finishes, fine! He just have to make sure he plays well now.

He keeps on piling pressure on the team to perform (wanting liverpool to be in EUrope, yada yada...) but he himself did not performed.
    Every player has his off days.

You looked at the season, he conceded an own goal in LC which resulted in us losing the final. When he did not play, we play better and win more? Why? Becos he is not committed.
    So you are blaming him for that defeat? Have you looked back at the season and the goals he has scored before he went into this period of slump? By the way, carragher deflected the ball into the net in the Tottenham match, Dudek was initially moving in the right direction.

Look at how macca left liverpool. No one begrudge him as compared to Owen. No true liverpool fan is going to begrudge SG if he leaves Liverpool and go to RM or Chelsea to win CL, Serie A or whatever. In fact, we will be glad for him.
    No one? He walked out of Liverpool because of the Bosman ruling and Liverpool did not receive a single cent from his transfer. That's what will happen if SG decides to see out his contract with Liverpool.

The key is to make the stance clear. Liverpool may decide to cash in (win-win) for both also.
    Did he not say he will consider his options at the end of the season? He still has 2 years of contract running. If Liverpool can match his ambition, he is likely to stay.

He keeps on piling pressure on the team to perform (wanting liverpool to be in EUrope, yada yada...) but he himself did not performed.
    Actually i think, it might have been because of Owen and Gerrard's issues that the board finally decide to wield the axe on GH.

Quote Originally Posted by totofile
    To be fair to Pellegrino, the Hyypia n Carragher partnership has conceded quite some goals as well.
    to be fair with my our critics on Pelle...here I provide the stats.
    Pellegrino started in 8 EPL matches,

Liv-Man U (0-1)
    Soto-Liv (2-0)
    Newcastle-Lpool (1-0)
    Liv-Blackburn (0-0)
    Liv -Everton (2-1)
    Liv - Bolton (1-0)
    Man City -Liv (1-0)
    Liv - Tot (2-2)

I tio Traore, Dudek and other players when they screwed up. But at
    times, these players are played becos they are at least better than the
    alternative..

If u don't play Traore, u only got the inexperience Warnock there. Or
    Kirkland is so injury proned that Dudek is still playing. Even if I dun really
    appreciate Baros much, I dun moan the fact Rafa was playing him, becos he's the best we have got, even if it's not good enuf.

The issue is we have an outstanding player in Hyppia, yet he was being
    replaced by Pellegrino.

Maybe the objective is to create some form of challenge between the CDs? If that is so, Hyypia has responded brilliantly with the kind of goals he has scored. Important goals as well.
    Give some challenge on Hyypia is good. But not in the expense of Liverpool losing ...

Soto-Liv (2-0)
    Newcastle-Lpool (1-0)
    Liv -Everton (2-1)
    Liv - Bolton (1-0)
    Man City -Liv (1-0)

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    to be fair with my our critics on Pelle...here I provide the stats.
    Pellegrino started in 8 EPL matches,

Liv-Man U (0-1)
    Soto-Liv (2-0)
    Newcastle-Lpool (1-0)
    Liv-Blackburn (0-0)
    Liv -Everton (2-1)
    Liv - Bolton (1-0)
    Man City -Liv (1-0)
    Liv - Tot (2-2)
    You might want to take note that Hyypia started in some of these games as well.

SG is currently the third highest scorer for LFC in all competitions, behind Garcia and Baros.

You might want to take note that Hyypia started in some of these games as well.
    of course I do know which game Hyypia started as well. I am one of the stats here providing lots of facts and stats.

In addition, I do also have more game stats that Hyypia and Carrager partnership conceded less goalin this season (beside those goals of which was merely josemi fault...especially at the beginning of the seasons) and avoid a defeat compared to Pelle and Carrager.

Anyway...it is hard to believe that Pelle should should replace hyypia.

there was one time we say that hyypia is aging..we need another CD to back up...yet u get someone who is slower and older than hyypia... ????

Probably it was because Pelle signed on a free transfer. He was more of a replacement for the departing Henchoz. I guess more of a short term solution.

He might be slower and older, but he brings with him a wealth of experience including 2 La Liga titles and UEFA Cup. More importantly, he has worked with RB before.

Sometimes stats are just hard stats which might not accurately reflect the real situation, especially in football. There are certain sets of stats that might support 1 statement, but probably there exist another set of stats that will cancel it out.

To all LFC diehard fans in this thread, let's get together someday to watch a match together eh?

changi v?

Probably it was because Pelle signed on a free transfer. He was more of a replacement for the departing Henchoz. I guess more of a short term solution.

He might be slower and older, but he brings with him a wealth of experience including 2 La Liga titles and UEFA Cup. More importantly, he has worked with RB before.

Sometimes stats are just hard stats which might not accurately reflect the real situation, especially in football. There are certain sets of stats that might support 1 statement, but probably there exist another set of stats that will cancel it out.
    me agree. he is a short term solution..PLs dun tell me we have to sign a 33 year for long term solution.

He certain has experience in La Liga....but He has no experience playing in EPL..he is slow to tackle, to block shoot, to go for for challenge, to go ahead speedy run.

He has good experience in UEFA, we certainly welcome that. Because we are more likely in the situation now (6th in EPL table )to play UEFA next seaon. but , is this what want for ?

he certainly can communicate with RB on training ground, but he obviously failed to communciate with Carra and Hyypia on the field when playing a match.

on the stats..i hope the current stats really prove me wrong...we all want liverpool to win, didn;t we ?

So far he is not the worst...at least there is something to cheer for...he is better than Josemi.

If Josemi and Pelle star a match for Liverpool, that is the nightmare I could never imagine.....

To all LFC diehard fans in this thread, let's get together someday to watch a match together eh?
    How about CL final if we and LFC can make it ??

Default Champions League is about $. How much did Liverpool win so far ??

a very interesting article to share with.

houllier left behind a team that had qualified us this season in CL. and he was no good..so be replaced.

and if we bump in more $ into the squad this season..but not to qualify for next season...it will be bad for rafa and very bad for the club financial. The already earned 20m from CL this season so far is not even enough to cover last year record lost.

let alone we have made some investment this season on some players...

not CL next season..where to buy some more ? and who else want to come to play for UEFA >

<sigh..............> dun get me wrong..I am not singing the opposite way.. I am just very sad and heart broken seeing their EPL result during last 2 months.

Btw...another article from Daily Mirror to read.

that will be something the board has to do something about. Where are the investors?

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit
    that will be something the board has to do something about. Where are the investors?
    There are new investors who like to bump in huge money to the club to take over the management...but the current board had rejected.

What to do ??

Interesting article abt Alonso...
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature?id=330375&cc=4716

yupz, read it this morning.

can;t believe Real passed him up! hohum!

LIVERPOOL, the future is bright!!!!!!

yeah!!!! next season, i can finally dream and hope for a real assault on the EPL title!

and i mean FINALLY!!!

at least under Rafa there seems to be real hope...
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

According to soccernet, Baros who has scored just three goals in his last 20 appearances for the club.

Even more interesting... what if i say Traore is a more accurate passer than Alonso? Sounds crazy? See this article.... http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drill...50419-1018.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    at least under Rafa there seems to be real hope...
    under Houllier..there was also a season we finished 2nd.. is that a hope ?
    just that the hope did not long lasting...

only during Souness and Evan days..there were not any hope at all. Those were the hopeless day...If there hax not been Fowler/Macca to keep scoring to float Liverpool in the top 6.....I could not imagine..

According to soccernet, Baros who has scored just three goals in his last 20 appearances for the club.

Even more interesting... what if i say Traore is a more accurate passer than Alonso? Sounds crazy? See this article.... http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drill...50419-1018.htm
    although it did not mention the lowest passing rate...I would guess it would be Garcia. He did score goals..but his fancy pass, flip, 1 touch..mostly end up lossing possesion.

btw..I give u another stats.. Year 2003-2004...Diouf was EPL player to have highest number of successive run with the ball.. I guess..most of the run is towards the right flank and cross in...