Page 152 of 197 FirstFirst ... 102127142147150151152153154157162177 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 3924

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    No..I dun welcome Owen back. I dun like him. he had betrayed the fans..he did not have the real intention to extend the contract to stay with LFC...yet he on and off came to tell us and the media that "I will SIGN and will STAY.".

He made the club having no choice to offload him at such a low price at 8m.

anyay, he left us for glory and not for $. He earns less than what he earned before.

How I wish he would win nothing with Madrid and meantime..Liverpool could win something after he had left.

on Diouf, I would always prefer Diouf on RM rather than Nunez.
    I also dun like Owen (never really like him when he's with Liverpool or England, anyway, i SWEAR!). I find him to be too one-dimensional and not clinical enough.

However, if he is to rejoin Liverpool for say 5m pounds, we shd take him as it's good value for money!

Anyway, i think we have enough strikers already as i hope next season, Mellor and Sinama and maybe La Tallec will play more.

As for RM, Diouf can play RW, right side attacker in 433, like what Robber does for Chelsea. If we play 442, i won't play him as RM as he's a liability in defending. If we play 442, i will play him as out and out striker to hold the ball and release to Baros, Morientes or Cisse to finish off chances.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    I also dun like Owen (never really like him when he's with Liverpool or England, anyway, i SWEAR!). I find him to be too one-dimensional and not clinical enough.

However, if he is to rejoin Liverpool for say 5m pounds, we shd take him as it's good value for money!

Anyway, i think we have enough strikers already as i hope next season, Mellor and Sinama and maybe La Tallec will play more.

As for RM, Diouf can play RW, right side attacker in 433, like what Robber does for Chelsea. If we play 442, i won't play him as RM as he's a liability in defending. If we play 442, i will play him as out and out striker to hold the ball and release to Baros, Morientes or Cisse to finish off chances.
    buy him back for 5m...and pay him 50k a week..that is not bad. under such a condition, of course I dun mind to have him back to be with us.

So far..we mostly play Nunez, Garcia on RM this season. Are not they both liability in defending ?

Wha is something good about Diouf compared to Garcia ? I can only see that Garcia lost the ball way too often , but Diouf take the ball down to the left flank...and most of the case...he ended with

1) a cross..not sure who will recieve it..but at least a cross
    2) corner (chances for us to score)
    3) throw-in (still our possesion)

I think the club is trying to sell him..but there is no buyer.

There might be some development coming this summer. Who knows ? may be a spanish club who want him ?

Hyppia had a very good game against Juventus...he even scored. Really dun understand why once u have a good game..u should rest him. I tot we should keep him running to roll on the ball ?
    we played Hyypia with Carrager in the home game 2-1 against Juventus.

to me...Hyypia is the man of the match rather than Garcia.

Then on Saturday, Rafa played Relle with Carranger. And we lost albiet that Hyypia is not injured.

I question here why u kept a player when he is on form ?

again hyypia showed us last night that he is more a capable player.

hope on the next EPL match, Rafa will play him rather than Pelle.

we played Hyypia with Carrager in the home game 2-1 against Juventus.

to me...Hyypia is the man of the match rather than Garcia.

Then on Saturday, Rafa played Relle with Carranger. And we lost albiet that Hyypia is not injured.

I question here why u kept a player when he is on form ?

again hyypia showed us last night that he is more a capable player.

hope on the next EPL match, Rafa will play him rather than Pelle.
    I think Rafa is smart. I think before Pellegrino come, Hyypia is getting a bit lax as no challenge for his place. Think abt it, even Carragher is a newly converted CD.

Also, by playing them in CL and League separately, he keeps the 2 of them relatively fresh, which is impt as they are both getting old or already old. Moreover, you still get to have one of them on the bench.

One thing i relise for hyppia is that he's more prone to errors this season. Hopefully, he will continue his good form

Also, by playing them in CL and League separately, he keeps the 2 of them relatively fresh, which is impt as they are both getting old or already old. Moreover, you still get to have one of them on the bench.

One thing i relise for hyppia is that he's more prone to errors this season. Hopefully, he will continue his good form
    tell me what u think ? Hyypia or Pelle , who is better Liverpool CD to u ?
    i think we all know the answer. Rafa knows that too.

And Rafa keeps saying that 4th place is more important than progress in CL.

if that is the case..why he plays Pelle for EPL and not Hyypia.

Either he lies, or he is not doing the right thing.

To keep them fresh ?? so if lampard scored in CL match ....we should rest him and not playing for EPL ??

If a player is in form..we should keep him running. Unless he is exhausted or injured.

Hyypia is not injured..nor he is exhausted...(no report saying that he is). Besides of keeper...playing CD is having the least work rate on the field. That is why Tony Adams could still do a good job for arsenal even he was 33.

I seriously dun think Hyypia is tired...and I seriously dun know why Rafa choose not to play the best player in CD for EPL..and he keeps saying that 4th is the main priority.

I also realise that Hyypia is more prone to error. But overall...Pelle is more prone to error than hyypia. ie 2 goals in the game against Soton. and Pelle did not score.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 14th April 2005 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    duh, its a two way thing!

welcome to ANFIELD!!!!

now, to work!!!
    as if I dont know
    my dreams are coming true afterall

cya guys in a fortnight

At least Garcia doesnt spit and end up with red cards!

tell me what u think ? Hyypia or Pelle , who is better Liverpool CD to u ?
    i think we all know the answer. Rafa knows that too.

And Rafa keeps saying that 4th place is more important than progress in CL.

if that is the case..why he plays Pelle for EPL and not Hyypia.
    Pelle did not play in CL because he played for Valencia and was cup-tied, hence Hyypia plays.

Either he lies, or he is not doing the right thing.

To keep them fresh ?? so if lampard scored in CL match ....we should rest him and not playing for EPL ??

If a player is in form..we should keep him running. Unless he is exhausted or injured.

Hyypia is not injured..nor he is exhausted...(no report saying that he is). Besides of keeper...playing CD is having the least work rate on the field. That is why Tony Adams could still do a good job for arsenal even he was 33..
    You cannot compare Lampard with Hyypia.. Lampard is only 25/6 whereas hyypia is 32? Yes, Tony Adams played most matches for Arsenal, but you dun forget the time he spent away Suspended/Jailed. Not forgetting that he has fellow defenders like Keown and Steve Bould to relief him....as well as Luzny?

Also, Adams was no long a regular in the England setup in the last 2 years when Campbell and Ferdinand, Southgate etc starts to play regularly while hyypia is involved in all Finland matches.

Not forgetting the fact also that we definitely play more games now than Arsenal played in Adams time. Assume if Pellegrino is not around. This season, Hyypia and Carragher will play abt 67 matches?!? or about 2 full EPL season.
    38 league games, about 5 league cup matchs, 2 FA cup matchs (we got kicked out in 4th rd?), CL (abt 14 + 2 qualifiers) and Internationals (say 6)

Playing CD having the least Workrate? I dun think so... you look at Carragher and Hyypia, compare against say Nunez or even Baros, who work harder in the Juve match? Moreover, CD is better to be fresh as one small error will kill you. Similar for Keeper....hence Dudek plays immed when he recovers.

I seriously dun think Hyypia is tired...and I seriously dun know why Rafa choose not to play the best player in CD for EPL..and he keeps saying that 4th is the main priority.

I also realise that Hyypia is more prone to error. But overall...Pelle is more prone to error than hyypia. ie 2 goals in the game against Soton. and Pelle did not score.
    Honestly, i dun think you can judge a defender by how many goals he scored... in which case, Roberto Carlos will be the best defender as oppsed to Sol Campbell or even Maldini :P

I wonder what the bookies will have to say whenever Gerrard does not play.

Pelle did not play in CL because he played for Valencia and was cup-tied, hence Hyypia plays.

Playing CD having the least Workrate? I dun think so... you look at Carragher and Hyypia, compare against say Nunez or even Baros, who work harder in the Juve match? Moreover, CD is better to be fresh as one small error will kill you. Similar for Keeper....hence Dudek plays immed when he recovers.
    U did not answer my question. is Pelle or Hyypia a better CD ?

and since Rafa keep saying that 4th place in EPL is more important..then we
    should have played the best player for the EPL match.

Overall...playing CD is definately having the least work rate...I mean the area that u have run to cover. How many times did u see nunze and baros run for 30m ? many times. but how many times did u see hyypia fun for 20-30m..he only jog to the other half when liverpool is having a corner and freekick.

It is overall very tired and physical demanding to be a striker than anyone.
    U can see a CD play up to 35. but u seldom an out and out striker can play to 35.

Honestly, i dun think you can judge a defender by how many goals he scored... in which case, Roberto Carlos will be the best defender as oppsed to Sol Campbell or even Maldini :P
    yes..u are right. we should not judge a defender by how many goals he had scored. we should look at their performance of defending work. And the answer is very obvious...Pelle is not up to the expected performance where he should start the game ahead of Hyypia. And he is no way near Carra in terms of fighting spirit, and speed. He should be the sub for CD.

Roberto Carlos will be the best defender as oppsed to Sol Campbell or even Maldini ?? The answer is definately yes for me.... At their prime time...

u compared their personal contribution to the team...
    1) Carlos overall to Brazil is the most compared to Maldini to Italy and Campbell to England.

u compared the medal they had won for the their and country.
    1) Carlos won la liga, CL, world cup...etc...For sure he won more than Maldini...let alone Sol Campbell.

Carlos provided extra both Maldini and Campell did not do..to assist in attack..to score...to take free kick and to take corner..

Of course Carlso is a better player than Maldini and Campbell.

TITLE WINNING REDS KEEPER PASSES AWAY

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drill...50414-1208.htm

Cyril Sidlow RIP
    You'll Never Walk Alone.

Baros is the most hardworking player in Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81
    Baros is the most hardworking player in Liverpool.
    I agree that. But I must also say that he did not carry out his duty with the squad.

He run here run there...chasing after every balls...
    but he seldom create any chances.. and he missed lots of chances.

He remind me of MacCateer.

As a striker...either u are like Owen to score goals, or like Heskey to assist in goal. Rather that , Hard working but create nothing is not what we want a strike to do.

If he is still with LFC next season...let see he would still be 1st striker..or after Morientes and Cisse.

U did not answer my question. is Pelle or Hyypia a better CD ?

and since Rafa keep saying that 4th place in EPL is more important..then we
    should have played the best player for the EPL match.

Overall...playing CD is definately having the least work rate...I mean the area that u have run to cover. How many times did u see nunze and baros run for 30m ? many times. but how many times did u see hyypia fun for 20-30m..he only jog to the other half when liverpool is having a corner and freekick.

It is overall very tired and physical demanding to be a striker than anyone.
    U can see a CD play up to 35. but u seldom an out and out striker can play to 35.
    Who is better? I would like to say Hyypia but sadly not this season. To me, both of them are prone to occasional error. The top CD this year is far and away, Carragher. Period.

How many time have we seen Pellegrino plays? I can honestly only recall once that he make a serious error... i think is in the FA cup loss. Put it this way, if Pelle is not good enough, he would not be in the Argentina and Valencia Squad last time.

I agree that CD don't usually covers as much ground. However, you have to take into account the efforts to make saving, crunching tackles, interception, chasing strikers and midfielders that makes the 30m run... You see, as a striker or midfielder, you know where you running. As a Defender, you reacts to the Striker and midfielder and you have to run, stop and tackle... Thats why you always see defenders get left in the dead. A lot of it is not because they were slower in running, but because they dunno where the striker is running. Hence, it is more tiring as a CD than a striker.

Bastituta and Romario comes to my mind when you talk about strikers above 35? They are still playing for their national team. How many defenders can play for national team at 35? Prob only Maldini. But, i dun think it's just abt age, alot of time it depends on many factors, such as experience, ability to dictate the pace of the game (like Jan Molby), change the outcome with a single touch (like Bergkamp).

Nevermind about hyypia or pelle. There will be a new CD next season !!! He will be the best!!

yes..u are right. we should not judge a defender by how many goals he had scored. we should look at their performance of defending work. And the answer is very obvious...Pelle is not up to the expected performance where he should start the game ahead of Hyypia. And he is no way near Carra in terms of fighting spirit, and speed. He should be the sub for CD.

Roberto Carlos will be the best defender as oppsed to Sol Campbell or even Maldini ?? The answer is definately yes for me.... At their prime time...

u compared their personal contribution to the team...
    1) Carlos overall to Brazil is the most compared to Maldini to Italy and Campbell to England.

u compared the medal they had won for the their and country.
    1) Carlos won la liga, CL, world cup...etc...For sure he won more than Maldini...let alone Sol Campbell.

Carlos provided extra both Maldini and Campell did not do..to assist in attack..to score...to take free kick and to take corner..

Of course Carlso is a better player than Maldini and Campbell.
    I do not dispute Pelle should be a sub... In fact, he is a sub for Hyypia. Just that i think Rafa is correct in Sub for Hyypia for the whole game in EPL after Hyypia has played in mid-week for CL. You will hardly see Manager waste their substitution on defender unless it's due to injury. Yes, Rafa can play Hyypia in EPL for 60mins, wait for him to be tired then change Pelle. But he won't and shouldn't. What if the striker get past Hyypia at the 59min and score? Then we change? Of course not right? Hence, the logical choice will be play Pelle right from the start, Hyypia on the bench. Sub will be used on attacking options or Hyypia if Pelle gets injured or tired.

As for Carlos a better player than Maldini or Campbell. I will never agree until i die.

Yes, Carlos won more than Campbell and Maldini in international football. But is it due to him? Not really, everyone knows Brazil win because of their Strikers. Period. They won last world cup due to R&R. They won in Italy due to Romario and Bebeto. They lose to France in France not because Carlos did not play but because Ronaldo is feeling dizzy!

At club level, Campbell did not win much as Arsenal is not competitive in Europe. Domestically, both achievement are comparable. However, who is more crucial to the team? Campbell is without a doubt more crucial, when he's injured, Arsenal lose. Period. When Carlos injured, will RM losE? Prob not, they usually lose because Ronaldo and Raul did not score.

Compared with Maldini, i think Carlos cannot even come close. Maldini won 2 European cup with Van Basten etc at his prime. He still win last year near his retirement. If you ask anyone who is the best left back, it will no doubt be Maldini. Also, Maldini can play CD as well and is the captain for Milan and Italy for the past 15 years? He played for milan for 20 years?

I agree that. But I must also say that he did not carry out his duty with the squad.

He run here run there...chasing after every balls...
    but he seldom create any chances.. and he missed lots of chances.

He remind me of MacCateer.

As a striker...either u are like Owen to score goals, or like Heskey to assist in goal. Rather that , Hard working but create nothing is not what we want a strike to do.

If he is still with LFC next season...let see he would still be 1st striker..or after Morientes and Cisse.
    Agree with you that Baros dun create a lot of chances. He creates a lot of problem for defenders thoug:P

When all our strikers are fully fit, Morientes and Cisse should be 1st choice and Baros will prob be brought on in 2nd half for some quick running as defenders are tired.

Let's see who we wish to see Liverpool signs in next season. Let me kicks the ball rolling:

IN:
    Defender
    CD: Ledley King, Spurs (Nemesis32)
    CD: William Gallas (wong_se)

Midfielder
    RM: Essen, Lyon (Nemesis32

Striker
    Last edited by nemesis32; 15th April 2005 at 11:18 AM.

Who is better? I would like to say Hyypia but sadly not this season. To me, both of them are prone to occasional error. The top CD this year is far and away, Carragher. Period.

I agree that CD don't usually covers as much ground. However, you have to take into account the efforts to make saving, crunching tackles, interception, chasing strikers and midfielders that makes the 30m run... You see, as a striker or midfielder, you know where you running. As a Defender, you reacts to the Striker and midfielder and you have to run, stop and tackle... Thats why you always see defenders get left in the dead. A lot of it is not because they were slower in running, but because they dunno where the striker is running. Hence, it is more tiring as a CD than a striker.

Carranger is the top CD for this season. No doubt.
    But between hyypia and Pelle..and now u are telling me that Pelle is better choice.. and he should play for the most important EPL match to aim for 4th and hyypia is not as good as Pelle...so he play the less priority in CL.

Are u kidding me, brother ?

I made personally switched from a CD ( from 11-16) to a striker (from 17-now) because the youth coach told me that I would be a better player to play as a out and out striker due to my height and my speed..among Asian.

That is a professional coach and professional training.

I must tell that out and out striker is more tiring than any CD. This is very obvious answer..no need to argue here. Ask any coach , in EPL or in Singapore...they will tell u the same.

Pls dun tell me Henry use less physical than Sol Campbell in any match.