Page 156 of 197 FirstFirst ... 106131146151154155156157158161166181 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,120 of 3924

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

  1. #3101
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dextorian
    Seriously, do you guys really think that Liverpool will suffer if Gerrald decided to wear blue next year? Look at Owen, he left Liverpool to win tropies else where....... but I think he has won the award for being the "midget" on the bench. I don't think Real Madrid has a chance of winning anything this year, but Liverpool still has that little chance to WIN something big this year!!

    In my humble opinion, if Gerrald really want to go, sell him and get as much cash as possible. Use this money well to get another 3-4 Alonso.... I think we can cope very well without him.
    Lots of fans here think that having/or not Gerrard is only on the physical side...we should also be aware of the emotional impact on other players too.

    asked if I think Liverpool will suffer if Gerrald decided to wear blue next year?i personally think.."yes". losing owen is a lost of a good player. losing gerrad is lost of a good player and a leader. Do u see the pic ? if the best player of the current squad whom he is the leader of the team, leaving the club because he had no confidence that he can win any thing glory if staying back. If u were his teamate..what do u think ?

    If it was me..i would feel very tulan and have a low morale..the home grown talent, the captain, the best/important player...also left his beloved club to seek glory outside..what is the future the club having, especially every the club lost one of their important player....

    and of course if we can sell him for 30m..it will be very good for the cub financially. but if we are to sell player for good money rather than keep player...what is the difference compared to West ham 3 seasons ago..(they sold lampard, ferdinand, cole, carrick and the manager Redknap left them as well)

    btw..is there any 3 to 4 Alonso (young, good, and cheap at 10m) out there for us to grab even if we can sell gerrard ? not very likely..even if there is...it will be very expensive and very little chance he will come over to Anfield..if we are not playing for CL next season.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 17th April 2005 at 09:17 PM.

  2. #3102
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    aiyah.. Rush and Keegan also left to play for other clubs.

  3. #3103

    Default

    aiyah................................

  4. #3104

    Default

    Gerrard is no doubt anfield's prize asset. We should definitely try to keep him at all cost. Liverpool needs a born and bred scouser.
    BUT
    should he choose to leave, all is definitely not lost.

    Lets stay optimistic guys.

  5. #3105
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit
    aiyah.. Rush and Keegan also left to play for other clubs.
    Was Rush the captain by then ??

    and how many Champion did we crown ourselves after Rush leave us ??

    Rush had helped Liverpool to win English 1st Div Champion more than 1 time. He went to Juventus to try other challenge in Serie A.

    Owen had left and if gerrad really go to Chelsea...It is all because they did not think they could win league tittle with Liverpool.

    That is the very obvious difference.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 17th April 2005 at 09:50 PM.

  6. #3106

    Default

    Gerrard was a nobody when he first started out, it is the same for the rest such as Owen, Fowler, Mcmanaman, Carragher, and maybe even Redknapp, Murphy and James who already had some experience with teams from lower divisions when they first arrived. Thompson and Matteo were two of those who came through the ranks but have since fizzled out. Gerrard won't be the last local lad who goes thriugh the ranks and does good with Liverpool.

  7. #3107

    Default

    Rush was there watching the Juve vs Liverpool match. Great to see the legend again. But this time he no moustach liao.

  8. #3108
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    Lots of fans here think that having/or not Gerrard is only on the physical side...we should also be aware of the emotional impact on other players too.

    asked if I think Liverpool will suffer if Gerrald decided to wear blue next year?i personally think.."yes". losing owen is a lost of a good player. losing gerrad is lost of a good player and a leader. Do u see the pic ? if the best player of the current squad whom he is the leader of the team, leaving the club because he had no confidence that he can win any thing glory if staying back. If u were his teamate..what do u think ?

    If it was me..i would feel very tulan and have a low morale..the home grown talent, the captain, the best/important player...also left his beloved club to seek glory outside..what is the future the club having, especially every the club lost one of their important player....

    and of course if we can sell him for 30m..it will be very good for the cub financially. but if we are to sell player for good money rather than keep player...what is the difference compared to West ham 3 seasons ago..(they sold lampard, ferdinand, cole, carrick and the manager Redknap left them as well)

    btw..is there any 3 to 4 Alonso (young, good, and cheap at 10m) out there for us to grab even if we can sell gerrard ? not very likely..even if there is...it will be very expensive and very little chance he will come over to Anfield..if we are not playing for CL next season.
    Brother...the irony is that we are "LOST" now because Gerrard is not committing to Liverpool's cause. I feel that it's better for him to leave liverpool eventhough he's my fav player since Fowler and Rush.

    Of course, if he choose to sign an extension (which he seems to be unwilling, just like Owen), then all the better as everyone in the team will concentrate better on task on hand.

  9. #3109
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    think we need some drastic changes to the team to move ahead. I do like gerrard but selling him might be the only way to raise funds for the changes required.

  10. #3110
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao
    Gerrard was a nobody when he first started out, it is the same for the rest such as Owen, Fowler, Mcmanaman, Carragher, and maybe even Redknapp, Murphy and James who already had some experience with teams from lower divisions when they first arrived. Thompson and Matteo were two of those who came through the ranks but have since fizzled out. Gerrard won't be the last local lad who goes thriugh the ranks and does good with Liverpool.
    Hmmm... somehow i done quite agree with you. Some of these players are certainly not nobody when they break into Liverpool's team.

    Owen was the star player in england U16 team that plays in Malaysia for the World Youth Cup. Fowler was breaking all the school boys and liverpool records before he breaks into Liverpool 1st team... which i think he scores twice on his debut?

    When you talk abt matteo and thompson, they are good players but not star quality players. Gerrard, when he just break into the team, was only a good player... if you sold him then for 30m, i will really treat you like god liaoz... HAha.

    Gerrard, is currently rated as one of the best CM, along with Lampard, hence he's worth the money.

    For Chelsea, i am not sure if Gerrard joining them will benefit them as Lampard and Gerrard are quite similar player and competing for the same spot.

  11. #3111
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    think we need some drastic changes to the team to move ahead. I do like gerrard but selling him might be the only way to raise funds for the changes required.
    Well, i think the issue is not so much on funds. I believe we have as good players as say the Top 3 in England. The problem is more on mental toughness and consistencies.

    There is no pt of keep on buying new players for the sake of buying when the team is not maturing.

    Look at the story below and you will agree with the author that Rafa is doing well...

    http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/mediawatch...50417-0800.htm

    The way i look at this now, we need to get a few players, more to replace those leaving or add depth.

    Players like Smicer, Biscan and prob Hamann is likely to be gone. Even Hyypia is linked with a 3m pound deal to Roma.

    We need players to replace them just to maintain parity. Other than that i do really see any serious weakness that we neeed to go out and splash cash...

  12. #3112
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,529

    Default

    Rafa insistence on playing Pellegrino..

    How many times we have conceded goals when he was playing?
    The normally assured and confident Hyppia-Carra partnership become chaotic
    whenever this Pelle is playing..

    And if it's for long-term objective, like pairing a young CB with Carra to
    get the new player experience for next season, at least still understandable
    lar. You play Traore with Carra to prepare for next season I still not so
    tulan. Just dun see why Pelle is displacing Hyppia at all!

    Hyypia, will sure to be one of Anfield legend like Hansen when retired, scored with a volley during the weekend! How many CD you have seen that can score from two volleys (one left, another right foot) in a week?

    <sigh> Pelle and Josemi...can we release them both , the best is to sell to Everton to sabotage them....

    Btw....I think this season some Liverpool fans are laughing at Owen as Liverpool is playing in Champs League semifinal, and Real not even in Quarterfinals. I am one of them.

    Next season, Diouf might laugh at Liverpool FC as Bolton plays in Champs
    League, and Liverpool is in the UEFA Cup.

    Ironically, Diouf's goal last weekend could be the turning point of the
    battle for fourth place.

  13. #3113
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Pelle play as Rafa suddenly want to play 5 in the back....3CD...very strange decision. As pointed out by Rafa, Everton still need to play against the Arsenal, Chelsea and Bolton so we still stand a chance. That is provided we win our matches!

    And for the godknowshowmanytimes, why must Gerrard take the penalty? In my books, he is definitely and should not be our primary penalty taker (so is Owen, btw). We must start pratising and appointing someone to take Gerrard's place. I reckon Riise will be a good taker, so will Garcia, one go for power, the other for placement. Not forgetting Morientes, Alonso, Cisse and Hamann... so many players that i feel can do better than Gerrard.

  14. #3114

    Default

    Anyway SG has decided he will not take any more penalties. It is not an easy task as the pressure is tremendous. He took on the responsibility probably because he was the most confident at that time.

  15. #3115

    Default

    To be fair to Pellegrino, the Hyypia n Carragher partnership has conceded quite some goals as well.

  16. #3116

    Default

    Maybe the objective is to create some form of challenge between the CDs? If that is so, Hyypia has responded brilliantly with the kind of goals he has scored. Important goals as well.

  17. #3117

    Default

    Give SG a break. For all you know, it might be alll these speculations that are causing his lost of form. He has every right to walk out of the club, even though if he is captain.

  18. #3118
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by totofile
    Anyway SG has decided he will not take any more penalties. It is not an easy task as the pressure is tremendous. He took on the responsibility probably because he was the most confident at that time.
    Is he the most confident? I dun think so. I have never see SG really confident when he takes penalty, same goes for Owen.

    A lot of time, they took penalty simply becos they are the most impt player... which does not mean they are best penalty taker. In fact, if you ask me, i will say Diouf is the best penalty taker in Liverpool. Yes, Diouf. He has the calm assurance, unhurried manner, which helps to cope with pressure.

  19. #3119
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by totofile
    Give SG a break. For all you know, it might be alll these speculations that are causing his lost of form. He has every right to walk out of the club, even though if he is captain.
    He has every right to walk out of the club? What is this man.... I mean, doesn't contract mean a thing? He has the obligation to play his best when he's under contract with liverpool.

    If he wants to join Chelsea after his contract finishes, fine! He just have to make sure he plays well now.

    He keeps on piling pressure on the team to perform (wanting liverpool to be in EUrope, yada yada...) but he himself did not performed.

    You looked at the season, he conceded an own goal in LC which resulted in us losing the final. When he did not play, we play better and win more? Why? Becos he is not committed.

    Look at how macca left liverpool. No one begrudge him as compared to Owen. No true liverpool fan is going to begrudge SG if he leaves Liverpool and go to RM or Chelsea to win CL, Serie A or whatever. In fact, we will be glad for him.

    The key is to make the stance clear. Liverpool may decide to cash in (win-win) for both also.

  20. #3120

    Default

    If anyone else is more confident, he should have stepped up to take that penalty.

    Unless Stevie G is the one that decides who to take the penalty.

    It could also be that no one volunteered to take the penalty, so he as the captain has to do it.

    Or maybe because he was the one that earned the penalty, his team mates decided that he should be the one to take it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •