Page 153 of 197 FirstFirst ... 103128143148151152153154155158163178 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 3924

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    I do not dispute Pelle should be a sub... In fact, he is a sub for Hyypia. Just that i think Rafa is correct in Sub for Hyypia for the whole game in EPL after Hyypia has played in mid-week for CL. . Sub will be used on attacking options or Hyypia if Pelle gets injured or tired.

As for Carlos a better player than Maldini or Campbell. I will never agree until i die.

Yes, Carlos won more than Campbell and Maldini in international football. But is it due to him? Not really, everyone knows Brazil win because of their Strikers. Period. They won last world cup due to R&R. They won in Italy due to Romario and Bebeto. They lose to France in France not because Carlos did not play but because Ronaldo is feeling dizzy!
    In Pelle is the sub for Hyypia..then why Pelle play the most important match. Remember here..EPL 4th seat is far most important than CL.Rafa had stated that very clear any many times.

So , u will play the sub for most important match..and play the best player for the less priority match..Can u tell me the logic behind ?

let aside Maldini...we come back on that..Carlos contribution to Brazil team and Real madrid at his prime..is for sure better than Campbell contribution to England and Tottenham or Arsenal.No dispute.

If u look at Carlos as a left back..thatn u ar wrong. he plays as a wing back..to assist in goal. Let alone he is taker for free kick, corner..and run fast to come down for crossing..

Now we come to Maldini..I admire him a lot. It is hard to judge who is better. Defending - Maldini has a upper hand. But assist in attack, scoring goals..Carlos is much better. But Carlos is a good player..adn maldini is a good player and a captain. I would say both equally the same.

let;s not waste time here..non liverpool issue.

btw...I dun see Rafa will buy any english player next season. Either they are non good...or those who is good..nt available or too expensive...

If I would to get 1 player..I will get a CD. Gallas in Chelsea is mourning about his frustration. Lets get him.

Why I say not getting any English player ?? hahaa...i follow the media report...
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,27-1570226,00.html

Out of 4 semi finalist of CL..there are only 5 english player, Lampard, Joe Cole, Terry, Gerrard and Jamie. There are more Brazilians, Dutch, French players. Even out of the 5 english player..we already have 2 of them.

We should be glad that we have 40% of the best english player..hahahaaa...

if we start to buy...lets get some brazilians, dutch and french players....

Default Cisse !!!!!!!

I liked this fella when he signed with us.
    Now, I like him even more..

A great attitude and servant of Liverpool FC.

Double fractured, and less than 6 months HE wants to play for Liverpool
    again. Other 'superstars' would have just sat on the corporate box and earns
    their big salary.

Now this fella bug the manager to let him play and take risk for the club.

I respect him.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,27-1570216,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    Carranger is the top CD for this season. No doubt.
    But between hyypia and Pelle..and now u are telling me that Pelle is better choice.. and he should play for the most important EPL match to aim for 4th and hyypia is not as good as Pelle...so he play the less priority in CL.

Are u kidding me, brother ?

I made personally switched from a CD ( from 11-16) to a striker (from 17-now) because the youth coach told me that I would be a better player to play as a out and out striker due to my height and my speed..among Asian.

That is a professional coach and professional training.

I must tell that out and out striker is more tiring than any CD. This is very obvious answer..no need to argue here. Ask any coach , in EPL or in Singapore...they will tell u the same.

Pls dun tell me Henry use less physical than Sol Campbell in any match.
    Hehe... You still dun get what i trying to say... Brother.

Pelle plays because Rafa thinks that Hyypia will be tired. Moreover, if Pelle dun play in CL due to cup-tied, dun play in EPL due to EPL is more impt (which i dun really think it is.) Come on, ask anyone if they want Liverpool to win CL or finish 4th in EPL, EVERYONE will say winning CL. Finishing 4th in EPL only have one significance, we can play in next year's CL and thus more revenue next year. That is also a big IF as we need to win qualifier. Otherwise, we will either be out of Europe completely, or in UEfa cup 3rd rd (if we finished 3rd in 1st rd of CL). Which means, we may even be better off finishing 5th, win CL and plays in Uefa cup next year!:P

As for whether CD or Striker works harder... it is very subjective and depends on game to game. I have seen games where Strikers are complete marked out or did not get a touch. In those cases, do striker work more? of course not right?

Take Arsenal for example, when they are winning and scoring like crazy, of course Henry will work harder as most of the time, the ball is in their attacking half anyway.

Then you consider say, WBA. Do you agree that their defenders have to work more each match as they are constantly under attack?

Another example is to compare Chelsea vs Norwich. Does Petr Cech work harder than Robert Green? Haha.. i think you know the answer.

Carragher thinks Gerrard will stays if we win Chelsea.... I doubt it but then i want to beat chelsea!

http://www.football365.com/teams/liv...y_149426.shtml

Apparently, this writer feels that Gerrard shd not be nominated for PFA player of the year.... You know what! I agree with him...In fact, a lot of people feels that if a player from liverpool is nominated, it will be Carragher, which i strongly agree.

http://www.football365.com/features/...y_149464.shtml

Hehe.. if you read the above article... Biscan actually make the list of most underrated 1st 11!! What a boost for him.... i do hope he stays, esp since Hamann may leave as well...

think it is quite useless guessing whether Stevie G will stay or go when the media is playing all those silly mind games. Personally I hope SG will stay. If he choose to leave, i just hope that it is not because he is joining Chelsea or any other EPL teams.

I didnt watch the Man Citeh game... how was the goal conceded ? Was it due to error by Pelle?

the shortlist for Young Player of the year is a joke? C Ronaldo and Rooney?

Quote Originally Posted by totofile
    the shortlist for Young Player of the year is a joke? C Ronaldo and Rooney?
    Well... Big reputation mah...

If i vote, prob fabregas or maybe Paul Smith (Southhampton keeper).

TO wong-se

Brother... alonso says this.... so not just i say liverpool players get tired hor.

btw, another reason is that most players, deep in their heart, wants to win CL at all costs. Finishing 4th is a very weak movitation. See how Sir Alex even have prob motivating his players against Norwich when they are fighting for 1st, maybe 2nd!

How important is it now to maintain your standards against Spurs at the weekend?

We often have a dip in form after Champions League games but we know we can't afford to let that happen this weekend. It's always difficult after a big European game because the players get tired, but we're confident we can perform well on Saturday and take the three points.

think it is quite useless guessing whether Stevie G will stay or go when the media is playing all those silly mind games. Personally I hope SG will stay. If he choose to leave, i just hope that it is not because he is joining Chelsea or any other EPL teams.

I didnt watch the Man Citeh game... how was the goal conceded ? Was it due to error by Pelle?
    No one really at fault actually, or rather, everyone is at fault as all did not play well. No one close him down...

Match report: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=154969&cc=4716

Pelle plays because Rafa thinks that Hyypia will be tired.

Striker works harder... it is very subjective and depends on game to game. I have seen games where Strikers are complete marked out or did not get a touch. In those cases, do striker work more? of course not right?
    Unless Hyypia is tired...there is no logic why I shall see Pelle start the game ahead of Hyypia when he is not injured. Apparently, the manager did not say that Hyypia is running exhausted or Hyypia himself said that he is tired to play 2 match in a week. This is why I question his selection for playing Pelle for EPL.

of course it is subjective. but we are talking about overall. if a striker is completely mark out..u know as a good striker..what he shall do ? he shall keep running until he die..to find space. because when he runs..it will take on 2 defenders to run with him if u want to completely mark out a striker.

Imagine u are a marked out striker..and running for 90mins..u will die.. But u seldom see a CD running for 90 mins . It is again..very subjective...Ferdinand playing as a CD do run more than any strikers playing in S League.

But overall...majority..playing in the same game and same league...wing and striker do usually run like hell.. When giving exmaple..not so extreme to give extreme example mah..

ie..winning CL and finsih 4th.. or course we all want to win C lah...

and after we could be the 1st in European history that the CL winner fail to qualify for CL nexst year..that is also ashame...

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    Unless Hyypia is tired...there is no logic why I shall see Pelle start the game ahead of Hyypia when he is not injured. Apparently, the manager did not say that Hyypia is running exhausted or Hyypia himself said that he is tired to play 2 match in a week. This is why I question his selection for playing Pelle for EPL.

of course it is subjective. but we are talking about overall. if a striker is completely mark out..u know as a good striker..what he shall do ? he shall keep running until he die..to find space. because when he runs..it will take on 2 defenders to run with him if u want to completely mark out a striker.

Imagine u are a marked out striker..and running for 90mins..u will die.. But u seldom see a CD running for 90 mins . It is again..very subjective...Ferdinand playing as a CD do run more than any strikers playing in S League.

But overall...majority..playing in the same game and same league...wing and striker do usually run like hell.. When giving exmaple..not so extreme to give extreme example mah..

ie..winning CL and finsih 4th.. or course we all want to win C lah...

and after we could be the 1st in European history that the CL winner fail to qualify for CL nexst year..that is also ashame...
    Wah piangz... you expect a phone call from Rafa to tell you hyypia is tired ah...

Anyway, let's all hope that liverpool will play well to secure 4th place, i think we will.

Also, we must be up for the revenge of league cup loss and the possible loss of Gerrard to chelsea by going to final as well.

No one really at fault actually, or rather, everyone is at fault as all did not play well. No one close him down...

Match report: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=154969&cc=4716

I second that...everyone at that time was just running back and kept their attention on Lee Croft...without notice that there is a hidden man between them...Musampa just tag in the goal..there are 1 midfielder and 2 CD running into same direction with Musampa..just could not believe no one was actually closed to him and mark him or at least block shot.

Overall..we just lost concentration.

Pelle needs games to prove his worth. Although I must admit he absolutely sucks in certain occasions. Pelle being cup-tied, I thought gave a logical and rational decision to play him on the weekend while Hyypia plays the CL matches. Both are aging players.

I would choose to give Rafa the benefit of doubt as to why he plays Pelle..
    Same goes for Nunez.. though he was totally lost in Turin..

I believe Gallas would be a excellent buy if Rafa did decide to go for him...

Give credit to musampa... his finish was top notch!

Quote Originally Posted by laugh
    Give credit to musampa... his finish was top notch!
    well..we did not claim not to give any , did we ?

sure..it is 1st class finishing..strong and flow into the right bottom of carsson..no chance a at all to catch the ball.

I wonder it is us Baros on current form...would he able to score in this situation as well , after seen him wasted 2 1-on-1 chances agaisnt Everton..and he shot wide in the Juventus away game in the beginning of 2nd half.

So in other words, if Hyypia had played instead of Pelle, it could have been the same result anyway.

So in other words, if Hyypia had played instead of Pelle, it could have been the same result anyway.
    Yup.. in defending that ball.. Prob makes no diff. Unless Hyypia shouts to his midfielders to close down the player, which is hardly do.

One thing i must say, Liverpool players all seems like too soft and nice to each other. Someone like Gerrard or Hyypia shd kick some of the players' a$$ when it's due. Like when Traore tries some fanciful backheel in defensive situation or Garcia trying some fancy passes to our opponent.

Yup.. in defending that ball.. Prob makes no diff. Unless Hyypia shouts to his midfielders to close down the player, which is hardly do.

One thing i must say, Liverpool players all seems like too soft and nice to each other. Someone like Gerrard or Hyypia shd kick some of the players' a$$ when it's due. Like when Traore tries some fanciful backheel in defensive situation or Garcia trying some fancy passes to our opponent.
    \
    \

do u fancy a roy keane? or edgar davids?

perhaps stevie g could be more vocal

i cannot imagine a roy keane type of player, or a peter schmeichel shouting abuses to our players and giving them the deadly stare!!

hahahahahaha
    but if it works for the team then its ok!
    Last edited by Cheesecake; 15th April 2005 at 05:22 PM.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!