Page 15 of 197 FirstFirst ... 510131415161720254065 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

Quote Originally Posted by akane
    away from all those "bashing" about the team...

i realised that there are alot alot of liverpool fans in CS.

personally i have this feeling that liverpool fans do have something common (besides being liverpool fans).

i am not sure...but in terms of personality/character liverpool fans are somewhat similar..

does anyone out there feel the same?
    haha! ever the optimist! look to the future!! no more Owen!!!!

he's history!
    wonder wat the reception will be like for him if he returns from Real?

i've a feeling it won't be the same as that of Rushie's return from Juve..

Go LIVERPOOL!!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by akane
    away from all those "bashing" about the team...

i realised that there are alot alot of liverpool fans in CS.

personally i have this feeling that liverpool fans do have something common (besides being liverpool fans).

i am not sure...but in terms of personality/character liverpool fans are somewhat similar..

does anyone out there feel the same?
    There are plenty of similarities. Most of my friends who are Liverpool fans are in late 20s to early 30s. There's a good reason as they grew up watching liverpool dominate in the 80s. Heck, there's even a couple of Everton fans. (i think everton won back to back title in 87-88?)

As for the manyoo, they are typically younger or very old bunch. The younger ones are those teenagers to mid 20s (the glory days of Manyoo is in 90s) while the older ones adores George Best and had the unfortunate experience of seeing some of the best players crashed in an airplane accidents in the 60s i think.

So my guess is 5 years from now, you will start to see all the teenagers being Arsenal or even Chelsea fans. So all the liverpool fans should pray that liverpool can start winning again before our followers diminishes!

Quote Originally Posted by totofile
    http://www.football365.co.uk/news/story_129333.shtml

RB's target Woody is injured again.
    Woody is RB's target? Not likely...

He was. Until Real snapped him up.

yes...woodgate is one of RB target signings.

long before MU mentioned anything about ronaldo , GH also wanted to sign him.

When ferdinand still playing for WEst Ham, GH also wanted to sign him.

But they asked too much...the mnager dun have the budget.

Actually i think one of the reason i think liverpool has fallen behind the rest is very simple.

The chairman is unwilling to list the company. Liverpool was valued at i think 500 m pounds at one point (abt 1/2 or what Man U worth) if they list it. However, the chairman decided not to list thus depriving us from gaining valuable cheap funding (interest-free equity) for building the Stanley Park stadium as well as buying new players.

I mean not all Listed football clubs will do well. e.g. Leeds However, given liverpool's strong supporter base worldwide as well as good performance in league and europe competitions, we should do well.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    Actually i think one of the reason i think liverpool has fallen behind the rest is very simple.

The chairman is unwilling to list the company. Liverpool was valued at i think 500 m pounds at one point (abt 1/2 or what Man U worth) if they list it. However, the chairman decided not to list thus depriving us from gaining valuable cheap funding (interest-free equity) for building the Stanley Park stadium as well as buying new players.

I mean not all Listed football clubs will do well. e.g. Leeds However, given liverpool's strong supporter base worldwide as well as good performance in league and europe competitions, we should do well.
    well I have a different view form yours.

Not listed the company will not be the culprit at all. It is the same under the control by Moores family when we had the prime time during 70s and 80s.

Indeed, Kenny Dalgish is smartass..he saw that the aging batch of payer and decided to resign...with Souness bought in some useless player despite of the good thing about bring in Fowler and Macca. Did u read that Eric Cantona approached Souness to play for Liverpool, and Souness turned him down and eventually Cantona turn to MU to help them to dominate 90s and help to bring out the talent like Beckham and Scholes.

Had we played Champion league every seasons from 92-97...we would have generated enough money to buy more players...

Listed the company may lead the club out of control..ie an outsider come in and buy lots of share and control the club. Go out to bank and ask for huge loan to buy player....that risk the club financial status for a non guarantee success..ie...and Leeds.

Strong based of supporter would not make club to survive if it is listed on the board..it is the financial status to make the club long lasting...
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 8th October 2004 at 04:48 PM.

True. But from a financial standpoint (and i am from the accounting field), listing Liverpool will open up the Club to investors worldwide. It will open many opportunities as well.

As i mentioned, leeds is an example how it can go wrong. However, it make senses for us to list and use the proceed to pay for the stadium rather than borrow heavily and pays off the interest and left with nothing for transfer.

Sometime, a change in mgt is also a good thing. Rick Parry and David Moores has been around for too long. They may lack the drive or vision to push Liverpool forward.

As for King Kenny, not sure if he thinks the players are aging and Souness did well in bringing Fowler, Macca and carragher while he's in charge. I do feel Liverpool starts to decline as they never recover from the shock of Kenny Dalgish's resignation. Souness is just too tough and make several questionable acquisition such as Mark Walters, David Speedie etc which is definitely not good enough for Liverpool.

If Roman Abramovich bought Liverpool....I sometimes wonder
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

well, having some extra money would be nice but i kinda feel the way abramovich goes around buying players like candy sort of cheapens the club.
    i have more respect for the likes of man utd and arsenal who are more careful in their signings and spend more effort getting the best out of their players. abramovich reminds me of some people who would buy the latest, hottest camera or lens then sell it a few days later because it wasn't what they want.
    anyway, regarding woodgate, i remembered rafa having said he would like to have him in the team but the price that he was sold for was just madness. only the great real madrid would spend 13 million pounds for an injured defender. he would have been great beside hyypia though. pity but that's life.
    well, on a more optimistic note, valencia did not do too well in the beginning when rafa took over too, but they rallied to win the league, helped by a poor run by real madrid, of course. i mean, i don't expect us to win the league this season, but i do hope to see much improvement by the second half of the season.
    actually, i started supporting liverpool only in the 90s (wasn't keen on football before that) and was entranced by the likes of fowler and mcmanaman as well as the ageing but still good barnes and rush. biggest regret was not seeing more of heggem. he wasn't the most solid of defenders but moving forward, his pace and ball skills were something to see. than he got injured and it all ended.

Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    well, having some extra money would be nice but i kinda feel the way abramovich goes around buying players like candy sort of cheapens the club.
    i have more respect for the likes of man utd and arsenal who are more careful in their signings and spend more effort getting the best out of their players. abramovich reminds me of some people who would buy the latest, hottest camera or lens then sell it a few days later because it wasn't what they want.
    anyway, regarding woodgate, i remembered rafa having said he would like to have him in the team but the price that he was sold for was just madness. only the great real madrid would spend 13 million pounds for an injured defender. he would have been great beside hyypia though. pity but that's life.
    well, on a more optimistic note, valencia did not do too well in the beginning when rafa took over too, but they rallied to win the league, helped by a poor run by real madrid, of course. i mean, i don't expect us to win the league this season, but i do hope to see much improvement by the second half of the season.
    actually, i started supporting liverpool only in the 90s (wasn't keen on football before that) and was entranced by the likes of fowler and mcmanaman as well as the ageing but still good barnes and rush. biggest regret was not seeing more of heggem. he wasn't the most solid of defenders but moving forward, his pace and ball skills were something to see. than he got injured and it all ended.
    giddygoat, we share exactly the same sentiment. what abramovich does was just trying to buy instant success. so there's nothing to be envy of.
    i'm confident liverpool will continue to improve under the guidance of the new gafer. in fact we have already witnessed that the style of play is more attacking minded. no more relying on counter attacks or hit one goal and sit back and defence.
    I also feel sad for heggem. he was good during his time when he was fit. is just so unlucky that an injury kept him out for so long and he did not get back to his form after that. this is really sad for players like him and i think fowler will agree with us as well.

True. But from a financial standpoint (and i am from the accounting field), listing Liverpool will open up the Club to investors worldwide. It will open many opportunities as well.
    Opportunities is not necessary turned to be all the time good.
    Yes..there might be interests for investor to come in. Investor can throw in more money..the investor can also control the club. When the club being controlled by a particular single party,...it can be used to do anything...ie the investor run into financial difficulties..he can pledged the club as mortgage for banking facilities.

He can overturn the club in to turnmoil...Of course it may not be so bad,..I am just trying to say that opportunities is not = "must be good scenario"..it can be the other way round.

Rick Parry and David Moores has been around for too long. They may lack the drive or vision to push Liverpool forward.
    Not meant to touch politics (if moderator find this is sentive, pls remove this paragraph) SM has been longer working for SIngaproe than Pick and David for liverpool....and he is now the mentor..and does not seem to lack the drive or vision to push the country forward.

As for King Kenny, not sure if he thinks the players are aging and Souness did well in bringing Fowler, Macca and carragher while he's in charge. I do feel Liverpool starts to decline as they never recover from the shock of Kenny Dalgish's resignation. Souness is just too tough and make several questionable acquisition such as Mark Walters, David Speedie etc which is definitely not good enough for Liverpool.
    Souness day was the darkest day of Liverpool history during the last 30 years.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 12th October 2004 at 12:56 PM.

Default New Liverpool star in the making?

Hi guys

Just saw this article on the website and thought to share with you guys.

Jed, got chance to look at David Raven? Is he any good?

A trio of Liverpool's youngsters all gave a good account of themselves during England Under-20s 1-0 win over Holland with David Raven in particular having an outstanding game.
    Raven is captain of the England Under-20 team and gave a mature and classy display at centre half leading by example. Raven made the move from the Academy to Melwood halfway through last season and is a very consistent and dependable performer. He can play centre half or right back and made his first team bow during the friendly at Wrexham in pre-season.

Raven is a regular member of Hughie McAuley's reserve team and Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has been impressed with what he has seen from the young defender.

Also on duty for England Under-20s was Mark Smyth who had an eventful game against the Dutch. The Liverpool Reserves striker played on the left wing and missed a penalty when he fired wide from 12 yards out.

Reds midfielder David Mannix appeared as a second half substiute for England in the centre of midfield which was a big boost for the player who is trying to get back to full fitness after almost two years on the sidelines due to a serious knee operation.

REDS BAFFLED BY MORGAN STORIES

Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry insists he is baffled by weekend reports suggesting Steve Morgan is ready to make a new 100m investment in the club.
    Morgan is also believed to be perplexed by the stories that said the multi-millionaire was in advanced talks to underwrite a rights issue at the club.
    But Parry told the Liverpool Echo: "Our relationship with Steve is very cordial and obviously we are in contact, but we are as baffled as he is by this story."
    Parry has also revealed that he continues to be in talks with the Thai-based media company Grammy - although any deal is likely to form a commercial tie-up..

Reports suggested Morgan - a lifelong Reds fan - had improved the terms of his offer to underwrite a share rights issue, as well as offering to buy from existing shareholders.

The Moores family currently has a 51 per cent stake in the club.
    Morgan has already had several plans to pump funds in to the club rejected with his latest bid shelved after concerns over the escalating costs of the proposed new stadium.

The former Redrow owner became concerned at the spiralling costs of the anticipated 60,000-seater venue on Stanley Park.

Just an update.

Rafael is looking at buying Morientes now that Camacho is gone!

Also, Mutu (an liverpool target... more like my target) refuse to come back to Chelsea, thus is now on the way out...

BUY! BUY! BUY!

(another use of BUY! BUY! BUY!) Hahaha

I may think that Mista is more likely to come to Liverpool rather than Morientes.

Mista had shown interest to join Rafa, and his contract will end by January transfer window..and walk out from Valencia as Bosman ruling..

No need to pay a single cents to sign him...BUY BUY BUY.......

Hi 5 to wong se...

Yeah.. Mista may join...

Actually i hope rafael gives the two youngster (sinama & mellor) some chance in the 1st team also..

Actually i hope rafael gives the two youngster (sinama & mellor) some chance in the 1st team also..
    Hi nemesis32,

I read that couple of times u mentioned about sinama & mellor. I agree that they are potential...but yet good enough. Sinama always injured...because of the style he is playing..a bit like owen. And Mellor admitted that he is not up to the standard to plya first team for Liverpool.

If Cisss had found his form and bang in goals like Henry for the club, would believe Rafa might rest him for a game of 2 and let Mellor to have some games. May be he would use Signama, Mellor, Diao and Biscan for League Cup matches.

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    Hi nemesis32,

I read that couple of times u mentioned about sinama & mellor. I agree that they are potential...but yet good enough. Sinama always injured...because of the style he is playing..a bit like owen. And Mellor admitted that he is not up to the standard to plya first team for Liverpool.

If Cisss had found his form and bang in goals like Henry for the club, would believe Rafa might rest him for a game of 2 and let Mellor to have some games. May be he would use Signama, Mellor, Diao and Biscan for League Cup matches.
    Ya.. Rafa will probably play them in league cup. Perhaps even play partridge, david raven, john welsh etc...

As for whether sinama and mellor, if you don't play them, they will never improve. I guess they will prob come up short against opponents like Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U, but shd be alright to play them against Crystal Palace, WBA etc.

Moreover, Sinama was the top scorer and player of the tournament in the under 20s world championship...So he shd have the quality. Ahead of a certain ronaldo. HAha